IRC log of dawg on 2007-08-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:28:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:28:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-dawg-irc
14:28:08 [LeeF]
zakim, this will be dawg
14:28:08 [Zakim]
ok, LeeF; I see SW_DAWG()10:30AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:28:17 [LeeF]
Meeting: RDF Data Access Weekly
14:28:19 [LeeF]
Chair: LeeF
14:28:31 [LeeF]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2007JulSep/0098.html
14:28:39 [LeeF]
LeeF has changed the topic to: Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2007JulSep/0098.html
14:28:44 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has now started
14:28:49 [LeeF]
agenda + convene
14:28:51 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:28:51 [LeeF]
agenda + actions
14:28:57 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P20 is me
14:28:57 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:28:59 [LeeF]
agenda + query language spec text
14:29:02 [LeeF]
agenda + protocol
14:29:12 [LeeF]
agenda + test suite and implementation report
14:29:29 [LeeF]
Regrets: IvanM, Souri, Chimezie
14:31:06 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:32:03 [LeeF]
agenda + Query Results XML format
14:32:05 [LeeF]
agenda ?
14:33:13 [LeeF]
ericP, make it to a phone yet?
14:33:40 [Zakim]
+Orri_Erling
14:35:50 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #dawg
14:36:14 [LeeF]
SteveH, planning on calling in?
14:36:31 [SteveH]
LeeF, I can if there's a good reason
14:36:49 [SteveH]
LeeF, what's on the cards for today?
14:36:59 [LeeF]
Main thing I was going to ask you is if you have any sort of timetable for test suite results from JXT?
14:38:51 [SteveH]
LeeF, yeah, nowish, I was considering dialing in v's updating my EARL output...
14:39:03 [LeeF]
:-)
14:39:12 [SteveH]
infact I was going to ask where's a good sample to crib from
14:39:20 [LeeF]
only other question is interest-level on the protocol
14:39:29 [LeeF]
Andy's is probably a good place to crib from
14:39:35 [SteveH]
URL?
14:39:54 [SteveH]
we don't currently use the protocol, but our next product will use it in a big way
14:40:00 [LeeF]
http://jena.hpl.hp.com/~afs/DAWG/
14:40:04 [SteveH]
cool, cheers
14:40:09 [LeeF]
might be worth you dialing in then :-)
14:40:29 [SteveH]
ok, has it started?
14:40:45 [SteveH]
so did I, but a while ago :)
14:41:38 [Zakim]
+??P6
14:41:47 [SteveH]
Zakim, ??P6 is SteveH
14:41:47 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:42:32 [AndyS]
I only have CSS-ish stuff for rq25
14:43:21 [AndyS]
+ some wording tweaks from comments.
14:43:24 [LeeF]
EliasT, joining?
14:43:30 [EliasT]
yes coming...
14:48:43 [LeeF]
topic: protocol
14:48:46 [Zakim]
+[IBMCambridge]
14:48:52 [EliasT]
good timing
14:48:56 [LeeF]
<group agreement that no energy to extend charter beyond November>
14:49:04 [EliasT]
Zakim, IBMCambridge is me
14:49:05 [Zakim]
+EliasT; got it
14:49:06 [LeeF]
SteveH: will be using HTTP protocol bindings in the future
14:49:09 [EliasT]
Zakim, please mute me
14:49:10 [Zakim]
EliasT should now be muted
14:49:36 [EliasT]
Zakim, unmute me
14:49:36 [Zakim]
EliasT should no longer be muted
14:49:37 [LeeF]
LeeF: What would people in the WG like for the future of the protocol?
14:49:43 [LeeF]
SteveH: Would be happy with it as a Note
14:51:30 [Zakim]
-Orri_Erling
14:52:13 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:52:20 [LeeF]
LeeF: What is the status of the test materials for the protocol?
14:52:29 [LeeF]
EliasT: We parsed the spec for examples
14:52:39 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:52:44 [LeeF]
... verify that the queries were correct
14:53:02 [LeeF]
... every example in the spec has a manifest that describes the operation
14:54:35 [Zakim]
-EricP
14:54:45 [LeeF]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-tests/data/select/manifest.ttl
14:55:16 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:58:02 [LeeF]
AndyS: (earlier) I think we can at least show the HTTP bindings as interoperable through via discussion between implementors
15:03:22 [LeeF]
tests extracted from spec are in ...proto-tests/data
15:03:35 [LeeF]
python client is in .../proto-tests/tools
15:04:00 [EliasT]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/DawgShows
15:10:48 [LeeF_]
LeeF_ has joined #dawg
15:13:09 [LeeF_]
Elias's code for testing HTTP impls at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-tests/tools/
15:14:05 [LeeF_]
plan: Lee to solicit endpoints that claim to do HTTP or SOAP bindings of the protocol
15:14:17 [LeeF_]
... elias to work to be able to run the python code to test HTTP impls
15:14:18 [AndyS]
-> http://sparql.org/sparql SPARQL endpoint / Joseki
15:14:29 [LeeF_]
...andy to see if his code can be resuscitated to test SOAP endpoints
15:14:41 [LeeF_]
...orri and ivan to see how much work it would be to use their SOAP client to test SOAP endpoints
15:15:36 [LeeF_]
agenda ?
15:16:46 [LeeF_]
zakim, close agendum 4
15:16:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4, protocol, closed
15:16:47 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:16:48 [Zakim]
1. convene [from LeeF]
15:17:25 [Zakim]
-EliasT
15:17:50 [LeeF_]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:17:50 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "query language spec text" taken up [from LeeF]
15:17:57 [LeeF_]
ericP: have a few uncomitted changes
15:18:07 [LeeF_]
... need to figure out Jeremy's changes re: EBV of an invalid literal
15:20:30 [AndyS]
Eric - when you done your changes, ping me and I'll do the last of mine (CSS-ish stuff - one comment rewording)
15:21:31 [LeeF_]
Orri and SteveH will try to look at diffs between CR text and CR text + editorial changes over the next few weeks
15:21:53 [LeeF_]
zakim, close this agendum
15:21:53 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
15:21:54 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:21:55 [Zakim]
1. convene [from LeeF]
15:21:57 [LeeF_]
zakim, take up agendum 6
15:21:57 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Query Results XML format" taken up [from LeeF]
15:25:21 [LeeF_]
ACTION: Orri and Ivan to try the results XML schema and report back the results
15:26:19 [LeeF_]
ACTION: EricP to publish xml format CR pending OK of the results schema
15:26:32 [AndyS]
WSDL: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/sparql-protocol-query.wsdl
15:26:41 [AndyS]
Types: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/sparql-protocol-types.xsd
15:26:54 [AndyS]
from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ (sec 2)
15:27:54 [LeeF_]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2007Aug/0014.html SPARQL WSDL Problems
15:28:38 [LeeF_]
zakim, close this agendum
15:28:38 [Zakim]
agendum 6 closed
15:28:39 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:28:40 [Zakim]
1. convene [from LeeF]
15:28:42 [LeeF_]
agenda ?
15:29:00 [LeeF_]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:29:00 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "test suite and implementation report" taken up [from LeeF]
15:29:21 [LeeF_]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2007JulSep/0100.html EricP with initial implementation report work
15:29:54 [SteveH]
JXT EARL results: http://plugin.org.uk/misc/earl.ttl
15:30:05 [SteveH]
feedback on goodness welcome
15:33:50 [LeeF_]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/reports/ raw data
15:35:05 [ericP]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/report-query.rq
15:36:07 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:36:08 [Zakim]
-??P2
15:36:08 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:36:26 [LeeF_]
ACTION: LeeF to advertise existence of test materials and solicit implementation reports [DONE]
15:36:34 [LeeF_]
ACTION: LeeF to generate archive of test materials which includes license [DONE]
15:36:41 [LeeF_]
ACTION: EliasT to come up with feature list for protocol testing [DONE]
15:36:48 [LeeF_]
ACTION: Eric+Andy to identify and collect mf:requires URIs and put in documentation [CONTINUES]
15:36:55 [LeeF_]
ACTION: ericP to answer "EBV of invalid numeric literals" email from Arjohn [CONTINUES]
15:37:04 [LeeF_]
ACTION: ericP to incorporate text to fix EBV of illformed numeric literals bug in spec [CONTINUES]
15:37:14 [LeeF_]
ACTION: ericP to poke IETF folks about registering SPARQL media types (esp. application/sparql-query) [CONTINUES]
15:37:24 [LeeF_]
ACTION: ericP to write explanatory text saying that, like xsd:inteter and xsd:dateTime, the relative order of simple literals and xsd:strings is not defined here [CONTINUES]
15:37:38 [LeeF_]
ACTION: LeeF to solicit endpoints for HTTP and SOAP implementations of the SPARQL protocol
15:39:42 [LeeF_]
adjourned
15:41:48 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:41:49 [Zakim]
SW_DAWG()10:30AM has ended
15:41:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, LeeF, Orri_Erling, SteveH, EliasT, EricP
15:49:36 [iv_an_ru]
iv_an_ru has joined #dawg
15:50:10 [iv_an_ru]
Hello
15:50:42 [iv_an_ru]
I'm sorry for being late, I'm experiencing a hardware problem.
15:54:23 [LeeF_]
np, iv_an_ru - I believe that Orri has some stuff to talk about with you in the wake of today's meeting
15:55:34 [LeeF_]
ericP, AndyS - I think I know what must have changed
15:55:41 [LeeF_]
we republished the XML Result format
15:55:44 [LeeF_]
as a Last Call
15:55:54 [LeeF_]
we might have clobbered the good versions of files?
15:56:15 [LeeF_]
I will try to dig into that (see Petr's stack trace which references http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/result2.xsd )
15:56:25 [LeeF_]
ah!
15:56:29 [LeeF_]
and that one also references xsi.xsd
15:56:32 [LeeF_]
explicitly
15:57:18 [LeeF_]
I am guessing the difference is between result2.xsd in the proto-wd dir. and in the rf1 dir
15:57:23 [LeeF_]
but not sure how else they relate
15:57:27 [LeeF_]
this needs some looking into...
16:04:40 [iv_an_ru]
iv_an_ru has joined #dawg
16:07:03 [LeeF_]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:07:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-dawg-minutes.html LeeF_
16:07:07 [LeeF_]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access