IRC log of xmlsec on 2008-02-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:14:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
13:14:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-irc
13:14:40 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:14:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
13:14:42 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
13:14:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 46 minutes
13:14:43 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
13:14:43 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 12 February 2008
13:46:34 [jwray]
jwray has joined #xmlsec
13:47:46 [fjh]
fjh has joined #xmlsec
13:48:00 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
13:48:13 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0005.html
13:48:33 [fjh]
Regrets: Shivaram Mysore
13:49:30 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:49:30 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has not yet started, fjh
13:49:31 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, jwray, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:56:58 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:56:58 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has not yet started, fjh
13:56:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, jwray, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:57:44 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
13:57:51 [Zakim]
+??P0
13:57:53 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
13:57:53 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
13:57:55 [Zakim]
+Thomas
13:58:23 [Zakim]
+ +01781492aaaa
13:58:25 [tlr]
zakim, ??P0 is rdmiller
13:58:25 [Zakim]
+rdmiller; got it
13:58:33 [tlr]
zakim, aaaa is fjh
13:58:33 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:58:42 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:58:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdmiller, Thomas, fjh
13:58:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, jwray, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:58:47 [PHB]
PHB has joined #xmlsec
13:59:01 [PHB]
Zakim, code?
13:59:01 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), PHB
13:59:08 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:59:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdmiller, Thomas, fjh
13:59:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see PHB, fjh, jwray, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:59:21 [Zakim]
+JohnWray
13:59:48 [sean]
sean has joined #xmlsec
13:59:59 [Zakim]
+PHB
14:01:21 [Zakim]
+brich
14:01:38 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdmiller, Thomas, fjh, JohnWray, PHB, brich
14:01:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see sean, PHB, fjh, jwray, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:01:43 [Zakim]
+Sean_Mullen
14:01:47 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdmiller, Thomas, fjh, JohnWray, PHB, brich, Sean_Mullen
14:01:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see sean, PHB, fjh, jwray, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:02:03 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
14:02:20 [tlr]
ScribeNickL tlr
14:02:23 [tlr]
ScribeNick: tlr
14:02:29 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
14:02:29 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
14:02:31 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
14:02:31 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
14:03:07 [tlr]
Topic: administrivia
14:03:22 [tlr]
zakim, unmute me
14:03:22 [Zakim]
Thomas should no longer be muted
14:03:42 [tlr]
fjh: two status questions: chartering, test suites
14:04:22 [fjh]
tlr: W3C license for test suites
14:04:25 [Zakim]
+Hal_Lockhart
14:04:44 [fjh]
s/license/document license/
14:05:03 [fjh]
tlr: does not allow derivative works, but can distribute without modification
14:05:44 [fjh]
tlr: do we need apache license?
14:06:03 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231
14:06:07 [fjh]
sean: can you please share link for W3C document license
14:07:21 [fjh]
action: sean to look at W3C document license compatibility with sharing test cases with Apache
14:07:21 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-145 - Look at W3C document license compatibility with sharing test cases with Apache [on Sean Mullan - due 2008-02-19].
14:07:55 [tlr]
topic: minutes approval
14:08:03 [tlr]
minutes from last meeting: http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-minutes
14:08:07 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0013.htm
14:08:31 [hal]
hal has joined #xmlsec
14:08:32 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: approved
14:08:55 [tlr]
topic: xml sig 2nd ed
14:09:05 [tlr]
fjh: no major comments, Thomas added links from N/A for IBM to explanation
14:09:10 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
14:09:25 [tlr]
... would like to move forward into process ...
14:09:35 [tlr]
... step for wg is to seek transition to PER ...
14:09:45 [tlr]
... then transition meeting with director, AC, then transition to REC ...
14:09:49 [tlr]
... would like to get it started now ...
14:10:01 [tlr]
PROPOSED: To seek transition of XML Signature to PER.
14:10:33 [brich]
+1
14:10:46 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
14:11:22 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: To seek transition of XML Signature draft to PER.
