Teleconference.2008.04.09/Minutes

From OWL
Jump to: navigation, search

These minutes have been approved by the Working Group and are now protected from editing. (See IRC log of approval discussion.)

See also: IRC log

Admin

Accept previous minutes?

Ian Horrocks: I looked, they seem OK
Evan Wallace: Minutes look OK

PROPOSED: Accept previous minutes (Alan)

Alan Ruttenberg: +1
Ian Horrocks: +1
Doug Lenat: +1

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.2008.03.26/Minutes

Martin Dzbor: +1
Zhe Wu: +1

RESOLVED: accept minutes

General Discussion

Outcome of Washington F2F

Alan Ruttenberg: any questions or thoughts about F2F2?

Michael Schneider: what about raised issues?
Michael Schneider: and all the new issues raised


Alan Ruttenberg: issues raised as a consequence of f2f business will be accepted.


Michael Schneider: issues 112, 114, 115, 116 are *not* consequences of the f2f
Evan Wallace: Is there anything we need to talk about to fix publications?


Ian Horrocks: Sandro, what is the lastest position concerning publication?

Sandro Hawke: Needing go ahead from editors, otherwise OK

Sandro Hawke: Some editors being a bit silent.

Ian Horrocks: Boris is on holiday, so will be silent.

Ian Horrocks: Boris did his edits and left, and will not respond

Zhe Wu: asked question about intro to fragments/profiles

Zhe Wu: the new three bullets ...

Ian Horrocks: if Zhe is unhappy then we should delete this late change and leave editors note


Jeremy Carroll: I think that it is important to have these sentences even if they are said to be "non-consensus" [Scribe assist by Ian Horrocks]
Jeremy Carroll: Poor quality intro better than no content. [Scribe assist by Ian Horrocks]


Jeremy Carroll: could be put into an editors note [Scribe assist by Ian Horrocks]
Ivan Herman: +1 to jeremy_
Bernardo Cuenca Grau: I think there should be a small section in the primer discussing the profiles/fragments [Scribe assist by Evan Wallace]


Bernardo Cuenca Grau: this could be in primer, and perhaps not in this doc


Jeremy Carroll: I will step back if Zhe is stubborn on this!


Alan Ruttenberg: Zhe, can you suggest some repairs to this text?

Zhe Wu: but can the WG agree on any text in time.

Bernardo Cuenca Grau: in the profiles doc there is quite a few things that need to be decided (non technical)

Bernardo Cuenca Grau: The motivations relate to the names, we will need to discuss these issues

Bernardo Cuenca Grau: I think Carsten did a good job with the intro.

Bernardo Cuenca Grau: We could drop last sentence of each bullet point "... is suitable ..."

Michael Smith: +1 to Berndardo's suggestion as a path forward
Jeremy Carroll: 0 to Bernardo
Evan Wallace: +1 on Bernardo's suggestion
Ivan Herman: I think something should be present in both documents, actually

PROPOSED: For now, drop the last sentence from each bullet point in Profile's Intro. All of the form "...is suitable for...".


Ian Horrocks: Zhe are you happy with this proposed change.

Zhe Wu: yes

Zhe Wu: I like the intro, except for the "is suitable" sentences. [Scribe assist by Sandro Hawke]

Ian Horrocks: so we have consensus

Bernardo Cuenca Grau: yes

PROPOSED: For now, drop the last sentence from each bullet point in Profile's Intro. All of the form "...is suitable for...".

Ivan Herman: I think we also agree that the editors note from Bijan should stay

PROPOSED: For now, drop the last sentence from each bullet point in Profile's Intro. All of the form "...is suitable for...". (And keep in editor's note from Bijan)

Michael Smith: +1
Jeremy Carroll: 0
Evan Wallace: +1
Zhe Wu: +1
Bernardo Cuenca Grau: +1
Doug Lenat: +1
Ivan Herman: +1
Alan Ruttenberg: +1
Ian Horrocks: +1
Michael Schneider: 0
Martin Dzbor: 0


Diego Calvanese: +1
Sandro Hawke: +0
Peter Patel-Schneider: +0
Jie Bao: +1

RESOLVED: For now, drop the last sentence from each bullet point in Profile's Intro. All of the form "...is suitable for...". (And keep in editor's note from Bijan)


Jeremy Carroll: Sandro will implement this as part of publication


Ivan Herman: question to Zhe, I found some small bugs in the rules

Zhe Wu: I have fixed these

Alan Ruttenberg: where can I find sotd


Zhe Wu: (the typed triple)

Evan Wallace: Have to go. Thanks again to chairs for a productive WG F2F in DC. Bye.

Ian Horrocks: The XML Serialization and Primer have bolier plate abstract

Michael Smith: I believe zhe removed in response to Carsten?

Ian Horrocks: The profiles doc has no boiler plate, but has editor's note

Zhe Wu: I think Carsten asked for it

Sandro Hawke: they all were the same, but someone complained

Peter Patel-Schneider: one can see who by looking at the history
Zhe Wu: Then Jie did the action

Alan Ruttenberg: let's take this off line

Michael Schneider: same bug in xml: its not in the sources


Ian Horrocks: not a huge issue, but a surprise


Zhe Wu: regarding abstract. Carsten added abstract.

Michael Schneider: zhe knows how to fix it - so fix it :)

Zhe Wu: & he thought boiler plate no longer needed

Zhe Wu: and I think Jie did it

Ian Horrocks: but it was agreed at some point that the boiler plate should be in all docs

Michael Smith: email confirming that description http://www.w3.org/mid/b6b357670804081149q7f677748l69bcbc3592287a67@mail.gmail.com

Ian Horrocks: in case a reader came to this doc first ....


Alan Ruttenberg: Sandro, can you fix this?

Zhe Wu: m_schnei, I don't know how to do it
Zhe Wu: sorry

Ian Horrocks: I will sort it now.


Alan Ruttenberg: are we frozen now, modulo changes discussed now.

Sandro Hawke: three sentences have gone

Ian Horrocks: abstract is changing now

Ian Horrocks: Abstract now restored to its former glory :-)

Alan Ruttenberg: Sandro, do you need anything?

Sandro Hawke: no ....

Sandro Hawke: do we want a comment date?

Sandro Hawke: let's go for four weeks

Ivan Herman: which mailing list for comments

Sandro Hawke: public-owl-comments

Alan Ruttenberg: UFDTF for Monday

Alan Ruttenberg: subject will be requirements doc

Alan Ruttenberg: Evan will work on this

Alan Ruttenberg: please send disiderata to requirements doc to list

Alan Ruttenberg: we want to narrowly address what justifies current spec

Alan Ruttenberg: largely a historical process

Alan Ruttenberg: last call before adjournment

Alan Ruttenberg: thanks to everyone

Ian Horrocks: Yes, thanks from me too!

Alan Ruttenberg: adjourn