UWA Working Group
20 Sep 2007


See also: IRC log


Kaz, Dave, Steph, Rhys, Rich, Jose, Keith




<Dave> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-uwa/2007Sep/0020.them

publishing last call minutes

Dave: no objection, approved last week minutes for public publication

Guest Star: Richard Schwerdtfeger (IBM)

Rich: metadata for assistive technology

<Dave> see http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-roadmap/

Rich: finding alternative, adapting content
... particularly when mashing up multiple sources

no idea of accsessibility feature of each source

based on user preference

then how user preference can be moved to the device and the browser

(cc/pp uaprof ...)

project eu4all to integrate these features

also project ?? to manage use rpreference

Rhys: familiar with Rich work

comment on ways to move forward

Rich: aria LC in october

meeting at the plenary ?

Dave: yes, thursd. and friday

Rich: i've a bunch of WG to join, but will try to come

Rhys: doing ontologies associated with DC

the point where we overlap

lots of WG interested around the device and context capabilities

we started beg. of 2007 to produce our ontologies

big overlap with accessibility area

got interest from MWI and WAI

also from uaprof (oma)

we defined the framework and now populating with properties

you could fit in the framework

Rich: yes we are also looking at what ISO is doing

we should see if it fits with htme to

Rhys: interested to look at your properties, how they work and so on

it is important to understand how people represents their properties.

like screen width

Rich: are you using owl ?

like uaprof ?

Rhys: well uaprof makes poor use of RDF

we try to be regulous (?)

in the ontology

Rhys: also for cc/ppv2 we are doing that just to align with uaprof spec

because UAProf2.0 can't reference a normative w3c spec to rely on

Rich: do you have links to your work in progress ?

Rhys: yes, will drop that on irc

just draft for now

Rich: should i join the WG and ask steve holbrook to fill the forms ?

Dave: yes, it would be the best thing to do

<Rhys> The ontology materials are in a public directory at http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/editors-drafts/DeliveryContextOntology/2007-08-31/

very good to have people working on the user preference management item


<Rhys> The directory contains both the ontology itself and a generated W3C spec

<Dave> raodmap http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/plans/

Dave: comments ?

Steph: could be interesting to have a dynamic version of the roadmap through the product feature of trackbot

<scribe> ACTION:sboyera to explore how to make a dynamic roadmap using product in trackbot [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-uwawg-minutes.html#action01]

<scribe> ACTION: sboyera to explore how to make a dynamic roadmap using product in trackbot [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-uwawg-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-53 - Explore how to make a dynamic roadmap using product in trackbot [on Stéphane Boyera - due 2007-09-27].

<Rotan> (Regrets: On 4 Oct I'll be flying back from Mobile Web Americas)


dave: Thanks to Steph

<Rotan> +1 to clapping

dave: let's see how we can use it
... rotan ? what would you recommend ?

rotan: i can't speak, i'm not on the call

dave: ah ok, so let's start the discussion by mail

<Rotan> Error - Joint DD/UWA call is Monday 24, not 25 as per note on http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/plans/

dave: everybody can edit wiki, but for that create an account and send the usernmae to either steph or me for given the righ t access rights

rhys: could we start adding some page assocaited with eg ontologies ?

dave: yes

all our work items should have an entry there

DCCI CR status

KeithW: 2 items needs to be reviewed: input from mmiwg

<Keith> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-uwa/2007Sep/0012.html

Keith: that's the answer the keith* prepared
... mmiwg looked in details

registration for events: it is not clear how components can register

so we clarified that in our answers. I would be happy to get the WG feedback on our answer

Rhys: yes your answer seems to answer their question

but perhaps we may want to update the doc with your answer, to clarify the text

of the spec

<Rotan> Suggest any subsequent requests for clarification can be done via an evolving FAQ on the wiki. :)

keith: let's see if they agree and if the text is not clear we would amend it

rhys: when the comment is resolved, we hsould amend the spec to clarify for all this part

keith: ok
... then, how remote eventing works


registering for remote events is not in current implementations

not touching REX at htis time

proposal on the table for a DC remote event mechanism

with DCCI client side

it is reeasonable, i understand from where they are coming from, but we are not ready to address that now

dave: +!
... +1

<Rhys> +1 to not addressing remote eventing for DCCI

<Rhys> +1 to separating out the remoteness

Keith: i would answer that way
... then the last one: DCCI interface specification

notion of client and server

rhys: they are just complaining about the term we are using

the glossary is refering to client instead of web client

i think it is just editorial

keith: let's assume that: change to be consistent with the glossary
... will prepare the DoC and post it


<Rhys> I note that the links in 2.1 that are the subject of the comment on 'web client' are to the terms client and server, not web-client and web-server, so I think the comment is invalid. Our glossary links are appropriate.

dave: we will chekc the status in couple weeks

keith: KeithR should take over me in that

dave: ask your AC rep to nominate him

to uwa wg

Web apps Format note

<Dave> see http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/NOTE-dfaui-20070912/

Jose: the charter of WAF included an item about a note of declarative format for ui

that's why we joined waf

Jose: we have an apache project (named ??) which is aiming at doing such a declarative format
... they were reluctant for a new format, but they were pushing hard for html5

and seen dfaui as a competitor

when teh wg was chaired by nokia, the chair didn't want to make progress on dfaui

the wg was not really willing to work on it, despite our wishes

jose: when W3C decided to move on on html5 it was decided to stop the work in that wg

dave: this WG is more appropriate indeed

perhaps using the wiki can help moving on

jose: one lesson from WAF, it is better to progress on small pieces, then trying to address everything at the same time

easy to get agreement on small part

jose: potentiel nice extension to DIAL

and standardize

dave: next step: you myself and Rotan: write something for review and discussion during next f2f

using the wiki for that

jose: who is coordinating ?

Dave: i will be able to do something next week, we coord. by mail


dave: hotel are filling up, so you should move quickly to book your room

book from TPAC page and use this page for booking

join DD/UWA join call

dave: meeting monday



dave: AOB ?

Keith: bike ride ?

Rhys: great ! went extremely well


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: sboyera to explore how to make a dynamic roadmap using product in trackbot [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/20-uwawg-minutes.html#action01]