IRC log of rdfa on 2007-08-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
14:52:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc
14:52:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rdfa
14:53:03 [mhausenblas]
zakim, this will be SW_SWD(RDFa)
14:53:03 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas; I see SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
14:53:30 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: W3C RDF-in-XHTML TF - Telecon 2007-08-23, 15:00 UTC
14:53:52 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Aug/0158.html
14:53:59 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Ben
14:54:29 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:54:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:54:35 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:58:29 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:59:13 [RalphS]
RalphS has joined #rdfa
14:59:45 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM has now started
14:59:52 [Zakim]
+Ralph
14:59:54 [ShaneM]
zakim, code
14:59:54 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', ShaneM
15:00:01 [ShaneM]
zakim, what is the code
15:00:03 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'what is the code', ShaneM
15:00:39 [Zakim]
+Michael_Hausenblas
15:01:28 [benadida]
benadida has joined #rdfa
15:01:54 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, what is the conference code?
15:01:54 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7332 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), mhausenblas
15:02:01 [Zakim]
+benadida
15:02:08 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
15:02:08 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
15:02:10 [Zakim]
+Steven
15:02:27 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:02:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:02:29 [benadida]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:02:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ralph, Michael_Hausenblas, benadida, Steven
15:03:02 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html previous 2007-08-16
15:03:30 [Zakim]
+ShaneM
15:04:04 [markbirbeck]
markbirbeck has joined #rdfa
15:04:18 [markbirbeck]
zakim, code?
15:04:18 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7332 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), markbirbeck
15:04:45 [Zakim]
+markbirbeck
15:05:22 [markbirbeck]
Scribe: markbirbeck
15:06:34 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:06:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:07:09 [markbirbeck]
Ben pointed out that the key thing now is to get a new draft of the syntax document out.
15:07:22 [ShaneM]
I have a question about: http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/htmlwg/rdfa-syntax/Overview.html#s_rules
15:07:24 [markbirbeck]
Steven, Shane and Mark are working on this now.
15:08:03 [markbirbeck]
Steven said that a lot has changed, so we do need to be careful about coordinating.
15:08:31 [markbirbeck]
Shane replied that although it is true that there are changes, the fundamentals remain.
15:08:59 [markbirbeck]
Other than things like 'meta and link everywhere' a lot is similar.
15:09:36 [ShaneM]
sorry - here: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070812/#s_rules
15:10:49 [markbirbeck]
Shane was asking about the section called 'Rules'...i;e., what is it for?
15:11:16 [markbirbeck]
Mark said that 'very old' versions of the document did have a rules section, but we've not bothered keeping it up to date until everything is final.
15:11:30 [markbirbeck]
Action items.
15:12:01 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: Ben to update the bookmarklet to handle img@src
15:12:05 [markbirbeck]
--done
15:13:17 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:13:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html Steven
15:14:00 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: Ben to work test cases 31 and 32 into primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
15:14:10 [markbirbeck]
--continues
15:14:29 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: mh to add a test case for @src [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]
15:15:06 [markbirbeck]
--continues
15:15:16 [mhausenblas]
<img about="http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i" rel="foaf:image" src="http://sw-app.org/img/mic_2007_01.jpg" />
15:15:24 [mhausenblas]
<http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i> foaf:image <http://sw-app.org/img/mic_2007_01.jpg> .
15:16:33 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I'll add another TC with @resource overwrites @src
15:16:45 [markbirbeck]
Ben pointed out that there is no reason not to add additional 'tests' for the single feature.
15:17:12 [markbirbeck]
...there can't be too many test cases. :)
15:17:56 [markbirbeck]
mh to write an img@src test case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
15:18:00 [markbirbeck]
--drop
15:18:13 [Steven]
ACTION: mh to write an img@src test case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
15:18:16 [Steven]
--dropped
15:18:21 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: mh to create best practices wiki page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
15:18:33 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:18:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html Steven
15:18:34 [mhausenblas]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Aug/0142.html
15:20:01 [RalphS]
Mark: I'm concerned that we may be getting too many sources of information; stick to just a couple of documents
15:20:20 [RalphS]
Michael: I don't care where we put best practices information but I think we should have it
15:20:39 [RalphS]
Mark: I worry that we'll have too many things floating around
15:21:38 [markbirbeck]
Ben, can see the point, but Bob's comment about showing how to do microformats with RDFa is a good idea.
