IRC log of xmlsec on 2008-02-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:31:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
13:31:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-irc
13:31:21 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:31:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
13:31:23 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
13:31:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 29 minutes
13:31:24 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
13:31:24 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 05 February 2008
13:33:15 [fhirsch]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
13:33:44 [fhirsch]
Scribe:Shivaram Mysore
13:34:06 [fhirsch]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0002.html
13:40:12 [fhirsch]
Regrets: Hal Lockhart, Thomas Roessler
13:51:15 [sean]
sean has joined #xmlsec
13:56:34 [shivaram]
shivaram has joined #xmlsec
13:57:09 [shivaram]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
13:57:09 [Zakim]
ok, shivaram; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
13:57:20 [shivaram]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG Conference Call
13:57:39 [fhirsch]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0002.html
13:57:51 [fhirsch]
, who is here?
13:57:59 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
13:57:59 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has not yet started, fhirsch
13:58:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see shivaram, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fhirsch, trackbot-ng
13:58:30 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
13:58:35 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
13:58:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
13:58:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see shivaram, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fhirsch, trackbot-ng
13:58:37 [Zakim]
+shivaram
13:58:47 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
13:59:02 [Zakim]
+sean
13:59:11 [Zakim]
+JohnWray
13:59:19 [fhirsch]
zakim, what is the code?
13:59:19 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), fhirsch
13:59:19 [jwray]
jwray has joined #xmlsec
13:59:43 [Zakim]
+??P8
13:59:57 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
13:59:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, sean, JohnWray, ??P8
13:59:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jwray, EdS, shivaram, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fhirsch, trackbot-ng
14:00:26 [fhirsch]
who is p8?
14:00:28 [jcc]
jcc has joined #xmlsec
14:01:11 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, sean, JohnWray, ??P8
14:01:11 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
14:01:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jcc, jwray, EdS, shivaram, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fhirsch, trackbot-ng
14:01:33 [fhirsch]
zakim, p8 is fhirsch
14:01:33 [Zakim]
sorry, fhirsch, I do not recognize a party named 'p8'
14:01:53 [fhirsch]
zakim, ??p8 is fhirsch
14:01:53 [Zakim]
+fhirsch; got it
14:02:01 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram, sean, JohnWray, fhirsch
14:02:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see pdatta, jcc, jwray, EdS, shivaram, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fhirsch, trackbot-ng
14:02:26 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
14:02:27 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
14:02:30 [shivaram]
zakim, mute me
14:02:30 [Zakim]
shivaram should now be muted
14:02:37 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram (muted), sean, JohnWray, fhirsch, Ed_Simon, [IBM]
14:02:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see pdatta, jcc, jwray, EdS, shivaram, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fhirsch, trackbot-ng
14:02:45 [Zakim]
+pdatta
14:02:48 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
14:02:57 [fhirsch]
zakim, [IBM] is brich
14:02:57 [Zakim]
+brich; got it
14:03:03 [fhirsch]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shivaram (muted), sean, JohnWray, fhirsch, Ed_Simon, brich, pdatta
14:03:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see brich, pdatta, jcc, jwray, EdS, shivaram, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fhirsch, trackbot-ng
14:04:10 [shivaram]
Scribe: Shivaram Mysore
14:04:26 [shivaram]
zakim, unmute me
14:04:26 [Zakim]
shivaram should no longer be muted
14:04:47 [shivaram]
zakim, mute me
14:04:47 [Zakim]
shivaram should now be muted
14:05:11 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Administrative
14:05:32 [fhirsch]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-xmlsec-minutes
14:05:40 [fhirsch]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-xmlsec-minutes-public
14:05:59 [shivaram]
RESOLUTION: 22 January minutes approved
14:06:08 [fhirsch]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-xmlsec-minutes
14:06:19 [shivaram]
RESOLUTION: 29 January minutes approved
14:06:39 [shivaram]
TOPIC: XML Signature implementation report
14:06:42 [fhirsch]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmldsig/report.html
14:07:40 [shivaram]
zakim, unmute me
14:07:40 [Zakim]
shivaram should no longer be muted
14:08:27 [shivaram]
who is the speaker?
14:09:12 [brich]
bruce rich was speaking
14:09:29 [jcc]
Sorry for the delay: I am experiencing problems with Skype...
14:09:38 [shivaram]
ACTION: all please send comments for Signature implementation report by next week
14:09:38 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - all
14:11:32 [shivaram]
NOTE: All members should send comments for Signature implementation report by next week
14:11:51 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Provide test suite to Apache - acceptability & timing
14:12:09 [fhirsch]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0013.html
14:13:38 [sean]
when is it ok to push tests to open source repositories for products that are based on open source?
14:14:23 [sean]
FYI, tests for previous W3C xmldsig tests are already in Apache repository
14:14:26 [shivaram]
fhirsch is already working on this by checking the copyright and licensing issues
14:14:56 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:14:59 [sean]
zakim, mute me
14:14:59 [Zakim]
sean should now be muted
14:15:02 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Next steps for progressing XML Signature, 2nd Edition to Recommendation
14:15:15 [shivaram]
review of http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/explain.html
14:15:17 [fhirsch]
zakim, ??P16 is jcc
14:15:17 [Zakim]
+jcc; got it
14:15:45 [shivaram]
Next week scribe is JCC
14:16:17 [fhirsch]
fix explanation for 4.3.3.1
14:16:24 [fhirsch]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/2008Feb/0000.html
14:17:11 [shivaram]
NOTE: All please review explain doc by next week call
14:18:01 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Progressing test case document to W3C Note
14:18:14 [shivaram]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html
14:19:04 [shivaram]
Thanks Sean and all the other editors for the work on this
14:19:35 [sean]
sure
14:19:37 [shivaram]
ACTION: Sean clean up the doc - update styles, include other editors, check references and formatting.
