IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-11-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:17:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
21:17:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc
21:17:37 [bengt]
infront of invite
21:17:43 [bengt]
I did it now
21:17:51 [Loretta]
Thanks!
21:18:10 [David]
Action: test
21:18:14 [Zakim]
+Cooper
21:22:10 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007OctDec/0075.html
21:22:33 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
21:22:41 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:22:46 [MichaelC]
scribe: David
21:23:08 [MichaelC]
regrets: Roberto Scano, Roberto Ellero, Christophe Strobbe, Andrew LaHart, Sean Hayes, Sofia, Alex
21:28:26 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:28:30 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:29:00 [David]
action: Loretta to set an agenda item for next item to ratify actions taken at this meeting
21:29:57 [MichaelC]
topic: Miscellaneous Proposals for 08 Nov 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071108misc/results
21:30:14 [David]
topic: 1969
21:33:32 [David]
Resolution: not accepted, take response from michael's survey question or see bug 1969
21:33:47 [David]
Topic: 2356
21:38:34 [David]
We believe Horizontal scrolling is an accessibility issue. At level 3 we are aiming for accessibility without assistive technology (direct access) It's an issue for low vision users not not using AT, Cognitive.
21:42:55 [David]
Suggestion: modify SC 1.4.8 horizontal scroll exception if one word is wider than the viewport causing Horizonal scroll.
21:43:14 [David]
s/Horizonal/Horizontal
21:45:46 [David]
action: David to check for resources of 1.5 space.
21:49:32 [David]
action: David to propose response to 2356
21:49:51 [MichaelC]
topic: Miscellaneous Proposals for 15 Nov 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071115misc/results
21:52:00 [David]
Topic: Proposal to Remove SC from Failure titles
21:52:52 [Loretta]
David, are you still there?
21:53:08 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:53:13 [MichaelC]
RESOLUTION: do not change failure titles
21:53:30 [MichaelC]
action: Michael to make sure SC references in failure titles are correct for this draft
21:54:30 [MichaelC]
topic: Issue 1933: asking the entire web to become authors for those who do not comprehend English
21:55:17 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald.a
21:55:28 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:55:50 [David]
test
21:57:23 [David]
resolution: accept 1933 as amended
21:57:51 [David]
TOpic: 2054
22:01:30 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
22:03:30 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
22:03:37 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald.aa
22:04:25 [David]
Resolution: 2054 accepted as amended
22:06:07 [David]
Topic: 2029
22:06:18 [David]
Resolution: Accept 2029 unanimous
22:06:29 [David]
Topic: 2034
22:06:55 [David]
Resolution: accept 2034 accepted as proposed
22:07:02 [David]
Topic: 2059
22:07:21 [David]
Resolution: Accept as pro0osed
22:08:05 [David]
Resolution: accept 2059 as proposed
22:08:17 [David]
Topic: 2361
22:08:40 [Zakim]
+Andrew
22:09:21 [David]
Action: Cynthia to add example to H42 of non-hierarchy headings
22:09:39 [David]
Resolution: Accept 2361 as proposed
22:14:32 [David]
Topic: Proposed Rewording for Second Exception of SC 1.1.1 (Non-text Content)
22:14:34 [Zakim]
-Andrew
22:20:54 [David]
The group felt that the ordered second exception was clearer and it also meet the disires of the cognitive community not to use inline lists.
22:22:07 [David]
action: Michael to apply Cynthia's comments formmating check 1.1.1
22:22:16 [David]
Resolution: Accepted Proposed Rewording for Second Exception of SC 1.1.1 (Non-text Content)
22:22:50 [David]
Topic: SC 3.3.4 Technique: Asking for confirmation before final submission
22:24:34 [David]
Accept: SC 3.3.4 Technique: Asking for confirmation before final submission as amended
22:25:09 [David]
Topic: Response from Jason White on Issue 1940
22:26:52 [David]
action: Loretta to propoose response based on survey comments to Accept: SC 3.3.4 Technique: Asking for confirmation before final submission as amended
22:28:10 [David]
Topic: Anrew's favorite Proposed Rewording for SC 2.4.3 (Focus Order)
22:32:44 [David]
put this topic on hold for 10 minutes go to next topic wait for Andrew
22:32:55 [David]
Topic: Failure of SC 3.3.2 by visually formatting a set of phone number fields but not including a text label
22:34:00 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
22:34:37 [Zakim]
+Andrew
22:35:19 [David]
Topic: Proposed Rewording for SC 2.4.3 (Focus Order)
22:55:48 [Zakim]
-Andrew
22:55:55 [David]
action: Andrew to review Proposed Rewording for SC 2.4.3 (Focus Order) and respond to list
23:00:03 [Zakim]
+??P4
23:00:22 [David]
Action: Cynthia and Loretta to look at intent section of Proposed Rewording for SC 2.4.3 (Focus Order) and respond to list
23:00:33 [bengt]
zakim, ??P4 is Katie
23:00:33 [Zakim]
+Katie; got it
23:01:04 [David]
Resolution: Put Proposed Rewording for SC 2.4.3 (Focus Order) and respond to list on hold
23:02:13 [David]
s/and respond to list/
23:02:37 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
23:03:14 [David]
Topic:Failure of SC 3.3.2 by visually formatting a set of phone number fields but not including a text label
23:03:29 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
23:11:37 [David]
Action: Cynthia to rewrite Failure of SC 3.3.2 by visually formatting a set of phone number fields but not including a text label
23:14:56 [Zakim]
-Katie
23:14:57 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelley
23:14:59 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:14:59 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald.aa
23:15:00 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:15:04 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:15:17 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop David
23:15:17 [Zakim]
'David' is ambiguous, MichaelC
23:15:24 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
23:15:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, David_MacDonald.a
23:15:30 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald
23:15:30 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald is being disconnected
23:15:32 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:15:34 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop David_MacDonald.a
23:15:34 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald.a is being disconnected
23:15:36 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:15:38 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre, [IPcaller], Cynthia_Shelley, Cooper, Tim_Boland, Andrew, Katie
23:15:45 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
23:15:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:15:49 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
I see 11 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: test [1]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T21-18-10
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to set an agenda item for next item to ratify actions taken at this meeting [2]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T21-29-00
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to check for resources of 1.5 space. [3]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T21-45-46
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to propose response to 2356 [4]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T21-49-32
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to make sure SC references in failure titles are correct for this draft [5]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T21-53-30
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia to add example to H42 of non-hierarchy headings [6]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T22-09-21
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to apply Cynthia's comments formmating check 1.1.1 [7]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T22-22-07
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to propoose response based on survey comments to Accept: SC 3.3.4 Technique: Asking for confirmation before final submission as amended [8]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T22-26-52
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to review Proposed Rewording for SC 2.4.3 (Focus Order) and respond to list [9]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T22-55-55
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia and Loretta to look at intent section of Proposed Rewording for SC 2.4.3 (Focus Order) and respond to list [10]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T23-00-22
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia to rewrite Failure of SC 3.3.2 by visually formatting a set of phone number fields but not including a text label [11]
23:15:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-wai-wcag-irc#T23-11-37
23:15:58 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag