IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-09-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:00:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-irc
20:00:22 [Christophe]
zakim, what conferences
20:00:22 [Zakim]
Christophe, you need to end that query with '?'
20:00:26 [Christophe]
zakim, what conferences?
20:00:26 [Zakim]
I see SW_RIF(f2f)8:00AM, XML_SMLWG()2:00PM, WAI_WCAG()3:00PM active
20:00:28 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are XML_QueryWG(ttf)3:00PM, WAI_EOWG(UMTF)2:00PM, XML_SMLWG(Editors)4:00PM
20:00:35 [Christophe]
zakim, this will be wai_wcag
20:00:35 [Zakim]
ok, Christophe, I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM already started
20:01:30 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:01:35 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:02:12 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:02:13 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:02:18 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:19 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:02:21 [Zakim]
+ +44.114.288.aabb
20:02:27 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:02:28 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:30 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0179.html
20:02:46 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:02:46 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named '+1.617'
20:02:50 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:03:09 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:03:39 [Loretta]
Sorry, Christophe.
20:03:48 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:03:56 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Discussion of Metadata and proposals posted to list (GL)
20:03:57 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.240 is Bruce_Bailey
20:03:57 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:04:06 [Zakim]
+??P19
20:04:12 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Misc. Questions for 20 September 2007 Survey: http://tinyurl.com/2xaw8a
20:04:25 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 27 Sep 2007 Survey: http://tinyurl.com/3xjzaf
20:04:32 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Link Purpose Proposals for Sept. 2007
20:04:34 [Zakim]
+??P21
20:04:37 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:40 [rscano]
zakim, ??P21 is Roberto_Scano
20:04:40 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:04:40 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:41 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:04:41 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:04:43 [rellero__]
how is passcode?
20:04:46 [rscano]
zakim I am Roberto_Scano
20:04:53 [Andi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:04:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Liddy_Nevile, Bruce_Bailey, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, [Microsoft], [IBM], Tim_Boland, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Andy_Heath, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper, +032163aaee,
20:04:55 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:04:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:04:57 [Zakim]
... Alex_Li, ??P19, Roberto_Scano
20:04:58 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
20:05:00 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:05:02 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:05:12 [Andi]
zakim, [IBM] is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:05:12 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:05:19 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:26 [Zakim]
+ +078750aacc - is perhaps Sean_Hayes
20:05:53 [rellero__]
92241# is not valid, how is the passcode?
20:05:59 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart
20:06:13 [Christophe]
zakim, +032 is Christophe_Strobbe
20:06:13 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
20:06:19 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:06:20 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:06:41 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, Bruce is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:06:50 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:06:57 [Christophe]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:07:25 [rellero__]
92241 is not valid
20:07:27 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P19 is Drew_LaHart
20:07:27 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart; got it
20:07:34 [MichaelC]
zakim, Katie is Bruce_Bailey
20:07:34 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:07:46 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg is Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:07:46 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea; got it
20:08:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, Ben has left
20:08:08 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named 'Ben'
20:08:08 [rellero__]
tx
20:08:21 [MichaelC]
zakim, Katie no longer has Ben
20:08:21 [Zakim]
Ben was not listed in Katie_Haritos-Shea, MichaelC
20:08:22 [Zakim]
-Ben; got it
20:08:26 [Gregg]
q?
20:08:29 [Gregg]
acj
20:08:33 [Gregg]
ack k
20:08:35 [Gregg]
ack g
20:08:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:08:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, Drew_LaHart.a is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:08:55 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:08:56 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
20:09:00 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller is Bengt_Farre
20:09:00 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:09:00 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:09:01 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:09:08 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:09:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Liddy_Nevile, Bruce_Bailey, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andy_Heath, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper,
20:09:11 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Roberto_Scano (muted), Sean_Hayes.a, David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre
20:09:13 [Zakim]
Katie_Haritos-Shea has Ben_Caldwell
20:09:14 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
20:09:27 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:09:32 [bengt]
many bens
20:09:39 [rellero__]
Zakim, ??P3 is Roberto_Ellero
20:09:39 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:09:50 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:10:07 [Christophe]
Regrets: Sofia_Celic
20:10:15 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:10:35 [Christophe]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:10:45 [Christophe]
Scribe: Christophe
20:11:07 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:11:07 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Christophe]
20:13:12 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:13:51 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:13:51 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Discussion of Metadata and proposals posted to list (GL)" taken up [from Christophe]
20:14:31 [Christophe]
See list archives: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0180.html and http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0181.html
20:22:28 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:22:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.757.aadd
20:23:17 [marjohn]
marjohn has joined #wai-WCAG
20:24:04 [Christophe]
zakim, +1.140 is Drew_LaHart
20:24:04 [Zakim]
sorry, Christophe, I do not recognize a party named '+1.140'
20:27:08 [David]
q+
20:29:31 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes.a
20:30:07 [Zakim]
+ +078750aaee - is perhaps Sean_Hayes
20:31:01 [Andi]
ack d
20:31:06 [Drew]
q-
20:32:10 [MichaelC]
q- Drew
20:32:14 [MichaelC]
q+ David
20:32:14 [Andi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:32:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Liddy_Nevile, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Tim_Boland, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andy_Heath, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cooper, Christophe_Strobbe,
20:32:19 [Zakim]
... Alex_Li, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Roberto_Scano (muted), David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Roberto_Ellero, +1.240.855.aahh, Drew_LaHart, Sean_Hayes
20:32:21 [Zakim]
Katie_Haritos-Shea has Ben_Caldwell
20:32:23 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
20:32:24 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:33:14 [MichaelC]
zakim, Katie no longer has Ben_Caldwell
20:33:14 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:33:20 [Loretta]
q?
