See also: IRC log
- Boris Motik, Evan Wallace, Sandro Hawke, Jeff Pan, Rinke Hoekstra, Zhe Wu, Ian Horrocks, Jie Bao, Jeremy Carroll, Bernardo Cuenca Grau, Alan Ruttenberg, Markus Krötzsch, Uli Sattler, Bijan Parsia, Achille Fokoue
- Peter Patel-Schneider (on a plane)
- Michael Schneider (traveling)
- Elisa Kendall (speaking at Semantic Technology Conference, see http://www.semantic-conference.com/ataglance/)
- Deborah McGuinness (also speaking at Semantic Technology Conference, by the way, the meeting is great!)
- Mike Smith (also at SemTech)
- Ivan Herman (SemTech)
- Carsten Lutz (traveling)
- Martin Dzbor (speaking at an outreach event in London)
- Ian Horrocks
- Jeff Pan
ADMIN (20 min)
Accept Previous Minutes
PROPOSED: Accept Previous Minutes (07 May)
RESOLVED: Accept Previous Minutes (07 May)
Action items status
Action 129 Done
Action 131 Done
Action 133 Done
Action 142 Done
Action 145: done
Action 146: done
Action 149: done
Ian Horrocks: any comments on Jeremy's review on RIF?
... any pointer?
Action 43: close
Action 139: continue
Action 143: continue
Action 112: continue
Action 144: close
Action 147: continue
Ian Horrocks: Jeremy's review on RIF
Alan Ruttenberg: get rid of stuffs that are not related to this WG
Ian Horrocks: any comments?
Jeremy Carroll: ok
PROPOSED: Jeremy's e-mail http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/0085 is official WG view, except point B
RESOLVED: Jeremy's e-mail http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/0085 is official WG view, except point B
General Discussion: Issue 97
Ian Horrocks: there is a written proposal from Sandro
Ian Horrocks: comments?
Bijan Parsia: agree with sandro in general
... GRDDL is not clear what are required though
... sandro's proposal is as good as anything else
Ian Horrocks: any comments on ording?
Bijan Parsia: parallel way is fine as long as it is clear
Ian Horrocks: not asking to come up with implementation might not be proper
PROPOSED: proceed on parallel version of Sandro's suggestion for handling GRDDL Issue 97, as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/0118.html
RESOLVED: proceed on parallel version of Sandro's suggestion for handling GRDDL Issue 97, as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/0118.html
Proposals To Resolve Issues
Issue 4 allow reordering in functional syntax, per Alan's email
Ian Horrocks: we could resolve this without taking any action
PROPOSED: Issue 4 allow reordering in functional syntax, per Alan's email
PROPOSED: resolve Issue 4 as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/0014.html
RESOLVED: resolve Issue 4 as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008May/0014.html
Alan Ruttenberg: some comments from SWCG
Sandro Hawke: seems that both OWL and RIF are working this
... which one comes up with a proposal will be the one
... need to have a join TF
Alan Ruttenberg: how about name space?
Sandro Hawke: there are some problem of RDF name space
(jeremy, could you summarise your comments please?)
Ian Horrocks: who else should be in the TF?
... besides sandro
Sandro Hawke: Boris has been working on the texts
Ian Horrocks: good to keep the process lightweight
Sandro Hawke: there is a dependency on the XML WG too
Ian Horrocks: could we agree on bijan's proposal?
Bijan Parsia: we could have a TF when people disagree
Ian Horrocks: who will work on this?
Alan Ruttenberg: we need to work out a solution for the namespace
Sandro Hawke: we could leave the namespace as an open issue
OWL functionality, not an RDF one, whereas the class of allinternationalizedstrings is possibly an RDF concept
Sandro Hawke: I heard bijan would like to act on it
are not defined and SHOULD generate a warning when encountered,but should otherwise behave normally.
Boris Motik: no opinion on namespace; also busy with other work in the WG
Alan Ruttenberg: anyone on call can work on this?
ACTION: Bao create a new document as the spec for owl:internationalizedString / rif:text, including open issue discussion of namespace
new document as the spec for owl:internationalizedString / rif:text, including open issue discussion of namespace [on Jie Bao- due 2008-05-28].
ACTION: jie bao to edit langed literal document
Boris Motik: OWL-R-DL support some QCRs
... OWL-R-Full should cover the same set of features
... To address Issue 123 only some editorial work is needed
People agreed that to address Issue 123 only some editorial work is needed
Issue 123: close
imports and versioning today out-of-order. This is a fresh issue that, given the recent discussion, might be gotten out of the wayquickly.
Bijan Parsia: the processing model is unclear
... adding more properties without semantics is worrying
Issue 123: close
Alan Ruttenberg: tend to agree with bijan
... not sure what to do with imports
Boris Motik: signal to tools are not needed
"it's just a syntax error" to give DL to an EL++ system --- of course you want to give the user a better error message, don'tyou?
Bijan Parsia: useful to distinguish DL and Full semantics
... also might be useful in some use cases
is that this is defined by the syntax itself. There is no need to say "this ontology should be interpreted as EL++": if it fallsinto the EL++ fragment, it is an EL++ ontology.
about "it's just a syntax error" to give DL to an EL++ system --- of course you want to give the user a better error message, don'tyou?
Uli Sattler: should not have any semantics; it would be helpful to signal sth
Ian Horrocks: continue discussion by emails
Boris Motik: this is not intended to be used by people
... mainly for some process in the background e.g. moving expressions from one side to the other
... so the complement is implicitly there and it should be in the language
Bijan Parsia: support it strongly
Ian Horrocks: too less time to allow detailed discussions on the remaining actions
(better next time then)
Bijan Parsia: any plan for republication?
Ian Horrocks: should get the reviews first