IRC log of swd on 2008-02-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:58:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swd
15:58:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc
15:58:36 [Ralph]
Meeting: SWD WG
15:58:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #swd
15:58:46 [Ralph]
zakim, this will be swd
15:58:46 [Zakim]
ok, Ralph, I see SW_SWD()11:00AM already started
15:58:52 [Ralph]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:58:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P21, Tom_Baker
15:59:04 [Clay]
Clay has joined #swd
16:00:01 [edsu]
edsu has joined #swd
16:00:11 [seanb]
seanb has joined #swd
16:00:24 [Zakim]
+??P11
16:00:32 [dlrubin]
rrsagent, make record public
16:00:40 [dlrubin]
Chair: Guus
16:00:50 [dlrubin]
scribenick: dlrubin
16:00:52 [aliman]
zakim, ??P11 is aliman
16:01:05 [Zakim]
+aliman; got it
16:01:11 [guus]
guus has joined #swd
16:01:13 [Zakim]
+Antoine_Isaac
16:01:21 [Zakim]
+[LC]
16:01:24 [Clay]
zakim, LC is Clay
16:01:29 [Zakim]
+[LC.a]
16:01:37 [Zakim]
+??P44
16:01:44 [edsu]
zakim, LC.a is edsu
16:01:47 [Zakim]
+Rodrigo
16:01:51 [Zakim]
+Clay; got it
16:01:52 [berrueta]
zakim, Rodrigo is me
16:02:11 [seanb]
zakim, ??P44 is seanb
16:02:13 [guus]
[i'm looking for a scibe volunteer]
16:02:18 [Zakim]
+edsu; got it
16:02:24 [Zakim]
+berrueta; got it
16:02:28 [dlrubin]
I am scribing for the first 50 min today
16:02:40 [Zakim]
+seanb; got it
16:02:43 [guus]
thanks, Daniel
16:03:00 [Zakim]
+Ralph
16:03:10 [guus]
[my operator doesn't answer, hope to be there soon]
16:03:22 [Ralph]
zakim, ??p21 is DLRubin
16:03:34 [Zakim]
+DLRubin; got it
16:03:44 [Zakim]
+??P57
16:03:57 [Ralph]
zakim, ??p57 is Margherita
16:04:09 [Zakim]
+??P58
16:04:11 [Zakim]
+Margherita; got it
16:04:19 [Ralph]
zakim, ??p58 is Guus
16:04:45 [Zakim]
+Guus; got it
16:05:10 [dlrubin]
topic: Admin
16:05:11 [Ralph]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0006.html
16:05:34 [Ralph]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html
16:05:44 [Ralph]
scribenick: dlrubin
16:05:46 [guus]
zakim, who is here?
16:06:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DLRubin, Tom_Baker (muted), aliman, Antoine_Isaac, Clay, edsu, seanb, berrueta, Ralph, Margherita (muted), Guus
16:06:53 [guus]
regrets: Vit, Ben, Michael
16:06:54 [Zakim]
On IRC I see guus, seanb, edsu, Clay, Zakim, RRSAgent, dlrubin, aliman, Antoine, Marghe, berrueta, Ralph
16:07:24 [dlrubin]
guus: welcome
16:07:30 [dlrubin]
PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Jan 29 telecon:
16:07:30 [dlrubin]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html
16:07:42 [dlrubin]
...accepted
16:07:47 [dlrubin]
...Next telecon: 12 February 2008 1600 UTC
16:08:04 [dlrubin]
Upcoming telecons and scribes -
16:08:04 [dlrubin]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty
16:08:16 [dlrubin]
guus: ACTION: Chairs to put schedule review on agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action24]
16:08:38 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Chairs to put schedule review on agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action24]
16:08:46 [dlrubin]
--continued
16:09:04 [dlrubin]
TOPIC: SKOS
16:09:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-minutes.html Ralph
16:09:31 [dlrubin]
guus: which triple notation we will use in our docs
16:09:46 [dlrubin]
...see if we can reach concensus on this.
