IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-07-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:59:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc
19:59:51 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:53 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:59:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.757.aaaa
20:00:15 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:33 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:38 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.410 is Drew_LaHart
20:00:38 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart; got it
20:00:42 [rscano]
zakim, [IPcaller is Roberto_Scano
20:00:42 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:00:47 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:00:47 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:01:05 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:06 [Zakim]
+??P15
20:01:15 [Ben]
zakim, ??P15 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:01:15 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:01:26 [Ben]
zakim, Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
20:01:26 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:01:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:58 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:02 [bengt]
zakim, [Ipcaller is Bengt_Farre
20:02:02 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:02:04 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:02:26 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
20:02:30 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0038.html
20:02:37 [Zakim]
+??P18
20:02:46 [rellero_]
zakim, ??P18 is Roberto_Ellero
20:02:46 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:02:49 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-wcag
20:02:55 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:02:57 [awk]
I'll be a few minutes late
20:03:09 [MichaelC]
agenda+ July 4 Proposals - SET #2 for 05 July 2007 <http://tinyurl.com/2qnkjx>
20:03:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.321.622.aabb
20:03:32 [MichaelC]
agenda+ July 6 Proposals for 12 July 2007 <http://tinyurl.com/275ysf>
20:03:39 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.321 is Christophe_Strobbe
20:03:39 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
20:03:55 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 9 July Proposals for 12 July 2007 <http://tinyurl.com/22vf62>
20:04:00 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:07 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:04:18 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 10 July Proposals for 12 July 2007 <http://tinyurl.com/3cs9dp>
20:04:24 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:04:24 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:04:40 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:57 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aacc
20:06:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, +7 is Sean_Hayes
20:06:20 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:07:20 [MichaelC]
scribe: Drew_LaHart
20:07:23 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: Drew
20:09:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:09:11 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:12:47 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:13:47 [Drew]
Resolution: Attach duplicate issue to existing resolutions
20:14:15 [Drew]
s/issue/issues/
20:14:46 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
20:14:48 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "July 4 Proposals - SET #2 for 05 July 2007 <http://tinyurl.com/2qnkjx>" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:17:30 [Drew]
topic: Issue 2200: 1.1. Non-text Content / Controls-Input
20:17:51 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
20:18:33 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:18:40 [rscano]
zakim, ??P5 is Roberto_Scano
20:18:40 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:18:40 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:18:51 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:18:51 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:19:40 [MichaelC]
Respond with: "Name" is defined in the glossary as "text by which software can identify a component within Web content to the user" which is available to assistive technology but may or may not be visually presented, while "label" is defined to be always visually presented. The SC requires that a name be provided but not that it be visually presented. For example consider a phone or serial...
20:19:41 [MichaelC]
@@Add note to definition of "label" {to clarify the parallels and differences with definition of name}: "A label is presented to all users whereas the name may be hidden and only exposed by assistive technology. In many (but not all) cases the name and the label are the same."
20:19:43 [MichaelC]
...number field where there is one label at the left but then several text fields next to the label. Each field would need a name to identify them to AT, e.g. "(area code) (first 3 digits of phone number) (last 4 digits of phone number)" respectively, but they would not each need a visible label.
20:22:37 [Drew]
Resolution: closed 2200 as amended with Michael's amendment
20:23:00 [Drew]
topic: 2319: Guideline 1.1 wording
20:33:30 [Drew]
Resoluton: close 2319 as amended
20:33:55 [Drew]
Action: Gregg Add "presentation neutral" to understanding
20:34:30 [Drew]
topic: 2063: associated text
20:36:01 [Drew]
Resolution: reopen 2063
20:36:15 [Drew]
Action: Gregg, Loretta, Ben, Michael to talk with Al
20:36:31 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:37:31 [Drew]
Action to = Gregg, Loretta, Ben, Michael to talk with Al regarding 2063
20:37:37 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -trustRRSAgent
20:38:01 [Drew]
topic: 2082: confusion with non-live audio/video
20:43:00 [Loretta]
Suggest someone needs an action item here...
20:43:52 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:45:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:45:42 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:45:52 [Drew]
Emerging Technology (ARIA and Dojo)
20:45:52 [Drew]
•3Q/4Q develop skills implementing Dojo widgets and ARIA custom widgets
20:45:52 [Drew]
•Additional tasks as requested
20:47:50 [Drew]
Action: Sean and Andrew to examine Audio/video/multimedia/interaction issue
20:50:16 [Drew]
topic: 2093: The relationship between labels and names is not clear enough.
20:51:18 [Drew]
Action 2 = Gregg, Loretta, Ben, Michael to talk with Al regardng 2063
20:52:38 [Drew]
s/Action to = Gregg, Loretta, Ben, Michael to talk with Al regardng 2063//
20:57:14 [Drew]
Resolution: reopen 2093
20:57:39 [Drew]
Action: Loretta, Gregg for 2093 to make a shorter note that would fit in the guidelines
20:58:08 [Drew]
topic: 2147: better handle for bullet 1
21:00:38 [Drew]
Resolution: reopen 2147
21:04:40 [Drew]
Resolution: Close 2147 by unanimous consent
21:04:56 [Drew]
Resolution: reopen 2159
21:05:06 [Drew]
topic: 2288: Rewording of 1.1.1
21:05:51 [Drew]
Resolution: close 2288 as proposed
21:06:09 [Drew]
topic: 2290: extend alternative to text to audio-only or video-only
21:07:25 [Drew]
Resolution: reopen 2290
21:07:37 [Drew]
topic: 2314: access to the text alternatives for image maps
21:22:04 [Drew]
Action: Sean, Sofia to explore 2314
21:22:30 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
21:22:30 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "July 6 Proposals for 12 July 2007 <http://tinyurl.com/275ysf>" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:24:22 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:24:24 [Drew]
Resolution: accepted with unanimous consent 2019, 2087, 2125, 2133, 2151, 2114, 2164, 2207, 2213, 2229, 2317
21:29:07 [Drew]
topic: 1951: change "and" to "or"
21:32:27 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
21:33:02 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
21:35:00 [Drew]
Resolution: close 1951 as amended
21:36:56 [Drew]
Action: Michael to write definition for link text with Sean review
21:37:15 [awk]
brb
21:37:50 [Drew]
topic: 2112: Grounds for "200%"
21:39:30 [Drew]
Resolution: close 2112 as amended
21:40:26 [Drew]
topic: 2152: programmatically determinable
21:41:46 [Drew]
Resolution: close 2152 as proposed
21:42:04 [Drew]
Topic: 2228: form focus order example
21:45:02 [Loretta]
q+
21:46:25 [Gregg]
ack l
21:47:31 [Gregg]
ack c
21:50:49 [Loretta]
q+
21:51:57 [Gregg]
ack l
21:51:57 [Loretta]
ack l
21:52:07 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:52:16 [Drew]
Action: Loretta, Sofia, Cynthia, Alex to work on 2228
21:52:43 [awk]
Lost my phone connection
21:52:52 [awk]
will get it back
21:53:41 [Drew]
topic: 2249: Wording suggests that a link context is required
21:54:13 [Drew]
Resolution: close 2249 as amended
21:54:49 [Drew]
topic: 2292: Which page title?
21:58:48 [Drew]
Resolution: close 2292 as amended
21:58:59 [Drew]
topic: 2312 Guideline (2.3) too broad
22:05:12 [Drew]
Resolution: close 2312 as amended
22:05:56 [Drew]
topic: 2008: Ban hiding link text
22:06:47 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:11:44 [Loretta]
q+
22:14:58 [Gregg]
ack l
22:23:06 [Drew]
Acton: Loretta and Sean to talk about 2008
22:23:21 [Drew]
Action: Loretta and Sean to talk about 2008
22:23:35 [Zakim]
+??P2
22:23:43 [Drew]
Action: Gregg to talk to Jim Thatcher re 2008
22:24:07 [Drew]
s/Acton: Loretta and Sean to talk about 2008//
22:25:09 [Drew]
Resolution: accepted with unanimous consent 2178, 2050, 2090, 2117, 2120, 2324, 2345, 2347, 2348
22:28:56 [Drew]
topic: 2037, 1953, 2108 : Level Names
22:29:20 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
22:33:00 [Andi]
q+
22:33:19 [Gregg]
ack andi
22:34:42 [Loretta]
q+
22:37:48 [Loretta]
ack l
22:52:16 [Drew]
Resolution: reopen 2037, 1953, 2108
22:52:52 [Drew]
topic: 2061: SC 2.4.8: Level of priority
22:54:16 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:54:18 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:54:24 [Drew]
topic: 1928: H74 and H75 - unclear why id attributes should be unique
22:57:09 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:58:52 [Drew]
Resolution: reopen 1928
22:59:03 [Drew]
topic: 2026: Levels on conformance
23:00:38 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
23:07:08 [Drew]
Resolution: close 2026 as amended
23:09:14 [Zakim]
-??P2
23:09:15 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:09:15 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:09:16 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:09:18 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:09:19 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:09:20 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
23:10:15 [Ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
23:10:15 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T23-10-15
23:10:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop Andi
23:10:16 [Zakim]
Andi_Snow-Weaver is being disconnected
23:10:18 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
23:10:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.410.757.aaaa, Cooper, [IPcaller], Drew_LaHart, Roberto_Scano, Ben_Caldwell, Bengt_Farre, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero, +1.321.622.aabb, Christophe_Strobbe,
23:10:21 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andi_Snow-Weaver, +7.971.aacc, Sean_Hayes, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly
23:10:29 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
23:10:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:20:02 [Ben]
Present: Michael_Cooper, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Drew_LaHart, Roberto_Scano, Ben_Caldwell, Bengt_Farre, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Sean_Hayes, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly, Katie_Haritos-Shea
23:20:04 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg Add "presentation neutral" to understanding [1]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-33-55
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, Loretta, Ben, Michael to talk with Al regardng 2063 [2]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-36-15
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean and Andrew to examine Audio/video/multimedia/interaction issue [3]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-47-50
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta, Gregg for 2093 to make a shorter note that would fit in the guidelines [4]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-57-39
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean, Sofia to explore 2314 [5]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-22-04
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to write definition for link text with Sean review [6]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-36-56
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta, Sofia, Cynthia, Alex to work on 2228 [7]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-52-16
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta and Sean to talk about 2008 [8]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T22-23-21
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to talk to Jim Thatcher re 2008 [9]
23:20:04 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/19-wai-wcag-irc#T22-23-43