IRC log of rif on 2007-10-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:37:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
14:37:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-rif-irc
14:37:30 [csma]
Zakim, this will be rif
14:37:30 [Zakim]
ok, csma; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 23 minutes
14:38:02 [csma]
Meeting: RIF telecon 9 October 2007
14:38:20 [csma]
Chair: Christian de Sainte Marie
14:39:02 [csma]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Oct/0026.html
14:40:07 [csma]
csma has changed the topic to: 9 Oct RIF telecon agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Oct/0026.html
14:41:10 [csma]
agenda+ Admin
14:41:19 [csma]
zakim, reset agenda
14:41:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'reset agenda', csma
14:41:25 [csma]
zakim, close agenda
14:41:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agenda', csma
14:41:35 [csma]
zakim, cancel agenda
14:41:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'cancel agenda', csma
14:41:45 [csma]
zakim, erase agenda
14:41:45 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'erase agenda', csma
14:41:52 [csma]
agenda-
14:41:58 [csma]
agenda?
14:42:11 [csma]
agenda- 5
14:42:25 [csma]
agenda- 4
14:42:48 [csma]
agenda+ BLD WD2 issues
14:43:14 [csma]
agenda+ Arch: naming conventions
14:43:31 [csma]
agenda+ Arch: Test cases
14:43:39 [csma]
agenda+ AOB
14:46:54 [patranja]
patranja has joined #rif
14:52:38 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #rif
14:53:43 [barry_b]
barry_b has joined #rif
14:58:52 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
14:58:58 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:59:25 [csma]
zakim, ??P17 is me
14:59:25 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
14:59:29 [AllenGinsberg]
AllenGinsberg has joined #rif
15:00:40 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:00:43 [Zakim]
-csma
15:00:44 [Zakim]
+csma
15:00:45 [Hassan]
Hassan has joined #rif
15:00:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.453.aaaa
15:01:36 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, aaaa is me;
15:01:37 [Zakim]
+me;; got it
15:01:37 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
15:01:38 [Zakim]
+josb
15:02:09 [Zakim]
+PaulaP
15:02:09 [Doug]
Doug has joined #rif
15:02:49 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, aaaa is AllenGinsberg
15:02:49 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:02:59 [Zakim]
+DougL
15:03:01 [Zakim]
sorry, AllenGinsberg, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
15:03:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Sandro, me;, josb, +49.892.1.aacc, +1.512.342.aadd
15:03:11 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, me is AllenGinsberg
15:03:22 [Zakim]
+AllenGinsberg; got it
15:03:29 [Doug]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Sandro, AllenGinsberg, josb, +49.892.1.aacc, +1.512.342.aadd
15:03:40 [Doug]
Zakim, aadd is me
15:03:40 [Zakim]
+Doug; got it
15:03:49 [Doug]
Zakim, who is on the phone
15:03:50 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Doug
15:03:59 [Doug]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Sandro, AllenGinsberg, josb, PaulaP, Doug
15:04:09 [IgorMozetic]
IgorMozetic has joined #rif
15:04:26 [Zakim]
+??P24
15:04:56 [Hassan]
zakim, ??P24 is Hassan
15:04:56 [Zakim]
+Hassan; got it
15:05:43 [barry_b]
I am having trouble phoning in. The usual conference key is not working.