16:10:08 [dlrubin]
Alistair: I prefer using Turtle in the ref
16:10:14 [dlrubin]
...it is most readable
16:10:33 [dlrubin]
...alternative would be N triples.
16:10:40 [dlrubin]
...this follows RDF semantics
16:10:54 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/ "Turtle - Terse RDF Triple Language"
16:10:55 [dlrubin]
...In primer, would be nice to see alternative presentations
16:11:08 [dlrubin]
guus: I have preference for same notation in both docs
16:11:12 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-n3-20080114/ "Notation3 (N3): A readable RDF syntax"
16:11:30 [dlrubin]
seanb: I'm agnostic. I prefer more human-readable syntax, like Turtle
16:11:36 [dlrubin]
guus: Ntriples too?
16:11:39 [dlrubin]
seanb: yes.
16:12:03 [dlrubin]
Antoine: I don't mind either choice
16:12:22 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/#sec-diff-ntriples "Turtle Compared To N-Triples"
16:12:38 [dlrubin]
guus: We recently had new document on Turtle
16:13:28 [dlrubin]
guus: my preference is Turtle. We used it in best practices too
16:13:41 [dlrubin]
...I propose the referene and primer use Turtle notation
16:14:04 [dlrubin]
Ralph: we don't need syntax extensions
16:14:14 [dlrubin]
...Turtle is a subset of N3
16:15:38 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Guus to schedule to discussion on the notation (syntax) used in SKOS examples in Reference and Primer in two weeks time, i.e. on 29 January [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action05]
16:15:38 [dlrubin]
DONE
16:15:46 [dlrubin]
--done
16:16:12 [dlrubin]
--PROPOSED
16:16:42 [dlrubin]
PROPOSED: We will use Turtle syntax as defined
16:16:51 [Ralph]
http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/
16:17:12 [Ralph]
s/as defined/as defined in http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114//
16:17:29 [dlrubin]
guus: Proposal carried
16:17:51 [dlrubin]
PROPOSED: We will use Turtle syntax as defined
16:17:51 [dlrubin]
[08:16] <@Ralph> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/
16:17:51 [dlrubin]
[08:17] <@Ralph> s/as defined/as defined in http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/20 08/SUBM-turtle-20080114//
16:17:54 [dlrubin]
--RESOLVED
16:18:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-minutes.html Ralph
16:18:19 [dlrubin]
-- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)
16:18:19 [dlrubin]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080125/
16:18:38 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Alistair to solicit feedback via mailing lists on WD [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action22]
16:18:38 [dlrubin]
DONE: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0206.html
16:18:43 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:18:48 [Ralph]
RESOLVED: SKOS documents will use Turtle syntax as defined in http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/20 08/SUBM-turtle-20080114/
16:18:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-minutes.html Ralph
16:19:15 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept Coordination) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09]
16:19:18 [dlrubin]
--CONTINUED
16:19:26 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Alistair to respond to original query regarding Issue 41 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action10]
16:20:03 [dlrubin]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
16:20:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-minutes.html dlrubin
16:20:31 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:21:00 [Ralph]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0192.html issue 41 [Alistair 29-Jan]
16:21:11 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Antoine to propose resolution to Issue 32 based on text from
16:21:11 [dlrubin]
the primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action07]
16:21:13 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:21:22 [dlrubin]
PROPOSED resolution:
16:21:22 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0193.html
16:21:59 [dlrubin]
Antoine: Recommends SKOS user to use prefLabel as unambigous means to identify concepts
16:22:11 [dlrubin]
guus: I propose to accept the resolution
16:22:48 [dlrubin]
Alistair: We have usage conventions. This is a use convention in which there are cases we wouldn't follow them
16:22:59 [dlrubin]
...Most classification systems have non-unique labels
16:23:21 [dlrubin]
...sounds like we expect people to follow convention--people might not follow the usage convention
16:23:30 [dlrubin]
...There are exceptions to the rules
16:24:02 [dlrubin]
Marghe: This is important to consider the language
16:24:07 [Ralph]
q+ to note MUST vs SHOULD
16:24:17 [dlrubin]
...We may have two prefLabel reference for same language
16:24:50 [dlrubin]
guus: I think the resolution is ok
16:25:05 [dlrubin]
Margherita: Can we identify a concept?
