IRC log of xhtml on 2007-09-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:06:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xhtml
14:06:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/09/26-xhtml-irc
14:06:21 [markbirbeck]
markbirbeck has joined #xhtml
14:06:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xhtml
14:06:34 [ShaneM]
zakim, this is XHTML2
14:06:34 [Zakim]
ok, ShaneM; that matches IA_XHTML2()10:00AM
14:06:49 [markbirbeck]
zakim, codes?
14:06:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, markbirbeck.
14:06:57 [markbirbeck]
zakim, code?
14:06:57 [Zakim]
the conference code is 94865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), markbirbeck
14:07:04 [ShaneM]
rrsagent, make public
14:07:04 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make public ', ShaneM. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:07:28 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:07:32 [markbirbeck]
zakim, i am ?
14:07:32 [Zakim]
sorry, markbirbeck, I do not see a party named '?'
14:07:41 [markbirbeck]
zakim, i am ??
14:07:41 [Zakim]
sorry, markbirbeck, I do not see a party named '??'
14:07:50 [markbirbeck]
zakim, i am ??22
14:07:50 [Zakim]
sorry, markbirbeck, I do not see a party named '??22'
14:08:00 [markbirbeck]
zakim, i am ??p22
14:08:00 [Zakim]
+markbirbeck; got it
14:08:09 [markbirbeck]
zakim, who is here?
14:08:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +013868aaaa, ??P18, ShaneM, ??P19, markbirbeck
14:08:10 [Zakim]
On IRC I see markbirbeck, RRSAgent, ShaneM, yamx, alessio, Roland_, myakura, Lachy, krijnh
14:08:36 [ShaneM]
Scribe: ShaneM
14:08:47 [Roland_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Sep/0015.html
14:09:06 [alessio]
zakim, ??P18 is Alessio
14:09:06 [Zakim]
+Alessio; got it
14:09:19 [ShaneM]
Topic: Testing XHTML Basic 1.1
14:09:36 [yamx]
zakim ??P19 is me (maybe)
14:09:49 [Roland_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Jul/0035
14:09:50 [markbirbeck]
zakim, ? is yamx
14:09:50 [Zakim]
+yamx; got it
14:10:28 [ShaneM]
Yam reports that OMA testfest 20 was held 2nd week of september. He could not find the test results. He needs to check whether the results are just not available yet or whether they were not done.
14:10:48 [ShaneM]
ACTION: Yam to report on testfest status
14:11:47 [yamx]
TestFest20 (OMA) was Sep 7 to Sep 14.
14:12:19 [Rich]
Rich has joined #xhtml
14:12:52 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:13:13 [Rich]
Zakim, ??P8 is Rich
14:13:13 [Zakim]
+Rich; got it
14:13:22 [Roland_]
XHTML Events 2 issues
14:13:22 [Roland_]
Mark.B has an action to deal with XML 2 events issues from John.Boyer
14:13:27 [Roland_]
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/29-xhtml-minutes.html#action02]
14:16:21 [Roland_]
Caption positioning & binding example using WAI-ARIA markup
14:16:22 [Roland_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Jul/0012
14:16:37 [Roland_]
Why is this an agenda item?
14:18:58 [ShaneM]
ACTION: Rich to sort out the proposal from Gregory as captured in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0341.html
14:22:00 [ShaneM]
TOPIC: Role and Access
14:23:06 [ShaneM]
Steven has made the request for Role to go to last call.
14:24:03 [ShaneM]
TOPIC: longdesc
14:24:30 [ShaneM]
We don't really know the context of this. Roland will figure out what this issue really is?
14:24:34 [ShaneM]
TOPIC: CURIES
14:25:35 [ShaneM]
All issues raised about CURIEs have been addressed.
14:25:52 [ShaneM]
TAG position has not been addressed - we are not sure there was a formal finding.
14:27:23 [ShaneM]
markbirbeck does not think that there is a formal position. He also points out that no one seems to be arguing that QNames are a good idea.
14:29:16 [ShaneM]
ACTION: Shane to produce a new CURIEs doc that is consistent with the RDFa doc and make it public in a similar timeframe to when the RDFa document is made public.
