IRC log of html-wg on 2008-01-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:57:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:57:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-html-wg-irc
16:57:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
16:58:24 [DanC]
agenda + Convene HTML WG teleconference of 2007-01-10T17:00:00Z for up to 60 min
17:00:54 [MikeSmith]
trackbot-ng, start meeting
17:00:56 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:00:58 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be HTML
17:00:58 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
17:00:59 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: HTML Issue Tracking Teleconference
17:00:59 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 10 January 2008
17:01:06 [DanC]
Meeting: HTML WG weekly
17:01:12 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, who's here?
17:01:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller]
17:01:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Sander, aroben_, aroben, Lachy, beowulf, timbl, anne-mac, aaronlev, deltab, zcorpan, gsnedders, tH, ROBOd, anne, mjs, Thezilch, gavin_, MikeSmith, jmb,
17:01:18 [Zakim]
... Dashiva, DanC, krijnh, gavin, Shunsuke, jgraham__, xover, heycam, shepazu, Yudai, Philip, jane, Hixie, trackbot-ng, drry, hsivonen
17:01:19 [Zakim]
+DanC
17:01:24 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, IPCaller is me
17:01:24 [Zakim]
+MikeSmith; got it
17:01:41 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, who's here?
17:01:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MikeSmith, DanC
17:01:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Sander, aroben_, aroben, Lachy, beowulf, timbl, anne-mac, aaronlev, deltab, zcorpan, gsnedders, tH, ROBOd, anne, mjs, Thezilch, gavin_, MikeSmith, jmb,
17:01:46 [Zakim]
... Dashiva, DanC, krijnh, gavin, Shunsuke, jgraham__, xover, heycam, shepazu, Yudai, Philip, jane, Hixie, trackbot-ng, drry, hsivonen
17:01:50 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
17:01:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene HTML WG teleconference of 2007-01-10T17:00:00Z for up to 60 min" taken up [from DanC]
17:02:37 [DanC]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2008JanMar/0001.html
17:04:19 [DanC]
ACTION-14 continues
17:04:47 [DanC]
agenda + offline-applications-sql (ACTION-13 etc.)
17:05:34 [DanC]
agenda + aria-role (ACTION-23 on GR, etc.)
17:06:23 [DanC]
ACTION-32 continues
17:07:48 [DanC]
agenda + canvas requirement and charter (ACTION-38)
17:08:19 [DanC]
agenda + video-codecs (ACTION-39 etc.)
17:09:56 [DanC]
agenda + toward HTML 5 spec release (ISSUE-19)
17:10:07 [DanC]
Zakim, agenda?
17:10:07 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda:
17:10:08 [Zakim]
1. Convene HTML WG teleconference of 2007-01-10T17:00:00Z for up to 60 min [from DanC]
17:10:10 [Zakim]
2. offline-applications-sql (ACTION-13 etc.) [from DanC]
17:10:11 [Zakim]
3. aria-role (ACTION-23 on GR, etc.) [from DanC]
17:10:13 [Zakim]
4. canvas requirement and charter (ACTION-38) [from DanC]
17:10:14 [Zakim]
5. video-codecs (ACTION-39 etc.) [from DanC]
17:10:15 [Zakim]
6. toward HTML 5 spec release (ISSUE-19) [from DanC]
17:10:22 [hober]
hober has joined #html-wg
17:10:47 [DanC]
umm... we're below critical mass. I'm going to cancel in a few minutes unless a few more show up
17:11:25 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 6
17:11:25 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "toward HTML 5 spec release (ISSUE-19)" taken up [from DanC]
17:11:37 [DanC]
"30 answers have been received." -- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wd-html5-spec/results
17:14:28 [anne-mac]
Zakim, passcode?
17:14:28 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), anne-mac
17:15:02 [Zakim]
+anne-mac
17:15:10 [anne-mac]
Zakim, mute anne-mac
17:15:10 [Zakim]
anne-mac should now be muted
17:18:48 [DanC]
ACTION-24?
17:18:48 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-24 -- Gregory Rosmaita to suggest accessibility improvement for "Big issue" marker -- due 2008-01-10 -- OPEN
17:18:48 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/24
17:19:01 [ChrisWilson]
ChrisWilson has joined #html-wg
17:19:25 [DanC]
hmm... withdraw 24?
17:19:32 [MikeSmith]
action-24?
17:19:33 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-24 -- Gregory Rosmaita to suggest accessibility improvement for "Big issue" marker -- due 2008-01-10 -- OPEN
17:19:33 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/24
17:20:08 [DanC]
close action-24
17:20:08 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-24 suggest accessibility improvement for "Big issue" marker closed
17:23:01 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, phone number?
17:23:01 [Zakim]
I am sorry, ChrisWilson; I do not know a number for number?
17:23:24 [aroben]
aroben has joined #html-wg
17:23:26 [aroben_]
aroben_ has joined #html-wg
17:23:27 [DanC]
Zakim, passcode?
17:23:27 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), DanC
17:23:27 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, code?
17:23:29 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), MikeSmith
17:23:39 [dedridge]
dedridge has joined #html-wg
17:23:40 [ChrisWilson]
thx
17:23:49 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
17:23:54 [ChrisWilson]
Zakim, Microsoft is me
17:23:54 [Zakim]
+ChrisWilson; got it
17:23:54 [anne-mac]
Zakim, unmute me
17:23:56 [Zakim]
anne-mac should no longer be muted
17:24:09 [DanC]
Zakim, who's talking?
17:24:17 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, mute me
17:24:17 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should now be muted
17:24:20 [Zakim]
DanC, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: anne-mac (31%), ChrisWilson (12%), MikeSmith (30%)
17:24:45 [MikeSmith]
I'm muted now, so that echo ain't me...
17:24:58 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wd-html5-spec/results
17:25:37 [DanC]
Zakim, close this item
17:25:37 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
17:25:39 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:25:40 [Zakim]
1. Convene HTML WG teleconference of 2007-01-10T17:00:00Z for up to 60 min [from DanC]
17:25:47 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 1
17:25:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Convene HTML WG teleconference of 2007-01-10T17:00:00Z for up to 60 min, closed
17:25:50 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:25:52 [Zakim]
2. offline-applications-sql (ACTION-13 etc.) [from DanC]
17:25:54 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:25:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "offline-applications-sql (ACTION-13 etc.)" taken up [from DanC]
17:25:59 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda
17:26:14 [DanC]
ACTION-13?
17:26:14 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-13 -- Chris Wilson to talk to WebAPI and WAF WGs about their role in offline API stuff and how they work with and contribute to the discussion -- due 2007-12-13 -- OPEN
17:26:14 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/13
17:26:40 [DanC]
Zakim, mute me temporarily
17:26:40 [Zakim]
DanC should now be muted
17:26:52 [DanC]
Zakim, mute anne temporarily
17:26:52 [Zakim]
anne-mac should now be muted
17:26:56 [Zakim]
DanC should now be unmuted again
17:27:07 [Zakim]
anne-mac should now be unmuted again
17:27:14 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, unmute me
17:27:14 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should no longer be muted
17:27:30 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, mute me
17:27:30 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should now be muted
17:27:49 [DanC]
ACTION-13 continues for 2 weeks
17:28:07 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:28:07 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "aria-role (ACTION-23 on GR, etc.)" taken up [from DanC]
17:28:43 [DanC]
ACTION-23 continues
17:29:13 [DanC]
Zakim, mute anne temporarily
17:29:13 [Zakim]
anne-mac should now be muted
17:29:22 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, unmute me
17:29:22 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should no longer be muted
17:29:28 [Zakim]
anne-mac should now be unmuted again
17:29:38 [anne-mac]
Zakim, who makes noise?
17:29:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, anne-mac.
17:29:39 [DanC]
DanC: anybody know how many designs are in play?
17:29:50 [DanC]
CW: I think they're down to 1
17:29:54 [DanC]
DanC: details? pointer?
17:29:56 [DanC]
CW: not sure...
17:29:59 [MikeSmith]
anne-mac, who's making noise?
17:30:05 [DanC]
ack anne
17:30:20 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, who's making noise?
17:30:30 [Zakim]
MikeSmith, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: anne-mac (57%)
17:30:54 [DanC]
anne: I think we're done, yeah...
17:30:58 [DanC]
DanC: pointer?
17:31:07 [DanC]
anne: role attribute and [what?]
17:31:47 [ChrisWilson]
'role' attribute and "aria-*"
17:31:48 [MikeSmith]
aaronlev - has there been a final decision of a single set of markup for ARIA?
17:31:51 [anne-mac]
aria-'property'
17:32:06 [DanC]
DanC: is this in the html 5 spec?
17:32:08 [DanC]
anne: not yet
17:32:19 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:32:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "canvas requirement and charter (ACTION-38)" taken up [from DanC]
17:32:31 [chaals]
chaals has joined #html-wg
17:33:02 [DanC]
ACTION-38 continues
17:33:05 [DanC]
Zakim, mute anne
17:33:05 [Zakim]
anne-mac should now be muted
17:33:27 [DanC]
discussion between DC, CW continues re canvas and charter
17:33:30 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:33:30 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "video-codecs (ACTION-39 etc.)" taken up [from DanC]
17:33:41 [DanC]
action-39?