20:33:28 [Loretta]
q+ Liddy
20:34:48 [Gregg]
ack d
20:34:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.240 is Bruce_Bailey
20:34:58 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
20:37:54 [Gregg]
ack l
20:37:57 [bengt]
http://www.inclusivelearning.ca/tile/
20:37:58 [Gregg]
ack alex
20:43:07 [Loretta]
q+ Liddy
20:43:45 [Loretta]
ack c
20:45:54 [Gregg]
ack l
20:46:16 [Gregg]
q+
20:47:17 [Loretta]
q+
20:47:38 [Loretta]
ack a
20:48:20 [Loretta]
q-
20:48:59 [rellero__]
rellero__ has left #wai-wcag
20:50:58 [Loretta]
q+
20:52:49 [Loretta]
q+ AndyH
20:52:58 [Loretta]
ack s
20:52:58 [Gregg]
ack s
20:53:27 [Gregg]
ack k
20:53:44 [Ben]
q+
20:56:44 [Loretta]
ack g
20:57:49 [Gregg]
ack l
20:58:03 [Gregg]
q+
21:00:04 [Gregg]
ack a
21:00:18 [Gregg]
ack alex
21:00:51 [Nikolaos_Floratos]
Nikolaos_Floratos has joined #wai-WCAG
21:01:03 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
21:02:29 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
21:05:00 [Gregg]
ack b
21:05:49 [Loretta]
q+
21:07:10 [Loretta]
ack c
21:07:11 [David]
q+
21:10:15 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
21:10:23 [Christophe]
Resolution: go back and find advisory techniques re metadata
21:11:19 [Christophe]
Resolution: look for and propose sufficient metadata techniques where there is support in the technologies
21:14:57 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
21:15:28 [Christophe]
Resolution: commission a draft for "Understanding Metadata" and other notes for review by the WG
21:17:32 [David]
q+
21:17:44 [Loretta]
ack g
21:22:48 [Loretta]
ack k
21:23:29 [Gregg]
ack l
21:23:44 [Ben]
q+ Liddy
21:24:23 [Loretta]
ack d
21:25:09 [Loretta]
ack l
21:28:01 [Zakim]
-Liddy_Nevile
21:28:27 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:28:27 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Misc. Questions for 20 September 2007 Survey: http://tinyurl.com/2xaw8a" taken up [from Christophe]
21:28:32 [Zakim]
-Andy_Heath
21:28:57 [David]
zakim, who's making noise?
21:29:13 [Zakim]
David, listening for 14 seconds I heard sound from the following: Katie_Haritos-Shea (3%), Tim_Boland (24%), Gregg_Vanderheiden (79%)
21:29:40 [David]
Zakim, mute Tim_Boland
21:29:40 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
21:29:41 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issues 2158, 2082, 2210, 2063 accepted by unanimous consent
21:30:10 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2003: Disabled elements should have a lower contrast ratio...
21:34:24 [Christophe]
Action: Loretta to try to incorporate the 1.4.3 note into the provision
21:36:55 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 2003 accepted as ammended.
21:37:39 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2272
21:40:11 [Gregg]
ack sean
21:41:27 [Gregg]
ack c
21:42:01 [awk]
brb
21:42:19 [Andi]
q+
21:43:20 [Gregg]
ack a
21:45:04 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
21:48:06 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:48:39 [Christophe]
Action: Alex to draft technique for Issue 2272.
