IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-01-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:57:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:57:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-wai-wcag-irc
20:57:22 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:57:36 [Ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:59:06 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:15 [Ben_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008JanMar/0014.html
20:59:26 [Ben_]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:59:33 [Ben_]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:59:54 [Ben_]
Agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
21:00:11 [Ben_]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 10 Jan 2008 <http://tinyurl.com/364tbe>
21:01:15 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:52 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:03:16 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:04 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:04:09 [Ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:04:09 [Zakim]
sorry, Ben_, I don't know what conference this is
21:04:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Loretta, David, awk, Sofia, Andi, RRSAgent, Zakim, Christophe, Ben_, bengt, MichaelC_RDU, rscano
21:04:34 [bengt]
zakim, this is wai_wcag
21:04:34 [Zakim]
ok, bengt; that matches WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
21:04:45 [Ben_]
zakim, this is WAI_WCAG
21:04:45 [Zakim]
Ben_, this was already WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
21:04:46 [Zakim]
ok, Ben_; that matches WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
21:04:52 [Ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone
21:04:52 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Ben_
21:04:57 [Ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:04:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P4, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Bruce_Bailey, +5455aaaa, Alex_Li, David_MacDonald, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland, ??P3, Sofia_Celic, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:05:01 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:05:08 [rscano]
zakim, [IPcaller is Roberto_Scano
21:05:08 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
21:05:14 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
21:05:14 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
21:05:16 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P3 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:05:16 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:05:19 [Zakim]
+??P10
21:05:21 [Ben_]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
21:05:21 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
21:05:32 [Zakim]
+??P11
21:05:37 [bengt]
zakim, ??P11 is Bengt_Farre
21:05:37 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:05:51 [Christophe]
zakim, ??P10 is Christophe_Strobbe
21:05:51 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
21:09:38 [Loretta]
ack b
21:09:54 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:10:49 [awk]
q+
21:10:54 [David]
q+
21:10:58 [awk]
q-
21:11:17 [awk]
Q+
21:11:29 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P4 is Katie_Haritos_Shea
21:11:29 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos_Shea; got it
21:11:44 [Ben_]
ack ??P4
21:11:50 [Ben_]
ack David
21:11:56 [Ben_]
ack Tim
21:12:00 [Loretta]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:12:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos_Shea, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Bruce_Bailey, +5455aaaa, Alex_Li, David_MacDonald, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Sofia_Celic,
21:12:03 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Scano, Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre
21:12:04 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
21:12:26 [Ben_]
ack awk
21:12:47 [Ben_]
zakim, +5455aaaa is Sean_Hayes
21:12:47 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
21:14:06 [Ben_]
scribe: Sofia
21:14:15 [Ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 1
21:14:15 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Ben_]
21:16:12 [GreggVan]
GreggVan has joined #wai-wcag
21:17:11 [Loretta]
regrets: Drew LaHart
21:19:20 [Ben_]
zakim, close this item
21:19:20 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
21:19:21 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
21:19:22 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 10 Jan 2008 <http://tinyurl.com/364tbe> [from Ben_]
21:19:24 [Ben_]
zakim, take up agendum 2
21:19:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 10 Jan 2008 <http://tinyurl.com/364tbe>" taken up [from Ben_]
21:19:54 [Sofia]
Topic: Advisory technique for 1.1.1: Using CSS margin and padding rules instead of spacer images
21:22:04 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: accept as revised
21:22:23 [Sofia]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.1.2: Providing a viewport to a live text service ...
21:23:20 [awk]
q+
21:23:32 [Loretta]
ack a
21:24:40 [Ben_]
q+
21:25:58 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:27:16 [awk]
I got booted off the call and now it won't let me back
21:27:44 [Ben_]
Andrew, you may need to dial 0 to get an operator to help
21:27:54 [awk]
does Zakim call out?
21:28:34 [AndiSnow]
AndiSnow has joined #wai-wcag
21:28:42 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:34:26 [Sofia]
Action: Bruce and Andrew to revise this technique.
21:35:50 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: send to Bruce and Andrew with suggestions already incorporated
21:36:08 [Sofia]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.1.2: Providing a link to a transcript of a prepared statement ...
21:38:27 [awk]
q+
21:42:48 [awk]
q+
21:46:38 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: Accept as revised
21:46:54 [Sofia]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 2.2.2: Setting animated gif images to stop blinking after n cycles ...
21:48:46 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
21:49:00 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
21:49:38 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: Accept as revised
21:49:50 [Sofia]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 2.4.1: Providing a link to "jump to top of page" ...
21:54:36 [awk]
q+
21:54:59 [Ben_]
q-
21:55:10 [Loretta]
ack a
22:01:04 [Sofia]
Action: Loretta and Andrew to discuss skip to top of page technique
22:02:33 [Loretta]
ack b
22:05:15 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:06:02 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:09:37 [Loretta]
ack b
22:10:12 [Loretta]
ack a
22:10:53 [Christophe]
q+
22:11:03 [Loretta]
ack c
22:13:37 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
22:14:40 [Loretta]
ack a
22:14:55 [David]
q+
22:15:02 [Loretta]
ack k
22:15:49 [Loretta]
ack d
22:18:25 [Loretta]
ack [M
22:18:46 [Ben_]
zakim, [Microsoft] is Cynthia_Shelly
22:18:46 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
22:23:41 [Loretta]
zakim, who is on the phone
22:23:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Loretta
22:24:09 [Loretta]
zakim, who is on the phone?
22:24:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos_Shea, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Sean_Hayes, Alex_Li, David_MacDonald, Tim_Boland, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Sofia_Celic, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
22:24:12 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Bruce_Bailey, Cynthia_Shelly
22:24:13 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
22:25:13 [Ben_]
regrets+ Roberto_Ellero
22:31:09 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: leave open
22:31:24 [Sofia]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 2.4.1: Using an expandable and collapsable menu
22:33:01 [Ben_]
q+
22:33:40 [Loretta]
ack b
22:34:52 [AndiSnow]
gotta go - talk to you all next week
22:35:02 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
22:35:15 [Sofia]
Action: Loretta and Cynthia to work on the expand and collapse menu techniques
22:35:18 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:35:20 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos_Shea
22:35:20 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:35:23 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:35:24 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:35:24 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:35:25 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:35:25 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:35:27 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:35:29 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:35:32 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:35:34 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: leave open
22:35:44 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:36:10 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:36:11 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:36:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were Andi_Snow_Weaver, Bruce_Bailey, Alex_Li, David_MacDonald, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, [IPcaller], Roberto_Scano, Ben_Caldwell,
22:36:15 [Zakim]
... Bengt_Farre, Christophe_Strobbe, Katie_Haritos_Shea, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly
22:36:19 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:36:49 [Ben_]
zakim, bye
22:36:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:37:06 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, bye
22:37:06 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:37:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bruce and Andrew to revise this technique. [1]
22:37:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-wai-wcag-irc#T21-34-26
22:37:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta and Andrew to discuss skip to top of page technique [2]
22:37:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-wai-wcag-irc#T22-01-04
22:37:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta and Cynthia to work on the expand and collapse menu techniques [3]
22:37:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-wai-wcag-irc#T22-35-15