IRC log of owl on 2007-10-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:02:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #owl
17:02:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/10/31-owl-irc
17:02:19 [alanr_]
All: 41# puts you on the queue
17:02:21 [sandro]
Meeting: OWL
17:02:25 [alanr_]
40# takes you off
17:02:34 [Zakim]
-??P7
17:02:43 [alanr_]
61# mutes
17:02:46 [alanr_]
60# unmutes
17:02:47 [zhe]
zhe has joined #owl
17:02:53 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.2007.10.31/Agenda
17:02:54 [bijan]
Uhm, a lot of the Eu people mimght be confused on this point
17:02:55 [bijan]
uli was too
17:03:40 [alanr_]
zakim, who is here?
17:03:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik (muted), ??P30 (muted), MartinD, Sandro, Fabien (muted), [IBM], Zhe_Wu
17:03:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see zhe, RRSAgent, bijan, bmotik, MartinD, Ratnesh, ew, Rinke, vipul, alanr_, dlm, Zakim, sandro, pfps, ivan, trackbot-ng
17:03:47 [sandro]
Adding topics after the fact is easy enough.
17:03:51 [Zakim]
+??P7
17:04:03 [Zakim]
+??P32
17:04:12 [Achille]
Achille has joined #owl
17:04:18 [alanr_]
q
17:04:20 [alanr_]
q?
17:04:35 [Zakim]
+??P33
17:04:36 [alanr_]
zakim, ??p30 is Jeremy
17:04:45 [Zakim]
+Jeremy; got it
17:04:45 [pfps]
zakim, ??p33 is me
17:04:48 [ivan]
zakim, ??P32 is bijan
17:04:51 [Zakim]
+pfps; got it
17:04:56 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:04:59 [Zakim]
+bijan; got it
17:04:59 [bijan]
am I muted?
17:05:03 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:05:11 [alanr_]
zakim, who is here?
17:05:13 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
17:05:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik (muted), Jeremy, MartinD, Sandro, Fabien (muted), [IBM], Zhe_Wu, ??P7, bijan (muted),
17:05:25 [alanr_]
PROPOSED: Accept Previous Minutes
17:05:31 [Zakim]
... pfps
17:05:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik (muted), Jeremy, MartinD, Sandro, Fabien (muted), [IBM], Zhe_Wu, ??P7, bijan (muted),
17:05:37 [Zakim]
... pfps
17:05:39 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.2007.10.24/Minutes
17:05:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Achille, zhe, RRSAgent, bijan, bmotik, MartinD, Ratnesh, ew, Rinke, vipul, alanr_, dlm, Zakim, sandro, pfps, ivan, trackbot-ng
17:06:56 [sandro]
Zakim, [IBM] is temporarily Achille
17:06:56 [Zakim]
+Achille; got it
17:06:56 [uli]
uli has joined #owl
17:07:02 [uli_]
uli_ has joined #owl
17:07:22 [MikeSmith]
MikeSmith has joined #owl
17:07:24 [alanr_]
RESOLVED: Accept Previous Minutes
17:07:42 [Zakim]
+??P0
17:07:54 [sandro]
Who just joined?
17:08:04 [sandro]
And who is here from DERI Galway -- Ratnesh?
17:08:11 [vipul]
Issues List: Migrated all issues from OWLED to Tracker
17:08:11 [Zakim]
+MikeSmith
17:08:19 [ew]
q+
17:08:23 [uli]
zakim, ??P0 is me
17:08:23 [Zakim]
+uli; got it
17:08:24 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/HowIssuesAreProcessed
17:08:24 [Ratnesh]
yes ratnesh
17:08:33 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/HowIssuesAreProcessed
17:08:40 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Issues
17:08:40 [Ratnesh]
Ratnesh from DERI Galway
17:08:50 [sandro]
Zakim, who is on the call?
17:08:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik (muted), Jeremy, MartinD, Sandro, Fabien (muted), Achille, Zhe_Wu, ??P7, bijan (muted),
17:08:53 [Zakim]
... pfps, uli (muted), MikeSmith
17:09:16 [sandro]
Zakim, ??P7 is Ratnesh
17:09:16 [Zakim]
+Ratnesh; got it
17:09:28 [jjc]
jjc has joined #owl
17:09:30 [Fabian]
Fabian has joined #owl
17:09:31 [sandro]
Zakim, who is on the call?
