IRC log of forms on 2007-12-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:56:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #forms
15:56:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:56:31 [John_Boyer]
rrsagent, make log public
15:56:47 [John_Boyer]
Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
15:56:58 [John_Boyer]
15:57:03 [John_Boyer]
Chair: John
15:57:06 [John_Boyer]
Scribe: Leigh
15:57:13 [John_Boyer]
scribenick: klotz
15:57:25 [John_Boyer]
Regrets: MarkB, Charlie, Steven
15:57:36 [John_Boyer]
John_Boyer has changed the topic to: Agenda:
15:58:17 [wellsk]
wellsk has joined #forms
15:58:50 [jturner]
jturner has joined #forms
15:58:54 [Roger]
Roger has joined #forms
15:59:34 [unl]
unl has joined #forms
15:59:35 [Zakim]
HTML_Forms()11:00AM has now started
15:59:39 [Zakim]
15:59:42 [Zakim]
15:59:44 [Zakim]
15:59:45 [Zakim]
15:59:58 [wellsk]
zakim, who is on?
15:59:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, wellsk.
16:00:04 [Nick]
Nick has joined #Forms
16:00:09 [wellsk]
zakim, who is here?
16:00:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see John_Boyer, [IBM]
16:00:09 [Roger]
zakim, code?
16:00:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Nick, unl, Roger, jturner, wellsk, RRSAgent, Zakim, John_Boyer, markbirbeck, trackbot-ng
16:00:13 [Zakim]
the conference code is 36767 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), Roger
16:00:21 [wellsk]
zakim, [IBM] is wellsk
16:00:21 [Zakim]
+wellsk; got it
16:00:24 [klotz]
klotz has joined #forms
16:00:48 [Zakim]
16:01:00 [Zakim]
16:01:18 [Nick]
zakim, mute me
16:01:18 [Zakim]
Nick_van_den_Bleeken should now be muted
16:01:23 [unl]
zakim, mute me
16:01:23 [Zakim]
sorry, unl, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
16:01:38 [Nick]
zakim ??P8 is unl
16:01:42 [Nick]
zakim, ??P8 is unl
16:01:42 [Zakim]
+unl; got it
16:01:59 [unl]
hey nick, how do you know?
16:02:07 [Zakim]
16:02:15 [unl]
zakim, mute me
16:02:15 [Zakim]
unl should now be muted
16:02:21 [Nick]
you just joined after keith
16:02:48 [Zakim]
+ +34.91.2.aaaa
16:02:48 [Nick]
zakim, unmute me
16:02:48 [Zakim]
Nick_van_den_Bleeken should no longer be muted
16:02:56 [Roger]
zakim, aaaa is Roger
16:02:56 [Zakim]
+Roger; got it
16:03:06 [ebruchez]
ebruchez has joined #forms
16:03:15 [Zakim]
+ +49.308.3.aabb
16:03:20 [Nick]
zakim, mute me
16:03:20 [Zakim]
Nick_van_den_Bleeken should now be muted
16:03:31 [Nick]
zakim, unmute me
16:03:31 [Zakim]
Nick_van_den_Bleeken should no longer be muted
16:03:32 [jturner]
zakim, aabb is jturner
16:03:32 [Zakim]
+jturner; got it
16:03:40 [Nick]
zakim, mute me
16:03:40 [Zakim]
Nick_van_den_Bleeken should now be muted
16:03:43 [Zakim]
16:03:45 [jturner]
zakim, mute me
16:03:45 [Zakim]
jturner should now be muted
16:03:55 [ebruchez]
zakim, ??P17 is ebruchez
16:03:55 [Zakim]
+ebruchez; got it
16:03:58 [Rafael]
Rafael has joined #forms
16:04:01 [Roger]
zakim, Roger has Rafael
16:04:01 [Zakim]
+Rafael; got it
16:04:18 [Zakim]
16:04:45 [Nick]
raman it is keith
16:05:12 [John_Boyer]
16:05:27 [Nick]
John, you are all static
16:10:28 [Nick]
16:10:35 [Nick]
16:10:52 [John_Boyer]
Topic: Access Control WD Review
16:11:10 [John_Boyer]
16:11:30 [John_Boyer]
John_Boyer has left #forms
16:11:37 [Nick]
klotz: It will affect us, it solves security problems with GET, PUT
16:11:38 [John_Boyer]
John_Boyer has joined #forms
16:12:35 [Nick]
klotz: Lets you configure what resources can be reached from this resource, using HTTP headers and PI's
16:13:24 [Nick]
klotz: It looks a bit weak, and will not enable mashups, because these others URI's need to specify what is allowed
16:13:40 [Nick]
klotz: We could ask if they use XForms as a test case
16:14:13 [Nick]
