IRC log of rif on 2008-02-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:41:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
15:41:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-rif-irc
15:41:59 [csma]
zakim, this will be rif
15:41:59 [Zakim]
ok, csma; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
15:42:25 [csma]
Meeting: RIF telecon 19 February 2008
15:42:42 [csma]
Chair: Christian de Sainte Marie
15:43:20 [csma]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/0083.html
15:44:06 [mdean]
mdean has joined #rif
15:44:13 [csma]
csma has changed the topic to: 19 February RIF telecon agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/0083.html
15:53:48 [csma]
Regrets: IgorMozetic DaveReynolds PaulVincent HassanAitKaci
15:54:45 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
15:57:43 [csma]
Mike, can youscribe today? The telecon is likely to be shorter than usual (or am I over-optimistic? :-)
15:58:30 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
15:58:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.212.781.aaaa
15:58:39 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Christian, I see you got my email
15:58:48 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:58:55 [Zakim]
+LeoraMorgenstern; got it
15:59:02 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I apologize that I can't do the scribing today.
15:59:09 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, please mute me
15:59:21 [Zakim]
sorry, LeoraMorgenstern, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
15:59:42 [LeoraMorgenstern]
:-), zakim.
15:59:53 [sandro]
kind of silly, really
16:00:15 [Zakim]
+??P31
16:00:59 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, please mute me.
16:01:02 [csma]
zakim, ??P31 is me
16:01:08 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
16:01:19 [Zakim]
+Sandro
16:01:21 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
16:01:23 [Zakim]
LeoraMorgenstern should now be muted
16:01:27 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
16:01:53 [Zakim]
+Axel_Polleres
16:01:55 [mdean]
scribe: Mike Dean
16:01:56 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
16:02:00 [mdean]
scribenick: mdean
16:03:11 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #rif
16:03:33 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:03:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeoraMorgenstern (muted), csma, Mike_Dean, Sandro, Axel_Polleres (muted)
16:03:56 [ChrisW]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
16:04:08 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:04:14 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
16:04:38 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:04:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeoraMorgenstern (muted), csma, Mike_Dean, Sandro, Axel_Polleres (muted), ChrisW
16:04:58 [ChrisW]
zakim, list agenda
16:05:02 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
16:05:24 [mdean]
topic: administration
16:05:32 [Zakim]
+ +49.351.463.4.aabb
16:05:35 [mdean]
approval of minutes deferred to next meeting
16:05:42 [mdean]
topic: action review
16:06:01 [mdean]
423 continued
16:06:07 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is in paris?
16:06:07 [Zakim]
sorry, ChrisW, I do not recognize a party named 'paris'
16:06:16 [mdean]
422 continued
16:06:33 [mdean]
421 done
16:06:51 [Zakim]
+??P48
16:07:08 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, unmute me
16:07:08 [Zakim]
Axel_Polleres should no longer be muted
16:07:25 [mdean]
420 continued, will send by tomorrow
16:07:36 [mdean]
419 done
16:08:32 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #rif
16:08:45 [AdrianP]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
16:08:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeoraMorgenstern (muted), csma, Mike_Dean, Sandro, Axel_Polleres (muted), ChrisW, +49.351.463.4.aabb, josb
16:08:46 [josb]
q+
16:08:57 [AdrianP]
Zakim, aabb is me
16:08:57 [Zakim]
+AdrianP; got it
16:09:05 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
16:09:05 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
16:09:34 [josb]
q-
16:09:43 [Zakim]
+??P50
16:09:45 [mdean]
418 done, but want to generate new versions of Wiki pages
16:11:35 [mdean]
417 done
16:12:09 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:12:09 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
16:12:23 [mdean]
416 done
16:12:25 [ChrisW]
zakim, ??p50 is Harold
16:12:25 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
16:12:34 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
16:12:34 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
16:12:39 [mdean]
415 done
16:12:56 [Zakim]
+ +43.158.801.1aacc
16:13:05 [Zakim]
-josb
16:13:18 [mdean]
413 continued, needed before F2F
16:13:32 [mdean]
412 done
16:13:45 [mdean]
411 continued
16:14:03 [josb]
right
16:14:10 [mdean]
409 done
16:14:43 [mdean]
406 continued
16:15:18 [mdean]
152 continued
16:15:25 [mdean]
274 continued
16:15:29 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:15:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeoraMorgenstern (muted), csma, Mike_Dean, Sandro, Axel_Polleres (muted), ChrisW, AdrianP (muted), Harold, josb (muted)
16:15:44 [mdean]
topic: liaison
16:15:50 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:15:50 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
16:16:11 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
16:16:11 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
16:16:11 [josb]
no
16:16:16 [mdean]
adrian has not yet talked to XBRL folks
16:16:23 [mdean]
nothing to report on OWL WG
16:17:30 [mdean]
ChrisW: OWL compatibility 2pm Thursday so Mike can call in
16:17:44 [mdean]
topic: issue 44
16:18:07 [csma]
PROPOSED: to close issue 44 with no change to BLD (that is, keeping named arguments Uniterm in BLD).
16:18:28 [mdean]
csma: no objections to closing issue without changing BLD
16:18:39 [mdean]
ChrisW: would like to postpone
16:19:14 [mdean]
... should publish a standard means of translation, e.g. alphabetical, for round-tripping
16:19:18 [AdrianP]
agree with Chris, we should publish a default strategy
16:19:45 [mdean]
ChrisW: resolution should make this clear
16:19:56 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, unmute me
16:19:56 [Zakim]
Axel_Polleres should no longer be muted
16:20:02 [mdean]
... uncomfortable changing it on the fly
16:20:07 [josb]
q+
16:20:16 [csma]
ack josb
16:20:21 [mdean]
... should be quick to resolve at F2F
16:20:54 [mdean]
Axel: why do we need standard translation?
16:20:57 [GaryHallmark]
GaryHallmark has joined #rif
16:21:06 [mdean]
s/Axel/josb/
16:21:41 [mdean]
ChrisW: want to be able to tell people precise equivalence
16:21:57 [GaryHallmark]
I join by IRC but have no telephone...
16:22:04 [mdean]
Sandro: let's you merge after translation
16:22:17 [GaryHallmark]
I'm at the mercy of the scribe...
16:22:51 [mdean]
i'll add you to the attendees manually, if necessary
16:23:30 [mdean]
ChrisW: table until F2F
16:23:35 [AxelPolleres]
Gary... named uniterm and resolution 44 currently being discussed again, suggestion by chrisw to postpone decision to f2f
16:23:56 [josb]
q+
16:23:58 [mdean]
topic: F2F9
16:24:02 [csma]
ack josb
16:24:28 [mdean]
josb: 2 different front pages on Wiki
16:24:50 [mdean]
... couldn't find FLD on old page
16:25:15 [mdean]
ACTION chrisw: put banner and link on old Wiki page
16:25:32 [mdean]
s/link/link to new Wiki page/
16:25:40 [AxelPolleres]
I'd suggest to remove all text there and ONLY have the pointer!
16:25:48 [AxelPolleres]
(and make the page immutable)
16:25:50 [ChrisW]
action: cwelty to clear old wiki front page
16:25:50 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-424 - Clear old wiki front page [on Christopher Welty - due 2008-02-26].
16:25:58 [mdean]
csma: 12 or 13 people
16:26:20 [mdean]
csma: email regarding any special food requirements - no response - will include vegetarian
16:26:38 [mdean]
csma: fois gras is not vegetarian - tofu version doesn't taste the same
16:26:49 [mdean]
csma: lunch may include fois gras
16:27:14 [mdean]
csma; remote attendance?
16:27:18 [mdean]
mdean: yes
16:27:23 [AxelPolleres]
:-)
16:27:26 [mdean]
csma: Dave Reynolds may also call in
16:28:03 [mdean]
csma: objectives posted on F2F9 page - finalize second public WD of BLD, etc.
16:28:11 [josb]
q+
16:28:40 [csma]
ack josb
16:28:48 [mdean]
csma: Jeff Pan asked for session about test cases - will add at end
16:29:25 [mdean]
josb: does BLD require FLD publication?
