IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-10-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:29:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:29:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc
12:29:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:29:23 [shadi]
zakim, this will be TSD
12:29:23 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
12:29:29 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
12:29:38 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Chrisptophe
12:29:43 [shadi]
regrets: Reinhard
12:29:48 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
12:30:18 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/0001.html
12:30:30 [shadi]
agenda+ Reviewing test samples for current working draft
12:30:39 [shadi]
agenda+ Revisit naming convention for more stable URLs?
12:30:47 [shadi]
agenda+ Test case management system
12:30:59 [shadi]
agenda+ User friendly metadata view
12:31:24 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:31:31 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart
12:32:21 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:32:44 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
12:33:05 [Drew]
Drew has joined #tsdtf
12:33:39 [Zakim]
+Vangelis_Vlachogiannis
12:34:36 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:36:04 [shadi]
agenda?
12:36:47 [Zakim]
+Drew
12:36:53 [Zakim]
- +1.410.757.aaaa
12:37:22 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:37:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Vangelis_Vlachogiannis, +032163aabb, +1.703.831.aacc
12:37:31 [Drew]
zakim, +1.703 is Drew
12:37:31 [Zakim]
+Drew; got it
12:37:43 [shadi]
zakim, aabb is really Christophe
12:37:43 [Zakim]
+Christophe; got it
12:37:45 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:37:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Vangelis_Vlachogiannis, Christophe, Drew
12:38:24 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:38:24 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Reviewing test samples for current working draft" taken up [from shadi]
12:39:09 [shadi]
CS: currently ~70 test samples in the repository, all contributed by BenToWeb
12:39:18 [shadi]
...going through the Review Process
12:39:26 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/process
12:39:56 [shadi]
...we've divided these into batches for (non-BenToWeb) participants to review
12:40:10 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
12:40:18 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/TestSampleStatusList
12:40:33 [shadi]
CS: some of the samples are ready for review
12:40:48 [Drew]
ok
12:40:53 [Zakim]
-Vangelis_Vlachogiannis
12:40:54 [shadi]
...however, some are missing the mapping to WCAG 2.0 techniques/failures
12:40:56 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
12:42:05 [shadi]
Topic: Introducing Drew LaHart
12:42:19 [shadi]
DLH: work for IBM ability center
12:42:32 [shadi]
...participating in WCAG WG but came late
12:42:41 [shadi]
...want to contribute to this task force
12:42:49 [shadi]
CS: thanks for joining us
12:42:52 [Vangelis]
\me problems with phone here :(.. following from irc
12:45:15 [shadi]
DLH: how are the tests written? are they XML?
12:45:34 [shadi]
CS: the XML files are the metadata, they reference the actual test files
12:45:58 [shadi]
...the metadata describe several other things such as expected result etc
12:46:18 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
12:47:54 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
12:48:01 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/0002.html
12:49:31 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/att-0002/sc1.2.1_l1_001.20071015.html
12:51:05 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/xhtml/metadata/sc1.2.1_l1_001.xml
12:51:20 [shadi]
- <files>
12:51:20 [shadi]
<file xlink:href="../testfiles/sc1.2.1_l1_001.html" />
12:51:20 [shadi]
</files>
12:52:26 [shadi]
CS: working on an HTML view to visualize the XML data
12:54:38 [shadi]
DLH: what WCAG 2.0 version are we working from?
12:55:08 [shadi]
CS: from the last call working draft of 2006
12:56:37 [shadi]
SAZ: part of the review is to look out for that
12:58:27 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:58:27 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Reviewing test samples for current working draft" taken up [from shadi]
12:59:20 [shadi]
CS: if not technique/failure mapping is in the XML, then its status should be marked as "deprecated"
12:59:55 [shadi]
DLH: i'd volunteer if i can help
13:00:31 [shadi]
action: SAZ set up CVS account for Drew
13:00:50 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/
13:01:50 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
13:02:58 [shadi]
action: CS send description of action item to DLH
13:04:13 [shadi]
DLH: so my action is to go through the XML and check the reference to the techniques?
13:04:45 [shadi]
<technique id="F8" xlink:href="http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20070517/#F8" />
13:05:20 [shadi]
DLH: to the 2006 or 2007 draft?
13:05:26 [shadi]
CS: the 2007 draft
13:06:12 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
13:06:43 [shadi]
CS: we still need reviewing of the test samples
13:06:44 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/TestSampleStatusList#
13:07:58 [shadi]
SAZ: there was an issue with these?
13:08:16 [shadi]
CS: some had "cannot tell" as output, other had no mapping
13:08:22 [shadi]
...should be fixed now
13:09:30 [shadi]
action: SAZ will review all test samples marked "Update 03"
13:10:32 [shadi]
s/marked "Update 03"/marked "reviewer 03"
13:11:29 [shadi]
action: TB continue working on "reviewer 01" tests
13:12:41 [shadi]
action: CV check with CI on taking a batch too
13:13:29 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:13:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Reviewing test samples for current working draft, closed
13:13:30 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:13:31 [Zakim]
2. Revisit naming convention for more stable URLs? [from shadi]
13:13:42 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:13:42 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Revisit naming convention for more stable URLs?" taken up [from shadi]
13:14:12 [shadi]
CS: applies to the ID attribute in the metadata files, as well as the file names
13:14:33 [shadi]
...wanted to discuss with MC and SAZ, both had different opinions
13:16:31 [shadi]
SAZ: not opposed, just concerned about the amount of work vs benefit
13:16:38 [shadi]
...but better to do now than later
13:16:52 [shadi]
zakim, close agendum 2
13:16:52 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Revisit naming convention for more stable URLs?, closed
13:16:53 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:16:54 [Zakim]
3. Test case management system [from shadi]
13:17:06 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
13:17:06 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Test case management system" taken up [from shadi]
13:17:21 [shadi]
CS: right now we used the wiki to manage the tests
13:17:39 [shadi]
...working for current small amount of tests
13:17:49 [shadi]
...need to think about growth and scalability
13:18:03 [shadi]
CS: was looking into Testopia
13:19:49 [shadi]
SAZ: MWI folks are developing hand-grown scripts and tools
13:20:44 [shadi]
...always the question of developing or adopting quirks
13:21:12 [shadi]
...systems team could install it for us, but we will need to configure and maintain it
13:22:17 [shadi]
CS: requires perl, who knows perl?
13:23:46 [shadi]
SAZ: think we may need to stick to wiki until contribution or critical mass to work on something
13:23:57 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:23:57 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "User friendly metadata view" taken up [from shadi]
13:24:10 [shadi]
CS: send example, SAZ sent comments
13:24:53 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Oct/att-0003/temp.html
13:25:16 [shadi]
CS: will work on SAZ comments, and send updated version
13:26:39 [shadi]
action: CS send updated version of the HTML view
13:26:56 [shadi]
action: all review HTML view once CS sends it out
13:29:53 [shadi]
next call on tuesday 30 october
13:29:58 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:30:06 [Zakim]
-Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
13:30:17 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has left #tsdtf
13:36:49 [Zakim]
"Zakim-bot state recover will require a process restart that will cause a restart of the bot. That task will commence in 5 minutes. Please join #sysreq and comment if that will
13:37:48 [Zakim]
... cause hardship."
13:43:22 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:43:23 [Zakim]
-Drew
13:43:23 [Zakim]
-Christophe
13:43:25 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:43:27 [Zakim]
Attendees were Drew_LaHart, Shadi, Vangelis_Vlachogiannis, Christophe_Strobbe, Drew, Christophe, CarlosV, Tim_Boland
13:43:31 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:43:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:43:38 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:43:42 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:43:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:43:43 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:43:47 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ set up CVS account for Drew [1]
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc#T13-00-31
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS send description of action item to DLH [2]
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc#T13-02-58
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ will review all test samples marked "Update 03" [3]
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc#T13-09-30
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: TB continue working on "reviewer 01" tests [4]
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc#T13-11-29
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CV check with CI on taking a batch too [5]
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc#T13-12-41
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS send updated version of the HTML view [6]
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc#T13-26-39
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: all review HTML view once CS sends it out [7]
13:43:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/16-tsdtf-irc#T13-26-56