klotz: I want some input from implementers, bcz I'm not a real expert on this
16:14:38 [Nick]
klotz: They are moving forward fast, so the time to respond is limited
16:16:15 [Nick]
klotz: the problem is that the client checks the security, no tickets, tokens, so it is weak
16:16:37 [Nick]
john: how can they increase their security
16:17:03 [Nick]
klotz: I don't want to comment on this, it seems that this is what they want to solve
16:18:06 [Nick]
klotz: XForms implementations should check if they could implement it and give feedback
16:18:19 [Zakim]
16:18:22 [Nick]
klotz: explains how it works
16:19:43 [Nick]
klotz: before a POST you do a get to check security
16:21:03 [Nick]
john: what if the server doesn't implement the GET
16:21:15 [Nick]
klotz: then you can not access this resource
16:21:49 [Nick]
john: do they only check if you try to cross a domain boundary
16:21:58 [Nick]
klotz: yes indeed
16:24:07 [Nick]
John: If we implement it we should do a GET before a POST
16:24:52 [Nick]
John: So we need to consider it in a future version in the submission model
16:25:49 [Nick]
klotz: we need ensure that if it is done, we can incorporate it
16:27:15 [Nick]
John: Do you want to post your e-mail
16:27:30 [Nick]
klotz: I want an implementer to look at it
16:28:01 [Nick]
klotz: I think MarkB or Aaron should look at it
16:28:31 [Nick]
John: We could ask Aaron to join a future call
16:29:05 [Nick]
klotz: I will send a response and say that we are working on it
16:29:23 [Nick]
john: Would you cross post it to www-forms
16:29:50 [Nick]
klotz: What I have small points not appropriate for ww-forms
16:31:42 [John_Boyer]
16:31:48 [John_Boyer]
Topic: Future Features
16:32:33 [klotz]
ACTION: Leigh Klotz to post updated message on access-control to comments list, and indicate that we continue to study the isssue.
16:32:33 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-436 - Klotz to post updated message on access-control to comments list, and indicate that we continue to study the isssue. [on Leigh Klotz, Jr. - due 2007-12-19].
16:33:07 [klotz]
Thanks, Nick.
16:34:05 [Nick]
zakim, unmute me
16:34:05 [Zakim]
Nick_van_den_Bleeken should no longer be muted
16:36:34 [John_Boyer]
17:01:37 [jturner]
schnitz here, belated regrets, and happy X-mas
17:02:50 [klotz]
RESOLUTION: We add something like "simplify and provide use cases for UI events and model events" on the list of five things for XForms 1.1.
17:03:17 [Zakim]
17:03:18 [Zakim]
17:03:19 [Zakim]
17:03:21 [Zakim]
17:03:23 [Zakim]
17:03:24 [Zakim]
17:03:24 [Zakim]
17:03:32 [wellsk]
wellsk has left #forms
17:03:50 [John_Boyer]
s/XForms 1.1/XForms 1.2
17:04:00 [John_Boyer]
zakim, who is here?
17:04:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jturner
17:04:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see John_Boyer, klotz, Nick, unl, Roger, jturner, RRSAgent, Zakim, trackbot-ng
17:04:08 [John_Boyer]
zakim, disconnect jturner
17:04:08 [Zakim]
jturner is being disconnected
17:04:11 [Zakim]
HTML_Forms()11:00AM has ended
17:04:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were John_Boyer, wellsk, Nick_van_den_Bleeken, unl, Leigh_Klotz, +34.91.2.aaaa, +49.308.3.aabb, jturner, ebruchez, Rafael, Raman
17:04:28 [John_Boyer]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:04:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate John_Boyer
17:04:33 [John_Boyer]
rrsagent, bye
17:04:33 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in :
17:04:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Leigh Klotz to post updated message on access-control to comments list, and indicate that we continue to study the isssue. [1]
17:04:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in