IRC log of xmlsec on 2008-02-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:07:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
13:07:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-xmlsec-irc
13:07:14 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:07:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
13:07:16 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
13:07:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 53 minutes
13:07:17 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
13:07:17 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 26 February 2008
13:38:34 [PHB]
PHB has joined #xmlsec
13:38:57 [PHB]
Testy testy testy test.... Plz ignore
13:44:00 [tlr]
so you're in a testy mood today?
13:44:02 [tlr]
http://demotivators.com/mis24x30prin.html
13:45:19 [fjh]
fjh has joined #xmlsec
13:45:33 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:45:33 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has not yet started, fjh
13:45:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, PHB, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:46:12 [fjh]
Regrets: Juan Carlos Cruellas, Konrad Lanz, Shivaram Mysore
13:46:25 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
13:46:34 [fjh]
Scribe: Sean Mullan
13:47:13 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0030.html
13:50:11 [PHB]
Zakim, code?
13:50:11 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), PHB
13:50:47 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
13:50:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.306.aaaa
13:53:59 [jwray]
jwray has joined #xmlsec
13:54:10 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
13:54:10 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
13:54:12 [Zakim]
+Thomas
13:54:16 [Zakim]
+fjh
13:54:33 [tlr]
zakim, aaaa is PHB
13:54:33 [Zakim]
+PHB; got it
13:55:22 [Zakim]
+ +1.978.244.aabb
13:55:41 [jwray]
zakim, aabb is jwray
13:55:41 [Zakim]
+jwray; got it
13:56:26 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:56:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PHB, Thomas, fjh, jwray
13:56:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jwray, fjh, PHB, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:57:14 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:57:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PHB, Thomas, fjh, jwray
13:57:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jwray, fjh, PHB, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:57:38 [Zakim]
+??P12
13:58:09 [sean]
sean has joined #xmlsec
13:58:34 [tlr]
zakim, ??P12 is rob
13:58:34 [Zakim]
+rob; got it
13:59:11 [Zakim]
+Sean_Mullen
13:59:11 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
13:59:47 [Zakim]
+ +aacc
13:59:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.401.aadd
13:59:57 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:59:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PHB, Thomas, fjh, jwray, rob, Sean_Mullen, +aacc, +1.512.401.aadd
14:00:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see brich, sean, jwray, fjh, PHB, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:00:12 [sean]
* yes
14:00:14 [tlr]
zakim, aacc is DonEastlake
14:00:14 [Zakim]
+DonEastlake; got it
14:00:16 [brich]
zakim, aadd is brich
14:00:16 [Zakim]
+brich; got it
14:00:38 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:00:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PHB, Thomas, fjh, jwray, rob, Sean_Mullen, DonEastlake, brich
14:00:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see brich, sean, jwray, fjh, PHB, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:00:50 [sean]
TOPIC: Administrivia
14:01:17 [sean]
rob is scribe next week
14:01:36 [sean]
fjh: suggest cancelling calls 3/11 and 3/25
14:01:47 [brich]
+1
14:01:52 [tlr]
+1
14:02:09 [sean]
RESOLUTION: cancel calls on 3/11 and 3/25
14:02:24 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
14:02:47 [Zakim]
+Hal_Lockhart
14:02:49 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0005.html
14:03:21 [sean]
TOPIC: chartering
14:03:30 [sean]
fjh: working on draft charter
14:03:31 [tlr]
q+
14:03:37 [hal]
hal has joined #xmlsec
14:03:44 [fjh]
ack tlr
14:04:03 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/xmlsec-charter.html
14:04:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.506.aaee
14:04:14 [sean]
tlr: draft charter will go into SE review soon now, maybe a few minor edits
14:04:23 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
14:04:25 [tlr]
s/SE/AC/
14:04:30 [tlr]
zakim, aaee is pdatta
14:04:30 [Zakim]
+pdatta; got it
14:04:39 [tlr]
tlr has changed the topic to: March 11, March 25 cancelled.
14:04:59 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
14:05:01 [deastlak]
deastlak has joined #XMLSEC
14:05:21 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-xmlsec-minutes.html
14:05:33 [sean]
fjh: can we approve minutes?
14:05:36 [sean]
fjh:
14:06:04 [sean]
RESOLUTION: February 19 minutes approved
14:06:18 [tlr]
topic: test case doc
14:06:19 [sean]
TOPIC: Test case doc
14:06:24 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html
14:06:35 [tlr]
sorry, no progress on that one yet
14:06:57 [tlr]
ScribeNick: tlr
14:07:05 [tlr]
topic: Best Practices
14:07:16 [tlr]
fjh: not essential, nice to have
14:07:20 [tlr]
... could pull sth together ..
14:07:26 [tlr]
... might put sth on list if time ...
14:07:32 [tlr]
... calls next week, in two weeks after that ...
14:07:43 [tlr]
... need to decide that we're either doing or not doing it ...
14:07:59 [tlr]
... in reality, new group to start in mid-Mau ...
14:08:02 [tlr]
s/Mau/May/
14:08:09 [tlr]
... at least that's my anticipation ...
14:08:19 [tlr]
... this one might go on a tad beyond end of March ...
14:08:26 [tlr]
... if we want to, could use some of that time ...
14:09:07 [hal]
q+
14:09:17 [fjh]
ack hal
14:09:27 [tlr]
tlr: should take up overtime vs extension question at transition call
14:09:34 [tlr]
fjh: discussed that at CG
14:09:43 [tlr]
hal: do we expect more people -- slot?
14:09:50 [tlr]
fjh: open to suggestions
14:09:56 [tlr]
... don't know who else would join ...
14:09:57 [tlr]
q+
14:10:07 [tlr]
hal: time slot unattractive for west coast
14:10:16 [tlr]
fjh: assuming people here interested in continuing
14:10:32 [sean]
tlr: suggest time slot for working group to decide
14:10:43 [tlr]
fjh: don't erase slot from calendars
14:10:46 [tlr]
hal: not much competition
14:11:06 [sean]
yes, i am back
14:11:11 [tlr]
ScribeNick: sean
14:11:22 [sean]
fjh: make progress on best practices
14:11:28 [sean]
.. not a showstopper if not
14:11:30 [tlr]
topic: action item review
14:11:48 [tlr]
ACTION-145?
14:11:49 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-145 -- Sean Mullan to look at W3C document license compatibility with sharing test cases with Apache -- due 2008-02-19 -- OPEN
14:11:49 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/track/actions/145
14:12:24 [tlr]
sean: Apache is happy to include test cases under W3C document license.
14:12:47 [tlr]
ACTION-145 closed
14:13:34 [tlr]
fjh: sean, can you send a quick e-mail?
14:13:40 [tlr]
sean: don't want to speak on behalf of legal folks
14:14:02 [tlr]
fjh: maybe just say the action is done, and here's ther esult
14:14:04 [tlr]
trackbot-ng, close ACTION-145
14:14:04 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-145 Look at W3C document license compatibility with sharing test cases with Apache closed
14:14:06 [tlr]
ACTION-147 continued
14:14:08 [sean]
ACTION 147 still open
14:14:10 [tlr]
ACTION-148 continued
14:14:22 [sean]
TOPIC: any other business
14:14:36 [sean]
tlr: check in with donald about dsig core PR
14:15:10 [sean]
tlr: maybe minor changes then proposed rec
14:15:32 [sean]
tlr: donald, what is your timeline?
14:15:43 [sean]
donald: reformatting not too bad
14:16:01 [sean]
q+
14:16:17 [sean]
donald: polished internet draft probably by end of March
14:16:33 [sean]
fjh: what else besides formatting?
14:16:43 [sean]
donald: ietf last call
14:16:52 [tlr]
q+
14:16:57 [sean]
donald: meeting week of march 10, check if we have a sponsor
14:17:19 [sean]
donald: they might have changes but don't forsee technical changes
14:17:29 [sean]
.... then 4 week last call
14:17:45 [sean]
... push ahead, can't predict exactly how long
14:17:59 [sean]
... unlikely large problems will arise
14:18:05 [tlr]
9-14 March
14:18:08 [tlr]
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/71-IETF.html
14:20:29 [sean]
fjh: how should we track this?
14:20:33 [tlr]
q-
14:20:48 [sean]
donald: just mechanical, will report back on progress
14:21:24 [tlr]
sean: is this the "revised algorithm URIs" RFC
14:21:30 [tlr]
donald: tried to keep that draft open for a while
14:21:33 [tlr]
... getting some complaints ...
14:21:44 [tlr]
... this conversation was about dsig-core ...
14:21:50 [tlr]
fjh: original document was joint effort
14:21:58 [tlr]
... there were two publications ...
14:22:04 [tlr]
don: there were actually two publications in the IETF
14:22:29 [sean]
q+
14:22:32 [tlr]
... draft standard, one minor feature taken out ...
14:22:58 [sean]
donald: did an additional version of alg uri draft
14:23:11 [sean]
... will spina new draft and notify people when i do that
14:23:41 [sean]
... inclined to get it done sooner rather than later
14:25:13 [sean]
q-
14:25:52 [sean]
fjh: anything else?
14:26:07 [sean]
... hal where do we stand with best practices?
14:26:20 [sean]
hal: try to get something out by mid to late march
14:26:32 [sean]
adjourned
14:26:45 [Zakim]
-Hal_Lockhart
14:26:46 [Zakim]
-PHB
14:26:48 [Zakim]
-Thomas
14:26:49 [Zakim]
-brich
14:26:50 [Zakim]
-rob
14:26:52 [Zakim]
-pdatta
14:26:57 [Zakim]
-DonEastlake
14:26:59 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
14:27:00 [Zakim]
-jwray
14:27:09 [fjh]
rrsagent, make minutes public
14:27:09 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', fjh. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:28:02 [fjh]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:28:13 [fjh]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
14:28:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-xmlsec-minutes.html fjh
14:28:56 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:28:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, Sean_Mullen
14:28:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see EdS, hal, sean, fjh, PHB, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:29:09 [fjh]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
14:29:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-xmlsec-minutes.html fjh
14:29:44 [fjh]
Present: Ed Simon, Hal, Sean, Frederick, PHB, Rob
14:30:26 [fjh]
Present: Ed Simon, Hal, Sean, Frederick, PHB, Rob, Donald Eastlake, Bruce Rich, Thomas, Pratik, John Wray
14:30:47 [fjh]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
14:30:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-xmlsec-minutes.html fjh
14:31:21 [Zakim]
-Sean_Mullen
14:31:22 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:31:23 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
14:31:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.781.306.aaaa, Thomas, fjh, PHB, +1.978.244.aabb, jwray, rob, Sean_Mullen, +aacc, +1.512.401.aadd, DonEastlake, brich, Ed_Simon, Hal_Lockhart, +1.650.506.aaee,
14:31:27 [Zakim]
... pdatta
14:31:52 [fjh]
zakim, bye
14:31:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec
14:41:21 [PHB]
PHB has left #xmlsec