17:09:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik (muted), Jeremy, MartinD, Sandro, Fabien (muted), Achille, Zhe_Wu, Ratnesh, bijan
17:09:34 [Zakim]
... (muted), pfps, uli (muted), MikeSmith
17:09:55 [dlm]
is there a link to where we are being pointed to look?
17:10:07 [alanr_]
q?
17:10:21 [sandro]
Attendees: DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik, Jeremy, MartinD, Sandro, Fabien, Achille, Zhe_Wu, Ratnesh, bijan, pfps, uli, MikeSmith
17:10:23 [alanr_]
ack ew
17:10:27 [vipul]
Issues List: Evan couldn't find an Issue on the Issue List
17:10:48 [vipul]
Issues List: Evan asking about the completeness of the Issues List
17:10:48 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/open
17:11:23 [vipul]
Issues List:: Complete wrt google-code and OWL
17:11:31 [sandro]
q- ??P30
17:11:52 [vipul]
Issues List: Alan suggests adding issues that were not transferred should be added
17:11:53 [Fabian]
Why I am not on the attendees list?
17:11:56 [sandro]
ack Jeremy
17:12:15 [sandro]
Sorry, do we have Fabien here today, or only Fabian?
17:12:17 [vipul]
Issues List: Jeremy wants to migrate issues from the OWL comments list
17:12:18 [alanr_]
q?
17:12:29 [pfps]
pfps has joined #owl
17:12:34 [sandro]
Attendees: DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik, Jeremy, MartinD, Sandro, Fabian, Achille, Zhe_Wu, Ratnesh, bijan, pfps, uli, MikeSmith
17:12:35 [pfps]
zakim, mute me
17:12:35 [Zakim]
pfps should now be muted
17:12:49 [sandro]
corrected, Fabian.
17:12:51 [Fabian]
Thanks!
17:13:20 [vipul]
Less Technical Documents (LTDs): Would like to find User Facing Documents Task Force
17:13:21 [bijan]
q+
17:13:35 [sandro]
Topic: User-Facing Documents
17:13:42 [vipul]
LTDs: Documents such as OWL 1.0 Overview, Reference, User Guide
17:13:59 [Achille]
Achille has joined #owl
17:14:24 [sandro]
s/Less/Jeremy: Less/
17:14:25 [vipul]
UFDs: Reuse OWL 1.0 Overview to create OWL 1.1 Overview in time for the Manchester F2F
17:14:51 [sandro]
vipul, don't use "Foo: ....." unless "Foo" is a person's name.
17:15:04 [vipul]
UFDs: Work on the relating to features to requirements - Traceability Matrix
17:15:17 [vipul]
UFDs: Form a task force and report back to the main group
17:15:27 [sandro]
Jeremy: The proposal is to form a Task Force
17:15:56 [alanr_]
q?
17:15:57 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
17:15:58 [Zakim]
bijan should no longer be muted
17:16:03 [sandro]
ack bijan
17:16:04 [alanr_]
ack Bijan
17:16:31 [vipul]
Bijan: Objection: WG will consider these as publication tracks
17:17:12 [vipul]
Alan: Bijan's points - WG documents should not be the only outlet for the UFDs
17:17:34 [vipul]
Alan: What put to on XML page for OWL for instance
17:17:50 [Jeremy]
q+ to mention charter
17:18:02 [vipul]
Alan: Appropriate use of WG time .. making sure that this would not interfere with WG Tasks
17:18:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.774.aabb
17:18:07 [vipul]
Alan: Parallel track
17:18:17 [vipul]
Alan: Off WG meetings
17:18:45 [vipul]
Alan: Further approval of documents
17:19:19 [sandro]
(Who is +1.408.774.aabb ? )
17:19:24 [ew]
q+
17:19:29 [alanr_]
q?
17:20:02 [bijan]
q+
17:20:12 [sandro]
ack Jeremy
17:20:12 [Zakim]
Jeremy, you wanted to mention charter
17:20:21 [vipul]
Jeremy: Don't want to be not responsive to you
17:20:22 [alanr_]
deb next
17:20:29 [alanr_]
then ew, bijan
17:20:37 [vipul]
Jeremy: Hence called "Less Technical Documents"
17:20:59 [Elisa]
Elisa has joined #owl
17:20:59 [ew]
q-
17:21:06 [alanr_]
q?
17:21:08 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
17:21:08 [Zakim]
bijan was not muted, bijan
17:21:15 [vipul]
Jeremy: Charter Section 2 specifically taks about documents which all 5 of us want to produce
17:21:17 [sandro]
q?
17:21:25 [sandro]
q+ Deb
17:21:27 [alanr_]
q+ deb
17:21:28 [sandro]
ack bijan
17:21:36 [vipul]
Bijan: Variety of users
17:21:50 [vipul]
Bijan: Not objecting to producing variety of documents
17:21:51 [sandro]
bijan: "Outreach documents"
17:22:13 [vipul]
Bijan: That is the only or the best way to meeting the requirements of the WG charter
17:22:26 [vipul]
Bijan: Would like a discussion on this
17:22:30 [alanr_]
q?
17:22:46 [vipul]
Bijan: Need to sanction whether these are WG documents
17:22:50 [alanr_]
q+
17:23:03 [sandro]
Bijan: People working on these documents should understand that they might not become WG documents. They might not be how we meet the charter requirement.
17:23:11 [sandro]
ack deb
17:23:13 [vipul]
Deborah: Something like OWL 1.1 Overivew document out
17:23:28 [Jeremy]
No: Deb said OWL 1.0 Overview doc
17:23:38 [vipul]
Deborah: If disagreement about that ... we need a discussion before we put energy in it
17:23:39 [sandro]
Deb: If there is disagreement about whether we'll publish something like this, I'd want to hear that disagreement NOW.
17:23:41 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:23:41 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:24:06 [vipul]
Deborah.: OWL 1.1 Overview similar to OWL 1.0 Overview document?
17:24:43 [vipul]
Alan: OWL Overview is simple presentation of features
17:24:58 [vipul]
Alan: Goal is to produce something of that nature
17:25:16 [bijan]
I'll note that I have an interest in working on an Overview document
17:25:28 [vipul]
Alan: Goal of the traceability document is to have features related to a set of use cases in different domains
17:25:41 [vipul]
Alan: Demonstrate the value of OWL 1.1 over OWL 1.0
17:25:46 [pfps]
I am also interested working in an Overview document.
17:26:00 [vipul]
Alan: Issues with some features
17:26:05 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
17:26:05 [Zakim]
bijan should no longer be muted
17:26:40 [vipul]
Bijan: Overview document will be helpful
17:26:53 [vipul]
Bijan: Traceability committed to producing
17:27:16 [vipul]
Bijan: Not convinced that it is useful use of your time
17:27:23 [Jeremy]
q+ to address longevity
17:27:26 [vipul]
Bijan: Longevity problems
17:27:48 [vipul]
Alan: Have examples where documents didn't age gracefully?
17:27:59 [vipul]
Bijan: Implementation Reports
17:28:02 [alanr_]
q?
17:28:07 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
17:28:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DeborahMcGuiness, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik (muted), Jeremy, MartinD, Sandro, Fabien (muted), Achille, Zhe_Wu, Ratnesh, bijan, pfps
17:28:08 [alanr_]
ack alanr_
17:28:10 [Zakim]
... (muted), uli (muted), MikeSmith, +1.408.774.aabb
17:28:34 [sandro]
Zakim, DeborahMcGuiness is DeborahMcGuinness
17:28:34 [Zakim]
+DeborahMcGuinness; got it
17:28:47 [Fabian]
zakim, mute me
17:28:47 [Zakim]
sorry, Fabian, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
17:29:05 [vipul]
Bijan: Document like requirements document kept live would not be good
17:29:09 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:29:09 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:29:20 [Fabian]
I am afraid zakim mistakes me for Fabien. How do I change that?
