IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-10-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:01:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-irc
20:01:12 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:13 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
20:01:32 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:01:33 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:01:38 [Zakim]
+[IBM.a]
20:01:39 [Zakim]
-[IBM]
20:01:43 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:01:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:01:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sofia_Celic, +1.703.831.aaaa, +1.240.855.aabb, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +078750aacc, ??P14, Cooper, [IBM.a], David_MacDonald
20:01:59 [Zakim]
+Tim_Lorton
20:02:02 [MichaelC]
zakim, +078 is Sean_Hayes
20:02:03 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:02:07 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:10 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:02:17 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
20:02:20 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P14 is Gregg_Vanderheident
20:02:20 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheident; got it
20:02:21 [Andi]
zakim, [IBM.a] is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:02:22 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:02:26 [rellero__]
Zakim, ??P10 is Roberto_Ellero
20:02:26 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:02:26 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
20:02:30 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
20:02:32 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:02:34 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:02:34 [Gregg]
q+
20:02:36 [Zakim]
+??P16
20:02:39 [Drew]
Zakim, +1.703 is Drew
20:02:42 [Zakim]
+Drew; got it
20:02:50 [Gregg]
ack g
20:03:02 [Gregg]
ack g
20:03:14 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:03:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P16 is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:03:25 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:03:26 [Gregg]
ack ??
20:03:53 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:04:45 [MichaelC]
zakim, +032 is Christophe_Strobbe
20:04:45 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
20:05:03 [Drew]
-me I can volunteer to scribe
20:05:57 [MichaelC]
scribe: Drew
20:06:29 [MichaelC]
regrets: Roberto_Scano
20:06:37 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007OctDec/0017.html
20:06:46 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:06:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:06:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:07:25 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Issues for 04 Oct 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071004misc/results>
20:07:39 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:40 [MichaelC]
agenda Miscellaneous Proposals for 11 Oct 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071011misc/results>
20:07:55 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 11 Oct 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20071011misc/results>
20:08:16 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Link Purpose Proposals for Sept. 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070926misc/results>
20:08:28 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:08:33 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
20:08:37 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:13:57 [Drew]
topic:Issue 1980: no provision for link highlighting
20:15:37 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
20:15:37 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
20:20:03 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:22:10 [Drew]
Discussion to be combined with 2358 following
20:23:20 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2069: Exceptions for single words and other classes of words
20:23:49 [Loretta]
q+
20:27:18 [Gregg]
ack l
20:28:59 [Gregg]
q+
20:30:04 [Gregg]
ack g
20:31:13 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:31:29 [Christophe]
q+
20:31:59 [Gregg]
q+
20:32:01 [Gregg]
ack d
20:32:03 [Gregg]
ack c
20:32:23 [Gregg]
ack g
20:32:37 [Loretta]
q+
20:34:58 [Gregg]
ack l
20:44:06 [Gregg]
ack c
20:44:30 [Loretta]
q+
20:44:37 [Gregg]
ack l
20:44:59 [Christophe]
q+ to say: I forgot about my proposal in issue 1969
20:45:20 [Gregg]
ack c
20:45:20 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say: I forgot about my proposal in issue 1969
20:46:34 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:46:58 [Gregg]
ack c
20:47:00 [Gregg]
ack s
20:49:54 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:50:02 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:51:08 [Christophe]
q+
20:51:58 [Gregg]
ack d
20:52:50 [Christophe]
When I asked on a German mailing list if marking individual foreign words would be too much work, people said that it wasn't, but it is worthwile to use techniques to reduce the amount of work. For example, some content management systems support word lists for automatic language tagging (this could be a server-side technique).
20:52:57 [Gregg]
ack c
20:54:23 [Gregg]
3.1.2 The human language of each word or phrase in the content can be programmatically determined.
20:55:24 [MichaelC]
q+
20:56:14 [Gregg]
ack m
20:57:56 [Gregg]
ack s
20:58:48 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:58:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.423.aacc
21:00:26 [Gregg]
ack c
21:01:06 [Gregg]
ACK S
21:01:35 [Gregg]
ack a
21:04:32 [Gregg]
ack a
21:13:45 [Gregg]
Gregg 3.1.2 The human language of each word or phrase in the content can be programmatically determined except for proper names, technical terms, and words or phrases that have become part of the vernacular of the surrounding text.
21:14:49 [Gregg]
ack s
21:18:22 [Gregg]
Gregg 3.1.2 The human language of each word or phrase in the content can be programmatically determined except for proper names, technical terms, words of indeterminate language, and words or phrases that have become part of the vernacular of the surrounding text.
21:19:41 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:21:04 [Drew]
Action: Loretta to look at 2069 and agreement of provision and understanding document
21:21:49 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2069 as amended
21:21:50 [David_MacDonald]
Zakim, who's making noise?
21:22:00 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Loretta_Guarino_Reid (5%), Sean_Hayes (19%), Gregg_Vanderheiden (80%)
21:22:04 [Drew]
Topic: Issue 2102: Does HTML using pt or px meet this with today's user agents?
21:22:25 [Christophe]
zakim, mute me
21:22:25 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should now be muted
21:22:46 [David_MacDonald]
Zakim, mute sean
21:22:46 [Zakim]
Sean_Hayes should now be muted
21:23:23 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #wai-wcag
21:23:47 [Zakim]
+??P6
21:23:58 [rellero__]
Zakim, ??P6 is Roberto_Ellero
21:23:58 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
21:24:52 [Christophe]
zakim, unmute me
21:24:52 [Zakim]
Christophe_Strobbe should no longer be muted
21:25:28 [Gregg]
ack s
21:25:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, unmute sean
21:25:53 [Zakim]
Sean_Hayes should no longer be muted
21:30:14 [Drew]
Action: Bruce check that 2102 contains acceptable user agent information
21:30:32 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2102 as amended
21:30:55 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2358 Unanimous Consent
21:31:04 [Drew]
Topic: Issue 2358: There is no SC governing the visibility of focus
21:33:56 [Loretta]
q+
21:34:02 [Gregg]
ack l
21:34:41 [Gregg]
ack c
21:34:44 [Gregg]
q+
21:35:21 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:37:01 [Loretta]
q+
21:37:06 [Loretta]
ack g
21:37:55 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:38:29 [Gregg]
ack l
21:44:35 [Drew]
Action: Cynthia to write a default focus indicator sufficient technique for 2358
21:45:18 [Drew]
Action: Cynthia to write a very visible, including color, focus indicator sufficient technique for 2358
21:46:21 [Drew]
s/2358/2358 and 1980/
21:49:45 [Gregg]
ack b
21:50:34 [Sofia]
q+
21:54:05 [Gregg]
a s
21:54:12 [Gregg]
ack s
21:54:58 [Loretta]
q+
21:55:49 [Gregg]
ack l
21:58:30 [Gregg]
ack c
22:00:02 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 1980 as amended
22:00:45 [Drew]
Action: Sofia to write background styling technique for focus to go under 1.4.(new)
22:03:06 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2358 as amended
22:03:20 [Drew]
Topic: Issues 2118, 2228: SC 2.4.3 - Layout using CSS, form focus order example
22:03:51 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:04:50 [Gregg]
ack c
22:07:14 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
22:11:11 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:13:02 [Gregg]
ack d
22:14:02 [Gregg]
ack s
22:20:06 [Gregg]
ack c
22:23:14 [Loretta]
q+
22:24:58 [Gregg]
ack l
22:25:26 [Gregg]
ack k
22:25:33 [Gregg]
ack s
22:27:51 [Drew]
Action: Sofia, Loretta, Cynthia, Sean to look into splitting 2.4.3 into 2 Success Criteria
22:28:10 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:28:18 [awk]
awk has left #wai-wcag
22:29:45 [Drew]
topic: Metadata: Introduction
22:37:59 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:38:32 [Drew]
Resolution: Reopen all metadata
22:38:48 [Gregg]
2141, 2174, 2308
22:39:07 [Gregg]
Issue 2141, 2174, 2308: accessibility supported (Revised)
22:39:56 [Drew]
Resolution: Reopen Issue 2141, 2174, 2308: accessibility supported
22:41:28 [Drew]
Topic: Issue 2106, 2341: 3.1.4 SC should be AA
22:49:17 [Gregg]
ack c
22:49:28 [Gregg]
ack k
22:51:09 [Gregg]
ack
22:51:13 [Loretta]
q+
22:51:18 [Gregg]
ack k
22:51:24 [Gregg]
q+
22:52:44 [Loretta]
ack l
22:53:40 [Loretta]
ack g
22:53:42 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:54:12 [Loretta]
ack k
22:54:15 [Gregg]
ack d
22:56:00 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept 2104, 2341 as proposed
22:56:30 [Drew]
s/2104/2106
22:57:10 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2109: doing a little more for people with cognitive limitations
22:57:43 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:00:25 [Loretta]
Non-visual-presentation related advisory techniques:
23:01:01 [Loretta]
# Setting expectations about auto-generated or user-contributed content [LC-683]
23:01:03 [Loretta]
# Using the clearest and simplest language appropriate for the content [LC-1255]
23:01:07 [Loretta]
# Using images, illustrations, video, audio, or symbols to clarify meaning (G)
23:01:11 [Loretta]
# Providing practical examples to clarify content
23:01:24 [Loretta]
# Avoiding unusual foreign words
23:01:28 [Loretta]
# Providing a sentence to summarize the previous screen when information is presented over multiple screens.
23:02:34 [Loretta]
q+
23:02:58 [Gregg]
ack a
23:05:01 [Gregg]
ack l
23:06:32 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:07:15 [Gregg]
ack c
23:12:10 [Zakim]
-Drew
23:12:12 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:12:14 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:12:15 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:12:15 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:12:16 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:12:17 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:12:22 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:12:24 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:43:40 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
23:43:40 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Sofia_Celic, +1.703.831.aaaa, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +078750aabb, [IBM], Cooper, David_MacDonald, Sean_Hayes,
23:43:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:43:43 [Zakim]
... Cynthia_Shelly, Gregg_Vanderheident, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Roberto_Ellero, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Drew, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Christophe_Strobbe, Tim_Boland,
23:43:45 [Zakim]
... Alex_Li, +1.512.423.aacc
23:43:49 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to look at 2069 and agreement of provision and understanding document [1]
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-irc#T21-21-04
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bruce check that 2102 contains acceptable user agent information [2]
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-irc#T21-30-14
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia to write a default focus indicator sufficient technique for 2358 [3]
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-irc#T21-44-35
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia to write a very visible, including color, focus indicator sufficient technique for 2358 [4]
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-irc#T21-45-18
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sofia to write background styling technique for focus to go under 1.4.(new) [5]
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-irc#T22-00-45
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sofia, Loretta, Cynthia, Sean to look into splitting 2.4.3 into 2 Success Criteria [6]
23:43:49 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/11-wai-wcag-irc#T22-27-51