14:11:50 [tlr]
Topic: TEst case document as note
14:11:53 [PHB]
[going off irc for a minute]
14:11:54 [tlr]
fjh: Sean, you did some work on it
14:11:56 [PHB]
PHB has left #xmlsec
14:12:01 [tlr]
... might need some status updates ...
14:12:05 [tlr]
sean: haven't checked in
14:12:18 [tlr]
... fixed some things ...
14:12:45 [tlr]
... document contains relative URI references ...
14:12:49 [tlr]
.... document needs context ...
14:13:14 [rdmiller]
rdmiller has joined #xmlsec
14:13:25 [tlr]
tlr: umh. Either way should work.
14:13:33 [tlr]
sean: would rather not spend time changing it.
14:13:39 [rdmiller]
zakim, mute me
14:13:39 [Zakim]
rdmiller should now be muted
14:13:45 [tlr]
... fjh, what do you mean by "references need adjustment" ...
14:13:55 [tlr]
fjh: something looked wrong in my browser
14:14:13 [tlr]
... will check again ...
14:14:35 [tlr]
sean: shortname?
14:14:50 [tlr]
fjh: thomas had a proposal
14:15:06 [tlr]
xmldsig-tests, xmldsig2ed-tests
14:15:11 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0009.html
14:15:38 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:15:45 [tlr]
ed: would like it to be xmlsig not xmldsig for future version
14:15:48 [tlr]
tlr: that's a different discussion
14:16:02 [tlr]
fjh: xmldsig sounds good
14:16:07 [tlr]
PROPOSED: xmldsig-tests
14:16:32 [tlr]
fjh: let's not get it confused with 1st ed
14:16:35 [tlr]
xmldsig2nded-tests
14:16:44 [tlr]
xmldsiged2-tests
14:16:47 [fjh]
PROPOSED: xmldsig2ed-tests
14:17:10 [PHB2]
PHB2 has joined #xmlsec
14:17:18 [tlr]
fjh: ed, opinions?
14:17:21 [tlr]
ed: not opinionated
14:17:34 [tlr]
+1 to xmldsig2ed-tests
14:17:58 [brich]
+1
14:18:20 [EdS]
+1
14:18:25 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: to publish test suite document as Note, shortname xmldsig2ed-tests
14:18:53 [fjh]
action: frederick to review test case references formatting issue
14:18:54 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-146 - Review test case references formatting issue [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-02-19].
14:19:36 [tlr]
sean: need to do a few changes still
14:19:39 [klanz2]
klanz2 has joined #xmlsec
14:19:39 [tlr]
fjh: maybe check in now?
14:19:40 [tlr]
tlr: +1
14:19:50 [tlr]
sean: will take look after the meeting, check in then
14:20:57 [fjh]
sean: will scribe next week
14:21:06 [fjh]
Topic: EXI
14:21:19 [fjh]
scribenick: fjh
14:21:35 [fjh]
defer until next time when Juan Carlos on call
14:22:07 [fjh]
Topic: Best Practices
14:22:12 [fjh]
starting soon
14:23:41 [tlr]
ScribeNick: tlr
14:23:44 [tlr]
fjh: adjourned
14:23:46 [Zakim]
-Hal_Lockhart
14:23:48 [Zakim]
-Sean_Mullen
14:23:50 [Zakim]
-brich
14:23:52 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
14:24:00 [Zakim]
-JohnWray
14:24:34 [Zakim]
-??P8
14:24:38 [Zakim]
-PHB
14:24:49 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:24:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdmiller (muted), Thomas, fjh
14:24:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see klanz2, PHB2, rdmiller, brich, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:25:05 [tlr]
rrsagent, make log public
14:25:09 [tlr]
rragent, draft minutes
14:25:18 [Zakim]
-rdmiller
14:27:44 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:27:58 [Zakim]
-Thomas
14:28:00 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
14:28:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were Thomas, +01781492aaaa, rdmiller, fjh, JohnWray, PHB, brich, Sean_Mullen, Hal_Lockhart, Ed_Simon
14:28:31 [tlr]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:28:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:30:32 [PHB2]
PHB2 has left #xmlsec
15:34:58 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec
16:41:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec