IRC log of xmlsec on 2007-07-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:56:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
12:56:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/07/31-xmlsec-irc
12:57:18 [fjh]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
12:57:18 [Zakim]
ok, fjh; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
12:57:28 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec
12:57:31 [fjh]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG Conference Call
12:57:46 [tlr]
trackbot-ng, please start meeting
12:57:52 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
12:58:03 [tlr]
good morning...
12:58:10 [tlr]
Frederick, I assume RRSagent is collaborating now?
12:58:17 [Sean]
Sean has joined #xmlsec
12:58:25 [tlr]
trackbot-ng, start meeting
12:58:25 [trackbot-ng]
Tracking ISSUEs and ACTIONs from http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/track/
12:58:27 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs member
12:58:30 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
12:58:30 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
12:58:32 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
12:58:34 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 31 July 2007
12:58:34 [tlr]
actually, it's not "please start meeting", but "start meeting"
12:58:39 [tlr]
... and it'll do the initiation stuff
12:58:49 [tlr]
rrsagent, make logs public
12:59:07 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
12:59:13 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
12:59:14 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
12:59:14 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
12:59:16 [tlr]
zakim, drop thomas
12:59:16 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not see a party named 'thomas'
12:59:26 [tlr]
zakim, drop thomas
12:59:26 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not see a party named 'thomas'
12:59:30 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:59:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ed_Simon
12:59:36 [PHB]
PHB has joined #xmlsec
12:59:37 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
12:59:39 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
12:59:39 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
12:59:41 [Zakim]
+Thomas
12:59:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.876.aaaa
12:59:56 [PHB]
zakim, code
12:59:56 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', PHB
12:59:59 [PHB]
zakim, code?
12:59:59 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), PHB
12:59:59 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
13:00:11 [tlr]
zakim, drop thomas
13:00:11 [Zakim]
Thomas is being disconnected
13:00:13 [Zakim]
-Thomas
13:00:14 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
13:00:14 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
13:00:16 [Zakim]
+Thomas
13:00:30 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
13:00:30 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
13:00:31 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jul/0052.html
13:00:31 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
13:00:31 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
13:00:36 [Zakim]
+Anthony_Nadalin
13:00:54 [fjh]
RRSAgent, make log public
13:00:55 [hal]
hal has joined #xmlsec
13:01:10 [Zakim]
+??P2
13:01:10 [fjh]
Zakim, who is here?
13:01:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ed_Simon, Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas (muted), +1.617.876.aaaa, Anthony_Nadalin, ??P2 (muted)
13:01:14 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hal, PHB, Sean, EdS, tlr, RRSAgent, Zakim, jcc, fjh, trackbot-ng
13:01:15 [tlr]
zakim, unmute me
13:01:18 [Zakim]
Thomas should no longer be muted
13:01:31 [tlr]
zakim, ??P2 is jcc
13:01:34 [fjh]
zakim, 876 is sean
13:01:36 [Zakim]
+jcc; got it
13:01:42 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named '876'
13:02:02 [fjh]
zakim, +1.617.876 is sean
13:02:04 [Zakim]
+sean; got it
13:02:13 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:02:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ed_Simon, Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, sean, Anthony_Nadalin, jcc
13:02:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hal, PHB, Sean, EdS, tlr, RRSAgent, Zakim, jcc, fjh, trackbot-ng
13:02:57 [Zakim]
+Hal_Lockhart
13:04:07 [fjh]
Regrets: Rob Miller
13:04:52 [fjh]
Topic: Administrative
13:05:06 [PHB2]
PHB2 has joined #xmlsec
13:05:15 [PHB2]
zakim, code
13:05:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', PHB2
13:05:17 [PHB2]
zakim, code?
13:05:17 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), PHB2
13:05:21 [tlr]
ScribeNick: tlr
13:05:38 [klanz2]
klanz2 has joined #xmlsec
13:05:40 [Zakim]
+PHB
13:05:43 [tlr]
fjh: Tony trying to get the scribing set up
13:05:48 [tlr]
.... Rob to scribe next time ...
13:05:54 [tlr]
... please submit position papers soon ...
13:06:01 [tlr]
... thanks to repsondents to interop questionnaire ...
13:06:09 [tlr]
... IBM is going to participate, will have 4 implementations ...