16:25:16 [dlrubin]
...through a URI?
16:25:23 [dlrubin]
guus: yes we can
16:25:41 [dlrubin]
guus: I'm not sure what to do with Alistair's remark
16:26:41 [dlrubin]
Ralph: I'm not persuaded that Antoine's language is inappropriate or confusing
16:27:04 [dlrubin]
Alistair: I would like another paragraph saying "however, there are cases where we expect people won't follow this convention"
16:27:36 [dlrubin]
...SKOS data model only captures some things.
16:28:09 [dlrubin]
...We expect people to follow use conventions not captured in skos data model
16:28:27 [dlrubin]
...there are exceptions where people will diverge from practice
16:28:46 [dlrubin]
...we expect some usage conventions people will follow always and some they'll want to diverge
16:28:58 [Ralph]
Ralph: many other W3C Recommendations use the IETF conventions of MUST and SHOULD. We could use this in the SKOS specifcation, which would make the intend clear, but as we're not currently doing that in the document it could be a lot of work to revise the document.
16:29:00 [dlrubin]
...saying SKOS data model doesn't enforce doesn't bring this out
16:29:51 [dlrubin]
Alistair: We can say this is good practice--I don't want people to think that if they break this, they aren't following skos
16:30:21 [dlrubin]
...we should have a paragraph illustrating when people will diverge from the convention--exceptions to the rule
16:30:36 [Ralph]
-> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2119.html RFC 2119 "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels"
16:30:44 [dlrubin]
guus: Suggestion to editors of primer to consider this. But I think resolution is ok
16:31:17 [dlrubin]
Alistair: There are usage conventions that we could bring out
16:31:26 [dlrubin]
...we could consider using keywords in relation to those
16:31:37 [dlrubin]
Ralph: would be lots of work to have doc use keywords
16:32:12 [dlrubin]
guus: I'd like to propose to accept the resolution
16:32:32 [dlrubin]
Antoine: ok
16:32:32 [Ralph]
Ralph: others in W3C will tell us we SHOULD use the RFC 2119 keywords :)
16:32:41 [dlrubin]
guus: proposing to resolve issue 32
16:33:25 [dlrubin]
PROPOSED resolution:
16:33:25 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0193.html
16:33:28 [dlrubin]
--RESOLVED
16:33:39 [dlrubin]
PROPOSED resolution:
16:33:39 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0193.html
16:33:48 [dlrubin]
PROPOSED resolution:
16:33:48 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0193.html
16:33:58 [dlrubin]
RESOLVED:
16:34:13 [dlrubin]
PRESOLVED: ISSUE-32 resolved per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public /public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0193.html
16:34:26 [dlrubin]
RESOLVED: ISSUE-32 resolved per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ Public /public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0193.html
16:34:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-minutes.html Ralph
16:34:44 [aliman]
/me :)
16:34:50 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action10]
16:35:29 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:36:35 [seanb]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0013.html
16:36:43 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Sean to propose postponing the issue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action08]
16:37:07 [Guus]
Guus has joined #swd
16:37:19 [dlrubin]
Sean: The skos core guide includes reference to rules, which is not clear what these rules are
16:37:29 [dlrubin]
...current working draft doens't include reference to rules
16:37:37 [dlrubin]
...I propose we postpone the issue
16:38:10 [dlrubin]
Ralph: seconded
16:38:15 [dlrubin]
guus: resolved
16:38:32 [dlrubin]
RESOLVED: Sean to propose postponing the issue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action08]
16:38:55 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/35 issue-35
16:39:04 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate recommendation package. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]
16:39:12 [dlrubin]
--CONTINUES
16:39:26 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of rdfs isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]
16:39:35 [dlrubin]
--CONTINUES
16:39:44 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13]
16:39:50 [dlrubin]
--CONTINUES
16:40:01 [dlrubin]
Topic: SKOS Primer
16:40:10 [dlrubin]
RIF comments:
16:40:10 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0150.html
16:40:29 [dlrubin]
Antoine: over past week, we tried to address comments from people
16:40:47 [dlrubin]
...regarding relations between OWL classes and skos concepts
16:40:54 [dlrubin]
...new version tries to address this
16:41:29 [dlrubin]
...There are a few to-dos for the document
16:41:43 [dlrubin]
...Two important comments, we want advice on...
16:41:50 [dlrubin]
...first is getting examples
16:42:14 [dlrubin]
...do we do this now?
16:42:30 [dlrubin]
guus: We should have range of examples
16:42:48 [aliman]
+1 on range of examples
16:42:51 [dlrubin]
...We should add a complete case study
16:43:06 [dlrubin]
...No need for one consistent example through the primer
16:43:11 [dlrubin]
...opinions?
16:43:28 [dlrubin]
...Don't worry about it in this version.
16:43:36 [dlrubin]
...In terms of graphs--done by hand?
16:43:42 [dlrubin]
Alistair: yes
16:43:56 [dlrubin]
Antoine: this takes lots of time
16:44:03 [dlrubin]
...better if we do this in later version
16:44:29 [dlrubin]
guus: you might try a tool to generate the graph
16:45:13 [dlrubin]
Margherita: There is no need for the graph
16:45:44 [dlrubin]
guus: with this input, don't let this block publication of the working draft
16:46:10 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action06]
16:46:12 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:46:32 [dlrubin]
Topic: SKOS implementations
16:46:58 [dlrubin]
Topic: RDFa
16:47:08 [dlrubin]
RDFa Syntax draft ready for review:
16:47:08 [dlrubin]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0176.html
16:47:16 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Ed to review RDFa syntax document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action13]
16:47:18 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:47:21 [Ralph]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0014.html "review of current draft of 'RDFa syntax" [Ed 5-Feb]
16:47:42 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Diego to review RDFa syntax document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action12]
16:47:44 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:48:14 [Ralph]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0197.html "review of current draft of 'RDFa syntax'" [Diego 29-Jan]
16:48:15 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
16:48:22 [dlrubin]
--CONTINUES
16:48:32 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05]
16:48:48 [dlrubin]
--CONTINUES
16:48:58 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Ben to prepare the email to request the decision for publishing on Feb 12th [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action24]
16:49:36 [dlrubin]
--CONTINUES
16:49:39 [dlrubin]
ACTION: Ralph confirm with the RDFa Task Force that the current RDFa Syntax document is the Last Call candidate and note that SWD WG plans to put that resolution on its 12-Feb agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action19]
16:50:22 [dlrubin]
--DONE
16:50:37 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has left #swd
16:50:38 [Zakim]
-DLRubin
16:50:47 [Ralph]
scribenick: ralph
16:51:02 [berrueta]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0001.html
16:51:13 [Ralph]
Ralph: I also confirmed during the RDFa call that the XHTML2 WG understands that we intend to put the question on RDFa Last Call on 12 Feb
16:51:28 [Ralph]
ACTION: Diego to solicit feedback via mailing lists on
16:51:28 [Ralph]
WD [recorded in
16:51:28 [Ralph]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action22]
16:51:37 [Ralph]
-- done
16:51:57 [Ralph]
ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
16:51:58 [Ralph]
-- continues
16:52:07 [Ralph]
ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
16:52:10 [Ralph]
-- continues
16:52:33 [Ralph]
Topic: Vocabulary Management
16:52:48 [Ralph]
ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]
16:52:50 [Ralph]
-- continues
16:53:40 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Vocab/principles-20080204 4-Feb Editor's Draft
16:54:07 [Ralph]
Ralph: Elisa sent me a new editor's draft
16:54:14 [Ralph]
... did anyone see mail from her? (I did not)
16:54:20 [Ralph]
... ah, but she did update the wiki
16:54:26 [Ralph]
Guus: let's ask Elisa to send mail
16:54:52 [Ralph]
... I will ask her to send mail
16:55:07 [Ralph]
Topic: SKOS Issues list
16:55:29 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues SWD issues tracker
16:56:18 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/46 issue 46; IndexingAndNonIndexingConcepts
16:56:50 [Ralph]
Antoine: not much progress on this one but it is an identified requirement
16:57:13 [Ralph]
... the identification of things in conceptual hierarchies that may look like concepts but are not, as they can't be used alone
16:57:22 [Ralph]
... e.g. LCSH subdivisions
16:57:36 [Ralph]
... in LCSH you can augment a concept with another that adds a shade of meaning
16:57:54 [Ralph]
... sometimes you can use these alone but sometimes it has been specifically related for this qualification purpose
16:57:59 [Ralph]
Guus: needs more discussion then
16:58:25 [Ralph]
... accept this as an open issue
16:59:01 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/47 issue 47; MappingProvenanceInformation
16:59:26 [Ralph]
Antoine: Jonathan Rees and Alan Ruttenburg wanted this for their applications
16:59:34 [Ralph]
... to distinguish mappings according to their sources
16:59:54 [Ralph]
... we might go for a solution that resembles the concept name containment solution
17:00:04 [Ralph]
... needs more work
17:00:12 [Ralph]
Guus: could indicate a possible practice
17:00:24 [Ralph]
... I'm willing to own this issue
17:00:47 [Ralph]