15:05:50 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, mute me
15:05:50 [Zakim]
AllenGinsberg should now be muted
15:05:55 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #RIF
15:06:23 [csma]
barry, the code is rifwg
15:07:07 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
15:07:18 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:07:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Sandro, AllenGinsberg (muted), josb, PaulaP, Doug, Hassan (muted)
15:07:35 [PaulVincent]
PaulVincent has joined #rif
15:07:43 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #rif
15:07:51 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
15:07:52 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
15:08:02 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, unmute me
15:08:02 [Zakim]
AllenGinsberg should no longer be muted
15:08:05 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
15:08:14 [Harold]
zakim, [NRCC] is me
15:08:14 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
15:08:19 [Zakim]
+??P31
15:08:35 [AllenGinsberg]
zakim, mute me
15:08:35 [Zakim]
AllenGinsberg should now be muted
15:08:46 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #RIF
15:08:48 [csma]
Scribe:Gary Hallmark
15:08:59 [Zakim]
+??P39
15:08:59 [GaryHallmark]
GaryHallmark has joined #rif
15:09:00 [Zakim]
+??P35
15:09:03 [csma]
scribenick: GaryHallmark
15:09:31 [LeoraMorgenstern]
??P35 is me
15:09:38 [csma]
zakim, next agendum
15:09:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:09:52 [Zakim]
+AdrianP
15:10:12 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, ??P35 is me
15:10:12 [Zakim]
+LeoraMorgenstern; got it
15:10:16 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, mute me
15:10:16 [Zakim]
LeoraMorgenstern should now be muted
15:10:28 [AdrianP]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:10:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, Sandro, AllenGinsberg (muted), josb, PaulaP (muted), Doug, Hassan (muted), Harold, Gary_Hallmark, DaveReynolds, PaulVincent, LeoraMorgenstern (muted),
15:10:32 [Zakim]
... +49.351.6.aaee
15:10:45 [AdrianP]
Zakim, aaee is me
15:10:45 [Zakim]
+AdrianP; got it
15:11:39 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:11:39 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:11:57 [GaryHallmark]
resolved: f2f7 minutes accepted
15:12:07 [csma]
zakim, next agendum
15:12:07 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Liason" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:12:53 [GaryHallmark]
action 342 continued
15:13:12 [PaulVincent]
No PRR news
15:13:31 [GaryHallmark]
josb: who is owl liason?
15:13:46 [GaryHallmark]
sandro: 1st telecon tomorrow
15:14:02 [GaryHallmark]
... for new OWL WG
15:14:42 [Doug]
I expect to
15:14:44 [GaryHallmark]
sandro is OWL liason
15:16:09 [csma]
zakim, next agendum
15:16:09 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "BLD WD2 issues" taken up [from csma]
15:17:04 [GaryHallmark]
csma: sandro, any f2f8 updates?
15:17:12 [ChrisW]
zakim, list agenda
15:17:12 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
15:17:13 [Zakim]
6. BLD WD2 issues [from csma]
15:17:14 [Zakim]
7. Arch: naming conventions [from csma]
15:17:15 [Zakim]
8. Arch: Test cases [from csma]
15:17:16 [Zakim]
9. AOB [from csma]
15:19:10 [GaryHallmark]
action on sandro to send reminder to register for f2f8
15:19:36 [GaryHallmark]
action 355 completed
15:20:05 [GaryHallmark]
action 354 continued
15:20:45 [GaryHallmark]
action 353 continued
15:22:11 [GaryHallmark]
action 352 continued, 351 dropped (duplicate)
15:22:19 [GaryHallmark]
action 350 continued
15:22:29 [GaryHallmark]
action 349 continued
15:23:19 [GaryHallmark]
action 349, 250 deadline Oct 20
15:23:29 [GaryHallmark]
s/250/350
15:24:27 [GaryHallmark]
csma: split BLD?
15:24:29 [josb]
q+
15:24:36 [csma]
ack josb
15:24:55 [GaryHallmark]
josb: defer until after WD2
15:25:14 [Zakim]
+Sandro.a
15:25:25 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:25:36 [GaryHallmark]
csma: docs may not be complete enough to split
15:26:46 [GaryHallmark]
sandro: is OWL/RDF separable (and ignorable)?
15:27:18 [Harold]
q+
15:27:23 [GaryHallmark]
josb: they are completely separable
15:27:39 [GaryHallmark]
... no dependencies from main doc
15:28:20 [csma]
ack harol
15:28:44 [josb]
q+
15:29:09 [MichaelKifer]
MichaelKifer has joined #rif
15:29:09 [GaryHallmark]
harold: also concerned about separability
15:30:35 [Zakim]
+??P40
15:30:43 [GaryHallmark]
sandro: split may not take much effort
15:30:52 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, ??P40 is me
15:30:52 [Zakim]
+IgorMozetic; got it
15:30:57 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, mute me
15:30:57 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should now be muted
15:31:26 [Zakim]
+??P20
15:31:36 [GaryHallmark]
csma: editor's note could describe possible future doc split
15:31:39 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, P20 is me
15:31:39 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelKifer, I do not recognize a party named 'P20'
15:32:12 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, ??P20 is me
15:32:12 [Zakim]
+MichaelKifer; got it
15:32:20 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:32:20 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:33:15 [GaryHallmark]
... editor's notes to call out sections that are not required for specific purposes
15:34:07 [csma]
ack josb
15:35:15 [GaryHallmark]
josb: confident of semantic independence of owl/rdf section
15:35:42 [GaryHallmark]
sandro: good idea to split now
15:36:34 [PaulaP]
+1
15:36:36 [PaulVincent]
+1
15:36:38 [Doug]
+1
15:36:39 [Hassan]
+1
15:36:40 [GaryHallmark]
who is in favor of splitting?
15:36:41 [sandro]
+1 splitting
15:36:44 [MichaelKifer]
+1
15:36:47 [LeoraMorgenstern]
1
15:36:49 [LeoraMorgenstern]
+1
15:36:52 [IgorMozetic]
+1
15:36:57 [GaryHallmark]
+1
15:37:06 [AdrianP]
-1
15:37:14 [josb]
0
15:37:18 [GaryHallmark]
no splitting indicated by -1
15:37:21 [Harold]
0
15:37:22 [csma]
0
15:37:26 [DaveReynolds]
0
15:37:27 [AllenGinsberg]
0
15:37:43 [GaryHallmark]
csma: clear preference to split
15:37:48 [ChrisW]
i didn't hear jos' argument
15:38:00 [ChrisW]
but I think I am opposed to spitting
15:38:11 [sandro]
worth being clear -- in this case "-1" did NOT mean "object". It was already set that no one was objecting.
15:38:37 [csma]
PROPOSED: to split RDF compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously
15:39:15 [ChrisW]
wait ten minutes for this vote please
15:39:23 [csma]
ok
15:40:10 [sandro]
shortname "rif-rdf-owl" not "bld-rdf-owl"
15:40:10 [Harold]
I gather we are talking only about RIF-RDF Compatibility
15:40:21 [Harold]
not about RIF-OWL Compatibility, for now.
15:41:05 [josb]
Harold, the document will also contain OWL compatibility (not in working draft 2, but it should in working graph 3)
15:41:29 [josb]
s/graph/draft/
15:42:30 [GaryHallmark]
csma: prefer rif-bld rather than superscript notation
15:42:32 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:42:46 [ChrisWelty]
ChrisWelty has joined #rif
15:43:10 [ChrisWelty]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:43:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, AllenGinsberg (muted), josb, PaulaP (muted), Doug, Hassan (muted), Harold, Gary_Hallmark, DaveReynolds, PaulVincent, LeoraMorgenstern (muted), AdrianP
15:43:13 [Zakim]
... (muted), Sandro.a, IgorMozetic (muted), MichaelKifer (muted), [IBM]
15:43:22 [ChrisWelty]
zakim, [ibm] is temporarily me
15:43:22 [Zakim]
+ChrisWelty; got it
15:43:22 [MichaelKifer]
i dont care. rif-bld is fine
15:43:55 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:43:55 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:44:11 [GaryHallmark]
csma: any objections to RIF Basic Logic Dialect and RIF-BLD
15:44:12 [ChrisW]
zakim, ChrisWelty is ChrisW
15:44:12 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
15:44:20 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:44:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, AllenGinsberg (muted), josb, PaulaP (muted), Doug, Hassan (muted), Harold, Gary_Hallmark, DaveReynolds, PaulVincent, LeoraMorgenstern (muted), AdrianP
15:44:24 [Zakim]
... (muted), Sandro.a, IgorMozetic (muted), MichaelKifer, ChrisW
15:44:38 [PaulVincent]
+1 for RIF-BLD assuming no logicians will be injured...
15:45:37 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:45:37 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:45:39 [csma]
PROPOSED: the name of the dialect is RIF basic logic dialect and the short notation is RIF BLD
15:45:42 [Harold]
(Sorry for being late with this: Jos, I see. So what would be the short name of the working draft 2 (actually *its* working draft 1) of RIF-RDF Compatibility?)
15:45:45 [ChrisW]
how about RiFbLd
15:46:21 [sandro]
roflbld
15:46:36 [ChrisW]
R-FB*D
15:46:48 [GaryHallmark]
csma's proposal is resolved
15:47:05 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:47:05 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:47:13 [Harold]
rif:text
15:47:28 [Harold]
Michael, RIF-BLD
15:47:52 [josb]
It could be called "RIF Semantic Web Compatibility" or "RDF and OWL compatibility of RIF"
15:47:54 [GaryHallmark]
csma's resolution ammended to RIF-BLD
15:48:06 [josb]
q+
15:48:15 [josb]
q-
15:48:55 [josb]
q+
15:49:07 [GaryHallmark]
csma: do we keep OWL compatibility in WD2?