13:06:14 [tlr]
... more people attending ...
13:06:20 [tlr]
... thanks to Hal for definitive answer ...
13:06:39 [tlr]
... questionnaire is closed now ...
13:06:42 [tlr]
??: who participating?
13:06:54 [tlr]
tlr: IBM, Sean, Juan-Carlos, Konrad
13:07:06 [tlr]
fjh: last meeting's minutes?
13:07:22 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-xmlsec-minutes
13:07:36 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: minutes approved
13:07:56 [tlr]
Topic: action items
13:08:20 [fjh]
action 26 open
13:08:31 [fjh]
action-50 open
13:09:14 [fjh]
ACTION-53 not ready for last call, due to XPointer issue, close. Open new issue when ready
13:09:36 [fjh]
action-64 done, close
13:10:16 [nadalin]
nadalin has joined #xmlsec
13:10:30 [fjh]
action-65 keep open
13:10:33 [tlr]
ScribeNick: nadalin
13:10:34 [tlr]
welcome tony
13:10:54 [jcc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2002AprJun/att-0016/01-merlin-xmldsig-twenty-three.tar.gz
13:11:06 [fjh]
to develop/retrieve test cases for C14N with comments, scheme-based xpointers
13:11:11 [nadalin]
Scribe:nadalin
13:11:27 [tlr]
q+
13:12:06 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:12:43 [fjh]
correction - keep action 53 has pending rather than closing, revisit later.
13:13:14 [tlr]
fjh, you're confusing me -- 53 is the "work toward last call" one that we closed.
13:13:15 [tlr]
this is 65
13:13:40 [nadalin]
jcc:generate more simple test cases, jcc to send proposal to list
13:13:42 [tlr]
I'm hearing jcc perfectly well
13:13:51 [EdS]
jcc, I hear him fine too.
13:14:11 [Zakim]
+??P11
13:14:12 [klanz2]
zakim, ? is klanz2
13:14:12 [Zakim]
+klanz2; got it
13:14:19 [nadalin]
thomas: done with 53 and 65
13:14:26 [tlr]
... for the purpose of this call ...
13:15:10 [nadalin]
ACTION: JCC to send proposal for 65 to list
13:15:10 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-70 - Send proposal for 65 to list [on Juan Carlos Cruellas - due 2007-08-07].
13:15:14 [tlr]
fjh: 65 continued; juan carlos to refine
13:15:31 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:15:31 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:15:41 [nadalin]
fjh: action 66 complete
13:16:16 [nadalin]
fjh: action 67 complete
13:16:28 [fjh]
action 67, also added xquery 1.0
13:16:47 [nadalin]
fjh:action 68 still open
13:17:40 [fjh]
use test cases for examples in test cases
13:17:57 [fjh]
s/in test cases/in best practices/
13:17:58 [nadalin]
fjh:action 69 still some stuff EdS has to complete, there are attribute name issues still open
13:18:26 [tlr]
utf-8 string is superset of printable utf-8 string. ;)
13:18:33 [nadalin]
Sean: UTF8 and Printable String issues, are they the same ?
13:20:43 [nadalin]
Sean: Send email to list on the UTF8 and printable UTF8 sting
13:21:09 [nadalin]
fjh: action 69 closed
13:21:44 [tlr]
ACTION: sean to send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and printable UTF-8 strings
13:21:44 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-71 - Send e-mail to list on UTF-8 and printable UTF-8 strings [on Sean Mullan - due 2007-08-07].
13:21:59 [tlr]
topic: xpointer issues
13:22:15 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/
13:22:17 [nadalin]
fjh: new editor draft from Thomas
13:23:41 [tlr]
xpointer() XPointer scheme in WD
13:24:22 [nadalin]
tlr:use language from XPointer framework
13:25:32 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/#sec-ReferenceProcessingModel
13:25:45 [Zakim]
-Thomas
13:25:50 [EdS]
I don't hear Thomas
13:26:04 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:26:04 [Zakim]
klanz2 should no longer be muted
13:28:35 [jcc]
Support of the xpointer() scheme [XPointer-xpointer] beyond the minimal usage discussed in this section is discouraged.
13:28:41 [nadalin]
fjh: is xpointer reference recomendation removed from draft, should this be put back in
13:29:38 [klanz2]
We will just have to make sure the optional Xpointer functionality supported up to now is not prohibited now
13:29:55 [nadalin]
fjh: people review the redline
13:30:45 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec
13:30:53 [Zakim]
-klanz2
13:31:02 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:31:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ed_Simon, Frederick_Hirsch, sean, Anthony_Nadalin, jcc, Hal_Lockhart, PHB
13:31:06 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
13:31:08 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
13:31:09 [Zakim]
+Thomas
13:31:19 [tlr]
sorry
13:31:50 [Zakim]
+Konrad_Lanz
13:32:37 [nadalin]
Konrad:have to make sure that the previous xpointer funtionality is not removed
13:32:57 [nadalin]
tlr: its still optional in the latest draft
13:34:00 [nadalin]
fjh: use of xpointer is optional not recommended
13:35:35 [nadalin]
Konrad: to review and get back to thomas
13:36:21 [tlr]
q+
13:36:25 [fjh]
ACTION: klanz2 to review existing use of XML Signature and Xpointer with respect to new redline
13:36:25 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-72 - Review existing use of XML Signature and Xpointer with respect to new redline [on Konrad Lanz - due 2007-08-07].
13:36:26 [tlr]
q- thomas
13:36:31 [tlr]
q- tlr
13:36:31 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:38:09 [klanz2]
#xpointer(//'*[attr='rue'])
13:38:21 [tlr]
interesting.
13:38:23 [klanz2]
#xpointer(//*[attr='rue'])
13:38:41 [fjh]
ebics
13:38:42 [klanz2]
ebics
13:38:43 [nadalin]
fjh: how many folks are using this form
13:39:07 [tlr]
q+
13:39:27 [nadalin]
fjh: can we share editors draft with companies so we can get feedback
13:39:37 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:39:47 [EdS]
A Google search on "ebics xpointer" produces a number of interesting examples where xpointer.
13:40:07 [EdS]
s/where xpointer./where xpointer is used./
13:40:13 [nadalin]
klanz2: to share drafts and get feedback
13:40:42 [fjh]
ACTION: klanz2 to check which xpointers are used and where, contact ebics etc
13:40:42 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-73 - Check which xpointers are used and where, contact ebics etc [on Konrad Lanz - due 2007-08-07].
13:42:14 [tlr]
q+
13:42:24 [tlr]
q-
13:42:31 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:44:51 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/#sec-c14nAlg
13:45:10 [nadalin]
tlr: exclusive C14N is not prohibited
13:45:11 [fjh]
The Exclusive XML Canonicalization Recommendation [XML-exc-C14N] may be used to address requirements resulting from scenarios where a subdocument is moved between contexts.
13:46:16 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/#sec-c14nAlg
13:47:02 [Sean]
q+
13:47:08 [EdS]
q+
13:47:50 [nadalin]
trl [XML-exc-C14N] is mandatory to implement
13:48:21 [EdS]
C14N 1.1 is incompatible with C14N 1.0.
13:48:50 [tlr]
s/XML-exc-C14N/C14N1.0/
13:48:56 [EdS]
q-
13:49:26 [tlr]
+1 to that
13:49:30 [EdS]
q+
13:49:38 [fjh]
ack sean
13:49:59 [fjh]
add exclusive to wiki, for chartering, what we want to do
13:50:18 [tlr]
q+
13:51:21 [fjh]
does exclusive c14n spec need update for c14n11
13:51:31 [fjh]
s/does/sean asked does
13:52:51 [tlr]
attributes in the XML namespace, such as xml:lang and xml:space are not imported into orphan nodes of the document subset, and
13:53:57 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:53:57 [Zakim]
sorry, klanz2, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:54:20 [fjh]
zakim, who is on the call
13:54:20 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the call', fjh
13:54:24 [fjh]
zakim, who is here
13:54:24 [Zakim]
fjh, you need to end that query with '?'
13:54:29 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:54:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ed_Simon, Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, sean, Anthony_Nadalin, jcc, Hal_Lockhart, PHB, Konrad_Lanz
13:54:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see tlr, nadalin, klanz2, PHB2, hal, PHB, Sean, EdS, RRSAgent, Zakim, jcc, fjh, trackbot-ng
13:54:39 [fjh]
zakim, Konrad_Lanz is klanz2
13:54:39 [Zakim]
+klanz2; got it
13:54:40 [klanz2]
zakim, Konrad_Lanz is klanz2
13:54:41 [Zakim]
sorry, klanz2, I do not recognize a party named 'Konrad_Lanz'
13:54:45 [nadalin]
tlr: should be no problems with [XML-exc-C14N] per Sean's issue
13:55:12 [EdS]
I'm on the queue.
13:55:23 [fjh]
ack EdS
13:56:42 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:57:55 [fjh]
tlr: decided at f2f C14N10 remains manditory to enable implementations to receive signatures from previous implementations
13:57:56 [nadalin]
EdS: are there interop issues with C14N 1.0 and C14N 1.1
13:57:59 [klanz2]
q+
13:58:12 [fjh]
... c14n11 recommended for going forward
13:58:15 [fjh]
ack klanz\
13:58:20 [fjh]
ack klan
13:58:21 [fjh]
z
13:58:49 [fjh]
klanz: c14n11 explicit in transforms, also.
13:59:00 [EdS]
I did not ask whether there are interop issues with C14N 1.0 and C14N1.1. -- there will be! Please correct the minutes above.
14:02:54 [EdS]
The minutes should indicate that lack of interoperability between C14N1.1 and C14N 1.0, as it affects the original XML Signature specification and the revised one, was discussed. Thomas reviewed the stance of the first Face-to-Face that addresses this issue.
14:03:15 [tlr]
thanks ed
14:03:53 [tlr]
jcc, I think we can take this offline
14:04:34 [tlr]
put it into CVS.
14:05:37 [Zakim]
-PHB
14:05:45 [klanz2]
q+
14:06:07 [fjh]
juan carlos: added tests for xml:base , suggest using konrad's cases for appendix A
14:06:20 [klanz2]
ack klanz2
14:06:32 [fjh]
... next step, test cases for scheme based XPointer
14:06:42 [fjh]
... will be available until next week
14:06:45 [fjh]
ack klanz
14:07:40 [nadalin]
Sean: is everone going to submit a position paper
14:09:19 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:09:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/07/31-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:09:20 [Zakim]
-sean
14:09:34 [tlr]
rrsagent, make record public
14:09:41 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
14:09:48 [tlr]
zakim, who was on the phone?
14:09:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, tlr.
14:09:56 [tlr]
zakim, list participants
14:09:56 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Ed_Simon, Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, +1.617.876.aaaa, Anthony_Nadalin, jcc, sean, Hal_Lockhart, PHB, klanz2
14:10:00 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:10:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/07/31-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:11:07 [tlr]
Present: Ed_Simon, Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas_Roessler, Anthony_Nadalin, JuanCarlos, Sean_Mullan, Hal_Lockhart, Phil_HallamBaker, Konrad_Lanz
14:11:11 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:11:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/07/31-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:12:01 [klanz2]
CVS ?
14:12:01 [klanz2]
Host: dev.w3.org
14:12:01 [klanz2]
path: /w3ccvs/WWW/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core
14:12:01 [klanz2]
user: klanz2
14:13:10 [tlr]
cvs.w3.org /w3ccvs/WWW/2007/xmlsec/interop/
14:13:38 [fjh]
http://www.w3.org/Project/CVSdoc/
14:14:03 [tlr]
Subject: [closed] Re: Account Request Form: klanz2 - cvs_access
14:15:34 [tlr]
zakim, drop me
14:15:34 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not see a party named 'tlr'
14:15:39 [tlr]
zakim, drop thomas
14:15:39 [Zakim]
Thomas is being disconnected
14:15:40 [Zakim]
-Thomas
14:15:40 [Zakim]
-Hal_Lockhart
14:15:42 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
14:15:43 [Zakim]
-klanz2
14:15:44 [Zakim]
-jcc
14:15:47 [Zakim]
-Anthony_Nadalin
14:15:48 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
14:15:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ed_Simon, Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, +1.617.876.aaaa, Anthony_Nadalin, jcc, sean, Hal_Lockhart, PHB, klanz2
15:13:53 [PHB]
PHB has left #xmlsec
16:29:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec
16:35:29 [PHB2]
PHB2 has left #xmlsec