IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-01-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:57:22 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:22 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-irc
20:58:00 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:58:07 [Ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:58:07 [Zakim]
ok, Ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 58 minutes ago
20:58:14 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:58:23 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008JanMar/0025.html
20:58:23 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:29 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:58:31 [Ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:58:37 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:58:40 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:58:43 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:58:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.240.855.aaaa
20:59:06 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 10 Jan 2008 (#7+) <http://tinyurl.com/2g4yrh>
20:59:16 [Zakim]
- +1.240.855.aaaa
20:59:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.240.855.aaaa
20:59:19 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:59:27 [Ben]
CSS Techniques for SC 1.4.5 and SC 1.4.9 <http://tinyurl.com/22dq6z>
20:59:39 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:46 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080117misc/>
20:59:51 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:59:56 [rscano]
zakim, ??P4 is Roberto_Scano
20:59:56 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
21:00:19 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
21:00:23 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:32 [Zakim]
+??P9
21:01:39 [Ben]
zakim, ??P9 is Ben_Caldwell
21:01:39 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:01:57 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
21:02:11 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:02:25 [Zakim]
+??P13
21:02:36 [bengt]
zakim, ??P13 is Bengt_Farre
21:02:36 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:02:46 [Ben]
zakim, Ben has Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:02:46 [Zakim]
'Ben' is ambiguous, Ben
21:03:06 [Ben]
zakim, Ben_Caldwell has Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:03:06 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:03:23 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:03:44 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:03:58 [bengt]
mute tim
21:03:59 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:04:32 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:04:34 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:05:55 [Zakim]
+ +0321632aabb
21:06:50 [Christophe]
zakim, +032 is Christophe_Strobbe
21:06:50 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
21:07:40 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
21:07:47 [Andi]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/misc20080110/results
21:08:06 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 3.1.3, 3.1.4: Using a dictionary cascade
21:08:22 [awk]
I'm just logging on to IRC to give my regrets
21:08:33 [awk]
unexpected conflict.
21:08:58 [GreggVan]
GreggVan has joined #wai-wcag
21:09:01 [awk]
awk has left #WAI-WCAG
21:09:50 [MichaelC]
regrets: Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly
21:13:27 [Andi]
resolution: rename the technique and move to advisory
21:14:00 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 3.1.5: Making the text easier to read
21:16:42 [Andi]
resolution: accept technique for 3.1.4 "Making the text easier to read" as revised
21:17:30 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 3.1.5: Providing sign language versions of information, ideas ...
21:19:01 [Andi]
Keep the technique for 3.1.5 "Providing sign language versions of information, ideas" open - needs more work
21:19:10 [Andi]
action: David to look for more sign language resources
21:19:59 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for Conformance Requirement 1 (Alternate Versions): Using HTTP referer ...
21:22:34 [Zakim]
+??P2
21:22:59 [rscano]
zakim, ??P2 is Roberto_Ellero
21:22:59 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:23:25 [Andi]
resolution: accept proposal as amended with Ben and Michael to work out additional description to address Michael's comment
21:24:21 [Andi]
topic: Modifications to H42: Using h1-h6 to identify headings
21:25:09 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
21:27:09 [Loretta]
ack k
21:27:10 [GreggVan]
q+
21:28:19 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:28:55 [Loretta]
ack g
21:29:23 [Sofia]
q+
21:29:39 [Sofia]
q-
21:30:50 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:30:51 [rscano]
yep :)
21:31:12 [Andi]
q+
21:31:33 [Loretta]
ack d
21:32:11 [MichaelC]
q+ to say HTML and XHTML are diverging
21:32:39 [Loretta]
ack a
21:33:22 [Loretta]
ack m
21:33:22 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to say HTML and XHTML are diverging
21:34:10 [rscano]
http://ramikayyali.com/archives/2006/02/13/h1 (more h1 ...)
21:37:40 [rscano]
ok
21:39:08 [Andi]
resolution: accept "Modifications to H42: Using h1-h6 to identify headings" as modified
21:39:18 [rscano]
ok
21:40:09 [Andi]
topic: New version of F82: Failure of SC 3.3.2 by visually formatting a set of phone number fields ...
