IRC log of rif on 2008-02-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:39:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
15:39:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-rif-irc
15:39:59 [ChrisW]
zakim, this will be rif
15:39:59 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisW; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 21 minutes
15:40:17 [EtnaRosso]
EtnaRosso has left #rif
15:40:32 [ChrisW]
Meeting: RIF Telecon 12-Feb-08
15:40:48 [ChrisW]
Chair: Chris Welty
15:43:00 [ChrisW]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/0041.html
15:43:16 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has changed the topic to: 12 Feb Telecon agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/0041.html
15:43:27 [ChrisW]
Scribe: JeffPan
15:43:42 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Admin
15:43:49 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Action review
15:43:55 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Liason
15:44:01 [ChrisW]
agenda+ F2F
15:44:05 [ChrisW]
agenda+ PRD
15:44:11 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Publication Plan
15:44:22 [ChrisW]
agenda+ BLD - Issue 44
15:44:29 [ChrisW]
agenda+ BLD - Issue 40
15:44:34 [ChrisW]
agenda+ AOB
15:44:41 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:44:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
15:44:58 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:52:04 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
15:59:11 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
16:00:27 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
16:01:14 [Hassan]
Hassan has joined #rif
16:01:18 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
16:01:28 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
16:01:52 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
16:01:55 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
16:02:10 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:02:12 [ChrisW]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
16:02:14 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
16:02:14 [StellaMitchell]
StellaMitchell has joined #rif
16:02:18 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
16:02:30 [Zakim]
+Sandro
16:02:36 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:02:54 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Mike_Dean, Gary_Hallmark, [NRCC], ChrisW, Sandro
16:02:58 [Zakim]
+??P41
16:03:09 [Zakim]
-??P41
16:03:43 [Zakim]
+josb
16:03:46 [csma]
csma has joined #rif
16:03:54 [Harold]
zakim, NRCC is me
16:04:11 [Zakim]
+??P45
16:04:22 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #RIF
16:04:32 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
16:04:45 [IgorMozetic]
IgorMozetic has joined #rif
16:04:52 [Zakim]
+Stella_Mitchell
16:05:24 [sandro]
scribenick: sandro
16:05:32 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:05:38 [Zakim]
+??P54
16:05:49 [sandro]
Zakim, how slow are you?
16:05:55 [ChrisW]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/att-0022/05-rif-minutes.html
16:05:59 [Zakim]
+??P57
16:06:08 [sandro]
Chris: Minutes from last week. Any objections to approving them?
16:06:11 [AxelPolleres]
hmmm, I thought I was ?p45. no clue who I am ;-)
16:06:23 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:06:33 [sandro]
RESOLVED: approve http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/att-0022/05-rif-minutes.html as true record of last weeks' meeting
16:06:36 [ChrisW]
zakim, close item 1
16:06:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, sandro.
16:06:48 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:06:55 [sandro]
raise hand is 41#
16:06:57 [Zakim]
+??P58
16:07:06 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, ??P58 is me
16:07:12 [sandro]
chris: ACTION-413
16:07:13 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, mute me
16:07:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Admin, closed
16:07:19 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:07:23 [Zakim]
2. Action review [from ChrisW]
16:07:24 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, unmute me
16:07:33 [Zakim]
+csma
16:07:35 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Action review" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:07:36 [apaschke]
apaschke has joined #RIF
16:07:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.212.781.aaaa
16:07:49 [Zakim]
+IgorMozetic; got it
16:07:52 [sandro]
ACTION-412 continued -- by tomorrow
16:07:58 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is talking?
16:07:58 [AxelPolleres]
q-
16:07:59 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should now be muted
16:08:03 [sandro]
ACTION-411 continued
16:08:09 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should no longer be muted
16:08:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.212.781.aabb
16:08:23 [Zakim]
- +1.212.781.aaaa
16:08:25 [Zakim]
- +1.212.781.aabb
16:08:28 [Zakim]
ChrisW, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ChrisW (55%), Sandro (0%), csma (4%), +1.212.781.aabb (35%)
16:08:42 [sandro]
ACTION-409, Jos? On schedule?
16:08:45 [sandro]
Jos: Yes.
16:09:16 [csma]
ACTION-410 done
16:09:18 [sandro]
ACTION-382, Sandro?
16:09:32 [sandro]
Sandro: I haven't come across any yet. *shrug*
16:09:41 [csma]
zakim, mute me
16:09:41 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
16:09:48 [JeffP]
JeffP has joined #rif
16:09:49 [apaschke]
apaschke has joined #RIF
16:09:52 [MichaelKifer]
MichaelKifer has joined #rif
16:10:03 [sandro]
ACTION-373, Sandro?
16:10:07 [JeffP]
(sorry for the late - just finished other meetings)
16:10:34 [sandro]
Sandro: new deadline?
16:10:37 [sandro]
Chris: 20th.
16:10:42 [sandro]
Sandro: okay.
16:10:54 [Zakim]
+MichaelKifer
16:10:57 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:10:57 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:11:09 [csma]
yes
16:11:16 [Zakim]
+Jeff_Pan
16:11:20 [csma]
continued
16:11:22 [sandro]
Chris: csma, ACTION-413?
16:11:28 [csma]
done
16:11:36 [sandro]
Chris: csma, ACTION-410 Direction to Hotel?
16:11:49 [sandro]
JeffP, are you ready to scribe?
16:11:52 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:11:52 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, ChrisW
16:11:54 [JeffP]
yes
16:11:56 [ChrisW]
q?
16:12:00 [sandro]
scribenick: JeffP
16:12:01 [ChrisW]
ack ??
16:12:03 [Harold]
q+
16:12:05 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:12:05 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, ChrisW
16:12:12 [ChrisW]
ack h
16:12:17 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:12:17 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Liason" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:12:26 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
16:12:26 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
16:13:07 [JeffP]
Harold, about hotel for the FTF
16:13:12 [sandro]
csma: Port D'Italie is close to ILOG -- Place D'Italie is not so close.
16:13:27 [sandro]
Harold: (both are Holiday Inn Express)
16:14:13 [josb]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/SWC/OWL-Compatibility
16:14:18 [JeffP]
Jos: progress of OWL task force is fine
16:14:35 [JeffP]
s/Jos/josb
16:14:56 [Harold]
q+
16:15:19 [JeffP]
Harold: how about common logic?
16:15:44 [sandro]
q+ to raise question of XBRL liason
16:15:45 [JeffP]
Chris: good idea, but unfortunately no one is working on both at the moment
16:15:50 [sandro]
ack Harold
16:16:02 [JeffP]
Chris: maybe I could do it but not in the near future
16:16:37 [Zakim]
+LeoraMorgenstern
16:16:40 [JeffP]
Harold: will the ISO standard be free?
16:16:53 [JeffP]
Chris: sort of
16:16:54 [ChrisW]
ack harold
16:16:57 [ChrisW]
ack sandro
16:16:57 [Zakim]
sandro, you wanted to raise question of XBRL liason
16:17:08 [JeffP]
Chris: but it is not available now yet
16:17:19 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
16:17:19 [Zakim]
csma was not muted, csma
16:17:23 [Harold]
the RuleML Chat
16:17:52 [Harold]
came up with questions
16:17:52 [apaschke]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
16:17:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Mike_Dean, Gary_Hallmark, Harold, ChrisW, Sandro, josb, Hassan (muted), Stella_Mitchell, AxelPolleres, ??P57, IgorMozetic, csma, MichaelKifer (muted), Jeff_Pan,
16:17:55 [Zakim]
... LeoraMorgenstern
16:18:02 [Harold]
about the upcoming Symposium:
16:18:37 [Harold]
http://2008.ruleml.org/
16:18:39 [sandro]
(David vun Kannon)
16:19:56 [sandro]
http://xbrl.org/
16:20:04 [ChrisW]
q?
16:20:21 [JeffP]
Action: Adrian to be the liason of XBRL
16:20:21 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Adrian
16:20:21 [trackbot-ng]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. agiurca, apaschke)
16:20:47 [JeffP]
Action: apaschke to be the liason of XBRL
16:20:47 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-414 - Be the liason of XBRL [on Adrian Paschke - due 2008-02-19].