17:29:22 [vipul]
Jeremy: Traceability is a short term document
17:29:31 [vipul]
q+
17:29:33 [ew]
+1 to Jeremy's comment
17:29:54 [alanr_]
ack jeremy
17:29:54 [Zakim]
Jeremy, you wanted to address longevity
17:30:01 [alanr_]
ack vipul
17:30:19 [bijan]
q+
17:30:26 [alanr_]
q+ alanr
17:30:41 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
17:30:41 [Zakim]
bijan should no longer be muted
17:30:46 [Jeremy]
Vipul: we can decide whetehr traceability has long-term value, in the future - we don't need to decide now
17:31:08 [vipul]
Bijan: Communicating to people now
17:31:22 [vipul]
Bijan: WD may not be the best way to do that
17:31:34 [vipul]
Bijan: Feature matrices are very useful for adoption, etc.
17:31:39 [alanr_]
q?
17:31:43 [alanr_]
ack bijan
17:31:46 [vipul]
Bijan: That gets stale over time
17:32:12 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:32:12 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:32:12 [vipul]
Bijan: Have some commitment that they could be updated
17:32:13 [alanr_]
q?
17:32:27 [vipul]
q+
17:32:27 [dlm]
whop yes i did
17:33:07 [dlm]
+q
17:33:11 [alanr_]
ack alanr
17:33:14 [Jeremy]
q+ to ask for action to convene next 'user facing' tf meeting
17:33:14 [alanr_]
ack vipul
17:33:59 [vipul]
Deborah: Is OWL 1.0 Overview is a big risk for becoming outdated
17:34:02 [pfps]
I'm not keen on an OWL 1.0 style document - it is rather long
17:34:06 [alanr_]
q?
17:34:10 [alanr_]
ack dlm
17:34:19 [bijan]
I would have attended the TF but it came up too quickly forme
17:34:25 [alanr_]
ack Jeremy
17:34:25 [Zakim]
Jeremy, you wanted to ask for action to convene next 'user facing' tf meeting
17:34:28 [vipul]
ACTION: Jeremy to convene the next UFD task force
17:34:28 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Jeremy
17:35:09 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Backward_compatibility_audit
17:35:19 [sandro]
Alas, Jeremy, you're not officially in the WG yet, so the tracker can't track actions on you.....
17:35:33 [bijan]
You can put it in my name
17:35:35 [vipul]
alan: Agreement requirement on the definition of backward compatibility
17:35:37 [alanr_]
q?
17:35:42 [vipul]
Alan: Task Force for Test Cases
17:35:44 [bijan]
And I'll delegate to my good friend jeremy :)
17:35:47 [Zakim]
+??P27
17:35:53 [Zakim]
-Jeremy
17:36:07 [sandro]
Zakim, ??P27 is Jeremy
17:36:07 [Zakim]
+Jeremy; got it
17:36:16 [bijan]
I can't hear jeremy very well
17:36:23 [vipul]
Jeremy: Its still a bit early to have the test cases
17:36:44 [Zakim]
-Jeremy
17:37:05 [alanr_]
q?
17:37:06 [Zakim]
+??P27
17:37:12 [bijan]
I missed soemthing
17:37:19 [Jeremy]
Zakim, ??P27 is me
17:37:19 [Zakim]
+Jeremy; got it
17:37:20 [vipul]
Alan: OWL 1.0 test cases should run and produce same results as a criteria for backward compatibility
17:37:22 [bijan]
alanr could you restate it?
17:37:29 [Elisa]
+1
17:37:30 [Achille]
+1
17:37:32 [vipul]
Sandro: Good starting point
17:37:34 [pfps]
actually some of the test cases *could* change as a result of the extended expressive power of OWL 1.1
17:37:42 [sandro]
Jeremy: Still too early to make new test cases, but not too early to think about how we want to handle them.
17:37:44 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
17:37:44 [Zakim]
bijan should no longer be muted
17:37:45 [bijan]
q+
17:37:55 [Rinke]
Cannot oversee the consequences of such a resolution
17:38:02 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
17:38:05 [Fabian]
Fabian has joined #owl
17:38:12 [vipul]
Bijan: Could be bugs in test suite
17:38:12 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (45%), Alan (5%), Vipul_Kashyap (5%), bijan (80%)
17:38:17 [Jeremy]
+1 to bijan
17:38:19 [vipul]
Bijan: Could be a good starting point
17:38:35 [sandro]
Bijan: It's a good starting point, but I wouldn't want to RESOLVE it, since we may want to break it in small ways.
