IRC log of xmlsec on 2007-08-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:46:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
12:46:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:46:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
12:46:42 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
12:46:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
12:46:44 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
12:46:46 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 07 August 2007
12:47:29 [tlr]
trackbot-ng, please be confused
12:49:53 [rmiller]
rmiller has joined #xmlsec
12:50:48 [fjh]
fjh has joined #xmlsec
12:51:29 [fjh]
trackbot-ng, please start meeting
12:51:50 [tlr]
hi frederick
12:52:03 [tlr]
I just submitted a bug report about trackbot not accepting "please" in that phrase... Did it some minutes ago
12:52:39 [fjh]
fjh has joined #xmlsec
12:52:42 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
12:52:49 [Zakim]
12:53:11 [tlr]
tlr has changed the topic to: XMLSEC | 965732 |
12:53:15 [tlr]
12:53:17 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-78
12:53:17 [Zakim]
I am sorry, tlr; I do not know a number for thomas-78
12:53:20 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
12:53:20 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
12:53:21 [Zakim]
12:53:33 [tlr]
zakim, ??P0 is rmiller
12:53:33 [Zakim]
+rmiller; got it
12:53:34 [Zakim]
12:54:10 [rdm]
rdm has joined #xmlsec
12:54:19 [tlr]
zakim, rmiller is really rdm
12:54:19 [Zakim]
+rdm; got it
12:54:34 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
12:54:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdm, Thomas, Frederick_Hirsch
12:54:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rdm, fjh, rmiller, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
12:55:36 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec
12:57:03 [CGI663]
CGI663 has joined #xmlsec
12:57:22 [tlr]
cgi663, who are you?
12:57:25 [fjh]
zakim, fjh is Frederick_Hirsch
12:57:25 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'fjh'
12:57:30 [Sean]
Sean has joined #xmlsec
12:57:31 [fjh]
zakim, Frederick_Hirsch is fjh
12:57:31 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
12:57:38 [fjh]
zakim, mute me
12:57:38 [Zakim]
fjh should now be muted
12:57:43 [fjh]
zakim, unmute me
12:57:43 [Zakim]
fjh should no longer be muted
12:58:54 [fjh]
Topic: Administrivia
12:59:13 [Zakim]
12:59:16 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
12:59:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdm, Thomas, fjh, sean
12:59:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Sean, rdm, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
12:59:38 [fjh]
Regrets: Juan Carlos Cruellas
12:59:53 [Zakim]
13:00:28 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
13:01:01 [tlr]
Topic: administrvia
13:01:08 [tlr]
fjh: sean to scribe next meeting
13:01:20 [rdm]
fjh: first item is the workshop
13:01:31 [fjh]
13:01:35 [fjh]
info on position papers
13:01:59 [rdm]
fjh: we all should be writing position papers. deadline is 14 Aug
13:02:08 [rdm]
... they need to get done this week
13:02:34 [fjh]
Review and approval of last meeting's minutes
13:02:40 [tlr]
Topic: minutes
13:02:41 [fjh]
13:03:03 [rdm]
RESOLUTION: Minutes approved
13:03:08 [klanz2]
klanz2 has joined #xmlsec
13:03:22 [rdm]
Topic: Action Item Review
13:03:59 [Zakim]
13:04:09 [rdm]
ACTION-26: remains open
13:04:10 [klanz2]
zakim, ? is klanz2
13:04:10 [Zakim]
+klanz2; got it
13:04:50 [tlr]
13:05:02 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:05:17 [rdm]
klanz2: working on a position paper and should have it done by the deadline
13:06:12 [rdm]
tlr: there is quite a bit of work that needs to be done once the position papers start coming in
13:06:25 [rdm]
... early submission is best
13:06:34 [rdm]
... will discuss more next week
13:07:07 [rdm]
ACTION-50: open and should be done by Thomas 14 Aug
13:07:15 [Giles]
Giles has joined #xmlsec
13:07:25 [klanz2]
zakim, agenda?
13:07:25 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
13:07:53 [fjh]
13:08:07 [Zakim]
+ +30281039aaaa
13:08:08 [rdm]
ACTION-65: open
13:08:23 [tlr]
zakim, aaaa is Giles
13:08:23 [Zakim]
+Giles; got it
13:10:05 [rdm]
ACTION-68: open, Sean will confirm if it is done
13:10:44 [rdm]
Sean: we have a test plan
13:10:54 [rdm]
... need to start implementing the test cases
13:11:34 [rdm]
... need to assign test cases for implementation
13:11:39 [tlr]
I hear Sean saying "we need the test cases as data, as opposed to descriptions".