17:33:41 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-39 -- Chris Wilson to chairs to discuss action on video/audo codec and container with Philippe et al post the video workshop -- due 2007-12-20 -- OPEN
17:33:41 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/39
17:34:45 [aaronlev]
MikeSmith: yes, aria-'property' as anne said
17:34:55 [MikeSmith]
aaronlev - thanks
17:35:28 [DanC]
DanC: PLH and Chris L have the ball on this.
17:35:28 [DanC]
DanC: we could suggest something for the html5 spec meanwhile...
17:35:28 [DanC]
CW: what'st here now is OK
17:35:28 [DanC]
DanC: yeah.
17:35:31 [DanC]
close action-39
17:35:32 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-39 Chairs to discuss action on video/audo codec and container with Philippe et al post the video workshop closed
17:35:33 [DanC]
close ACTION-39
17:35:33 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-39 Chairs to discuss action on video/audo codec and container with Philippe et al post the video workshop closed
17:35:37 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:35:37 [Zakim]
I do not see any non-closed or non-skipped agenda items, DanC
17:36:26 [DanC]
Topic: next meeting
17:36:52 [DanC]
CW: regrets next week
17:37:13 [DanC]
DanC: ok, I'll chair next week
17:37:23 [DanC]
ADJOURN.
17:37:27 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:37:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
17:37:28 [Zakim]
-anne-mac
17:37:31 [Zakim]
-ChrisWilson
17:37:35 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
17:37:43 [Zakim]
-MikeSmith
17:38:04 [DanC]
Zakim, list attendees
17:38:04 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been DanC, MikeSmith, anne-mac, ChrisWilson
17:38:07 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:38:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
17:38:23 [chaals]
chaals has left #html-wg
17:38:53 [DanC]
Chair: DanC
17:38:55 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:38:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/01/10-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
17:39:13 [Zakim]
-DanC
17:39:15 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
17:39:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were DanC, MikeSmith, anne-mac, ChrisWilson
17:44:27 [laplink]
laplink has joined #html-wg
17:51:56 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #html-wg
18:00:05 [Lachy]
oops, I forgot about the telcon.
18:03:26 [timbl]
timbl has joined #html-wg
18:09:19 [smedero]
smedero has joined #html-wg
18:16:06 [Sander]
Sander has joined #html-wg
18:46:44 [zcorpan]
zcorpan has left #html-wg
18:56:53 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
19:00:37 [jgraham]
jgraham has joined #html-wg
19:11:24 [xover]
xover has joined #html-wg
19:23:31 [gsnedders]
gsnedders has joined #html-wg
19:50:49 [aaronlev]
aaronlev has joined #html-wg
20:01:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
20:18:26 [jgraham]
If anyone knows who is responsible for the html4all wiki (or is just on the mailing list) it might be nice to drop them a note suggesting they take some anti-spam measures
20:31:55 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
20:54:12 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
21:01:37 [adele_]
adele_ has joined #html-wg
21:02:44 [adele_]
adele_ has joined #html-wg
21:29:50 [gsnedders]
my organisation: flagging everything I need to-do/reply-to in email, even if it's just notification of a new comment on some social networking site :P
21:33:07 [Philip]
Oh, that reminds me that I marked an email as to-do a week ago and then forgot about it
21:43:20 [gsnedders]
Philip: I have one from 2005.
21:45:05 [Philip]
That sounds highly organised - all my emails from around 2005 are just in a folder named InboxOld, and the ones from around 2004 are in a folder named d302f378
21:49:50 [gsnedders]
yeah, my email is well organised… compared with this desk at least :)
21:50:18 [gsnedders]
Why do I always title my homework then procrastinate?
21:50:37 [Hixie]
the csswg continues to amaze me in their lack of ability to get it
21:51:09 [Hixie]
oh they know
21:51:21 [Hixie]
hell i've blogged about it and posted about it publicly at least twice
21:53:18 [Hixie]
oldest e-mail in my todo pile (also known as my INBOX) is from march 2004
21:53:39 [gsnedders]
anne: you mind if I procrastinate my revision for exams next week further by drafting something for XML5 charset detection?
21:54:00 [gsnedders]
heh. my second oldest in 2007. :P
22:35:04 [sbuluf]
sbuluf has joined #html-wg
22:53:50 [jgraham]
jgraham has joined #html-wg
23:27:53 [dedridge]
dedridge has left #html-wg
23:41:20 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
23:42:10 [mjs_]
mjs_ has joined #html-wg
23:57:58 [anne]
gsnedders, I'd advise to focus on exams instead
23:58:25 [anne]
s/'d//