17:38:54 [vipul]
Sandro: Poilicies around test cases
17:39:12 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:39:12 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:39:15 [ivan]
s/Sandro/Jeremny/
17:39:18 [alanr_]
q?
17:39:23 [vipul]
Sandro: Requirement that WG only approve tests that it regarded as correct
17:39:27 [bijan]
ack bijan
17:39:28 [alanr_]
ack bijan
17:39:35 [ivan]
s/Sandro/Jeremy/
17:39:38 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:39:38 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:39:50 [vipul]
Alan: Test case per wiki page
17:40:15 [bijan]
q+
17:40:17 [sandro]
scribe note -- Jeremy said there is NOT a requirement that the WG only apporove "correct" test cases.
17:40:18 [vipul]
Alan: Bias to write as many test cases as possible in the functional syntax
17:40:31 [alanr_]
q?
17:40:37 [vipul]
Alan: Cannot do a test case to check RDF mapping example
17:40:50 [vipul]
Bijan: In OWL 1.0, tests in some database
17:41:13 [bijan]
s/Bijan/Jeremy/
17:41:18 [bijan]
+1 to all syntaxes
17:41:25 [vipul]
Bijan: Can generate all possible syntaxes for the test
17:41:26 [bijan]
This is very easy with the OWL API
17:41:33 [bijan]
s/Bijan/Jeremy/
17:41:40 [bijan]
vipul, tha'ts jeremy, not me
17:41:42 [sandro]
EVERYTHING is totally programmable. :-)
17:41:48 [bijan]
zakim, ack me
17:41:48 [Zakim]
unmuting bijan
17:41:49 [vipul]
Alan: Wiki is programmable
17:41:50 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
17:41:52 [alanr_]
q?
17:41:52 [Rinke]
+1 to all syntaxes as well, seems weird to focus on the FS if we are still tinkering with it
17:41:58 [bmotik]
I aplologize, but I need to take a 3 minute break to attend to something.
17:42:24 [Jeremy]
q+ to mention problem with alternative syntaxes
17:42:28 [MikeSmith]
+1 to multiple syntaxes
17:42:45 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:42:45 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:42:49 [alanr_]
q?
17:42:54 [alanr_]
ack jeremy
17:42:54 [Zakim]
Jeremy, you wanted to mention problem with alternative syntaxes
17:42:58 [vipul]
Jeremy: Flexibility => Tool has a bug => Bug in your test suite
17:43:24 [sandro]
Alan: Trust But Verify
17:43:24 [vipul]
Alan: Explicit tests that tool translation matches the correct answer
17:43:27 [bijan]
We want to bootstrap any translators
17:43:40 [bijan]
You have a core set of tests about the translation (Alan suggested this
17:43:54 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
17:43:56 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.2007.10.31/TestCasesRequirements
17:43:59 [alanr_]
q?
17:44:01 [bmotik]
I'm back and I have bernardo on the speakerphone
17:44:05 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (11%), Alan (11%), Jeremy (32%)
17:44:18 [alanr_]
q?
17:44:37 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
17:44:48 [sandro]
ack sandro
17:44:50 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Alan (62%), Jeremy (25%), MartinD (5%), Ivan (9%)
17:44:56 [bijan]
Btw, for the interested, i started work on an OWL 1.1 tutoiral a long time ago, and I found a swoop like tabbed interface that I adapted: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~bparsia/2007/owltutorial/
17:44:56 [Jeremy]
(what about the RIF report???)
17:45:05 [bijan]
Might be fun for test cases
17:45:24 [bijan]
Or for examples
17:45:34 [vipul]
Alan: Dependency on another group on our charter - what are expectations and why does W3C do that?
17:45:45 [vipul]
Sandro: some interaction between the specs
17:45:59 [vipul]
Sandro: Implementor needs to understand both spects
17:46:12 [Rinke]
I like the tabbed interface!
17:46:13 [vipul]
Sandro: Bad thing for two specs to contradict each other
17:46:24 [vipul]
Alan: Have people to be liasions
17:46:36 [vipul]
Alan: communicate any changes
17:46:48 [bijan]
We have different groups,s ome are producing specs (like RIF) and others which don't (e.g., HCLS, at least not specs that affect us)
17:46:59 [alanr_]
q?
17:47:01 [bijan]
I'm on RIF and HCLS
17:47:07 [vipul]
Alan: Any volunteers for liastions
17:47:11 [ivan]
I am on SWEO
17:47:14 [bijan]
I could do RIF
17:47:17 [ivan]
sure
17:47:23 [Elisa]
I'm active in SWD
17:47:27 [ivan]
I am also on SWCG:-)
17:47:39 [bijan]
What's SWD?
17:47:47 [bijan]
Ah! Good
17:48:00 [vipul]
I could do HCLS
17:48:03 [bijan]
Also, several of us are OWLED steering committee members
17:48:18 [ivan]
note: both HCLS and SWEO will be rechartered early 2008
17:48:28 [Jeremy]
q+ to mention Stuart/TAG
17:49:15 [bijan]
Are they really relevant?
17:49:19 [ivan]
URW is an incubator group
17:49:24 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
17:49:25 [Zakim]
bijan should no longer be muted
17:49:32 [Rinke]
I think Anne Cregan is in the uncertainty thing
17:49:43 [ivan]
Rinke: yes, she is
17:49:56 [vipul]
Alan: Liasons with other groups - Bijan with RIF, Ivan with SWEO, Elisa with SWD, Vipul with HCLS
17:50:07 [uli_]
...and I think Jeff is as well in the uncertainty one
17:50:09 [ew]
Jeff Pan and others are members of Uncertainty XG
17:50:15 [alanr_]
q?
17:50:24 [Jeremy]
q-
17:50:26 [vipul]
Alan: Liasons with XML Schema and Uncertainty XG to be decided
17:50:28 [vipul]
q+
17:50:47 [ew]
+1 on user defined datatypes by any name
17:50:55 [uli_]
+1 to Bijan
17:51:18 [bijan]
zakim, mute me
17:51:18 [Zakim]
bijan should now be muted
17:51:21 [alanr_]
q?
17:51:21 [vipul]
Bijan: XML Schema group did not give OWL WG defined datatypes by name
17:51:38 [sandro]
XML Schema Participants: * BEA Systems, Inc. (1 representative) * Boeing Company (1 representative) * Bologna, University of (3 representatives) * Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) (5 representatives) * Ecole Mohammadia d'Ingenieurs Rabat (EMI) (1 representative) * Edinburgh (HCRC Language Technology Group) (1 representative) * IBM Corporation (2 representatives) * Mark Logic Corporation (1 representative) * National Association of Convenience Stores (NA
17:51:38 [sandro]
CS) (1 representative) * National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (1 representative) * Oracle Corporation (2 representatives) * Sun Microsystems, Inc. (1 representative)
17:51:58 [vipul]
Alan: Connections to the OMG
17:52:09 [ivan]
note: mapping by Vipul refers to a possible XG on mapping between relational data in an RDB and RDF
17:52:21 [vipul]
Elisa: Evan and Elisa could do the coordination... Both of them co-chair the Ontology WG there
17:52:28 [sandro]
Elisa: Evan and I co-chair the ontology PSIG at OMG.
17:52:58 [alanr_]
q?
17:53:07 [alanr_]
ack vipul
17:53:21 [vipul]
Alan: Future meeting - Elisa and Evan could speak on similarities nd dependencies
17:53:26 [alanr_]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/bld/draft-2007-10-19.html
17:53:31 [sandro]
Topic: RIF Review
17:53:39 [alanr_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Oct/0066.html
17:53:48 [ivan]
:-)
17:54:03 [alanr_]
q?
17:54:28 [pfps]
+1
17:54:31 [ivan]
+1
17:54:36 [pfps]
zakim, unmute me
17:54:36 [Zakim]
pfps should no longer be muted
17:54:50 [sandro]
Sandro: say +1 if you have read Peter's response....
17:54:52 [Jeremy]
(some hp eyeballs looked at some version, but I haven't)
17:54:56 [Zakim]
-bijan
17:55:08 [pfps]
q+
17:55:27 [uli_]
+1
17:55:30 [vipul]
q+
17:55:36 [Zakim]
+??P1
17:55:41 [alanr_]
q?
17:55:47 [Jeremy]
q+ to suggest a procedural approach ....
17:55:56 [vipul]
Sandro: Need some people to review...
17:56:41 [bijan]
bijan has joined #owl
17:56:48 [vipul]
Sandro: If it comes down to more substantive issues then it may make more sense to review them
17:56:53 [alanr_]
q?
17:56:55 [bijan]
Sorry I've been out of contact
17:56:56 [alanr_]
qck pfps
17:56:59 [bijan]
And want to chime in
17:57:02 [alanr_]
ack pfps
17:57:09 [bijan]
zakim, unmute me
17:57:09 [Zakim]
sorry, bijan, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
17:57:23 [alanr_]
q?
17:57:27 [alanr_]
qck vipul
17:57:31 [alanr_]
ack vipul
17:57:41 [uli_]
which symbols do you mean, Vipul?
17:57:55 [alanr_]
^^
17:57:57 [alanr_]
##
17:58:09 [alanr_]
q?
17:58:23 [MarkusK]
MarkusK has joined #owl
17:58:28 [alanr_]
q?
17:58:30 [bijan]
q+
17:58:42 [uli_]
+1
17:58:48 [vipul]
Sandro: Disagrees with the Peter Re: consideration from RIF
17:59:06 [sandro]
s/Disagreed/doesn't really disagree/
17:59:06 [uli_]
I was only slow in verifying that we were talking about the same email...
17:59:21 [alanr_]
k
17:59:53 [alanr_]
q?
17:59:56 [sandro]
ack Jeremy
17:59:56 [Zakim]
Jeremy, you wanted to suggest a procedural approach ....
17:59:57 [vipul]
Jeremy: If specific endorsement of Peter's technical comments is required, then communication should be sent to OWLWG
17:59:58 [alanr_]
q+ alanr
18:00:34 [pfps]
zakim, mute me
18:00:34 [Zakim]
pfps should now be muted
18:00:35 [sandro]
+1 Jeremy --- endorsing Peter in broad terms and put the onus on RIF to come back on specific points as necessary.
18:00:56 [vipul]
Alan: Gotta go...
18:01:05 [alanr_]
by vipul
18:01:06 [vipul]
Can someone take over scribing?
18:01:10 [alanr_]
I will
18:01:13 [vipul]
Thanks
18:01:16 [Zakim]
-Vipul_Kashyap
18:01:36 [alanr_]
Bijan: Bijan, as rep will review, then have phone call soon. RIF/OWL compat doc has been removed
18:01:44 [alanr_]
sandro: moved to other document
18:01:47 [alanr_]
q?
18:01:50 [alanr_]
ack bijan
18:01:56 [ivan]
q+
18:02:07 [sandro]
ack alanr_
18:02:21 [bijan]
+1
18:02:30 [Jeremy]
q+ to mention XML Schema comment
18:03:10 [sandro]
Alan: Based on Ivan and Uli having vetted Peter's review, I think we can make this officially from OWL WG.
18:03:12 [alanr_]
ack alanr
18:03:20 [Jeremy]
ack ivan
18:03:23 [uli_]
indeed, peter's document is a nice, understandable overview of RIF with a few polite questions
18:03:38 [alanr_]
q?
18:03:51 [uli_]
oups - I meant "overview of BLD"
18:04:29 [pfps]
zakim, mute me
18:04:29 [Zakim]
pfps was already muted, pfps
18:04:33 [alanr_]
q?
18:04:38 [bijan]
Noting that my modifications may be None
18:04:41 [alanr_]
ack jeremy
18:04:41 [Zakim]
Jeremy, you wanted to mention XML Schema comment
18:04:51 [sandro]
PROPOSED: Bijan check over Peter's review, and if he doesn't have any problem with it, he conveys it to RIF as a review from OWL WG
18:05:06 [Jeremy]
(with minor mods_
18:05:30 [pfps]
i like jeremy's addendum
18:05:44 [alanr_]
q?