15:49:08 [csma]
ack josb
15:49:22 [GaryHallmark]
josb: should be out, because there is no substance yet
15:49:45 [GaryHallmark]
csma: subclass and membership in BLD?
15:49:57 [GaryHallmark]
... keep and mark as open issues
15:50:40 [Harold]
Subclass and membership: Keep it and mark it.
15:50:47 [GaryHallmark]
no objections to keep and mark
15:50:52 [DaveReynolds]
q+
15:51:04 [csma]
ack dave
15:51:12 [josb]
there should be a link to the issues tracker
15:51:21 [GaryHallmark]
dave: rif:text issues
15:51:35 [josb]
q+
15:52:21 [csma]
ack josb
15:52:27 [GaryHallmark]
.. <rif:text> vs. string@lang
15:52:58 [GaryHallmark]
josb: lexical space is unicode strings, not pairs (string, tag)
15:54:21 [sandro]
this is very weird.....
15:54:41 [GaryHallmark]
dave: withdraws objection
15:54:49 [sandro]
+1 DaveReynolds, I have a worry.... but it's not specific enough to object.
15:55:29 [sandro]
Jos: This is a result of putting language tags into the datatype mechanism
15:55:46 [ChrisW]
issue for the issues list?
15:56:07 [GaryHallmark]
sandro: let others raise the issue if they are worried
15:56:31 [sandro]
(very very weakly.)
15:56:50 [GaryHallmark]
hassan: issue should be raised
15:57:03 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:57:03 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:57:13 [GaryHallmark]
action on dave to frame the issue
15:57:24 [sandro]
ACTION: Dave to raise an issue about xml:lang in rif:text
15:57:24 [rifbot]
Created ACTION-356 - Raise an issue about xml:lang in rif:text [on Dave Reynolds - due 2007-10-16].
15:57:29 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:57:29 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:57:41 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:57:44 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:58:39 [GaryHallmark]
csma: any objects to rif constants being scoped to ruleset?
15:59:01 [GaryHallmark]
... rif local constants
15:59:22 [GaryHallmark]
s/objects/objection
15:59:52 [Harold]
Constants rif:local should be scoped to an entire ruleset, otherwise you could not express even simple Prolog textbook examples.
16:00:36 [PaulVincent]
+1 to Hassans concerns
16:00:46 [GaryHallmark]
no objections to ruleset scope
16:00:49 [josb]
one can also use URIs for textbook examples
16:01:05 [GaryHallmark]
hassan: but other scopes could be reasonable as well
16:01:07 [csma]
c =/= c()
16:01:09 [Harold]
likes(john,X) :- likes(X,wine).
16:01:10 [Harold]
likes(mary,wine).
16:01:28 [Harold]
wine must be scoped to the entire ruleset,
16:02:21 [josb]
q+
16:02:27 [csma]
ack josb
16:02:41 [GaryHallmark]
should a constant be distinct from 0-arity function with same name?
16:02:49 [Hassan]
q+
16:03:14 [Harold]
current-time() would an (active) built-in!
16:03:53 [Harold]
current-time would be just a (passive) constant.
16:03:58 [GaryHallmark]
harold: they are different in current signature formalism
16:04:10 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:04:10 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
16:04:17 [ChrisW]
this is sounding like the "treatment of builtins" issue
16:04:28 [GaryHallmark]
hassan: but logically they are the same (both constants)
16:05:22 [csma]
ack hassan
16:05:40 [ChrisW]
q+
16:05:56 [csma]
ack chrisw
16:05:57 [GaryHallmark]
michael: should not have 2 different things that are really the same
16:06:00 [IgorMozetic]
leave both, a and a()
16:06:37 [Harold]
Prolog dosn't have nullary because it's relational. Functional languages do have such nullary functions, e.g. for builtins.
16:07:18 [GaryHallmark]
chrisw: distinguish between builtins and functions rather than between constants and functions
16:07:47 [GaryHallmark]
... (rhetorically)
16:08:00 [Harold]
Also for mapping operator arguments to lists, it's necessary to keep zero arguments corresponding to the empty list [].
