IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-08-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:57:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc
19:57:07 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:57:12 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
19:57:15 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0111.html
19:57:24 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:57:40 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Mouse-over Previews <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0099.html>
19:58:01 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 30 August 2007 - Conformance survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070830conf/results>
19:58:10 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:26 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 30 Aug 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070830misc/results>
19:58:40 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:58:51 [rellero__]
rellero__ has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:17 [MichaelC]
regrets: Sofia_Celic, Roberto_Scano
19:59:25 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:33 [Zakim]
+??P2
19:59:47 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P2 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
19:59:47 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
19:59:58 [Ben_]
zakim, Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
19:59:58 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:00:24 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:47 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:01:08 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:01:09 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:01:19 [rellero__]
zakim, ??P5 is Roberto_Ellero
20:01:19 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:01:23 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:33 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:01:36 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:01:39 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:54 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:01:55 [Zakim]
+??P11
20:02:04 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:02:06 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:02:17 [bengt]
zakim, ??P12 is Bengt_Farre
20:02:17 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:02:42 [Zakim]
+ +44.118.909.aaaa
20:03:06 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:06 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:48 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:49 [Tim]
Topic: Announcements Questions and Updates
20:05:08 [MichaelC]
scribe: Tim
20:05:58 [Tim]
Topic: Mouse-Over Previews
20:07:22 [MichaelC]
q+ to say you can write script to keep the preview open when the mouse moves over the preview itself
20:07:55 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart
20:08:40 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
20:09:24 [Zakim]
+ +0787509aabb
20:09:32 [Gregg]
ack m
20:09:32 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to say you can write script to keep the preview open when the mouse moves over the preview itself
20:09:33 [Tim]
ack Michael
20:09:39 [Loretta]
q+
20:10:15 [MichaelC]
ack me
20:10:38 [Tim]
ack alex
20:13:35 [Tim]
ack Loretta
20:14:18 [Tim]
ack Katie
20:14:23 [Zakim]
+ +0321632aacc
20:14:38 [Christophe]
zakim, +032 is Christophe_Strobbe
20:14:38 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
20:16:13 [David]
q+_
20:16:15 [Ben]
q+
20:17:02 [Gregg]
ack _
20:17:50 [Tim]
Action: Bruce to review failure of 2.1.1 related to mouse-over preview and prepare new one if needed
20:18:01 [Tim]
ack David
20:18:26 [Tim]
ack Ben
20:22:08 [Gregg]
ack alex
20:22:08 [Tim]
ack alex
20:23:31 [Tim]
Action: Bruce to create advisory technique for proper mouse-over preview behavior (sc1.4.4 and 1.4.7)
20:24:50 [Tim]
topic: 30 August 2007 - Conformance Survey
20:29:31 [Tim]
Resolution: accept issues 2048, 2170, 2219, 2220, 2223, 2225, 2261, 2273, 2275, 2276, 2277, 2280, 2300, 2352, 1970, 2145, 2298 as proposed with unanimous consent
20:30:22 [Tim]
Topic: Issue 1991: layout tables, user agent identification conformance
20:34:59 [Tim]
Resolution: accept issue 1991 as amended
20:35:26 [Tim]
Topic: Issue 2059: better but still dommageable concept
20:42:29 [Tim]
Resolution: accept issue 2059 as amended
20:42:50 [MichaelC]
ben, are you editing or am I?
20:43:09 [Tim]
Topic: issue 2066: testability
20:43:26 [Loretta]
\me I thought Ben was editing the document and Michael the responses in bugzilla?
20:47:11 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2066 as amended
20:48:20 [Tim]
topic: issue 2080 - optional components of conformance claim
20:48:54 [Tim]
resolution: leave 2080 open pending understanding conformance doc
20:49:43 [Tim]
topic: issue 2136 - API
20:50:31 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2136 as amended
20:51:02 [Tim]
topic: issue 2141 - what platforms must be supported?
