IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-01-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:42:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:42:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-wai-wcag-irc
20:42:33 [Ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
20:42:38 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:42:43 [Ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:42:43 [Zakim]
ok, Ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 42 minutes ago
20:42:50 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:42:58 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008JanMar/0033.html
20:43:04 [Ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:43:09 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:43:30 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
20:43:50 [Ben]
Regrets: Christophe_Strobbe, Tim_Boland, Michael_Cooper
20:44:02 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:44:23 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008, starting at Issue 2373 <http://tinyurl.com/3d279h>
20:44:39 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 24 Jan 2008 <http://tinyurl.com/yqtp5t>
20:57:23 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:57:30 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:57:54 [Zakim]
+Ben
20:58:31 [Ben]
zakim, Ben is Ben_Caldwell
20:58:31 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:58:38 [Ben]
zakim, I am Ben_Caldwell
20:58:38 [Zakim]
ok, Ben, I now associate you with Ben_Caldwell
20:59:45 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:59:59 [bengt]
zakim, ??P2 is Bengt_Farre
20:59:59 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:00:41 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:25 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:01:26 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:49 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:02 [Loretta]
I'm dealing with an urgent problem and I'll be a few minutes late.
21:02:12 [Ben]
zakim, [IPcaller] is David_MacDonald
21:02:12 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
21:02:27 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:02:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.219.aaaa
21:02:59 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
21:03:00 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:03:29 [Zakim]
+??P8
21:03:44 [Ben]
zakim, ??P8 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:03:44 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:03:56 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:04:03 [GreggVan]
GreggVan has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:48 [Ben]
zakim, +617 is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:04:48 [Zakim]
sorry, Ben, I do not recognize a party named '+617'
21:04:56 [Zakim]
+??P11
21:05:08 [rellero]
zakim, ??P11 is Roberto_Ellero
21:05:08 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:05:14 [Ben]
zakim, +1.617.219.aaaa is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:05:14 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
21:05:40 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:05:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Ben_Caldwell, Bengt_Farre, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero
21:05:59 [Zakim]
+ +5455aabb
21:06:15 [Ben]
zakim, +5455aabb is Sean_Hayes
21:06:15 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
21:07:08 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:07:08 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Ben]
21:07:41 [Ben]
scribe: David_MacDonald
21:07:42 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:07:56 [David_MacDonald]
scribe: David_MacDonald
21:08:06 [Ben]
zakim, [Microsoft] is Cynthia_Shelly
21:08:06 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:08:10 [Zakim]
+??P13
21:09:07 [Ben]
zakim, ??P13 is Nikolaos_Floratos
21:09:07 [Zakim]
+Nikolaos_Floratos; got it
21:09:29 [GreggVan]
Q
21:09:32 [GreggVan]
Q+
21:10:04 [GreggVan]
ack g
21:15:47 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
21:15:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:15:48 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
21:15:49 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008, starting at Issue 2373 <http://tinyurl.com/3d279h> [from Ben]
21:15:58 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:15:58 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008, starting at Issue 2373 <http://tinyurl.com/3d279h>" taken up [from Ben]
21:16:43 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: 2373 Misc. proposals for 17 jan
21:24:39 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:27:53 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: acccept 2373 as amended
21:28:42 [David_MacDonald]
topic: 2376
21:32:02 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:32:06 [Ben]
q+
21:32:36 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:32:43 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
21:33:13 [Loretta]
ack b
21:37:28 [Ben]
q+
21:37:42 [David_MacDonald]
ack d
21:46:53 [Ben]
q-
21:47:25 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept 2376 as amended
21:48:27 [David_MacDonald]
topic: 2377
22:05:08 [David_MacDonald]
action: Gregg to add discussion of full screen window to 1.4.8 without scolling
22:07:24 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept 2377 as amended
22:07:36 [David_MacDonald]
topic: 2378
22:09:20 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept 2378 unanimous
22:10:45 [David_MacDonald]
topic: Failure technique for 4.1.2: Failure due to not providing names for each part of a multi-part form ...
22:18:52 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept failure for 4.1.2 due to not providing names for each part of a multi part form
22:21:23 [Ben]
Topic: Sufficient technique for SC 1.4.7: Not including audio content
22:22:07 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept Sufficient technique for SC 1.4.7: Not including audio content
22:23:35 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept unanimous Related resources for Understanding SC 1.4.8
22:25:13 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept 2385 unanimous
22:25:52 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept Sufficient technique for 3.3.4: Providing a checkbox in addition to a submit button as amended
22:30:19 [David_MacDonald]
topic: Modification to G70: Providing a function to search an on-line dictionary
22:32:19 [Zakim]
-Nikolaos_Floratos
22:34:03 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept Modification to G70: Providing a function to search an on-line dictionary as amended
22:34:47 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:35:09 [Ben]
scribe: Ben
22:35:17 [Ben]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.1.1, 4.1.2.: Using (X)HTML according to spec
22:36:32 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:36:58 [Ben]
scribe: David_MacDonald
22:40:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aacc
22:41:04 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept "Sufficient technique for 1.1.1, 4.1.2.: Using (X)HTML according to spec" as amended
22:41:39 [David_MacDonald]
topic: Sufficient technique for 3.2.5.: Using the target attribute to open a new window on user request
22:42:55 [GreggVan]
ack b
22:50:59 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept "Sufficient technique for 3.2.5.: Using the target attribute to open a new window on user request" as amended
22:51:30 [Zakim]
- +1.617.584.aacc
22:52:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aadd
22:52:47 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: Issue 2386: SC 1.4.8 - achieving all or one ?
22:53:55 [David_MacDonald]
reslolution: accept 2386 as amended
22:54:01 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 3.2.2: Using a button with a select element to perform an action
22:54:11 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept Sufficient technique for 3.2.2: Using a button with a select element to perform an action as amended
22:54:54 [David_MacDonald]
topic: Issue 2390
22:55:08 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: accept 2390 as amended
23:06:16 [Zakim]
- +1.617.584.aadd
23:06:18 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:06:32 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:06:34 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:06:36 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:06:36 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:06:38 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:06:40 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:06:41 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
23:06:47 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
23:06:47 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, Ben
23:06:49 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:06:50 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:06:50 [Ben]
q?
23:06:56 [Ben]
ack Kat
23:06:57 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:07:01 [Ben]
zakim, bye
23:07:01 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Ben_Caldwell, Bengt_Farre, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero,
23:07:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:07:04 [Zakim]
... Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly, Nikolaos_Floratos, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.617.584.aacc, +1.617.584.aadd
23:07:05 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:07:05 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:07:05 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to add discussion of full screen window to 1.4.8 without scolling [1]
23:07:05 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/24-wai-wcag-irc#T22-05-08