16:20:54 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:20:54 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "F2F" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:21:04 [JeffP]
4. F2F [3]
16:21:26 [JeffP]
q+ on FTF
16:21:39 [JeffP]
ack on
16:21:42 [JeffP]
ack FTF
16:21:50 [JeffP]
q+
16:22:02 [apaschke]
Zakim, ??P57 is me
16:22:02 [Zakim]
+apaschke; got it
16:22:44 [IgorMozetic]
q+ F2F10
16:23:04 [apaschke]
Zakim, mute me
16:23:04 [Zakim]
apaschke should now be muted
16:23:08 [IgorMozetic]
q+
16:23:14 [JeffP]
JeffP: I will attend FTF too
16:23:22 [IgorMozetic]
ack F2F10
16:23:35 [ChrisW]
ack j
16:24:05 [IgorMozetic]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/F2F10
16:24:10 [Harold]
Colleagues from the WG are encouraged to submit papers to RuleML-2008: Practically-oriented papers including use cases, implementations, interoperation experiments, ...
16:24:44 [Harold]
(also to submit to the Challenge...)
16:24:48 [JeffP]
Chris: we will discuss F2F10 in the coming F2F
16:24:58 [AxelPolleres]
yes!
16:25:16 [csma]
zakim, mute me
16:25:16 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
16:25:45 [JeffP]
AxelPolleres: we would like to propose but need to know the dates first
16:25:56 [JeffP]
Chris: we will be looking at the second half of May
16:26:08 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
16:26:13 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, mute me
16:26:13 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should now be muted
16:26:23 [ChrisW]
q?
16:26:25 [ChrisW]
ack i
16:26:28 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
16:26:33 [JeffP]
Action: AxelPolleres to post a proposal on F2F10
16:26:33 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - AxelPolleres
16:26:39 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, mute me
16:26:39 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should now be muted
16:26:45 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:26:45 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "PRD" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:26:53 [JeffP]
(what is ur user name, AxelPolleres?)
16:26:53 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
16:26:53 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
16:27:25 [csma]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/0040.html
16:28:17 [GaryHallmark]
GaryHallmark has joined #rif
16:29:14 [AxelPolleres]
negation as failure under which semantics?
16:29:45 [AxelPolleres]
ok, for conditions only doesn't matter probably...
16:30:37 [JeffP]
csma descrbes the content of the above link
16:34:51 [JeffP]
csma: I proposed a different syntax than BLD
16:35:24 [JeffP]
.. that's becuase the dicussions on the XML syntax haven't been finalised
16:35:46 [Harold]
He seems to have said: some small changes in the syntax from BLD
16:35:50 [apaschke]
Zakim, unmute me
16:35:50 [Zakim]
apaschke should no longer be muted
16:35:53 [GaryHallmark]
I volunteer
16:35:54 [apaschke]
q+
16:36:08 [GaryHallmark]
yes
16:36:30 [ChrisW]
action: Gary to review PRD by Friday
16:36:30 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-415 - Review PRD by Friday [on Gary Hallmark - due 2008-02-19].
16:36:39 [ChrisW]
action: Adrian to review PRD by Friday
16:36:39 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Adrian
16:36:39 [trackbot-ng]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. agiurca, apaschke)
16:36:55 [ChrisW]
action: apaschke to review PRD by Friday
16:36:55 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-416 - Review PRD by Friday [on Adrian Paschke - due 2008-02-19].
16:37:20 [apaschke]
I also could not read it yet
16:38:07 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:38:07 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, ChrisW
16:38:16 [ChrisW]
q?
16:38:22 [ChrisW]
ack ap
16:38:37 [JeffP]
csma: the main change of the syntax is about the frame construct
16:38:44 [apaschke]
q-
16:39:15 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:39:15 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Publication Plan" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:39:21 [apaschke]
Zakim, mute me
16:39:21 [Zakim]
apaschke should now be muted
16:40:00 [ChrisW]
Frozen PRD - Monday, Feb 18
16:40:24 [JeffP]
Chris: what about FLD?
16:40:53 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:40:53 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
16:41:37 [josb]
q?