14:19:38 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-143 - Clean up the doc - update styles, include other editors, check references and formatting. [on Sean Mullan - due 2008-02-12].
14:19:57 [fhirsch]
shortname - e.g. "c14n11-xmlsig2-interop-tests"
14:20:14 [fhirsch]
The syntax of a "This Version" URI must be <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/
14:20:23 [fhirsch]
NOTE-shortname-2008MMDD/>
14:20:35 [jcc]
Q+
14:20:44 [fhirsch]
ack jcc
14:21:18 [sean]
i see it
14:21:19 [fhirsch]
need to update link in document to w3c, currently link goes to etsi web site.
14:21:52 [sean]
q+
14:21:57 [fhirsch]
ack sean
14:21:58 [sean]
zakim, unmute me
14:22:01 [Zakim]
sean was not muted, sean
14:22:58 [sean]
ok, I got it
14:23:01 [jcc]
Sean, could you please update my email address to cruellas@ac.upc.edu in the interop test? thanks
14:23:25 [sean]
yes
14:23:46 [sean]
zakim, mute me
14:23:46 [Zakim]
sean should now be muted
14:24:10 [fhirsch]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/NOTE-ws-policy-primer-20071112/
14:24:39 [klanz2]
klanz2 has joined #xmlsec
14:24:40 [shivaram]
The above illustrates an example of short naming
14:25:09 [fhirsch]
"c14n11-xmlsig2-interop-tests"
14:25:30 [shivaram]
The short name looks good for me
14:25:39 [shivaram]
TOPIC: EXI
14:26:02 [sean]
or maybe just xmlsig2-interop-tests
14:26:25 [sean]
s/xmldsig/xmldsig
14:26:28 [shivaram]
Comments from Juan Carlos: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/ 0049.html
14:26:30 [sean]
s/xmlsig/xmldsig
14:26:33 [fhirsch]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0049.html
14:26:34 [shivaram]
I like Sean's idea
14:27:15 [brich]
+1
14:27:21 [fhirsch]
+1
14:29:09 [fhirsch]
Two comments: 1. attributes in xml namespace not discussed, 2. how are mapping tables populated?
14:30:19 [shivaram]
ACTION: fhirsch will look into this and see if we need do anything and to get back to EXI group
14:30:19 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - fhirsch
14:30:31 [EdS]
Since the core spec is called "XML Signature", not "XML Digital Signature", I prefer "xmlsig" (rather than "xmldsig") as our standard, universal shortname for "XML Signature".
14:31:10 [Zakim]
+??P18
14:31:13 [klanz2]
zakim, ? is klanz2
14:31:13 [Zakim]
+klanz2; got it
14:31:41 [shivaram]
ACTION: fhirsch will look into this and see if we need do anything and to get back to EXI group
14:31:41 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - fhirsch
14:32:22 [fhirsch]
action - fhirsch will look into this and see if we need do anything and to get back to EXI group
14:32:30 [shivaram]
NOTE: ACTION: fhirsch will look into this and see if we need do anything and to get back to EXI group
14:32:48 [sean]
q+
14:32:57 [fhirsch]
ack sean
14:33:42 [fhirsch]
action-141 closed
14:34:06 [sean]
i prefer xmldsig since that is what is used in the shortname URIs of the xml signatures specs (ex: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core)
14:34:06 [fhirsch]
ACTION-141 and ACTION-142 closed
14:34:07 [shivaram]
NOTE: ACTION-141 CLOSED
14:35:20 [sean]
its splitting hairs for me
14:35:51 [shivaram]
the above was related to short naming
14:37:01 [shivaram]
TOPIC: Any other business
14:37:15 [klanz2]
thxc
14:37:24 [Zakim]
-klanz2
14:37:25 [Zakim]
-brich
14:37:26 [Zakim]
-sean
14:37:27 [Zakim]
-pdatta
14:37:28 [Zakim]
-jcc
14:37:30 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
14:37:30 [sean]
exit
14:37:31 [Zakim]
-JohnWray
14:37:47 [fhirsch]
zakim, list participations
14:37:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'list participations', fhirsch
14:37:53 [fhirsch]
zakim, list participants
14:37:53 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been shivaram, sean, JohnWray, fhirsch, Ed_Simon, pdatta, brich, jcc, klanz2
14:38:09 [shivaram]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
14:38:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-minutes.html shivaram
14:38:40 [fhirsch]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:39:38 [Zakim]
-fhirsch
14:39:41 [Zakim]
-shivaram
14:39:42 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
14:39:43 [Zakim]
Attendees were shivaram, sean, JohnWray, fhirsch, Ed_Simon, pdatta, brich, jcc, klanz2
14:40:00 [fhirsch]
zakim,bye
14:40:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec
14:40:08 [fhirsch]
RRSAgent, bye
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-actions.rdf :
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: all please send comments for Signature implementation report by next week [1]
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-irc#T14-09-38
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean clean up the doc - update styles, include other editors, check references and formatting. [2]
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-irc#T14-19-37
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fhirsch will look into this and see if we need do anything and to get back to EXI group [3]
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-irc#T14-30-19
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fhirsch will look into this and see if we need do anything and to get back to EXI group [4]
14:40:08 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec-irc#T14-31-41