15:24:17 [markbirbeck]
Mark: Would just point out that the problem with microformats is that they don't always correspond to a vocabulary, so we'd have to first find the 'underlying' vocabulary that they've mapped to.
15:24:28 [markbirbeck]
...not saying we shouldn't do it, just that it is not so easy.
15:26:15 [markbirbeck]
Ben: Sees support from Shane and Steven for showing how to do microformats with RDFa.
15:26:52 [markbirbeck]
Mark: Why not just focus on microformat users for now?
15:27:28 [markbirbeck]
Ben: Ok...so let's withdraw MH's action item and change to "RDFa for Microformats authors".
15:28:28 [markbirbeck]
--dropped
15:29:29 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: mh to create "Microformats done right -- unambiguous taxonomies via RDF" on the wiki
15:32:02 [markbirbeck]
I'm just pasting the old actions. :)
15:33:47 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
15:33:51 [markbirbeck]
--continues
15:34:08 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: Steven to check test cases 29-33 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
15:34:10 [markbirbeck]
--done
15:34:23 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: Ben to recontact implementors Elias, MarkB, triplr [and Fabien] and post their implementations to http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#Implementations [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
15:34:30 [markbirbeck]
--continues
15:34:42 [markbirbeck]
ACTION: Ben to work through xml:lang issue with Ivan [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
15:35:00 [markbirbeck]
--dropped
15:35:40 [benadida]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Aug/0149
15:37:06 [markbirbeck]
Discussion on @xml:lang.
15:37:15 [markbirbeck]
Topic: @xml:lang
15:37:23 [RalphS]
Shane: Karl's message says that you may only use xml:lang in the XML serialization of HTML5
15:38:00 [markbirbeck]
Ben: Summarising the situation in relation to @lang and @xml:lang.
15:38:20 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:38:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:38:21 [benadida]
PROPOSE to resolve: lang is not part of XHTML1.1, xml:lang is, thus XHTML1.1+RDFa supports only xml:lang.
15:38:40 [mhausenblas]
+1
15:38:46 [Steven]
+1
15:39:41 [markbirbeck]
RESOLUTION: @lang is not part of XHTML1.1, @xml:lang is, so we resolve that XHTML1.1+RDFa will only support @xml:lang.
15:40:10 [benadida]
ACTION: Ben, Mark, Elias, and other implementors to add xml:lang support
15:41:02 [mhausenblas]
Q: Does datatype hold a CURIE or a CURIE/URI?
15:42:01 [mhausenblas]
implicit: CURIE only
15:43:20 [markbirbeck]
Ben: PROPOSE that @datatype holds a basic_curie, rather than a safe_curie.
15:43:25 [ShaneM]
+q
15:43:37 [mhausenblas]
ack ShaneM
15:43:44 [markbirbeck]
...to use the terminology in the latest edits of CURIE syntax.
15:44:24 [RalphS]
Shane: in the latest CURIE editors' draft we removed square brackets
15:44:35 [RalphS]
Mark: we didn't actually remove them, we moved them to a different level
15:44:41 [mhausenblas]
+q ot ask about definition of basic vs. safe
15:44:59 [RalphS]
... the author can make a reference to a "basic CURIE" or to a "safe CURIE"
15:45:28 [markbirbeck]
s/the author/the author of a language using CURIEs/
15:46:12 [mhausenblas]
+1 to Ben's datatype proposal
15:46:58 [markbirbeck]
RESOLUTION: @datatype holds a basic_curie, rather than a safe_curie. (I.e., it does not need to have square brackets around it, and is essentially the same behaviour as @rel, @rev and @property.)
15:47:08 [RalphS]
agenda+ SWD WG face-to-face 8-9 Oct
15:47:33 [RalphS]
-> http://www.few.vu.nl/~aisaac/swd/ SWD WG face-to-face, 8-9 Oct, Amsterdam
15:47:48 [RalphS]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:47:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "SWD WG face-to-face 8-9 Oct" taken up [from RalphS]
15:48:14 [markbirbeck]
Ralph: The WG has decided to have a meeting on 8 and 9 October.