13:11:56 [tlr]
sean, is that accurate?
13:12:02 [Sean]
13:12:06 [PHB]
PHB has joined #xmlsec
13:12:08 [rdm]
ACTION-70: closed, duplicate of 65
13:13:06 [rdm]
ACTION-71: open
13:13:57 [tlr]
13:15:47 [fjh]
ACTION: juan carlos add test case for RFC 4514 warning
13:15:48 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-75 - Carlos add test case for RFC 4514 warning [on Juan Carlos Cruellas - due 2007-08-14].
13:17:02 [rdm]
ACTION-72: open
13:17:09 [fjh]
konrad: reviewing old and new XPointer, still in progress
13:17:32 [fjh]
... discovered wide use, action-73
13:18:39 [fjh]
tlr: need to verify we have comment list, parties in action-73 can use it
13:18:56 [tlr]
13:19:23 [fjh]
German Sparkasse?
13:19:37 [tlr]
13:19:43 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:20:26 [rdm]
tlr: we are not depricating anything that has not been depricated before
13:20:39 [fjh]
13:20:48 [rdm]
... this may be on the edge of our scope
13:21:22 [fjh]
... for the workshop
13:21:50 [fjh]
tlr: suggest asking for workshop position paper on XPointer and use cases
13:22:12 [rdm]
tlr: it is important to understand the non web service use cases
13:22:47 [rdm]
ACTION-73: open
13:23:35 [rdm]
fjh: we will discuss XPointer later in the agenda
13:23:53 [tlr]
topic: xmldsig-core draft
13:23:54 [fjh]
13:24:17 [fjh]
In this specification, a 'same-document' reference is defined as a
13:24:27 [fjh]
URI-Reference that does not contain a URI. [URI]
13:24:50 [fjh]
, in other words a hash sign ('#') followed by a fragment identifier [URI]."
13:25:39 [tlr]
13:25:42 [rdm]
fjh: It makes perfect sense RFC 2396 , but not for RFC3986
13:25:58 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:26:05 [rdm]
... we may want to add some wording to clarify
13:27:38 [rdm]
fjh: the hash is not technically part of the fragment so we will need to discuss the hash
13:28:19 [rdm]
... should we just say a hash and a fragment identifyer?
13:28:30 [rdm]
klanz2: +1
13:28:31 [fjh]
13:28:39 [fjh]
13:29:22 [fjh]
just say - In this specification, a 'same-document' reference is defined as a hash followed by a fragement identifier.
13:29:27 [klanz2]
RFC 2396:
13:29:37 [klanz2]
URI-reference = [ absoluteURI | relativeURI ] [ "#" fragment ]
13:29:37 [klanz2]
absoluteURI = scheme ":" ( hier_part | opaque_part )
13:29:37 [klanz2]
relativeURI = ( net_path | abs_path | rel_path ) [ "?" query ]
13:29:44 [fjh]
13:29:44 [tlr]
defined as a URI refrence that consists of a hash sign ('#') followed by a fragment.
13:30:31 [tlr]
URI-reference = URI / relative-ref
13:30:54 [klanz2]
same_document_URI = [ "#" fragment ]
13:31:02 [fjh]
In this document same-document reference ="#" fragment
13:32:02 [fjh]
URI reference that consists of hash sign ('#') followed by fragment identifier or an empty URI
13:32:29 [tlr]
fragment identifier -> fragment
13:34:26 [tlr]
ACTION: frederick to make changes to document to (a) clarify same-document URI reference, (b) change reference to URI
13:34:27 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-76 - Make changes to document to (a) clarify same-document URI reference, (b) change reference to URI [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2007-08-14].
13:34:38 [tlr]
13:34:46 [fjh]
trl: need to define URI
13:34:54 [fjh]
to replace @@ in draft
13:35:32 [fjh]
use this through interop testing, at C14N11 to PR might change, use this until then
13:36:15 [fjh]
13:36:27 [rdm]
klanz2: it may be worse for the interop participants to be aware of comment in appendix A
13:36:33 [tlr]
13:36:44 [fjh]
klanz2: should include changes in Appendix A in testing (in CR draft)
13:37:02 [rdm]
13:38:08 [rdm]
fjh: we need to decide what to do about the URI
13:38:33 [rdm]
... any issues using the URI that Thomas has suggested?
13:38:35 [tlr]
ACTION: frederick to update algorithm URIs for c14n11
13:38:35 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-77 - Update algorithm URIs for c14n11 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2007-08-14].
13:39:07 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: agree to use for c14n11 through interop (at least)
13:39:41 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
13:39:41 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:39:44 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
13:39:44 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
13:41:42 [fjh]
are you saying that there are corrections to the C14N11 CR draft Appendix A that need to be considered?
13:42:08 [klanz2]
13:43:24 [fjh]
answer is yes, corrections to Appendix A in CR draft are not listed in CR draft but should be considered in our testing
13:43:51 [tlr]
13:43:56 [tlr]
13:45:00 [fjh]
klanz2: The correct Appendix A for C14N11 is reflected in
13:45:08 [klanz2]
13:48:01 [rdm]
fjh: we want to use the one that has benn corrected by Konrad
13:48:09 [rdm]
tlr: +1
13:48:10 [fjh]
Need to have note that we are using update to CR
13:48:13 [fjh]
13:48:18 [rdm]
13:48:39 [fjh]
Note needs to be in interop test document and interop event notes
13:49:20 [tlr]
ACTION: frederick to put note about corrected appendix A all over the place, including editor's note in xmldsig-core editor's draft
13:49:21 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-78 - Put note about corrected appendix A all over the place, including editor's note in xmldsig-core editor's draft [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2007-08-14].
13:50:29 [fjh]
klanz2: concerned about strong discourage of XPointer, since have been available since 2002 and used
13:51:08 [rdm]
... should warn rather than discourage
13:51:30 [klanz2]
Now: Support of the xpointer() scheme [XPointer-xpointer] beyond the minimal usage discussed in this section is discouraged.
13:52:42 [fjh]
discouraged for future signature generation (?)
13:54:14 [fjh]
tlr: Those who use full XPointer should lobby for Xpointer advancement
13:54:28 [EdS]
+1 to tlr
13:54:41 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:54:41 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:55:05 [klanz2]
13:55:11 [fjh]
13:55:40 [klanz2]
ack klanz2
13:55:43 [fjh]
ack klanz
13:55:46 [fjh]
ack fjh
13:56:25 [rdm]
klanz2: concerned that we are working on an addition and not a revision
13:56:30 [fjh]
klanz2: addition binds all implementations, and this edition of XML Sig is an addition not revision
13:56:37 [fjh]
13:56:48 [fjh]
s/an addition/
13:56:53 [fjh]
s/an additino/
13:56:59 [fjh]
s/an addition//
13:58:37 [EdS]
Sounds like we are stuck; Let's think about this over next week.
13:58:40 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:58:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdm, Thomas, fjh, sean, Ed_Simon, klanz2, Giles
14:00:05 [Zakim]
14:00:08 [rdm]
fjh: see you next week
14:00:16 [Zakim]
14:00:18 [Zakim]
14:00:44 [klanz2]
tlr: do you want me to stay online ...
14:00:54 [klanz2]
EBICS etc ... ?
14:01:11 [fjh]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:01:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdm, Thomas, fjh, klanz2
14:01:16 [tlr]
rrsagent, make log public
14:01:30 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:01:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate tlr
14:02:13 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:02:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate tlr
14:03:15 [Zakim]
14:03:16 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see rdm, Thomas, klanz2
14:03:49 [Zakim]
14:03:54 [klanz2]
I was kicked out one sec
14:04:03 [tlr]
let's go to skype instead
14:04:05 [tlr]
zakim, drop me
14:04:05 [Zakim]
Thomas is being disconnected
14:04:06 [Zakim]
14:04:12 [klanz2]
zakim, what is the code?
14:04:12 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), klanz2
14:04:24 [Zakim]
14:04:29 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
14:04:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were Thomas, rdm, fjh, sean, Ed_Simon, klanz2, +30281039aaaa, Giles
14:04:45 [klanz2]
call you on skype OK?
14:04:49 [tlr]
14:05:41 [PHB]
PHB has left #xmlsec
14:06:08 [klanz2]
skype is slow ....
14:21:48 [tlr]
16:31:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec
17:10:50 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec