IRC log of html-wg on 2007-07-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:56:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:56:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to
16:57:08 [DanC]
agenda + Convene HTML WG meeting of 2007-07-19T17:00:00Z
16:57:16 [DanC]
agenda + Detailed Spec Reviews, progress update
16:57:25 [DanC]
agenda + proposed design principles
16:57:37 [DanC]
agenda + Email traffic shaping
16:57:45 [DanC]
agenda + Test suite organization
17:00:00 [Chris]
Chris has joined #html-wg
17:00:33 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()1:00PM has now started
17:00:43 [Zakim]
17:00:56 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
17:00:56 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene HTML WG meeting of 2007-07-19T17:00:00Z" taken up [from DanC]
17:01:14 [DanC]
17:01:42 [Zakim]
17:01:44 [Zakim]
17:02:14 [Zakim]
17:02:26 [DanC]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is ChrisW
17:02:26 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
17:02:43 [DanC]
Zakim, [Mozilla] Gavin_Sharp
17:02:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand '[Mozilla] Gavin_Sharp', DanC
17:02:48 [DanC]
Zakim, [Mozilla] is Gavin_Sharp
17:02:48 [Zakim]
+Gavin_Sharp; got it
17:02:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.218.340.aaaa
17:03:29 [Zakim]
- +1.218.340.aaaa
17:04:36 [Zakim]
17:04:48 [Zakim]
17:04:49 [DanC]
Zakim, ??P0 is hsivonen
17:04:50 [Zakim]
+hsivonen; got it
17:06:00 [hsivonen]
advance regrets for having to leave early
17:06:36 [DanC]
regrets: Hickson, AnnevK (holiday), Orton, Sneddon
17:06:56 [DanC]
Chair: DanC
17:07:04 [DanC]
Scribe: DanC
17:07:17 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
17:07:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DanC, Julian, ChrisW, Gavin_Sharp, hsivonen, Marcin_Hanclik
17:07:21 [DanC]
17:07:59 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:07:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Detailed Spec Reviews, progress update" taken up [from DanC]
17:08:21 [DanC]
17:08:48 [DanC]
17:09:22 [DanC]
DanC: reviews are coming in, with detailed test discussions arising
17:09:29 [DanC]
DanC: sorry I haven't done my review of intro yet
17:09:46 [DanC]
17:10:00 [DanC]
"<hsivonen> I've seen detailed review from myself, zcorpan, gsnedders and Rob Burns"
17:10:14 [hsivonen]
zcorpan is Simon Pieters
17:11:09 [DanC]
-> DOMTokenList.add() when the underlying string is empty (detailed review of the DOM) Simon Pieters (Tuesday, 17 July)
17:11:27 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
17:11:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DanC, Julian, ChrisW, Gavin_Sharp, hsivonen, Marcin_Hanclik
17:14:11 [DanC]
Dan goes around the table noting sections people here are reviewing...
17:14:44 [DanC]
DanC: with reviews coming in thru end of august, perhaps better to aim for mid sep for spec release
17:15:25 [DanC]
17:15:52 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #html-wg
17:16:25 [DanC]
hsivonen: on schedule. implemented tree builder and tokenizer...
17:16:36 [DanC]
... so things are going as planned
17:16:48 [DanC]
Zakim, passcode?
17:16:48 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), DanC
17:18:02 [DanC]
[maybe more stuff to record...]
17:18:05 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:18:05 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "proposed design principles" taken up [from DanC]
17:18:41 [DanC]
I'm thinking about a survey...
17:20:36 [DanC]
DanC: [trying to connect with mjs...]
17:20:52 [DanC]
ChrisW: I think "don't break the web" got replaced by 2, and those are disputed
17:22:02 [DanC]
DanC: I need to update my agenda page
17:22:44 [DanC]
ACTION ChrisW: ping mjs re design principles
17:22:53 [DanC]
ChrisW: and if that doesn't work out, I'll try to look at pending comments
17:23:07 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
17:23:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DanC, Julian, ChrisW, Gavin_Sharp, hsivonen, Marcin_Hanclik
17:24:04 [DanC]
DanC: I'm trying to use the design principles in the design review discussion; it worked well once and poorly once
17:25:03 [DanC]
ChrisW: there are some things I'd like expanded... "secure by design". I think we'll have to make a decision on the disputed principles soon. There are arguments both ways, but it's important to say something.
17:25:18 [DanC]
17:25:37 [Julian]
which ones are the ones being disputed?
17:25:53 [DanC]
ACTION Gavin_Sharp: review design principles in the next two weeks
17:27:02 [DanC]
hsivonen: yesterday I saw discussion about being "structural"; it seems low priority to me.
17:27:19 [DanC]
... I agree with "visible metadata" and "no version syntax"
17:28:21 [DanC]
DanC: timing? stick with Mid Aug?
17:28:24 [DanC]
(some concur)
17:28:33 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:28:33 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Email traffic shaping" taken up [from DanC]
17:30:18 [DanC]
DanC: I'm interested for help with email traffic shaping
17:32:24 [hsivonen]
17:34:29 [DanC]
17:35:44 [DanC]
ack hsivonen
17:36:43 [DanC]
-> Character encoding errors (detailed review of parsing algorithm) Henri Sivonen (Wednesday, 18 July)
17:37:00 [DanC]
^works well for me
17:37:06 [hsivonen]
unfortunately, my time is up. have to leave.
17:37:11 [DanC]
hsivonen: editors encourage that style too
17:38:05 [DanC]
ChrisW: I wonder how to incorporate voting/group-priority, digg-style into the system
17:38:13 [Zakim]
17:39:11 [DanC]
DanC: yes... hmm.. some way to do "+1" that doesn't involve mail to 400 inboxes
17:39:49 [DanC]
hmm... www-collaboration ...
17:39:57 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
17:39:57 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Test suite organization" taken up [from DanC]
17:40:19 [hsivonen]
(I'm sorry if I missed something addressed to me. an incoming call messed me up)
17:40:35 [DanC]
regrets+ Geoffrey Sneddon
17:41:39 [DanC]
17:43:05 [DanC]
DanC: we have offers, in the tasks survey, to do testing and report results
17:44:33 [DanC]
ChrisW: might talk to CSS WG too
17:45:12 [DanC]
-> Testing the submission framework for the Open Mobile Web Test Suite
17:47:02 [DanC]
Topic: next meeting: 2 Aug
17:47:06 [DanC]
DanC: I offer to chair 2 Aug
17:47:13 [DanC]
26 July is cancelled.
17:48:19 [Zakim]
17:48:22 [Zakim]
17:48:24 [Zakim]
17:48:25 [Zakim]
17:48:35 [DanC]
Zakim, I hung up
17:48:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'I hung up', DanC
17:48:37 [DanC]
Zakim, drop danc
17:48:37 [Zakim]
DanC is being disconnected
17:48:38 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()1:00PM has ended
17:48:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were DanC, Julian, ChrisW, Gavin_Sharp, +1.218.340.aaaa, Marcin_Hanclik, hsivonen
18:02:26 [gavin]
gavin has joined #html-wg
18:26:31 [oedipus]
oedipus has joined #html-wg
18:29:06 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:29:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate DanC
18:29:27 [DanC]
RRSAgent, make logs world-access
18:30:31 [DanC]
Meeting: HTML WG Teleconference
18:30:33 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:30:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate DanC
18:34:14 [DanC]
ACTION: ChrisW to try to find a Seattle/OZ/Asia time [CONTINUES]
18:34:19 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:34:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate DanC
18:59:57 [oedipus]
according to zakim, the conference room is full
19:02:50 [mnx]
mnx has joined #html-wg
19:09:17 [oedipus]
according to zakim, the conference room is restricted at this time... the agenda said 1700z, but josh at MIT said the call was scheduled from 1pm boston time to 3pm boston time
19:09:47 [DanC]
the conference is done
19:10:07 [oedipus]
thanks, DanC, i mustn't have received the memo
19:10:29 [DanC]
it started right around 1700Z and finished around 1748Z
19:10:49 [DanC]
i.e. 1:00 to 1:48pm boston time
19:11:02 [DanC]
was there anything in particular you wanted to discuss?
19:11:34 [oedipus]
my internal clock must be off - i'll read the minutes
19:11:40 [oedipus]
oedipus = gregory j. rosmaita
19:11:46 [DanC]
ah. thanks
19:12:05 [oedipus]
at least i spent the time constructively, working on the WG's wiki
19:12:11 [DanC]
19:41:10 [bogi]
bogi has joined #html-wg
19:45:56 [xover]
xover has joined #html-wg
19:58:59 [ROBOd]
ROBOd has joined #html-wg
20:10:04 [gavin]
gavin has joined #html-wg
20:45:18 [hyatt]
hyatt has joined #html-wg
20:49:43 [zcorpan]
ah. right. i had promised to contribute with test cases for xhr
20:50:41 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
20:52:34 [tommorris]
tommorris has joined #html-wg
21:38:34 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
21:58:58 [anne]
anne has joined #html-wg
22:03:14 [Lionheart]
Lionheart has joined #html-wg
22:04:20 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
22:18:03 [gavin]
gavin has joined #html-wg
22:29:40 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
22:51:46 [hyatt]
hyatt has joined #html-wg
22:59:01 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
23:04:36 [heycam]
heycam has joined #html-wg
23:14:10 [billmason]
billmason has left #html-wg
23:23:25 [sbuluf]
sbuluf has joined #html-wg