21:44:13 [MichaelC]
q+
21:44:30 [Loretta]
ack m
21:44:36 [GreggVan]
q+
21:44:55 [Loretta]
q+
21:45:11 [Loretta]
ack g
21:46:48 [Loretta]
ack l
21:47:51 [Loretta]
ack b
21:55:15 [Andi]
resolution: accept "F82: Failure of SC 3.3.2 by visually formatting a set of phone number fields" as modified
21:56:19 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 1.3.1: Using OPTGROUP to group OPTION elements inside a SELECT
22:00:43 [Andi]
action: David to add User Agent notes to the technique "Using OPTGROUP to group OPTION elements inside a SELECT"
22:03:11 [Loretta]
ack k
22:04:07 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 1.3.1: Grouping form controls with FIELDSET and LEGEND
22:06:01 [Andi]
resolution: accept "Sufficient technique for 1.3.1: Grouping form controls with FIELDSET and LEGEND" with modification to example 2 by Sofia
22:06:07 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
22:06:07 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
22:06:09 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
22:06:09 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, Ben
22:06:11 [GreggVan]
Q+
22:06:21 [Ben]
zakim, close agendum 1
22:06:21 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Announcements, Questions, and Updates, closed
22:06:22 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:06:23 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 10 Jan 2008 (#7+) <http://tinyurl.com/2g4yrh> [from Ben]
22:06:25 [Loretta]
ack g
22:06:27 [Ben]
zakim, close agendum 2
22:06:27 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Miscellaneous Proposals for 10 Jan 2008 (#7+) <http://tinyurl.com/2g4yrh>, closed
22:06:29 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
22:06:30 [Zakim]
3. Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080117misc/> [from Ben]
22:06:34 [Andi]
action: Sofia to modify example 2 in technique "Grouping form controls with FIELDSET and LEGEND"
22:06:41 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
22:06:41 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080117misc/>" taken up [from Ben]
22:07:20 [Ben]
agenda?
22:07:21 [Loretta]
q+
22:07:25 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:08:40 [Ben]
agenda+ CSS Techniques for SC 1.4.5 and SC 1.4.9
22:08:46 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
22:08:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "CSS Techniques for SC 1.4.5 and SC 1.4.9" taken up [from Ben]
22:08:58 [Sofia]
q+
22:09:04 [Loretta]
ack l
22:09:47 [Loretta]
ack s
22:12:19 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:12:26 [Andi]
topic: SC 1.4.5, 1.4.9 Sufficient Technique: "Using CSS to control visual presentation of text"
22:13:12 [Andi]
resolution: instead of all of the dvisory techniques proposed on this survey, have one CSS technique on using CSS to control visual presentation with these proposed techniques as examples
22:13:33 [Andi]
action: Sofia to develop the technique on "using CSS to control visual presentation of text"
22:13:39 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
22:13:39 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
22:13:40 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
22:13:41 [Zakim]
3. Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080117misc/> [from Ben]
22:13:47 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:13:51 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
22:13:51 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 17 Jan 2008 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080117misc/>" taken up [from Ben]
22:14:58 [Andi]
topic: Comparison of WCAG 1.0 Checkpoints to WCAG 2.0
22:16:04 [GreggVan]
q+
22:16:29 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
22:16:29 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
22:17:11 [Loretta]
ack g
22:20:44 [Andi]
resolution: accept comparison of WCAG 1.0 checkpoints to WCAG 2.0 as modified
22:20:52 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
22:20:52 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
22:21:05 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
22:21:11 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
22:21:11 [Andi]
topic: Issue 2274: use accessibility-supported technologies
22:28:50 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:29:39 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
22:30:32 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:33:34 [Andi]
resolution: accept issue 2274 as revised
22:34:37 [Andi]
topic: Issue 2289: distinction between blinking and flashing still isn't clear
22:34:45 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2289 as proposed
22:34:59 [Andi]
topic: Issue 2293: Please clarify 3.1.4
22:35:11 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:36:50 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2293 as proposed
22:36:51 [Sofia]
q+
22:37:48 [Sofia]
q-
22:38:33 [Loretta]
ack k
22:38:52 [Loretta]
q+
22:41:01 [Andi]
topic: Issue 2373: doing a little more for people with cognitive limitations
22:41:34 [Andi]
action: Bruce to draft a failure for alt text that is not equivalent
22:41:43 [Andi]
keep 2373 open
22:44:34 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2379, 2380, 2381, 2382, 2383 as proposed and 2384 as amended by unanimous consent
22:47:00 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:47:01 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:47:02 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
22:47:03 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:47:04 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:47:05 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:47:06 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
22:47:07 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:47:08 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:47:10 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:47:12 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:47:14 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.240.855.aaaa, Cooper, Roberto_Scano, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Bengt_Farre, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Tim_Boland,
22:47:16 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andi_Snow_Weaver, +0321632aabb, Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Alex_Li
22:47:34 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:04:30 [Loretta]
zakim, bye
23:04:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:04:39 [Loretta]
rrsagent, make log public
23:04:49 [Loretta]
rrsagent, draft minutes
23:04:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-minutes.html Loretta
23:05:14 [Ben]
zakim, bye
23:05:31 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to look for more sign language resources [1]
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-irc#T21-19-10
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to add User Agent notes to the technique "Using OPTGROUP to group OPTION elements inside a SELECT" [2]
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-00-43
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sofia to modify example 2 in technique "Grouping form controls with FIELDSET and LEGEND" [3]
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-06-34
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sofia to develop the technique on "using CSS to control visual presentation of text" [4]
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-13-33
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bruce to draft a failure for alt text that is not equivalent [5]
23:05:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-wai-wcag-irc#T22-41-34