16:41:40 [JeffP]
MichaelKifer: Frozen FLD now
16:41:45 [josb]
q+
16:41:48 [IgorMozetic]
q+
16:41:58 [JeffP]
Chris: Frozen BLD now
16:42:14 [csma]
ack josb
16:42:42 [Zakim]
-apaschke
16:42:52 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, unmute me
16:42:52 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should no longer be muted
16:44:07 [Zakim]
+??P26
16:44:31 [apaschke]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
16:44:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Mike_Dean, Harold, ChrisW, Sandro, josb, Hassan (muted), Stella_Mitchell, AxelPolleres, IgorMozetic, csma, MichaelKifer, Jeff_Pan, LeoraMorgenstern,
16:44:35 [Zakim]
... Gary_Hallmark, ??P26
16:45:03 [apaschke]
Zakim, ??P26 is me
16:45:03 [Zakim]
+apaschke; got it
16:45:38 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
16:47:30 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:47:30 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:47:50 [ChrisW]
action: Harold to finish BLD appendices by thursday
16:47:50 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-417 - Finish BLD appendices by thursday [on Harold Boley - due 2008-02-19].
16:48:04 [Harold]
Table Of Contents
16:48:04 [Harold]
1.
16:48:04 [Harold]
RIF Overview
16:48:04 [Harold]
2.
16:48:04 [Harold]
RIF-BLD Syntax
16:48:05 [Harold]
3.
16:48:07 [Harold]
RIF-BLD Semantics
16:48:07 [ChrisW]
action: sandro to freeze BLD and put on wiki page
16:48:07 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-418 - Freeze BLD and put on wiki page [on Sandro Hawke - due 2008-02-19].
16:48:09 [Harold]
4.
16:48:11 [Harold]
References
16:48:13 [Harold]
5.
16:48:14 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:48:14 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
16:48:15 [Harold]
Appendix: Specification
16:48:17 [Harold]
6.
16:48:17 [JeffP]
Chris: what about FLD?
16:48:19 [Harold]
Appendix: List of Builtins
16:48:21 [Harold]
1.
16:48:23 [Harold]
Numerics
16:48:25 [Harold]
2.
16:48:27 [Harold]
Strings
16:48:29 [Harold]
3.
16:48:31 [Harold]
Dates and Times
16:48:45 [IgorMozetic]
q-
16:49:58 [JeffP]
Chris: josb, how about the RDF compatibility doc?
16:50:10 [ChrisW]
RDF & OWL Compat: frozen by friday
16:50:12 [JeffP]
josb: by this Friday, including the OWL stuffs
16:50:21 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:50:21 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:51:01 [JeffP]
Chris calls for more reviewers?
16:51:09 [AxelPolleres]
I can review SW-compatibility.
16:51:24 [JeffP]
... The reviews should be ready by F2F
16:52:00 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, unmute me
16:52:00 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic was not muted, IgorMozetic
16:52:01 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
16:52:02 [Zakim]
csma was not muted, csma
16:52:08 [IgorMozetic]
q+
16:52:46 [JeffP]
Action: Igor to review both BLD and FLD
16:52:47 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-419 - Review both BLD and FLD [on Igor Mozetic - due 2008-02-19].
16:53:06 [apaschke]
Zakim, mute me
16:53:06 [Zakim]
apaschke should now be muted
16:53:13 [JeffP]
Action: Axel to review SW-compatibility.
16:53:13 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-420 - Review SW-compatibility. [on Axel Polleres - due 2008-02-19].
16:53:16 [LeoraMorgenstern]
ok,
16:53:19 [LeoraMorgenstern]
i could review bld
16:53:22 [IgorMozetic]
q-
16:53:28 [Hassan]
Sorry - I am rather booked ...
16:53:29 [StellaMitchell]
at editorial level
16:54:00 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:54:00 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "BLD - Issue 44" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:54:20 [JeffP]
Action: Leora to review BLD
16:54:20 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-421 - Review BLD [on Leora Morgenstern - due 2008-02-19].
16:54:52 [JeffP]
Action: Stella to review FLD
16:54:52 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-422 - Review FLD [on Stella Mitchell - due 2008-02-19].
16:55:25 [csma]
zakim, mute me
16:55:25 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
16:55:58 [csma]
I did not include them in PRD
16:56:05 [csma]
You want them?
