IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-11-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:51:54 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:51:54 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/11/01-wai-wcag-irc
19:51:58 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:52:05 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
19:52:09 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg
19:52:37 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007OctDec/0041.html
19:53:25 [MichaelC]
regrets: Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Ellero
19:53:40 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:54:05 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 25 Oct 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071101misc/results
19:54:15 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Status of issue review
19:55:41 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:18 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:00 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:07 [Zakim]
+Drew
19:59:52 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes
20:00:51 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:01:15 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:01:23 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:01:35 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:01:42 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:02:06 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:44 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.703.aaaa
20:03:24 [Zakim]
+Andrew
20:03:28 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:06 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:09 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:32 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:04:47 [Drew]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
20:04:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Drew, Sean_Hayes, Alex_Li, Bruce_Bailey, ??P6, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, +1.443.703.aaaa, Andrew, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, [IBM]
20:05:02 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:14 [awk]
I'm pretty sure I
20:05:21 [awk]
I'm supposed to scribe
20:05:57 [Andi]
zakim, [IBM] is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:05:57 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:05:58 [Loretta]
scribe:awk
20:06:31 [David_MacDonald]
scribe: awk
20:08:40 [GreggVan]
GreggVan has joined #wai-wcag
20:09:54 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:10:12 [Zakim]
+[MIT342]
20:12:30 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:12:30 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:14:40 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:15:17 [Zakim]
+Ben
20:20:30 [awk]
http://tinyurl.com/364xdf
20:21:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
20:21:13 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 25 Oct 2007 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071101misc/results" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:37:48 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute Tim_Boland
20:37:48 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
20:40:30 [awk]
q+
20:42:33 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:43:00 [awk]
zakim, who's on the queue?
20:43:00 [Zakim]
I see awk on the speaker queue
20:43:06 [MichaelC]
q+ to suggest "line height" or "leading"
20:43:42 [GreggVan]
ack awk
20:44:48 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:47:45 [GreggVan]
ack m
20:47:45 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to suggest "line height" or "leading"
20:48:53 [MichaelC]
ack me
20:49:21 [GreggVan]
ack a
20:57:27 [GreggVan]
Proposed edits
20:57:27 [GreggVan]
* foreground and background colors are selected by user
20:57:27 [GreggVan]
* width is no more than 80 characters
20:57:27 [GreggVan]
* text is not aligned on both the left and the right [LC-1253] [LC-569 (add)]
20:57:27 [GreggVan]
* line spacing is at least space-and-a-half within paragraphs, and paragraph spacing is larger than line spacing [LC- 569]
20:57:29 [GreggVan]
* text is resized without assistive technology up to 200 percent in a way that does not require the user to scroll horizontally
20:58:20 [GreggVan]
text is resized without assistive technology up to 200 percent in a way that does not require the user to scroll horizontally to read a line of text
20:58:34 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:08 [Zakim]
+??P7
21:01:29 [bengt]
zakim, ??P7 is Bengt_Farre
21:01:29 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:03:57 [David_MacDonald]
http://juicystudio.com/article/cognitive-impairment.php
21:04:46 [David_MacDonald]
no
21:08:54 [awk]
POSTPONE to end of meeting
21:10:33 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
21:10:33 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
21:14:41 [awk]
Topic: Issue 1957: Metadata and WCAG 2.0
21:22:20 [awk]
ACTION ITEM: Editors to look for new way to insert metadata reference into intro
21:23:24 [awk]
RESOLVED: Accept metadata proposal as revised
21:23:54 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
21:23:54 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
21:24:56 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Accept metadata proposal as revised.
21:27:18 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
21:27:18 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
21:27:42 [awk]
Topic: definition of Flash
21:27:57 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Accept proposal as revised
21:28:10 [awk]
Topic: Failure of 1.4.1 due to identifying required or error fields using color differences only
21:28:23 [David_MacDonald]
zakim,unmute me
21:28:23 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
21:30:06 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Accept proposal as amended
21:30:16 [awk]
Topic: Issues 2118, 2228: Proposal for Focus-related Success Criteria
21:30:28 [Andi]
q+
21:30:48 [GreggVan]
ack a
21:31:05 [awk]
Topic: Proposed SC 2.4.n (Focus Order and Visual Layout)
21:34:58 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:35:27 [Loretta]
Sofia, should we consider skipping to the last item while you are still here?
21:35:49 [Sofia]
if you want me here... :-)
21:35:57 [Sofia]
I have to go
21:36:52 [awk]
SKipping ahead. Again.
21:37:00 [awk]
Topic: SC 1.4.8: updated SC wording and CSS Techniques for styling text
21:42:08 [GreggVan]
ack c
21:42:19 [GreggVan]
ack c
21:49:28 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
21:49:39 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
21:49:39 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald was not muted, David_MacDonald
21:52:05 [GreggVan]
ack c
21:54:18 [GreggVan]
ack b
21:54:21 [Ben]
q+
21:54:26 [Loretta]
q+
21:55:56 [GreggVan]
ack b
21:56:23 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:57:01 [GreggVan]
ack l
21:57:04 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:57:06 [GreggVan]
q+
21:58:15 [GreggVan]
ack g
21:58:30 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
21:59:37 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:00:56 [GreggVan]
ack b
22:02:21 [GreggVan]
ack d
22:03:17 [GreggVan]
ack s
22:03:53 [Loretta]
q+
22:04:50 [GreggVan]
ack l
22:08:39 [Loretta]
When an appropriate markup language exists, use markup rather than images to convey information.
22:09:05 [Loretta]
q+
22:09:15 [GreggVan]
ack l
22:09:15 [Ben]
q+
22:09:28 [awk]
q+
22:09:50 [GreggVan]
acj b
22:09:55 [GreggVan]
ack bb
22:09:57 [GreggVan]
ack b
22:10:25 [GreggVan]
ack a
22:10:59 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
22:11:46 [Loretta]
When an appropriate accessibility technology exists to render text, use text rather than images of text to convey information.
22:12:40 [Loretta]
When an appropriate accessibility supported technology exists to render text, use text rather than images of text to convey information.
22:15:47 [Loretta]
When an appropriate accessibility supported technology exists, use text rather than images of text.
22:15:49 [awk]
q+
22:16:12 [GreggVan]
When an appropriate accessibility supported technology exists, use text rather than images of text
22:16:22 [GreggVan]
ack a
22:20:27 [GreggVan]
Use text that scales in size rather than images of text except where it is not possible
22:20:44 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:21:45 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists, use text rather than images of text
22:21:51 [GreggVan]
ack [microsoft
22:21:58 [Zakim]
-Andrew
22:22:06 [Loretta]
scribe:Loretta
22:23:04 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the desired affect, use text rather than images of text
22:23:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.613.806.aabb
22:23:51 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the desired visual affect, use text rather than images of text
22:25:32 [GreggVan]
ack b
22:30:14 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the desired visual affect, use text rather than images of text
22:31:00 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual affect, use text rather than images of text
22:31:25 [Zakim]
-Drew
22:32:13 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the desired visual presentaion, use text rather than images of text
22:32:38 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation, use text rather than images of text
22:32:45 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:36:10 [GreggVan]
When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation, use text rather than images of text to convey information
22:37:05 [Loretta]
Resolution: New Level AA SC: When an accessibility supported technology exists to achieve the visual presentation, use text rather than images of text to convey information
22:37:28 [Loretta]
Resolution: Accept 1.4.8 at Level AAA
22:39:22 [Loretta]
Resolution: use bullets 9editors to resolve Christophe and Sean's suggestions)
22:41:12 [Loretta]
Topic: Issue 2109: Text Readability (Success Criterion and Understanding Document) - discussion resumed
22:41:45 [Loretta]
Resolution: Proposal accepted as amended
22:42:46 [Loretta]
Topic: Proposed SC 2.4.n (Focus Order and Visual Layout)
22:44:16 [Ben]
q+
22:44:41 [GreggVan]
ack b
22:50:06 [Ben]
q+ to ask, "Does http://w3.org/WAI fail the proposed SC?"
22:53:54 [Loretta]
q+
22:54:00 [Loretta]
ack b
22:54:00 [Zakim]
Ben, you wanted to ask, "Does http://w3.org/WAI fail the proposed SC?"
22:54:20 [GreggVan]
ack l
22:57:29 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:58:33 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:07:13 [Loretta]
Action Item: Loretta to right technique for right-aligning items without reversing tab order
23:07:49 [MichaelC]
action 2 = Loretta to write technique for right-aligning items without reversing tab order
23:08:28 [Loretta]
q+
23:12:06 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:14:08 [Loretta]
q-
23:26:13 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:38:31 [Loretta]
Resolution: survey group with proposal: 1) change SC 1.3.2 as proposed, 2) keep current wording of SC 2.4.3, 3) add new AAA SC 2.4.n noted in wiki (needs editorial cleanup)
23:41:22 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
23:41:23 [Zakim]
-Ben
23:41:23 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
23:41:25 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
23:41:30 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:41:31 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:41:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were Drew, Sean_Hayes, Alex_Li, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Sofia_Celic, +1.443.703.aaaa, Andrew, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Michael_Cooper,
23:41:34 [Zakim]
... Cynthia_Shelly, Tim_Boland, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben, Bengt_Farre, [Microsoft], +1.613.806.aabb
23:41:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
23:41:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:41:38 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
23:41:38 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/01-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:41:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ITEM to Editors to look for new way to insert metadata reference into intro [1]
23:41:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/01-wai-wcag-irc#T21-22-20
23:41:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to write technique for right-aligning items without reversing tab order [2]
23:41:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/01-wai-wcag-irc#T23-07-13