16:08:12 [Zakim]
-csma
16:09:32 [Harold]
f(...) can be mapped to unary f([...]).
16:09:36 [ChrisW]
zakim, list agenda
16:09:36 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
16:09:37 [Zakim]
6. BLD WD2 issues [from csma]
16:09:38 [Zakim]
7. Arch: naming conventions [from csma]
16:09:39 [Zakim]
8. Arch: Test cases [from csma]
16:09:40 [Zakim]
9. AOB [from csma]
16:09:51 [Harold]
f() can be mapped to unary f([]).
16:10:06 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:10:06 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:10:18 [Harold]
PROPOSED: to split RIF-RDF Compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously: RIF-BLD (WD 2) and RIF-RDF (WD 1).
16:10:55 [Harold]
q+
16:11:00 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:11:00 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
16:11:15 [GaryHallmark]
chrisw: either 2nd doc is part of BLD or a new dialect
16:11:44 [josb]
q+
16:11:49 [GaryHallmark]
...what does 2nd doc describe?
16:12:12 [GaryHallmark]
harold: its a bridge for interoperability, not a dialect
16:12:36 [GaryHallmark]
... also applies to dialects other than BLD
16:12:58 [GaryHallmark]
josb: 2nd doc describes how 2 languages work together
16:13:35 [GaryHallmark]
... also don't have to read RDF doc if you don't care to interoperate with RDF
16:14:06 [GaryHallmark]
josb: not a dialect, but a bridge
16:14:22 [Harold]
It starts like this:
16:14:23 [Harold]
This section defines combinations of RIF rules with RDF graphs, taking into account the various (normative) entailment regimes defined by RDF. A typical case where RIF rules and RDF graphs are combined is when an RIF rule set refers to one or more RDF data sets or RDFS ontologies (which are also RDF graphs).
16:14:50 [Harold]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Core/RIF-RDF_Compatibility
16:15:01 [PaulVincent]
?? Why is RDF more important to RIF-BLD versus say XML - not sure I get the rationale for embedding RDF into BLD doc...
16:15:05 [GaryHallmark]
chrisw: do I need a bridge doc for FLORA, or for XML Schema?
16:15:36 [GaryHallmark]
sandro: need such a doc to roundtrip FLORA <-> RIF
16:16:02 [Harold]
We are a chartered to produce docs for RIF-RDF Compatibility and RIF-OWL Compatibility. Not *chartered* for any other language.
16:16:22 [GaryHallmark]
chrisw: proliferation of "bridge docs" seems antithetical to RIF
16:16:56 [ChrisW]
q?
16:17:33 [GaryHallmark]
... RDF doc creates questionable precedent
16:17:34 [Harold]
Chris, this may be only since RDF, OWL and RIF would be the enhanced *uniform* basis for the semweb.
16:17:57 [GaryHallmark]
... ok to be part of BLD due to special semantic web status of RDF
16:18:18 [DaveReynolds]
q+
16:18:20 [Hassan]
q+
16:18:30 [Hassan]
q-
16:18:51 [Harold]
(Other languages would not be part of that enhanced W3C SemWeb 'triad'.)
16:19:20 [GaryHallmark]
chrisw: if not a dialect, then it creates new category of "bridge" documents
16:19:32 [Harold]
Chris, soon we may need another 'bridge' doc:
16:19:39 [Harold]
PRD and BLD.
16:19:55 [Hassan]
not exactly chris: we do have a charter to treat RDF and OWL specially
16:20:16 [PaulVincent]
+1 to Chris' concerns - this is why this should be out of the base BLD doc ...
16:20:21 [GaryHallmark]
josb: no matter what you call it, it has to be specified
16:20:44 [GaryHallmark]
... i.e. how will RIF work with data language "X"
16:20:57 [Harold]
RIF Core = BLD --bridge-- PRD
16:20:59 [josb]
q-
16:21:02 [ChrisW]
ack jos
16:21:04 [ChrisW]
ack harold
16:21:05 [Harold]
q-
16:21:16 [Doug]
Yes, that was the general consensus
16:21:23 [GaryHallmark]
+1 to Harold's description of CORE
16:21:52 [GaryHallmark]
Dave: back to the question of working with external data models
16:22:10 [GaryHallmark]
... we support XML schema and RIF
16:22:19 [GaryHallmark]
... not unbounded
16:22:43 [sandro]
sandro has joined #rif
16:22:46 [GaryHallmark]
... FLORA is "out of bounds"
16:23:23 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:23:23 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:23:46 [GaryHallmark]
s/and RIF/and RDF/
16:24:30 [GaryHallmark]
chrisw: combine RDF interop doc with Architecture doc?