16:56:07 [csma]
:-)
16:56:39 [josb]
unhappy, but not object
16:57:03 [apaschke]
PRD: to support CLIPS?
16:57:27 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:57:27 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
16:57:53 [csma]
Adrain: not at a cost for everybody else (that is, better CLIPS only bearing the cost)
16:58:56 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, unmute me
16:58:56 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic was not muted, IgorMozetic
16:59:40 [Harold]
Common Logic also has named-arguments. E.g.: (married (roleset:(husband Jack)(wife Jill)))
16:59:42 [GaryHallmark]
the reason I'm unhappy is there are 2 separate interp. fcns for slotted and positional, indicating that we don't really know how to map between the two
16:59:42 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:59:42 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "BLD - Issue 40" taken up [from ChrisW]
17:00:05 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
17:00:05 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
17:00:07 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
17:00:07 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
17:00:08 [GaryHallmark]
... but somehow implementers will have to figure it out
17:00:29 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
17:00:55 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Fixed interpretation functions will be represented as TERMs and fixed interpretation relations as ATOMICs.
17:01:26 [MichaelKifer]
Gary, there are always many choices (with or without named args). The implementors have to pick whatever they think is most suitable.
17:03:02 [JeffP]
Chris: which action should we start with?
17:03:09 [JeffP]
csma: Action 408
17:03:46 [JeffP]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/408
17:03:49 [ChrisW]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Feb/0005.html
17:04:12 [csma]
zakim, mute me
17:04:12 [Zakim]
csma should now be muted
17:04:16 [IgorMozetic]
q+
17:04:33 [csma]
zakim, unmute me
17:04:33 [Zakim]
csma should no longer be muted
17:05:17 [apaschke]
=boolean-valued relations?
17:05:31 [josb]
q+
17:05:52 [JeffP]
Igor: are we talking about using equality for assignment?
17:06:17 [AxelPolleres]
being TERMs, it means built-ins may appear in all TERM positions. What do you mean Igor?
17:06:22 [Harold]
Igor, Christian, Yes Equal can be used for assiging evaluation results from functional builtins to logic Vars.
17:06:36 [IgorMozetic]
do we use ?X = add(1,2)
17:06:42 [ChrisW]
ack i
17:06:45 [ChrisW]
ack j
17:06:48 [apaschke]
+1 for chris
17:06:54 [JeffP]
josb: why do we need assignment at all?
17:07:09 [Zakim]
-csma
17:07:11 [Harold]
q+
17:07:15 [csma]
csma has left #rif
17:07:16 [apaschke]
?X = add(1,2) is fully declarative
17:07:17 [AxelPolleres]
+1 to jos, if we have functions as TERMs, they may appear in equality or any other predicate.
17:07:52 [Harold]
Yes, something like And(?X = add(1,2), p(Seq(?X ?X)))
17:07:56 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Fixed interpretation functions will be represented as TERMs and fixed interpretation relations as ATOMICs.
17:07:57 [apaschke]
e.g if X is bound it reduce to eqality otherwise it is assignment
17:09:01 [sandro]
Chris: These are syntactically different from logic functions.
17:10:05 [Harold]
For "Small RIF Dialects" we can use a signature for Equal corresponding to Prolog's "is" primitive.
17:10:57 [IgorMozetic]
not using add(1,2,?X)
17:10:58 [Harold]
Something like Equal ( Var, Exterm ).
17:11:18 [JeffP]
Sandro: what are the alternatives?
17:11:20 [josb]
PROPOSED: Fixed interpretation functions will be represented as functions and fixed interpretation relations as predicates, rather than representing functions as predicates
17:11:25 [sandro]
Chris: This excludes having only "builtin" predicates. We'll use some of each.
17:11:41 [sandro]
Chris: Some predicates and some functions. Not JUST predicates.
