IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-11-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:59:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/11/08-wai-wcag-irc
20:59:47 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
20:59:51 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
20:59:51 [bengt]
ok, Christophe
20:59:53 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
20:59:55 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg, Loretta
21:00:10 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007OctDec/0066.html
21:00:16 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:18 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
21:00:37 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 05 Nov 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071105misc/results
21:00:44 [Zakim]
+Drew
21:00:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.441.189.aabb
21:00:49 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:00:50 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 08 Nov 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071108misc/results
21:01:29 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
21:01:37 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:38 [Zakim]
+??P22
21:01:48 [bengt]
zakim, ??P22 is Bengt_Farre
21:01:48 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:01:53 [Drew]
zakim, who is on the phone
21:01:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Drew
21:02:03 [Zakim]
+??P24
21:02:06 [Zakim]
+[MIT342]
21:02:17 [MichaelC]
zakim, MIT342 is Michael_Cooper
21:02:17 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
21:03:06 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:03:06 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
21:03:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P2, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, +1.617.354.aaaa, Drew, Bruce_Bailey, +1.441.189.aabb, Cynthia_Shelly, Bengt_Farre, ??P24, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:03:15 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P2 is Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:03:15 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
21:03:32 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Tim_Boland
21:03:32 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
21:03:57 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:04:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, unmute +1.441
21:04:16 [Zakim]
+1.441.189.aabb should no longer be muted
21:04:23 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.441 is Sean_Hayes
21:04:23 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
21:04:24 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:04:33 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P24 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:04:33 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:04:38 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:06:12 [Zakim]
+??P30
21:06:18 [MichaelC]
regrets: Alex_Li
21:06:38 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P30 is David_MacDonald
21:06:38 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
21:08:34 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta
21:08:39 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
21:08:39 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:09:48 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
21:10:16 [rellero]
sorry for the delay I've had problems with irc
21:10:37 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
21:10:53 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:11:07 [rellero]
Zakim, [IPcaller is Roberto_Ellero
21:11:07 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:11:33 [Loretta]
ack b
21:11:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute David
21:11:58 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
21:12:26 [MichaelC]
zakim, unmute David
21:12:26 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
21:12:54 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
21:12:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 05 Nov 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071105misc/results" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:12:58 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:13:23 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:14:14 [MichaelC]
scribe: David_MacDonald
21:14:52 [awk]
q+
21:15:13 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:15:24 [Loretta]
ack a
21:16:58 [Loretta]
q+
21:19:19 [MichaelC]
topic: Issues 2118, 2228: Proposal for Focus-related Success Criteria
21:21:36 [David_MacDonald_]
David_MacDonald_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:21:53 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:23:08 [MichaelC]
q+ to say IRC is supposedly fixed now
21:23:49 [Loretta]
ack l
21:24:50 [Loretta]
ack m
21:24:50 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to say IRC is supposedly fixed now
21:25:01 [GreggVan]
GreggVan has joined #wai-wcag
21:25:10 [awk]
q+
21:25:22 [Loretta]
ack a
21:26:50 [Loretta]
q+
21:26:59 [GreggVan]
ack l
21:28:07 [David_MacDonald__]
David_MacDonald__ has joined #wai-wcag
21:28:36 [Loretta]
If a Web page can be navigated sequentially, focusable components receive focus in an order that follows programmatically determined information and relationship.
21:29:17 [Loretta]
If a Web page can be navigated sequentially, focusable components receive focus in an order that follows programmatically determined structure and relatinoships.
21:29:35 [Zakim]
+??P3
21:29:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P3 is David_MacDonald
21:29:50 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
21:30:45 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:31:37 [Zakim]
+??P3
21:31:45 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P3 is David_MacDonald
21:31:45 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
21:32:46 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:33:30 [Zakim]
+??P3
21:33:44 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P3 is David_MacDonald
21:33:44 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
21:33:46 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
21:33:46 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
21:35:31 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
21:35:45 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:35:45 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
21:35:49 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:36:05 [GreggVan]
If a Web page can be navigated sequentially, focusable components receive focus in an order that is consistent with the relationships betweeen the information on the page.
21:36:35 [GreggVan]
If a Web page can be navigated sequentially, focusable components receive focus in an order that is consistent with the relationships among the components on the page.
21:37:07 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
21:38:00 [awk]
q+
21:40:06 [GreggVan]
ack a
21:41:32 [GreggVan]
ack b
21:41:56 [Loretta]
q+
21:42:34 [Loretta]
q-
21:42:56 [awk]
If the order that components on a web page receive focus affects [use?], focusable components must receive focus in a logical sequence.
21:44:25 [awk]
q+
21:45:44 [Loretta]
ack a
21:46:46 [Loretta]
q+
21:49:29 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:50:26 [Loretta]
ack l
21:50:48 [MichaelC]
ack d
21:50:48 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
21:50:50 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
21:51:38 [Loretta]
q+
21:53:29 [GreggVan]
ack l
21:57:25 [awk]
q+
21:57:40 [Loretta]
ack a
22:02:21 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:03:33 [Zakim]
+??P8
22:03:47 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P8 is David_MacDonald
22:03:47 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
22:05:03 [Loretta]
Can we form a subgroup (again) on this topic? Andrew, Cynthia, Gregg, me, ????
22:06:53 [David_MacDonald]
action: andrew, cynthia ben gregg, Loretta, Andi
22:07:23 [David_MacDonald]
s/Andi/ Andi, to work on focus order
22:07:57 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: Images of Text
22:08:07 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:09:31 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation, text, rather than images of text, is used to convey information unless the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:11:06 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation, text, rather than images of text, is used to convey information except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:11:16 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:12:04 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
22:12:06 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation using text, text, rather than images of text, is used to convey information except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:13:17 [Loretta]
q+
22:13:20 [awk]
"When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation using text, then text is used to convey information rather than images of text. When not available, an image of text is used which can be visually customized to the user's requirements".
22:14:27 [Loretta]
q-
22:14:51 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation using text, text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:15:11 [awk]
q+
22:15:50 [Loretta]
q+
22:15:58 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation using text, text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information, except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:16:41 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve a desired visual presentation using text, text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information, except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:17:51 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve a specific visual presentation, text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information, except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:18:18 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported text formatting technology exists to achieve a specific visual presentation, text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information, except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:19:23 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported text presentation technology exists to achieve a specific visual presentation, text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information, except where the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:21:07 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported text presentation technology exists to achieve a specific visual presentation, either:
22:21:07 [GreggVan]
a) text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information, or
22:21:07 [GreggVan]
b) the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:22:19 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve a specific visual presentation of text, either:
22:22:52 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
22:26:04 [awk]
q+
22:26:12 [GreggVan]
ack awk
22:26:13 [Loretta]
q-
22:30:36 [awk]
q+
22:31:38 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:31:40 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:31:52 [David_MacDonald]
/me urghghg be right back
22:32:34 [Zakim]
+??P8
22:32:44 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P8 is David_MacDonald
22:32:44 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
22:35:04 [Loretta]
:-(
22:37:50 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
22:37:50 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
22:37:55 [MichaelC]
actions?
22:37:56 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
22:38:14 [Andi]
zakim, [IBM] is Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:38:14 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
22:39:08 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: New wording: When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve a specific visual presentation of text, either:
22:39:09 [Loretta]
ack a
22:39:09 [David_MacDonald]
a) text, rather than an image of text, is used to convey the information, or
22:39:11 [David_MacDonald]
b) the image of the text can be visually customized to the user's requirements.
22:39:13 [David_MacDonald]
DEFINITION
22:39:14 [David_MacDonald]
customized to the user's requirements.
22:39:16 [David_MacDonald]
set to the size, colors, and font family needed by the user
22:40:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
22:40:16 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, MichaelC
22:40:19 [MichaelC]
q?
22:40:25 [MichaelC]
ack b
22:40:31 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
22:40:31 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 08 Nov 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071108misc/results" taken up [from MichaelC]
22:41:21 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: Understanding SC 1.1.2 (Live Audio-only)
22:42:29 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept Understanding SC 1.1.2 as proposed
22:42:34 [Andi]
q+
22:43:08 [Loretta]
ack a
22:44:18 [awk]
q+
22:46:21 [awk]
Audio or video displayedin conjunction with other time-based content and/or with time-based interactive component that is required for understanding or use of the complete presentation.
22:47:34 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:47:38 [Loretta]
ack a
22:49:52 [Loretta]
ack b
22:49:54 [GreggVan]
ack b
22:51:03 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
22:51:23 [Loretta]
:-)
22:52:28 [awk]
Audio or video synchronized with other time-based content or with time-based interactive components that are required for understanding or use of the complete presentation.
22:56:33 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept definition of syncronized multimedia as amended.
22:57:26 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: 1992 Editors adopt and respond
22:58:12 [awk]
q+
22:58:18 [Loretta]
q+
22:58:22 [Loretta]
ack a
22:59:05 [GreggVan]
ack l
23:00:55 [awk]
q+
23:01:57 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:02:26 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
23:03:33 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
23:03:33 [Zakim]
sorry, David_MacDonald, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
23:03:48 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
23:03:48 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
23:04:38 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:05:08 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:05:50 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
23:07:42 [David_MacDonald]
Zakim, unmute em
23:07:42 [Zakim]
sorry, David_MacDonald, I do not know which phone connection belongs to em
23:07:51 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
23:07:51 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
23:09:45 [Loretta]
ack a
23:09:52 [awk]
q_
23:09:55 [awk]
q-
23:10:08 [Loretta]
ack q
23:10:24 [Loretta]
ack b
23:13:16 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: Andrew will respond to 2029
23:13:33 [David_MacDonald]
action: Andrew will respond to 2029
23:14:02 [David_MacDonald]
topic: 2034
23:16:52 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:19:00 [MichaelC]
action: Loretta to draft response to 2034
23:19:09 [MichaelC]
topic: 2059
23:23:36 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:25:24 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
23:25:32 [MichaelC]
action: Michael to write response to 2059
23:25:36 [MichaelC]
scribe: GreggVan
23:26:25 [MichaelC]
topic: 2059
23:27:41 [awk]
q+
23:27:52 [Loretta]
ack a
23:35:22 [GreggVan]
resolution: Gregg Van to write response based on discussion at meeting.
23:35:37 [MichaelC]
topic: 2043
23:37:41 [MichaelC]
action: Cynthia to propose edits to Understanding re 2043
23:37:48 [MichaelC]
topic: 2051
23:38:40 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Andi_Snow-Weaver
23:40:03 [MichaelC]
action: Bruce to write response to 2051
23:40:19 [MichaelC]
topic: 1933
23:40:53 [MichaelC]
action: Gregg to write response to 1933
23:40:57 [MichaelC]
topic: 1969
23:48:19 [Andi]
q+
23:48:27 [GreggVan]
ack a
23:53:58 [Zakim]
-Drew
23:54:42 [Zakim]
+Drew
23:57:22 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:57:41 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly