IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-02-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:01:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/14-wai-wcag-irc
21:01:56 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
21:02:04 [Ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
21:02:04 [Zakim]
ok, Ben, I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM already started
21:02:12 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
21:02:24 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008JanMar/0061.html
21:02:33 [Ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:02:38 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
21:03:06 [Ben]
Regrets: Tim_Boland, Sean_Hayes
21:03:20 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
21:03:27 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:03:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, Ben, Alex_Li, ??P16, ??P17
21:03:35 [Ben]
zakim, Ben is Ben_Caldwell
21:03:35 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:04:07 [Sofia]
Alex_Li has Sofia_Celic
21:04:10 [Ben]
zakim, ??P16 may be David_MacDonald
21:04:10 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald?; got it
21:04:15 [Zakim]
+??P20
21:04:18 [Sofia]
zakim, Alex_Li has Sofia_Celic
21:04:18 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic; got it
21:04:21 [Ben]
zakim, ??P17 may be Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:04:21 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden?; got it
21:04:35 [rellero]
zakim, ??P20 is Roberto_Ellero
21:04:35 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:04:46 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
21:04:54 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 14 February 2008
21:05:05 [Ben]
agenda+ Principle 1 Related Proposals for 14 Feb 2008
21:05:12 [Ben]
agenda+ Principles 2, 3, 4 Related Proposals for 14 Feb 2008
21:05:15 [Zakim]
+??P19
21:05:19 [Ben]
agenda+ Techniques Related Proposals for 14 Feb 2008
21:05:24 [bengt]
zakim, ??P19 is Bengt_Farre
21:05:24 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:05:43 [Zakim]
+Cooper
21:06:19 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:06:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, Ben_Caldwell, Alex_Li, David_MacDonald?, Gregg_Vanderheiden?, Roberto_Ellero, Bengt_Farre, Cooper
21:06:23 [Zakim]
Alex_Li has Sofia_Celic
21:06:29 [Zakim]
+??P15
21:06:46 [Ben]
zakim, ??P15 is Katie_Haritos_Shea
21:06:46 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos_Shea; got it
21:06:47 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
21:07:31 [Zakim]
+??P13
21:07:31 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:08:34 [Nikolaos_Floratos]
Nikolaos_Floratos has joined #wai-WCAG
21:08:41 [Christophe]
Zakim, code?
21:08:41 [Zakim]
the conference code is 9224 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), Christophe
21:09:03 [Zakim]
+??P0
21:09:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.757.aaaa
21:09:29 [Ben]
scribe: Sofia
21:09:33 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P0 is Nikolaos_Floratos
21:09:33 [Zakim]
+Nikolaos_Floratos; got it
21:09:38 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute nikolaos
21:09:38 [Zakim]
Nikolaos_Floratos should now be muted
21:09:48 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.410 is Drew_LaHart
21:09:48 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart; got it
21:10:18 [Sofia]
\me says okay!
21:10:36 [Drew_LaHart]
Drew_LaHart has joined #wai-wcag
21:10:40 [Ben]
scribe: Drew
21:11:07 [Drew]
topic: Announcements, Questions, and Updates
21:11:48 [GreggVan]
GreggVan has joined #wai-wcag
21:12:09 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:12:15 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:12:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
21:12:35 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:12:35 [Drew]
survey - Miscellaneous Proposals for 14 February 2008
21:12:37 [Drew]
Survey: <http://tinyurl.com/2beu6s>
21:13:00 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:13:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute Christophe
21:13:16 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe? should now be muted
21:14:02 [Drew]
Resolution: Unanimous consent accepted for 2484, 2396, 2519, 2522
21:14:16 [Andi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:14:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, Ben_Caldwell, Alex_Li, David_MacDonald?, Gregg_Vanderheiden?, Roberto_Ellero, Bengt_Farre, Cooper, Katie_Haritos_Shea,
21:14:19 [Zakim]
... Nikolaos_Floratos?, Christophe_Strobbe? (muted), Drew_LaHart, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Cynthia_Shelly
21:14:22 [Zakim]
Alex_Li has Sofia_Celic
21:15:51 [Ben]
zakim, who is making noise?
21:16:02 [Zakim]
Ben, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Christophe_Strobbe? (27%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (9%), Bruce_Bailey (23%), Cynthia_Shelly (30%), Katie_Haritos_Shea
21:16:05 [Zakim]
... (9%), David_MacDonald? (39%)
21:16:36 [Ben]
zakim, who is making noise?
21:16:38 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2484: clarify keyboard shortcut
21:16:49 [Zakim]
Ben, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: Christophe_Strobbe? (78%)
21:17:00 [Ben]
zakim, mute Christophe
21:17:00 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe? should now be muted
21:17:23 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe?
21:18:00 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2484
21:18:14 [Zakim]
+ +0321632aabb
21:18:16 [Drew]
Topic: Issue 2465: what if it's not the author's fault?
21:20:21 [MichaelC]
q+
21:21:43 [MichaelC]
q+ to say I'd normally agree with the idea that users migrate to browsers that work better, but in this example I think users did migrate to FF because it was better for them in certain particular respects, but happens to have this particular problem nonetheless
21:23:30 [MichaelC]
ack me
21:23:30 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to say I'd normally agree with the idea that users migrate to browsers that work better, but in this example I think users did migrate to FF because it was
21:23:34 [Zakim]
... better for them in certain particular respects, but happens to have this particular problem nonetheless
21:24:09 [MichaelC]
ack k
21:28:35 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:28:42 [Drew]
Resolution: Leave open 2465
21:29:25 [Drew]
Resolution: Reopen and revisit 2501
21:30:19 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2527-2530: add a guideline for understandable navigation (multiple 2.4.X criteria)
21:31:26 [Drew]
Resoltion: Accept as amended Issue 2527-2530
21:31:39 [Drew]
s/Resoltion/Resolution
21:32:19 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2508: Contrast ratio (on text edges)
21:33:27 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:34:29 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:36:40 [Drew]
Resolution: Reopen 2508
21:36:56 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2510: abbreviation refers to "organization"?