14:29:23 [markbirbeck]
I've searched for "http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01"
14:29:36 [markbirbeck]
and "CompactURIReferences-5"
14:30:04 [markbirbeck]
which are the references in the minutes about raising a TAG issue about CURIEs.
14:30:24 [markbirbeck]
The minutes have:
14:30:26 [markbirbeck]
"ACTION: HST to circulate a candidate description to tag@w3.org [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]"
14:30:35 [markbirbeck]
But I can't find a reference to Henry doing this action.
14:32:37 [ShaneM]
Plan is to get a first public working out as soon after next weeks semantic web meeting as possible.
14:34:04 [markbirbeck]
q+
14:36:01 [ShaneM]
Shane mentioned that we merged the xhtml-rdfa module document and the rdfa-syntax document editorially. there did not seem to be any concerns about this.
14:36:17 [ShaneM]
q-
14:37:09 [ShaneM]
Mark referred to a discussion about what the default prefix is for xhtml-defined reserved terms.
14:37:48 [markbirbeck]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Sep/0237.html
14:38:19 [ShaneM]
Basically the issue is what happens when you have rel="next" - how does the term 'next' get converted to a full URI?
14:38:48 [ShaneM]
Proposal was that we use the xhtml namespace + the term (e.g. http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml#next)
14:39:14 [ShaneM]
new proposal is that we introduce a new prefix within the XHTML namespace and use that as the scoping mechanism for rel/rev values.
14:39:31 [ShaneM]
It will be discussed tomorrow in the RDFa task force call.
14:40:52 [markbirbeck]
The proposal is to use: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/relations instead.
14:40:53 [ShaneM]
Roland asked if there is anything else that might have similar problems?
14:41:03 [ShaneM]
Shane mentioned that there are the values for @role
14:41:14 [markbirbeck]
At the moment we also have: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/datatypes
14:41:47 [markbirbeck]
s/relations in/relations# in/
14:43:30 [ShaneM]
Shane thinks we should ensure that this default prefix can encompass the rel / rev values and the role values
14:43:38 [markbirbeck]
s/datatypes/datatypes\//
14:45:33 [ShaneM]
Mark thinks we can probably just set the default prefix to be the XHTML namespace + '#' because that is really the version independent namespace for XHTML
14:47:08 [ShaneM]
RESOLVED: The default prefix for CURIEs in XHTML family markup languages should be 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml#'
14:51:10 [Roland_]
XML Events 2
14:51:11 [Roland_]
Published: http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item22
14:51:11 [Roland_]
Namespace comment:
14:51:11 [Roland_]
14:51:11 [Roland_]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2007Feb/0000
14:52:21 [ShaneM]
The issues raised in this comment have not all been resolved.
14:52:27 [ShaneM]
Mark and Shane need to address this.
14:52:39 [ShaneM]
ACTION: Mark and Shane to address comments in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2007Feb/0000
14:53:10 [ShaneM]
TOPIC: XHTML 1.1 SE comments
14:53:15 [ShaneM]
all those comments have been addressed.
14:54:05 [ShaneM]
is ready to be republished modulo that we need to put M12N 1.1 out again first.
14:55:14 [ShaneM]
Steven has the action to get M12N 1.1 into CR.
14:56:53 [ShaneM]
ACTION: Everyone please review the action item list and report if actions assigned to you are done (via e-mail)
14:58:29 [ShaneM]
TOPIC: tech plenary f2f meeting
14:58:34 [ShaneM]
Mark is not sure. Shane is not sure.
14:58:59 [alessio]
me too
14:59:22 [ShaneM]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:59:25 [Zakim]
-markbirbeck
14:59:28 [Zakim]
-Alessio
14:59:31 [ShaneM]
RRSAgent, make minutes
14:59:32 [Zakim]
-Rich
14:59:34 [Zakim]
-yamx
14:59:36 [Zakim]
- +013868aaaa
14:59:38 [ShaneM]
[off] low tech crap
14:59:42 [Zakim]
-ShaneM
14:59:44 [Zakim]
IA_XHTML2()10:00AM has ended
14:59:46 [Roland_]
:-)
14:59:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland_, ShaneM, markbirbeck, Alessio, yamx, Rich
15:20:31 [myakura]
myakura has joined #xhtml
16:55:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xhtml
16:56:40 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #xhtml
17:46:11 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #xhtml