IRC log of xmlsec on 2008-01-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:33:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
13:33:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-xmlsec-irc
13:33:23 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:33:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
13:33:25 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
13:33:25 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 27 minutes
13:33:26 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
13:33:26 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 29 January 2008
13:44:27 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0045.html
13:44:37 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
13:44:51 [fjh]
Scribe: John Wray
13:53:43 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
13:53:50 [Zakim]
+JohnWray
13:53:58 [fjh]
zakim, what is the code?
13:53:58 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), fjh
13:55:03 [sean]
sean has joined #xmlsec
13:55:36 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
13:58:54 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
13:58:55 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:58:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see JohnWray, Frederick_Hirsch
13:58:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see pdatta, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, jwray, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:59:02 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
13:59:28 [hal]
hal has joined #xmlsec
14:00:07 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
14:00:07 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
14:00:09 [Zakim]
+Thomas
14:00:30 [Zakim]
+Hal
14:00:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.876.aaaa
14:01:05 [jwray]
TOPIC: Administative
14:01:34 [fjh]
rrsagent, aaaa is sean
14:01:34 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'aaaa is sean', fjh. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:01:50 [tlr]
zakim, aaaa is sean
14:01:50 [Zakim]
+sean; got it
14:01:51 [fjh]
zakim, aaaa is sean
14:01:51 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
14:01:52 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
14:01:54 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
14:02:13 [tlr]
zakim, IBM has brich
14:02:13 [Zakim]
+brich; got it
14:02:15 [CGI733]
CGI733 has joined #xmlsec
14:02:25 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see JohnWray, Frederick_Hirsch, Ed_Simon, Thomas, Hal, sean, [IBM]
14:02:28 [Zakim]
[IBM] has brich
14:02:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see EdS, hal, pdatta, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, jwray, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:02:46 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
14:02:48 [Zakim]
+pdatta
14:03:13 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see JohnWray, Frederick_Hirsch, Ed_Simon, Thomas, Hal, sean, [IBM], pdatta
14:03:15 [Zakim]
[IBM] has brich
14:03:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see brich, EdS, hal, pdatta, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, jwray, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:03:52 [shivaram]
shivaram has joined #xmlsec
14:04:01 [jcc]
jcc has joined #xmlsec
14:04:08 [Zakim]
+shivaram
14:04:40 [tlr]
Regrets for next week, suspect you'll also get some from Hal and PHB.
14:05:20 [fjh]
Shivaram will scribe next week
14:05:26 [tlr]
(I'm obviously not speaking for Phill and Hal. ;)
14:05:35 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:05:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see JohnWray, Frederick_Hirsch, Ed_Simon, Thomas, Hal, sean, [IBM], pdatta, shivaram
14:05:37 [Zakim]
[IBM] has brich
14:05:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jcc, shivaram, brich, EdS, hal, pdatta, sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, jwray, tlr, trackbot-ng
14:06:10 [fjh]
Regrets: Rob Miller
14:06:29 [tlr]
Thanks to Hal for scribing last week.
14:07:24 [fjh]
c14n11 should be published as PER today, please talk to AC rep to support progressing
14:07:38 [tlr]
s/PER/PR/
14:08:45 [jcc]
Sorry...trying to dial in but rejected because the passcode 965732# is reported not to be valid
14:09:03 [fjh]
tlr: to address patent concerns revisions to c14n11 in follow on xmlsec wg should be joint work with xml core
14:09:52 [tlr]
zakim, code?
14:09:52 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), tlr
14:10:01 [tlr]
jcc, you using skype?
14:10:21 [tlr]
if so, you might need to mute the microphone while using the touchtone interface.
14:10:23 [jwray]
TOPIC: Minutes
14:10:28 [tlr]
juan carlos?
14:10:31 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-xmlsec-minutes.html
14:10:32 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:10:36 [jcc]
yes... using skype
14:10:40 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-xmlsec-minutes.html
14:10:43 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-xmlsec-minutes-public.html
14:10:52 [tlr]
jcc, it's a known problem with skype, zakim, and touchtones
14:12:27 [hal]
I read the minutes ;)
14:12:46 [jwray]
tlr: private minutes include impl details. Approve next mtg, comments on private minutes on priv list
14:13:37 [jwray]
TOPIC:Test case doc
14:15:29 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0045.html
14:16:53 [tlr]
tlr: For clarification: Let's keep diffRFC in test case document, but not in implementation report.
14:17:20 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
14:17:26 [tlr]
ACTION: fjh to fix IBM xpointer cases
14:17:26 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-141 - Fix IBM xpointer cases [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-02-05].
14:17:29 [tlr]
q+
14:18:44 [fjh]
ack tlr
14:18:59 [tlr]
brich: xpointer signatures were the ones available at interop
14:19:05 [tlr]
tlr: that answers my question
14:19:35 [tlr]
let's say in the report "these signatures were verified at the interop, nobody reported any problems"
14:19:48 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0034.html
14:19:52 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0034.html
14:20:13 [tlr]
q+
14:20:27 [fjh]
ack tlr
14:20:42 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0046.html
14:22:07 [brich]
i'm ok with the text that you proposed for defCan
14:22:12 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec
14:22:57 [tlr]
ACTION: fjh to update implementation report, merge http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0046.html
14:22:57 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-142 - Update implementation report, merge http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0046.html [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2008-02-05].
14:23:02 [tlr]
rrsagent, list actions
14:23:02 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-xmlsec-actions.rdf :
14:23:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to fix IBM xpointer cases [1]
14:23:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-xmlsec-irc#T14-17-26
14:23:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to update implementation report, merge http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0046.html [2]
14:23:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-xmlsec-irc#T14-22-57
14:23:38 [tlr]
tlr has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0045.html
14:24:27 [jwray]
TOPIC: EXI
14:25:25 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/0047.html
14:29:01 [jwray]
Will discuss further in next call
14:29:13 [jwray]
TOPIC: Best practices
14:29:54 [tlr]
hal: will pull together something in the next few weeks. Will probably be worst practices or "unexpectedly bad experiences"
14:32:05 [jwray]
TOPIC: Action items
14:32:31 [tlr]
trackbot-ng, close action-115
14:32:31 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-115 Review EXI with respect to correct XML Security usage closed
14:32:51 [tlr]
trackbot-ng, close action-140
14:32:51 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-140 Propose useful language for defCan tests, no detailed results closed
14:33:41 [hal]
+1
14:34:23 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: upcoming calls to be scheduled for 60min, not 90min
14:34:48 [Zakim]
-Hal
14:34:50 [Zakim]
-[IBM]
14:34:51 [Zakim]
-shivaram
14:34:51 [Zakim]
-pdatta
14:34:52 [Zakim]
-??P9
14:34:53 [Zakim]
-sean
14:34:54 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
14:35:01 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
14:35:02 [Zakim]
-Thomas
14:35:29 [tlr]
rrsagent, make record public
14:35:34 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:35:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:35:38 [tlr]
zakim, list participants
14:35:38 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been JohnWray, Frederick_Hirsch, Ed_Simon, Thomas, Hal, +1.617.876.aaaa, sean, brich, pdatta, shivaram
14:35:48 [fjh]
zakim, what is the code
14:35:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'what is the code', fjh
14:35:48 [tlr]
zakim, please draft minutes
14:35:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'please draft minutes', tlr
14:35:53 [tlr]
zakim, what is the code?
14:35:53 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), tlr
14:35:56 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:35:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:36:20 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:38:27 [Zakim]
-??P1
14:38:28 [Zakim]
-JohnWray
14:38:29 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
14:38:30 [Zakim]
Attendees were JohnWray, Frederick_Hirsch, Ed_Simon, Thomas, Hal, +1.617.876.aaaa, sean, brich, pdatta, shivaram