IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-10-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:27:56 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
13:27:56 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc
13:28:03 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsd
13:28:03 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()9:30AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:28:10 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
13:28:21 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
13:28:53 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/0006.html
13:29:07 [shadi]
agenda+ Test cases without a technique/failure mapping
13:29:18 [shadi]
agenda+ Reviewing test samples for current working draft
13:29:30 [shadi]
agenda+ Revisit naming convention for more stable URLs?
13:29:39 [shadi]
agenda+ User friendly metadata view
13:29:59 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()9:30AM has now started
13:29:59 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
13:30:00 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:30:53 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
13:32:20 [Zakim]
+Dimitar_Denev
13:32:50 [shadi]
zakim, dimitar is really CarlosV
13:32:51 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
13:33:53 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
13:34:59 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
13:35:11 [CarlosV]
http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item228
13:35:37 [Zakim]
+Drew
13:40:03 [shadi]
regrets: Vangelis
13:40:49 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
13:41:04 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:41:04 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Test cases without a technique/failure mapping" taken up [from shadi]
13:41:07 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
13:41:37 [shadi]
agenda?
13:41:46 [Drew_LaHart]
Drew_LaHart has joined #tsdtf
13:43:43 [shadi]
CS: Drew sent comments on the mapping, doesn't have CVS yet
13:44:17 [shadi]
SAZ: working on CVS account for Drew, will send directions to generate SSH key
13:44:43 [shadi]
AJL: do all the tests map to the same techniques?
13:47:16 [shadi]
CS: we don't map to the technique, if the test is an incorrect implementation of the technique
13:47:40 [shadi]
AJL: so only the first one passes because its a pass
13:48:07 [shadi]
...the other two are failures because the text or audio is not right
13:53:58 [shadi]
SAZ: it is an interesting design concept that "failed tests" do not map to techniques, would like michaels input on it
13:54:34 [shadi]
CS: we can map to common failures, but not all failures are common failure
13:57:15 [shadi]
AJL: would be a value-add to be able to say that this failure maps to this success criteria
13:57:22 [shadi]
CS: there is a way to do this
13:57:47 [shadi]
s/only the first one passes/only the last one passes
13:58:30 [shadi]
SAZ: need to balance what a tools developer may want to see (all tests) and what a web developer may want to see
13:59:00 [shadi]
...failures will quickly fill the space, for example in the quick reference
13:59:22 [shadi]
action: AJL finalize the technique/failure mapping
14:00:48 [Christophe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007AprJun/0043.html
14:01:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.831.aaaa
14:01:57 [Zakim]
-Drew
14:02:14 [Drew_LaHart]
Zakim, +1.703 is Drew
14:02:14 [Zakim]
+Drew; got it
14:02:37 [shadi]
action: CS send e-mail to MC and cc TF on mapping failures to SCs, and potential impact on the quick reference
14:02:48 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
14:02:48 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Reviewing test samples for current working draft" taken up [from shadi]
14:03:28 [shadi]
CS: we have action items on reviewing test samples
14:04:11 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/TestSampleStatusList
14:05:25 [shadi]
action: SAZ review test samples marked "reviewer 03"
14:05:44 [shadi]
action: TB review test samples marked "reviewer 01"
14:07:10 [shadi]
action: CI review test samples marked "reviewer 02"
14:07:54 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Sep/0006.html
14:08:11 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/process
14:09:56 [shadi]
action: CV look into test samples that RR could do
14:10:38 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
14:10:38 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Revisit naming convention for more stable URLs?" taken up [from shadi]
14:11:42 [shadi]
action: AJL review test samples marked "reviewer 04"
14:12:34 [Christophe]
How to use Schematron to check test samples: http://bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0/tsdtf_schematron.html
14:13:11 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:13:11 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Revisit naming convention for more stable URLs?" taken up [from shadi]
14:13:35 [shadi]
CS: defer this to next week when MC is on the call too
14:15:21 [shadi]
SAZ: my only concern is amout of work vs added value, but think if needed than better now than later
14:15:35 [shadi]
...i'm happy with the group decision
14:15:50 [shadi]
...whatever is decided (i will not be here for the next call)
14:16:09 [shadi]
action: CS to provide an estimate on the amount of work required
14:17:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
14:17:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "User friendly metadata view" taken up [from shadi]
14:17:49 [Christophe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/0002.html
14:18:08 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/att-0002/sc1.2.1_l1_001.20071015.html
14:18:11 [Christophe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/0005.html
14:18:55 [shadi]
http://canada.esat.kuleuven.be/bentoweb/misc/tsdtf/tcdlhtmlexamples/sc1.2.5_l3_001.20071016.html
14:23:47 [shadi]
CI: at first glance it is an improvement, don't have many more comments right now
14:28:24 [shadi]
SAZ: what does "test case needs review" mean?
14:28:34 [shadi]
CS: the expected result is "can not tell"
14:29:55 [shadi]
SAZ: we decided to fix this, right?
14:30:35 [shadi]
CS: this one isn't yet fixed
14:31:29 [shadi]
SAZ: maybe also a list for Technologies & Features?
14:31:44 [shadi]
CS: probably nested lists if there are features too
14:33:27 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
14:33:27 [shadi]
next meeting in two weeks
14:33:30 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
14:33:32 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:33:37 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
14:33:42 [Zakim]
-Drew
14:33:43 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()9:30AM has ended
14:33:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Dimitar_Denev, CarlosV, Christophe_Strobbe, Drew, Carlos_Iglesias, +1.703.831.aaaa
14:33:55 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:33:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
14:34:02 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:34:07 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:34:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
14:34:09 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:34:13 [shadi]
rrsagent, ybe
14:34:13 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'ybe', shadi. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:34:17 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 8 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AJL finalize the technique/failure mapping [1]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T13-59-22
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS send e-mail to MC and cc TF on mapping failures to SCs, and potential impact on the quick reference [2]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-02-37
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ review test samples marked "reviewer 03" [3]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-05-25
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: TB review test samples marked "reviewer 01" [4]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-05-44
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CI review test samples marked "reviewer 02" [5]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-07-10
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CV look into test samples that RR could do [6]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-09-56
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: AJL review test samples marked "reviewer 04" [7]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-11-42
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS to provide an estimate on the amount of work required [8]
14:34:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-tsdtf-irc#T14-16-09