Teleconference.2008.08.06/Agenda

From OWL
Jump to: navigation, search

Call in details

When joining please don't identify yourself verbally; instead, Identify Yourself to ZAKIM on IRC

Agenda

  • Admin (20 min)
    • Roll call
    • Agenda amendments?
    • PROPOSED: Accept Previous Minutes (23 July)
    • PROPOSED: Accept Boston F2F Minutes Day 1 (28 July) and Day 2 (29 July)
    • Action items status
      • Pending Review Actions
        • Action 171 Analyze and comment on Annotation_System_2 / Boris Motik
        • Action 175 Report back on names frameworks, naming options / Sandro Hawke
        • Action 190 Send email to WG about review responsibilities for forthcoming working drafts / Ian Horrocks
        • Action 191 Solicit RPI reviews of key documents / Jie Bao
        • Action 176 Draft a comment on XML Schema Datatypes 1.1 draft / Peter Patel-Schneider
      • Due and overdue Actions
        • Action 162 Investigate top/bottom roles in dl-lite / Diego Calvanese
        • Action 165 Investigate easy keys in dl-lite / Diego Calvanese
        • Action 150 Initiate discussion with RIF WG and try to reach consensus / Jie Bao
        • Action 170 Analyze and comment on Annotation_System_2 / Bijan Parsia
        • Action 169 Ask Deb about nesting level of annotations on annotations / Alan Ruttenberg
        • Action 168 Test our documents for accessibility with Robert Stevens / Bijan Parsia
        • Action 173 Investigate Boris' IEEE reference, re linking floating point to real numbers / Alan Ruttenberg
        • Action 174 Provide an rdf serialization for his rich annotation proposal / Bijan Parsia
        • Action 178 Clarify what ISSUE-116 is about, considering splitting to clarify / Michael Schneider
  • Outcomes of and actions from Boston F2F (40 min)
    • Datatypes
      • Issue 132 (Replace usage of "constant" with "literal" as defined by RDF and XML) resolved as per Boris's email
      • Issue 126 (The list of normative datatypes should be revisited) resolved as per Boris's email
        • We will use owl:real(Plus) as the name for the real numberline (plus "extra" values)
        • The value spaces of xsd:float and xsd:double will be a subset of the value space of owl:realPlus (real numbers plus +/- inf, +/- zero, NaN). They will be discrete points in that space in line with XML Schema
        • Decision on rational postponed pending decision on N-ary (don't need rational if we don't have N-ary)
        • xsd:dateTime interpreted as XML Schema 1.1 time line; mandatory time zone for constants (applications may apply non-standard repairs); need to decide if this will be called xsd:dateTime or owl:dateTime (see strawpoll)
        • Structural equivalence of literals based on syntactic form
    • Annotations
      • Bijan and Peter will produce a "specification standard" document by August 20th.
      • Possible alternative based on Alan's proposal and Boris and Peter's paper
    • Profiles
    • N-ary
      • Bijan (?) will produce a "specification standard" document describing N-ary datatypes (see strawpoll)
      • WG will decide how much of this doc to include in main spec (from zero to all)
      • Anything left in N-ary document will be "optional" (roughly: MAY be supported; if supported SHOULD be as per this doc)
    • OWL Full
      • Already have a good draft of RDF-based Semantics; will be frozen for review by 19th August
      • Reviews from Jie, Peter and Zhe by 22nd August
      • Resolved to publish on or around 1st September
    • MOF Metamodel (see slides)
      • Generally liked, but some issues need more thought
      • Probably add it an an appendix to the syntax document
    • User Facing Documents
      • Reviewed snapshot of Quick Reference; still incomplete and not in card format
        • Deb and Elisa to produce reasonably complete PDF by first week of September
      • Reviewed first draft of Requirements
        • Good progress made; Vipul, Evan, Christine and Jie to update (making shorter and tighter) within four weeks
    • Test Cases
      • Some changes to test types needed (e.g., profiles tests)
      • Hope to have OWL-1 tests imported into wiki within 2-3 weeks
    • Manchester syntax
      • Idea is to publish as a note (not rec track)
    • Publication Schedule
      • On or about 15th September, publish new public working drafts of core docs, including: Syntax, Semantics, RDF-based Semantics, Mapping to RDF, Profiles, XML Syntax
        • plus, maybe, Primer, other UFDs
      • Reviews needed of all the above documents
        • reviews due by 8 September
      • Goal is to transition to last call at Cannes F2F in late October
  • Issues (25 minutes) - Address as many as possible during allocated time
    • Proposals to Resolve Issues
    • Other Issue Discussions
      • Issue 133 DL-Lite Profile modified to include UNA
      • Issue 109 What is the namespace for elements and attributes in the XML serialization?
      • Issue 130 Conformance, warnings, errors
      • Issue 104 OWL 1.1 DL does not have a disallowed vocabulary
      • Issue 118 Should bNodes in OWL 2 DL have existential or skolem semantics?
      • Issue 129 Desirable to have rdf:list vocabulary available for use in modeling in OWL 2
  • General Discussion
  • Additional other business (5 min)

Next Week(s)

Regrets

back to Meetings