21:48:56 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 2272 accepted as ammended.
21:49:20 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2290: extend alternative to text to audio-only or video-only
21:50:11 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:52:31 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:52:42 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:53:11 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:58:45 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:00:02 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 2290 accepted as ammended.
22:00:27 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2162: readability formulas
22:02:33 [Christophe]
action: Sean to look up authors of readability tools in MS products
22:03:23 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 2162 accepted as ammended.
22:04:51 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2175: Why "18 point or 14 point bold"?
22:09:36 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 2175 accepted as ammended.
22:10:06 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
22:10:06 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Christophe]
22:10:17 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 4
22:10:17 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 27 Sep 2007 Survey: http://tinyurl.com/3xjzaf" taken up [from Christophe]
22:11:24 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2358: There is no SC governing the visibility of focus
22:12:53 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:13:13 [Christophe]
Topic: Sean to test whether :active works in IE (issue 2358)
22:13:40 [MichaelC]
action: Sean to test whether :active works in IE (issue 2358)
22:14:01 [MichaelC]
s/Topic: Sean to test whether :active works in IE (issue 2358)//
22:17:19 [shawn]
shawn has joined #wai-wcag
22:17:24 [shawn]
shawn has left #wai-wcag
22:18:23 [MichaelC]
q+ to say applets ideally follow platform preferences
22:19:09 [Loretta]
ack b
22:19:59 [Loretta]
ack s
22:20:30 [MichaelC]
ack me
22:20:30 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to say applets ideally follow platform preferences
22:21:01 [Christophe]
q+ to say "re action: look at :focus instead of :active?"
22:21:18 [MichaelC]
q+ to say the failure about not overriding is important
22:24:19 [Loretta]
ack c
22:24:19 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say "re action: look at :focus instead of :active?"
22:25:15 [Zakim]
- +1.617.584.aall
22:25:34 [Ben]
q+ to say, "this is partially covered in F55"
22:25:48 [Loretta]
ack m
22:25:48 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to say the failure about not overriding is important
22:27:06 [Loretta]
ack b
22:27:06 [Zakim]
Ben, you wanted to say, "this is partially covered in F55"
22:28:02 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
22:30:40 [Christophe]
Resolution: Leave issue 2358 open for rework
22:31:26 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1980: no provision for link highlighting
22:31:34 [Christophe]
Resolution: Leave issue 1980 open for rework
22:32:02 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1994: SC 2.4.1: use of term "block of content"
22:34:45 [Andi]
q+
22:35:04 [Gregg]
ack a
22:40:03 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 1994 accepted.
22:40:49 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2007: Page title as context
22:42:02 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:44:46 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 2007 accepted.
22:45:11 [Christophe]
Topic: Issues 2016, 2126, 2031: SC 1.4.1 Color Differences
22:53:53 [Christophe]
Action: Gregg to review all responses to SC 1.4.4, with special emphasis on 2126
22:54:42 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:02:56 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:03:22 [Christophe]
Resolution: accept 1.4.1 as ammended and SC 1.4.1 issues as ammended (2016, 2126, 2031, 2205, 2255)
23:04:12 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:07:30 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
23:07:31 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:07:32 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
23:07:33 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:07:34 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:07:34 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:07:35 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:07:36 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:07:37 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:07:44 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:07:46 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:07:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.617.253.aaaa, Bruce_Bailey, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland, +44.114.288.aabb, Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Liddy_Nevile, Andy_Heath,
23:07:52 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Scano, Ben_Caldwell, Cynthia_Shelly, Andi_Snow-Weaver, +078750aacc, Sean_Hayes, Drew_LaHart, David_MacDonald, Katie_Haritos-Shea, [IPcaller], Bengt_Farre,
23:07:54 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Ellero, +1.410.757.aadd, +078750aaee, [Microsoft]
23:08:04 [Christophe]
rrsagent, make minutes
23:08:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-minutes.html Christophe
23:10:48 [Ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
23:10:48 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-irc#T23-10-48
23:11:01 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
23:11:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:11:04 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to try to incorporate the 1.4.3 note into the provision [1]
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-34-24
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alex to draft technique for Issue 2272. [2]
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-48-39
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean to look up authors of readability tools in MS products [3]
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-irc#T22-02-33
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean to test whether :active works in IE (issue 2358) [4]
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-irc#T22-13-40
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to review all responses to SC 1.4.4, with special emphasis on 2126 [5]
23:11:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/27-wai-wcag-irc#T22-53-53