15:48:31 [markbirbeck]
...we started to put together the agenda.
15:48:40 [markbirbeck]
...question is whether RDFa 'wants' to be on the agenda.
15:48:49 [markbirbeck]
Ben: We need to be on the agenda.
15:48:54 [markbirbeck]
...who else is going?
15:49:05 [markbirbeck]
Steven: It's a holiday week, so won't be there.
15:49:49 [markbirbeck]
Ralph: Think we should involve others from the SW Deployment WG.
15:50:20 [markbirbeck]
...because we (Ralph, Ben) haven't been pushing RDFa onto the agenda then it hasn't often been raised.
15:50:39 [markbirbeck]
...if we think that there are contributions that we want from people then we should try to be on the agenda.
15:51:43 [markbirbeck]
Mark: Asked if it was worth being on the agenda so as to do some RDFa marketing.
15:51:54 [markbirbeck]
Ralph: Thinks it may well be worth it.
15:52:59 [markbirbeck]
Ben: Thinks it would be worth promoting RDFa too.
15:53:26 [markbirbeck]
...if we had mature documents by then, and good implementations, perhaps Mark could present 'the package'.
15:54:05 [RalphS]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AmsterdamAgenda [draft] SWD WG f2f agenda
15:55:03 [markbirbeck]
Ralph: So it looks like Ben, Michael and Shane could be there remotely, and Mark might be able to attend in person.
15:57:16 [RalphS]
Topic: Documents
15:57:18 [markbirbeck]
Topic: Documents
15:58:14 [RalphS]
Mark: Shane and I were working on CURIEs the past week
15:58:30 [RalphS]
... I'm interested in the Rules section of the syntax document
15:58:32 [Steven]
Correction: I am in Amsterdam that week
15:58:37 [Steven]
I can attend
15:59:07 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:59:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:59:22 [RalphS]
... if I focus on the Rules section that might be a way to manage editing conflicts
15:59:43 [RalphS]
Ben: can the editors find a time for an hour telecon?
16:00:15 [Steven]
I have posted to rdfa.info about Joost
16:01:27 [RalphS]
Ben: I'm planning to revamp the Primer completely, focus on the important attributes
16:01:43 [mhausenblas]
-> http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/EuroSta
16:02:13 [mhausenblas]
-> http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/EuroStat
16:03:07 [Zakim]
-markbirbeck
16:03:09 [Zakim]
-ShaneM
16:03:10 [Zakim]
-Steven
16:03:11 [Zakim]
-Ralph
16:03:13 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
16:03:15 [Zakim]
-benadida
16:03:17 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM has ended
16:03:18 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ralph, Michael_Hausenblas, benadida, Steven, ShaneM, markbirbeck
16:03:22 [mhausenblas]
Michael: any input for riese welcome ;)
16:03:25 [markbirbeck]
mmm...what's the magic again?
16:03:32 [markbirbeck]
"zakim, make minutes"?
16:03:43 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:03:43 [markbirbeck]
or do I do something else first?
16:03:48 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:03:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:06:59 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has left #rdfa
16:08:33 [benadida]
benadida has left #rdfa
17:01:54 [RalphS]
zakim, bye
17:01:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdfa
17:02:00 [RalphS]
rrsagent, bye
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
I see 11 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-actions.rdf :
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to update the bookmarklet to handle img@src [1]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-12-01
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to work test cases 31 and 32 into primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14] [2]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-14-00
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mh to add a test case for @src [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action10] [3]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-14-29
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mh to write an img@src test case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action11] [4]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-18-13
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mh to create best practices wiki page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13] [5]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-18-21
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mh to create "Microformats done right -- unambiguous taxonomies via RDF" on the wiki [6]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-29-29
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04] [7]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-33-47
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Steven to check test cases 29-33 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action09] [8]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-34-08
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to recontact implementors Elias, MarkB, triplr [and Fabien] and post their implementations to http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#Implementations [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action09] [9]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-34-23
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to work through xml:lang issue with Ivan [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action07] [10]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-34-42
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben, Mark, Elias, and other implementors to add xml:lang support [11]
17:02:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-irc#T15-40-10