CR Exit Criteria
Revision as of 16:29, 12 June 2009 by SandroHawke
The goal of the Candidate Recommendation (CR) phase is to demonstrate the existence of multiple interoperable and practically useful OWL 2 systems. As a minimum, the WG suggest that the following conditions should be met.
- For OWL 2 Full:
- Two different implementations of an OWL 2 Full entailment checker. Note that as per Conformance, these must be sound reasoners, but need not be complete.
- For OWL 2 DL:
- Two different implementations of an OWL 2 DL entailment checker.
- For each of the standard OWL 2 DL test cases, at least two implementations that pass the test and which claim to be conformant OWL 2 DL entailment checkers.
- For OWL 2 Profiles (EL, QL and RL):
- Two different implementations of an OWL 2 EL entailment checker, one of which can deal with very large ontologies
- Two different implementations of an OWL 2 QL entailment checker, one of which is implemented using (SQL) query rewriting
- Two different implementations of an OWL 2 RL entailment checker, one of which is implemented using rule-based technologies
- Some of these criteria depend on the OWL 2 test suite, which is expected to continue to evolve. For the purposes of these criteria, we will only consider "Approved" tests which are not "Extra-Credit", and which were approved before some cut-off date, to be determined later, some time during CR.
- The OWL specifications have dependencies on rdf:PlainLiteral (expected to go to CR with OWL) and XSD 1.1 Datatypes (currently at CR).