18:05:46 [sandro]
PROPOSED: Bijan and Peter come to consensus on the 0066 review; if they suceed, they convey it to RIF as a review from the OWL WG
18:05:49 [Jeremy]
process tricks ....
18:05:59 [ew]
+1
18:06:03 [Jeremy]
+1
18:06:06 [bijan]
+1
18:06:07 [alanr_]
+1
18:06:07 [Rinke]
+1
18:06:08 [ivan]
+1
18:06:08 [MartinD]
+1
18:06:10 [MikeSmith]
+1
18:06:11 [pfps]
+1, of course
18:06:13 [zhe]
+1
18:06:15 [Fabian]
+1
18:06:17 [Achille]
+1
18:06:24 [bmotik]
+1
18:06:24 [uli_]
+1
18:06:29 [sandro]
RESOLVED: Bijan check over Peter's review, and if he doesn't have any problem with it, he conveys it to RIF as a review from OWL WG
18:06:52 [Zakim]
-Fabien
18:06:52 [alanr_]
:)
18:06:53 [Zakim]
-Evan_Wallace
18:07:02 [Zakim]
-Jeremy
18:07:06 [Zakim]
-MartinD
18:07:08 [sandro]
RESOLVED: Bijan and Peter come to consensus on the 0066 review; if they suceed, they convey it to RIF as a review from the OWL WG
18:07:08 [uli_]
bye
18:07:09 [Zakim]
-Achille
18:07:11 [Zakim]
-MikeSmith
18:07:11 [Rinke]
bye
18:07:16 [sandro]
(first version of resolution was in error!)
18:07:29 [MartinD]
MartinD has left #OWL
18:07:31 [Zakim]
-??P1
18:07:49 [sandro]
RRSAgent, make minutes
18:07:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/10/31-owl-minutes.html sandro
18:07:58 [Zakim]
-Rinke
18:08:07 [Zakim]
-uli
18:08:14 [Zakim]
-pfps
18:09:03 [Zakim]
-DeborahMcGuinness
18:11:22 [Zakim]
- +1.408.774.aabb
18:11:31 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
18:11:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Alan, Ivan, bmotik (muted), Sandro, Zhe_Wu, Ratnesh
18:12:28 [bmotik]
bye
18:12:34 [Zakim]
-bmotik
18:15:42 [Ratnesh]
bye
18:15:57 [Zakim]
-Ratnesh
18:17:55 [Zakim]
-Alan
18:17:59 [Zakim]
-Ivan
18:18:00 [Zakim]
-Zhe_Wu
18:19:01 [Zakim]
-Sandro
18:19:02 [Zakim]
SW_OWL()12:00PM has ended
18:19:03 [Zakim]
Attendees were JeremyCarroll, +1.617.253.aaaa, Alan, Vipul_Kashyap, Evan_Wallace, Rinke, Ivan, bmotik, MartinD, Sandro, Fabien, Zhe_Wu, Jeremy, pfps, bijan, Achille, MikeSmith,
18:19:05 [Zakim]
... uli, Ratnesh, +1.408.774.aabb, DeborahMcGuinness
18:24:06 [IanH]
IanH has joined #owl
18:24:50 [IanH]
q?
18:26:10 [sandro]
everyone's gone home, Ian. :-)
18:35:54 [alanr_]
alanr_ has joined #owl
18:56:07 [clu]
clu has joined #owl
18:59:56 [IanH]
I guessed that, but thought I would check :-(
19:00:24 [IanH]
I made the huge mistake of trying to drive to my hotel in athens and had a bit of an epic!
19:00:58 [IanH]
I am now off to drink a beer and soothe my shattered nerves :-)
19:01:34 [alanr_]
alanr_ has joined #owl
19:06:47 [alanr_]
alanr_ has joined #owl
19:36:14 [alanr_]
alanr_ has joined #owl
20:32:59 [IanH]
IanH has joined #owl
20:37:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #owl