16:24:34 [GaryHallmark]
josb: not sure
16:25:06 [GaryHallmark]
dave: need more work on Arch doc
16:25:49 [Harold]
PROPOSED: to split RIF-RDF Compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously: RIF-BLD (WD 2) and RIF-RDF (WD 1).
16:26:29 [josb]
q+
16:26:36 [DaveReynolds]
q-
16:26:43 [josb]
q-
16:26:49 [Harold]
PROPOSED: to split RIF Compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously: RIF-BLD (WD 2) and RIF-RDF (WD 1).
16:27:25 [Harold]
PROPOSED: to split RIF Compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously: RIF-BLD (WD 2) and RIF (WD 1).
16:27:45 [sandro]
chris, "rif-comp"
16:27:51 [sandro]
s/,/:/
16:27:56 [ChrisW]
zakim, list agenda
16:27:56 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda:
16:27:57 [Zakim]
6. BLD WD2 issues [from csma]
16:27:58 [Zakim]
7. Arch: naming conventions [from csma]
16:28:00 [Zakim]
8. Arch: Test cases [from csma]
16:28:01 [Zakim]
9. AOB [from csma]
16:28:02 [Harold]
PROPOSED: to split RIF Compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously: RIF-BLD (WD 2) and RIF (WD 1).
16:28:02 [Harold]
<sandro>
16:28:25 [GaryHallmark]
zakim, next agendum
16:28:25 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Arch: naming conventions" taken up [from csma]
16:28:26 [Harold]
PROPOSED: to split RIF Compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously: RIF-BLD (WD 2) and RIF-COMP (WD 1).
16:28:41 [GaryHallmark]
sandro: not required for WD2
16:29:11 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
16:29:11 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
16:30:31 [GaryHallmark]
issues with IE browser rendering special symbols in our docs
16:30:36 [sandro]
RESOLVED: to split RIF Compatibility from BLD and publish 2 drafts simultaneously: RIF-BLD (WD 2) and RIF-COMP (WD 1).
16:31:05 [Harold]
Sandro, WIKI-TR currently doesn't process BLD: >>Warning: SGML2PL(sgml): []:2: Element "p" not allowed here<< etc. (cf. my Friday email)
16:31:40 [sandro]
Yes, Harold, I'm working on that. (and hating prolog. :-)
16:31:44 [Zakim]
-PaulaP
16:31:51 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:31:51 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
16:31:59 [Zakim]
-AdrianP
16:32:12 [Zakim]
-Hassan
16:32:14 [Zakim]
-MichaelKifer
16:32:16 [Zakim]
-IgorMozetic
16:32:17 [Zakim]
-LeoraMorgenstern
16:32:17 [Zakim]
-PaulVincent
16:32:22 [Zakim]
-Harold
16:32:24 [Zakim]
-AllenGinsberg
16:32:28 [ChrisW]
zakim, list attendees
16:32:28 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been csma, Sandro, +1.703.453.aaaa, me;, josb, PaulaP, DougL, AllenGinsberg, Doug, Hassan, Gary_Hallmark, Harold, DaveReynolds, AdrianP,
16:32:31 [Zakim]
... PaulVincent, LeoraMorgenstern, IgorMozetic, MichaelKifer, ChrisW
16:32:31 [Zakim]
-Doug
16:32:33 [Zakim]
-DaveReynolds
16:32:35 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:32:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
16:32:42 [Zakim]
-josb
16:33:09 [ChrisW]
Regrets: MohamedZergaoui
16:33:12 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:33:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
16:33:27 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:34:17 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
16:35:25 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
16:35:26 [Zakim]
-Sandro.a
16:35:27 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
16:35:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were csma, Sandro, +1.703.453.aaaa, me;, josb, PaulaP, DougL, AllenGinsberg, Doug, Hassan, Gary_Hallmark, Harold, DaveReynolds, AdrianP, PaulVincent, LeoraMorgenstern,
16:35:30 [Zakim]
... IgorMozetic, MichaelKifer, ChrisW
16:40:51 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #RIF