16:29:46 [mdean]
ChrisW: BLD completely depends on FLD
16:30:23 [mdean]
csma: item for discussion - synchronized at least for this publication
16:30:33 [mdean]
josb: agenda only talks about BLD
16:30:52 [mdean]
... could have some objections since this makes document harder to read
16:30:58 [mdean]
s/have/imagine/
16:31:22 [Zakim]
-Harold
16:32:22 [mdean]
ACTION csma modify F2F9 meeting page after meeting to include FLD
16:32:36 [mdean]
s/csma/csma:
16:32:53 [josb]
q+
16:32:54 [mdean]
ACTION csma: modify F2F9 meeting page to include FLD
16:33:29 [mdean]
Sandro: conventions for latest snapshot
16:33:49 [mdean]
... confused about what versions people should be reading
16:33:58 [mdean]
... some changes since February 12 version
16:33:58 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:33:58 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
16:34:17 [mdean]
... email responses from editors don't answer questions
16:34:56 [mdean]
... color coded diffs helpful in review cycle - no need to repeat comments
16:35:13 [mdean]
... need to know when to freeze
16:35:30 [mdean]
... would also like to move to MediaWiki today so another round of reviews isn't needed
16:35:41 [mdean]
csma: Harold in Germany
16:35:48 [mdean]
ChrisW: Michael Kifer en route
16:35:55 [mdean]
csma: frozen version of OWL RDF
16:36:11 [mdean]
... still have review changes to PRD - should be able to freeze tonight
16:36:36 [mdean]
... or half an hour from now
16:36:58 [mdean]
josb: OWL RDF linked from email and old front page
16:37:07 [Zakim]
+ +49.228.372.aadd
16:37:09 [mdean]
... no changes since Wiki
16:37:18 [mdean]
s/old/reading list on old/
16:37:19 [josb]
q-
16:37:21 [ChrisW]
zakim, aadd is Harold
16:37:21 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
16:37:47 [mdean]
Harold: some changes to FLD after freezing
16:38:00 [mdean]
Sandro: will make new version with color-coded diffs for FLD
16:38:08 [mdean]
... but not for OWL, RDF, or PRD
16:38:34 [mdean]
josb: OWL RDF already on MediaWiki
16:38:47 [mdean]
s/OWL, /OWL/
16:39:04 [mdean]
s/RDF,/RDF/
16:39:59 [mdean]
Harold: can move to MediaWiki now - need to alert Michael Kifer
16:40:22 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
16:40:22 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
16:40:23 [mdean]
sandro: will try to do today or tomorrow and send email to Michael
16:40:49 [mdean]
Harold: Michael should arrive in Paris early tomorrow
16:41:14 [mdean]
ChrisW: hold off pending confirmation in case Michael makes edits on the plane
16:41:21 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:41:21 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
16:41:45 [mdean]
ChrisW: what about converting UCR to MediaWiki
16:42:00 [mdean]
s/MediaWiki/MediaWiki?/
16:42:01 [AdrianP]
let's discuss UCR durin f2f
16:42:08 [mdean]
... not being maintained
16:42:41 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
16:42:41 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
16:43:04 [mdean]
sandro: will wait for Michael for both BLD and FLD
16:43:31 [AdrianP]
PRD is also already on the Media WIKI
16:43:44 [mdean]
sandro: PRD freeze in an hour or so, move later
16:44:11 [mdean]
topic: AOB
16:44:26 [LeoraMorgenstern]
yes,
16:44:29 [LeoraMorgenstern]
i think it is March 4.
16:45:34 [mdean]
Leora: willing scribe for March 4
16:45:54 [mdean]
csma: informal telecon February 26 to recap F2F9 for those not present
16:46:00 [ChrisW]
zakim, list attendees
16:46:00 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.212.781.aaaa, LeoraMorgenstern, Sandro, Mike_Dean, csma, Axel_Polleres, ChrisW, +49.351.463.4.aabb, josb, AdrianP, Harold,
16:46:00 [mdean]
adjourned
16:46:03 [Zakim]
... +43.158.801.1aacc, +49.228.372.aadd
16:46:05 [AxelPolleres]
bye see you soon!
16:46:07 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:46:07 [Zakim]
-Harold
16:46:08 [AdrianP]
bye
16:46:12 [Zakim]
-Axel_Polleres
16:46:13 [Zakim]
-josb
16:46:14 [Zakim]
-AdrianP
16:46:16 [Zakim]
-LeoraMorgenstern
16:46:25 [ChrisW]
Regrets: IgorMozetic DaveReynolds PaulVincent HassanAitKaci
16:46:31 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:46:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/19-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
16:46:58 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
16:47:02 [csma]
zakim, hwo is on the phone?
16:47:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, csma.
16:47:08 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:47:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Sandro, ChrisW
16:47:24 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:47:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Sandro, ChrisW
16:49:50 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:49:52 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
16:49:52 [Zakim]
-csma
16:49:53 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
16:49:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.212.781.aaaa, LeoraMorgenstern, Sandro, Mike_Dean, csma, Axel_Polleres, ChrisW, +49.351.463.4.aabb, josb, AdrianP, Harold, +43.158.801.1aacc, +49.228.372.aadd
16:58:14 [csma]
csma has left #rif
19:19:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rif