20:53:53 [awk]
q+
20:55:25 [Tim]
ack awk
20:59:06 [Tim]
resolution: leave issue 2141 open
21:00:53 [Tim]
action: Loretta, Christophe, Gregg to create document on documenting accessibility support
21:01:23 [Tim]
topic: issue 2142 - machine-readable
21:04:59 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2142 as amended
21:05:12 [Loretta]
q+
21:05:36 [Tim]
topic: issue 2144 - use a variety of screen readers in conformance claim examples
21:05:44 [MichaelC]
action: Michael to investigate whether we can use vendor names in W3C specs (issue 2144)
21:06:29 [Tim]
ack Loretta
21:09:05 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2144 as amended
21:09:44 [Tim]
topic: issue 2172 - about "accessibility supported"
21:12:07 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2172 as amended
21:12:36 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:13:00 [Tim]
topic: issue 2221 - addition to "accessibility-supported technologies"
21:13:10 [Tim]
resolution: accept 2221 as amended
21:13:50 [Tim]
topic: issue 2274 - use accessibility-supported technologies
21:14:56 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2274 as amended
21:15:28 [Tim]
topic: issue 2278 - suggestions for conformance requirements
21:16:56 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2278 as amended
21:17:32 [Tim]
topic: issue 2307 - programmatically determined
21:19:57 [Loretta]
q+
21:20:09 [Tim]
ack Loretta
21:21:22 [Loretta]
q+
21:21:38 [awk]
q+
21:22:24 [Tim]
ack loretta
21:22:26 [Gregg]
ack l
21:22:52 [Gregg]
ack awk
21:22:53 [Tim]
ack awk
21:25:18 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2307 subject to editorial cleanup by Gregg
21:25:41 [Tim]
Action: Gregg to clean up issue 2307
21:26:58 [Tim]
topic: issue 2053, 2110 - use alternative versions only when necessary
21:27:17 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
21:30:25 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2053, 2110 as amended including changes to conformance doc
21:30:35 [awk]
awk has left #WAI-WCAG
21:31:03 [Tim]
topic: issue 2129 - "or its URI"
21:39:43 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
21:40:00 [awk]
dropping off for a minute - then calling in mobile
21:40:13 [awk]
awk has left #WAI-WCAG
21:40:53 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:44:35 [Tim]
action: Loretta to create new bugzilla entry for formal closure of alternate version issue
21:45:21 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:46:20 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2129 as amended
21:46:52 [Tim]
topic: issue 1946 - technologies that do not permit alternate versions
21:49:33 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 1946 as amended
21:50:30 [Tim]
topic: issue 2260 - description of the URI does not map well to a 'product'
21:54:07 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:54:59 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:00:14 [Tim]
resolution: leave issue 2260 open
22:00:53 [Tim]
topic: issue 2299 - alternate versions and URIs
22:02:04 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2299 as proposed
22:02:51 [Tim]
topic: issue 2079 - meaning of "non support" requirement
22:08:18 [Tim]
resolution: leave issue 2079 open
22:09:47 [Tim]
topic: issue 2222 - "non-interference" "no keyboard trap" dependent on UA/plugin as well
22:11:19 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
22:17:20 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:18:43 [Gregg]
ack b
22:21:16 [Tim]
resolution: leave issue 2222 open
22:22:24 [Tim]
topic: issue 2316 - clarifying how to evaluate complete processes or transactions
22:25:44 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2316 as proposed
22:26:19 [Tim]
topic: accept revised conformance section
22:35:14 [Tim]
action: Gregg to incorporate edits and bring back for review
22:35:27 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
22:35:27 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, Ben
22:35:36 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
22:35:36 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "30 August 2007 - Conformance survey <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070830conf/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
22:35:43 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
22:35:43 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
22:35:44 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
22:35:45 [Zakim]
1. Announcements, Questions, and Updates [from MichaelC]
22:35:46 [Loretta]
2049, 2077, 2226, 2051, 2058, 2143
22:35:53 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 4
22:35:53 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 30 Aug 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070830misc/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
22:36:27 [Tim]
resolution: accept issues 2049, 2077, 2226, 2051, 2058, 2143 as proposed by unanimous consent
22:37:10 [Tim]
topic: Miscellaneous Proposals for 30 August 2007
22:39:13 [Tim]
topic: issue 2159 - symbols illustrating texts can be ignored by assistive technology
22:40:02 [Tim]
action: michael to write an (advisory?) ARIA technique for 1.1.1, should that feature make it into the spec.
22:42:10 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2159 as amended
22:42:56 [Tim]
topic: issue 2227 - essential exception wording
22:43:20 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2227 as amended
22:43:50 [Tim]
topic: issue 1995 - consider this technique for 2.4.1
22:45:01 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 1995 as amended
22:45:46 [Tim]
topic: issue 2098 - not clear that it's ok to provide directions once for a site
22:47:07 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:49:05 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
22:50:35 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:51:03 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2098 as amended
22:51:36 [Tim]
topic: issue 2270, 2294 - definition of assistive technology
22:51:56 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 2270, 2294 as proposed
22:52:20 [Tim]
topic: handles for guidelines
22:55:14 [Tim]
action: Ben to globally search and replace "multimedia" with "synchronized media"
22:56:03 [Tim]
resolution: accept "handles for guidelines" as amended
22:56:28 [Tim]
topic: issue 1977 - use of null alt
22:58:11 [Tim]
resolution: accept issue 1977 as amended
22:58:26 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:58:28 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:58:32 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:58:34 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:58:36 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:58:37 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:58:37 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:58:41 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:58:44 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:07:34 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
23:07:34 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Ben_Caldwell, Cooper, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Ellero, Tim_Boland, Alex_Li, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Bruce_Bailey,
23:07:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:07:37 [Zakim]
... Bengt_Farre, +44.118.909.aaaa, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Sean_Hayes, Drew_LaHart, +0787509aabb, +0321632aacc, Christophe_Strobbe
23:07:41 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bruce to review failure of 2.1.1 related to mouse-over preview and prepare new one if needed [1]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T20-17-50
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bruce to create advisory technique for proper mouse-over preview behavior (sc1.4.4 and 1.4.7) [2]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T20-23-31
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta, Christophe, Gregg to create document on documenting accessibility support [3]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T21-00-53
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to investigate whether we can use vendor names in W3C specs (issue 2144) [4]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T21-05-44
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to clean up issue 2307 [5]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T21-25-41
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to create new bugzilla entry for formal closure of alternate version issue [6]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T21-44-35
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to incorporate edits and bring back for review [7]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T22-35-14
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: michael to write an (advisory?) ARIA technique for 1.1.1, should that feature make it into the spec. [8]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T22-40-02
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to globally search and replace "multimedia" with "synchronized media" [9]
23:07:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/30-wai-wcag-irc#T22-55-14