Antoine: should be able to adapt something from concept scheme containment paragraph
17:01:50 [Ralph]
s/name containment/scheme containment/
17:02:08 [Ralph]
scribe: Daniel, Ralph
17:02:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-minutes.html Ralph
17:02:48 [Zakim]
-Tom_Baker
17:02:48 [Ralph]
[adjourn]
17:02:50 [Zakim]
-edsu
17:02:54 [seanb]
seanb has left #swd
17:03:01 [Zakim]
-seanb
17:03:06 [Zakim]
-Margherita
17:03:07 [Zakim]
-Guus
17:03:08 [Zakim]
-berrueta
17:04:36 [Zakim]
-Clay
17:04:39 [Zakim]
-aliman
17:04:40 [Zakim]
-Antoine_Isaac
17:04:41 [Zakim]
-Ralph
17:04:47 [Zakim]
SW_SWD()11:00AM has ended
17:04:49 [Zakim]
Attendees were Tom_Baker, aliman, Antoine_Isaac, Clay, edsu, berrueta, seanb, Ralph, DLRubin, Margherita, Guus
17:04:50 [Antoine]
Antoine has left #swd
17:04:52 [edsu]
edsu has left #swd
17:04:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-minutes.html Ralph
17:06:46 [Ralph]
zakim, bye
17:06:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swd
17:06:48 [Ralph]
rrsagent, bye
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
I see 22 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-actions.rdf :
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Chairs to put schedule review on agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action24] [1]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-08-38
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus to schedule to discussion on the notation (syntax) used in SKOS examples in Reference and Primer in two weeks time, i.e. on 29 January [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action05] [2]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-15-38
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair to solicit feedback via mailing lists on WD [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action22] [3]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-18-38
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept Coordination) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09] [4]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-19-15
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair to respond to original query regarding Issue 41 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action10] [5]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-19-26
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Antoine to propose resolution to Issue 32 based on text from [6]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-21-11
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action10] [7]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-34-50
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean to propose postponing the issue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action08] [8]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-36-43
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate recommendation package. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09] [9]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-39-04
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of rdfs isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10] [10]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-39-26
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13] [11]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-39-44
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action06] [12]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-46-10
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ed to review RDFa syntax document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action13] [13]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-47-16
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Diego to review RDFa syntax document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action12] [14]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-47-42
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [15]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-48-15
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05] [16]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-48-32
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to prepare the email to request the decision for publishing on Feb 12th [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action24] [17]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-48-58
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph confirm with the RDFa Task Force that the current RDFa Syntax document is the Last Call candidate and note that SWD WG plans to put that resolution on its 12-Feb agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action19] [18]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-49-39
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Diego to solicit feedback via mailing lists on [19]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-51-28
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [20]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-51-57
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [21]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-52-07
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07] [22]
17:06:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-swd-irc#T16-52-48