21:37:37 [Drew]
Resolution: Accepted 2510 as amended
21:38:43 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2514: accessibility supported - users' assistive technologies
21:48:43 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2514 as amended
21:48:57 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2518: captions - awkward wording
21:57:32 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2518 as amended
21:57:47 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2519: conforming alternative version - awkward wording
21:57:55 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept as amended
21:58:02 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2550: flash
21:59:02 [Drew]
s/Resolution: Accept as amended/Resolution: Accept 2518 as amended
21:59:03 [Zakim]
+ +0154558aacc - is perhaps Sean_Hayes
21:59:12 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2550 as amended
21:59:23 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2551: general flash and red threshold - confusing jargon?
22:05:13 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2551 as proposed
22:06:25 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept Position or resistance that is accepted by the joint teitac/wcag working group.
22:06:53 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2558: set of Web pages - clarify
22:07:31 [Ben]
s/resistance/distance
22:08:08 [Loretta]
ack b
22:12:50 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2559: set of Web pages - unnecessarily convolute
22:16:42 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2559 as amended
22:17:25 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2558 as amended
22:17:36 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2561: synchronised media - awkward
22:21:01 [Drew]
Resolution: Reopen 2561
22:21:11 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2564: web page example 4
22:22:40 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
22:23:34 [Ben]
zakim, mute Andrew
22:23:34 [Zakim]
Andrew_Kirkpatrick should now be muted
22:24:32 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2564 as amended
22:25:45 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2571: changes of context definition
22:27:24 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2571 as amended
22:27:43 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2478: Optional components and the hint of metadata
22:29:31 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2478 as amended
22:29:40 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2506: Conformance logos
22:31:27 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2506 as proposed
22:31:38 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2542: Can "conforming alternate versions" be objects on a page?
22:34:13 [Drew]
Action: Editors to find a home for Seans comment in the into and/or understanding - " all the information is conforming or has a conforming alternative that is available from the page"
22:34:35 [Drew]
s/into/Intro
22:36:11 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2542 as amended
22:36:24 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2450: Provide a quick reference for web designer
22:39:13 [Loretta]
Ben, while you are in there, can you fix typo? "buy" -> "by"
22:43:28 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2450 as amended
22:43:43 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2461 as amended
22:44:33 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2485: Several Success Criteria include specific values
22:45:49 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2485 as amended
22:46:00 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2543: WCAG 2.0 should advance to Candidate Recommendation
22:46:57 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2543 as amended
22:47:07 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2567: Allow users to filter out HTML techniques
22:48:25 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
22:48:30 [awk]
q+
22:49:41 [GreggVan]
ack c
22:49:45 [GreggVan]
ack a
22:49:48 [Ben]
zakim, unmute Andrew
22:49:48 [Zakim]
Andrew_Kirkpatrick should no longer be muted
22:51:07 [Loretta]
q+
22:51:53 [GreggVan]
CK L
22:51:56 [GreggVan]
ACK L
22:51:57 [Ben]
q+
22:53:01 [Ben]
q-
22:54:02 [Drew]
Resolution: Reopen 2567
22:54:13 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2568: Consider title change (Quick Reference)
23:00:03 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2568 as amended
23:00:53 [Drew]
topic: Accept 2576 as amended
23:02:35 [Drew]
s/topic: Accept 2576 as amended/Resolution: Accept 2576 as amended
23:02:53 [Drew]
scribe:Christophe
23:03:00 [Christophe]
topic: Issue 2577: Change "accessibility supported" to "accessibility-supporting"
23:04:44 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
23:08:36 [Andi]
q+
23:10:17 [Loretta]
ack a
23:13:29 [Christophe]
resolution: accept issue 2577 as amended.
23:14:50 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:14:52 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
23:14:53 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
23:14:53 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos_Shea
23:14:54 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:14:55 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald?
23:14:57 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:14:58 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:14:59 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:15:01 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
23:15:02 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:15:04 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden?
23:15:05 [Zakim]
-Nikolaos_Floratos?
23:15:07 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:15:07 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:15:09 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:15:50 [Nikolaos_Floratos]
Nikolaos_Floratos has left #wai-WCAG
23:16:10 [Christophe]
rrsagent, make log world
23:16:39 [Christophe]
rrsagent, generate minutes
23:16:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/14-wai-wcag-minutes.html Christophe
23:17:01 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
23:17:01 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, Ben_Caldwell, David_MacDonald?, Sofia_Celic, Gregg_Vanderheiden?, Roberto_Ellero, Bengt_Farre,
23:17:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:17:04 [Zakim]
... Cooper, Katie_Haritos_Shea, +1.410.757.aaaa, Nikolaos_Floratos, Drew_LaHart, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Nikolaos_Floratos?, Christophe_Strobbe?, Cynthia_Shelly, +0321632aabb,
23:17:06 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, +0154558aacc
23:17:12 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:17:12 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/14-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:17:12 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Editors to find a home for Seans comment in the into and/or understanding - " all the information is conforming or has a conforming alternative that is available from the page" [1]
23:17:12 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/14-wai-wcag-irc#T22-34-13