IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-08-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:04:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:04:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/08/09-wai-wcag-irc
19:04:27 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
19:04:35 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0060.html
19:04:40 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:04:46 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:06:12 [MichaelC]
regrets: Tim_Boland, Nikolaos_Floratos, Ben_Caldwell(implied)
19:35:43 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:01 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
19:57:40 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:57:45 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:47 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
19:58:43 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:51 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
19:59:53 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:04 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:47 [Zakim]
+??P13
20:01:13 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:02:22 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.219.aaaa
20:02:38 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:02:38 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
20:02:47 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:02:54 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:55 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:05 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:03:05 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:03:55 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:08 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:04:09 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:27 [bengt]
zakim, ??P6 is Bengt_Farre
20:04:27 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:04:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:04:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:04:41 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:06:10 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:06:21 [rellero_]
Zakim, ??P8 is Roberto_Ellero
20:06:21 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:07:24 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
20:07:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "2 Aug 2007 Proposals <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070802proposals/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:07:30 [MichaelC]
scribe: Christophe
20:08:19 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:37 [Christophe]
Resoluation: issues 2060, 2119 accepted with unanimous consent
20:08:45 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2231: Is SC 2.4.9 testable?
20:16:38 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:18:35 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:18:50 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:19:14 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Sean_Hayes
20:19:14 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:20:24 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:21:35 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:21:52 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sean_Hayes (71%)
20:28:53 [awk]
q+
20:30:12 [awk]
q-
20:35:50 [Gregg]
ack b
20:39:01 [Christophe]
Action: David to see if we can increase testability of SC 2.4.9 (issues 2231 and 2169)
20:41:11 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2097: Which SC covers frame names?
20:47:25 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2097 accepted as amended.
20:47:38 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2326: deprecate use of frames
20:51:04 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2326 accepted as amended.
20:51:16 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2358: There is no SC governing the visibility of focus
21:00:54 [Christophe]
Resolution: create a new success criterion at level AA about focus visibility
21:02:00 [Christophe]
Action: Loretta to propose a success criterion regarding focus visibility .. (issue 2358)
21:02:30 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2339: testing 4.1.1
21:04:00 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2339 accepted as amended.
21:04:08 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2250: Transcript = text allows no captions
21:09:00 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:09:46 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:11:26 [Gregg]
full text alternative for multimedia including any interaction
21:14:50 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2250 accepted as amended.
21:15:02 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2355: Audio CAPTCHAs
21:20:22 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2355 accepted with Ben's edits
21:20:32 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2286: contradiction between subprovisions
21:25:40 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2286 accepted as proposed.
21:25:49 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2043: UA bug on object
21:36:04 [Christophe]
Resolution: leave issue 2043 open.
21:36:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
21:36:16 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "09 Aug 2007 Proposals <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/2070809survey/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:36:33 [Loretta]
2310, 2148, 2266
21:37:05 [Christophe]
Resolution: issues 2310, 2148, 2266 accepted with unanimous consent
21:37:13 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2093: labels and names
21:40:16 [Loretta]
If it is any of the following, then text alternatives at least identify the non-text content with a descriptive text label: multimedia, live audio-only or live video-only content, a test or exercise that must be presented in non-text format, or content primarily intended to create a specific sensory experience. (For multimedia, see also Guideline 1.2.)
21:46:00 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2093 accepted as amended.
21:46:20 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2130: Can SC 1.3.2 ever fail?
21:52:49 [Gregg]
ack sofia
21:53:55 [Zakim]
+??P5
22:00:28 [Christophe]
Action: Sean to bring forward his concern about SC 1.3.2 and 2.4.3 (SC 2.4.3 not needed because of SC 1.3.2?).
22:01:51 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
22:01:52 [awk]
I need to cut out.
22:01:57 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:02:17 [Christophe]
Resolution: issue 2130 accepted as amended.
22:02:28 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2030: use of shape
22:13:39 [Sofia]
q+
22:14:46 [MichaelC]
ack s
22:16:06 [Christophe]
Resolution: accept issue 2030 as amended.
22:16:18 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2203: just applicable to "instructions"?
22:26:02 [Christophe]
Resolution: accept issue 2203 as amended.
22:26:23 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2262: resizing of form controls
22:33:44 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:37:48 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:46:49 [Christophe]
Resolution: leave issue 2262 open
22:47:23 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2111: Text resizing
22:53:34 [Christophe]
Resolution: send back issue 2111
22:53:51 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2356: remove SC 1.4.7 (Reflow)
23:04:43 [Christophe]
Resolution: leave issue 2356 open.
23:05:02 [Christophe]
Next meeting: pick up this survey starting at Issue 2263: "Contrast ratio" definition and user-selected colours.
23:07:47 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:07:48 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:07:48 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
23:07:50 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:07:52 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
23:07:53 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
23:07:53 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:08:17 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
23:08:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bengt_Farre, Sean_Hayes, Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:08:22 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop beng
23:08:22 [Zakim]
Bengt_Farre is being disconnected
23:08:23 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
23:08:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop sean
23:08:25 [Zakim]
Sean_Hayes is being disconnected
23:08:27 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:08:28 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop kaite
23:08:28 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not see a party named 'kaite'
23:08:33 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop katie
23:08:33 [Zakim]
Katie_Haritos-Shea is being disconnected
23:08:35 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:08:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Cooper, Alex_Li, Gregg_Vanderheiden, David_MacDonald, +1.617.219.aaaa, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre,
23:08:38 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Sean_Hayes, Drew_LaHart, Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:08:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
23:08:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:08:45 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
23:08:45 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/09-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:08:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to see if we can increase testability of SC 2.4.9 (issues 2231 and 2169) [1]
23:08:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/09-wai-wcag-irc#T20-39-01
23:08:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to propose a success criterion regarding focus visibility .. (issue 2358) [2]
23:08:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/09-wai-wcag-irc#T21-02-00
23:08:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean to bring forward his concern about SC 1.3.2 and 2.4.3 (SC 2.4.3 not needed because of SC 1.3.2?). [3]
23:08:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/09-wai-wcag-irc#T22-00-28