17:12:08 [sandro]
+1
17:12:17 [Harold]
+1
17:12:19 [AxelPolleres]
+1
17:12:25 [IgorMozetic]
+1
17:12:26 [josb]
+1
17:12:30 [MichaelKifer]
+0
17:12:35 [JeffP]
0
17:12:45 [apaschke]
+1
17:12:54 [GaryHallmark]
+1, assuming fixed interp. is syntactically distinguished from logical terms
17:13:06 [josb]
RESOLVED: Fixed interpretation functions will be represented as functions and fixed interpretation relations as predicates, rather than representing functions as predicates
17:13:52 [JeffP]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/List_of_BLD_built-ins
17:14:53 [ChrisW]
ATOMIC ::= Uniterm | Equal | ExtTerm
17:15:00 [ChrisW]
ATOMIC ::= Uniterm | Equal | ExtTerm
17:15:08 [ChrisW]
TERM ::= Const | Var | Uniterm | ExtTerm
17:15:19 [ChrisW]
ExtTerm ::= 'Builtin ( ' Uniterm ' ) '
17:15:48 [AxelPolleres]
q+
17:15:55 [ChrisW]
ack harold
17:16:13 [ChrisW]
ack axel
17:16:21 [IgorMozetic]
So we will use ?X = Buildin(add(1,2))
17:16:31 [josb]
That's why it's good :)
17:16:35 [AxelPolleres]
as long as this is not ambiguous with a normal uniterm...
17:16:57 [ChrisW]
action: harold to incorporate new builtin syntax in bld
17:16:57 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-423 - Incorporate new builtin syntax in bld [on Harold Boley - due 2008-02-19].
17:17:12 [AxelPolleres]
ie. is "Builtin" forbidden as a local name, yes????
17:17:32 [AxelPolleres]
hello?
17:18:07 [josb]
local names are written "Builtin"^^rif:local
17:18:30 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
17:18:30 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
17:18:39 [josb]
so, it's not forbidden and not ambiguous
17:18:44 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, unmute me
17:18:44 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic was not muted, IgorMozetic
17:19:02 [IgorMozetic]
q+
17:19:51 [ChrisW]
ack igor
17:20:35 [ChrisW]
Topic: Lists
17:21:54 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
17:21:54 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "AOB" taken up [from ChrisW]
17:22:00 [sandro]
Frozen version of FLD: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/draft/ED-rif-fld-20080212/
17:22:03 [JeffP]
MichaelKifer: I will add a link
17:22:43 [LeoraMorgenstern]
i will volunteer
17:22:57 [JeffP]
ok
17:22:59 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
17:23:04 [Zakim]
-LeoraMorgenstern
17:23:06 [Zakim]
-IgorMozetic
17:23:07 [Zakim]
-MichaelKifer
17:23:07 [Zakim]
-Stella_Mitchell
17:23:08 [Zakim]
-Hassan
17:23:10 [Zakim]
-Harold
17:23:11 [Zakim]
-josb
17:23:16 [apaschke]
bye
17:23:24 [Zakim]
-apaschke
17:23:25 [ChrisW]
Regrets: DaveReynolds PaulVincent PaulaLaviniaPatranjan FrançoisBry
17:23:29 [ChrisW]
zakim, list attendees
17:23:29 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Mike_Dean, Gary_Hallmark, ChrisW, Sandro, josb, Harold, Stella_Mitchell, Hassan, csma, +1.212.781.aaaa, IgorMozetic, +1.212.781.aabb,
17:23:33 [Zakim]
... AxelPolleres, MichaelKifer, Jeff_Pan, LeoraMorgenstern, apaschke
17:23:34 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:23:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
17:24:06 [Zakim]
-Jeff_Pan
17:24:47 [ChrisW]
ack csma
17:24:55 [sandro]
zakim, who is here?
17:24:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ChrisW, Sandro
17:24:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see LeoraMorgenstern, apaschke, JeffP, Harold, RRSAgent, Zakim, ChrisW, sandro, trackbot-ng
17:25:32 [Zakim]
-Sandro
17:25:33 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
17:25:34 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
17:25:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were Mike_Dean, Gary_Hallmark, ChrisW, Sandro, josb, Harold, Stella_Mitchell, Hassan, csma, +1.212.781.aaaa, IgorMozetic, +1.212.781.aabb, AxelPolleres, MichaelKifer,
17:25:38 [Zakim]
... Jeff_Pan, LeoraMorgenstern, apaschke