IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-07-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:28:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:28:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-tsdtf-irc
12:28:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:28:30 [shadi]
zakim, this will be TSD
12:28:30 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
12:28:37 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
12:28:46 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
12:29:50 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Jul/0004.html
12:30:29 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:30:37 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:31:18 [shadi]
agenda+ Updating test samples to new WCAG 2.0 working draft
12:31:40 [shadi]
agenda+ MWI test case submission and management system
12:31:48 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:31:49 [shadi]
agenda+ Action Item review
12:31:57 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
12:32:01 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
12:33:20 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:36:11 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
12:38:11 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:38:15 [shadi]
scribenick: CarlosI
12:38:18 [shadi]
agenda?
12:38:34 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
12:38:53 [shadi]
take up agendum 1
12:39:29 [CarlosI]
SAZ: With the permission of the WG chairs a new agenda item has been added
12:40:27 [CarlosI]
CV: shall we continue updating test cases or wait?
12:41:23 [CarlosI]
SAZ: are you talking about internal tests or those that are already at CVS?
12:41:30 [CarlosI]
CV: internal
12:42:44 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:43:14 [Zakim]
+Cooper
12:44:41 [CarlosI]
CS: there are a few SC that has been renamed
12:45:28 [CarlosI]
CS: what to do with those that are already at CVS?
12:45:51 [CarlosI]
SAZ: have to live with some outdated and so on content
12:46:20 [CarlosI]
SAZ: due to persistence policies
12:47:43 [CarlosI]
MC: are the test cases associated by ID or SC number?
12:48:09 [CarlosI]
MC: the ID shouldn't change
12:50:09 [CarlosI]
MC: mainly minor clarifications with no major impact are expected
12:51:41 [CarlosI]
MC: should be safe to proceed
12:51:53 [CarlosI]
MC: no major impact on test suite expected
12:52:41 [CarlosI]
SAZ: expected timeline from BTW for the update?
12:53:14 [CarlosI]
CV: early August, maybe the second week
12:54:54 [CarlosI]
SAZ: something by the 31st July possible?
12:55:06 [CarlosI]
CV: don't think so, too close
12:55:26 [CarlosI]
SAZ: maybe then we may postpone next meeting
12:56:47 [CarlosI]
CS: maybe some of them could be ready for next meeting
12:57:32 [CarlosI]
SAZ: let's take this up again at the end of the call
12:57:37 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:57:37 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "MWI test case submission and management system" taken up [from shadi]
12:57:52 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/Open/submit
12:58:02 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/Open/review
12:58:13 [CarlosI]
SAZ: this is very early work in MWI
12:58:28 [CarlosI]
SAZ: a lot of potential to reuse
12:58:52 [CarlosI]
SAZ: with some adaptation and customization
12:59:15 [CarlosI]
SAZ: early stage, open to comments and suggestions
12:59:43 [CarlosI]
SAZ: is time to give them feedback or a sort of wish list
13:01:35 [CarlosI]
SAZ: there's a license grant required by our legal staff
13:02:02 [CarlosI]
SAZ: my hope is to get the form generate the metadata in the background
13:02:58 [CarlosI]
SAZ: would be very easy to add whatever else we need
13:03:41 [CarlosI]
SAZ: using a new BBDD and just adding the new fields reusing existing technology
13:03:45 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
13:03:45 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:04:58 [CarlosI]
SAZ: some of the metadata we need could be generated automatically
13:05:20 [CarlosI]
SAZ: CS, not sure about your comment on titles
13:05:40 [CarlosI]
CS: people could have different ways to provide titles
13:05:53 [CarlosI]
CS: some could be more generic others more specific
13:07:33 [CarlosI]
SAZ: a title as a handle would be useful
13:08:00 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
13:09:49 [CarlosI]
SAZ: talk with DOM about how they manage technologies and suggest we use URIs
13:12:21 [CarlosI]
SAZ: rules are really specific
13:12:55 [CarlosI]
SAZ: would be the tough part
13:13:58 [CarlosI]
SAZ: there's no pointer to the related test
13:14:17 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we can point this out and see how they plan to solve it
13:17:38 [CarlosI]
CI: we may have problems with the current file submission
13:18:12 [CarlosI]
SAZ: could use a multiple step submission
13:19:54 [CarlosI]
SAZ: let's see also the review template
13:20:04 [CarlosI]
CS: status is missing
13:20:40 [CarlosI]
CS: in our case URI points to the metadata file not the test itself
13:21:20 [CarlosI]
SAZ: would like to have some way to export the system metadata
13:21:59 [CarlosI]
SAZ: could use the machine processable argument
13:24:10 [CarlosI]
SAZ: add links to the comments each time we create a new one
13:24:59 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we may have a different way to create IDs
13:25:20 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we may use the title as a handle instead of description
13:25:43 [CarlosI]
SAZ: links to the comments
13:25:58 [CarlosI]
SAZ: author's email
13:26:10 [CarlosI]
SAZ: links to the file and the metadata
13:26:34 [CarlosI]
SAZ: trying to get everything as generic as possible
13:27:06 [CarlosI]
SAZ: bulleted list of comments in notes with the different reviews and issues
13:28:10 [CarlosI]
TB: we may need to add timestamps to the comments
13:28:38 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we also may need to associate each comment with the owner
13:29:55 [CarlosI]
SAZ: all the comments seems useful and hope DOM will implement them
13:30:18 [CarlosI]
ACTION: to write up the comments and send them to the list
13:31:08 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:31:08 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Action Item review" taken up [from shadi]
13:32:20 [CarlosI]
SAZ: back to the tests update
13:32:42 [CarlosI]
CV: 31st not possible
13:33:01 [CarlosI]
CV: may be 7th August or 15th
13:33:17 [CarlosI]
SAZ: 15th holiday in several countries
13:33:38 [CarlosI]
SAZ: let's try with August the 7th
13:34:15 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:34:20 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:34:21 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:34:21 [Zakim]
-Cooper
13:34:22 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
13:34:23 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
13:34:24 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:34:25 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, CarlosV, CarlosI, Cooper, Tim_Boland
13:35:04 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:35:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:35:18 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:35:24 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:35:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:35:25 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:35:30 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:35:30 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:35:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: to write up the comments and send them to the list [1]
13:35:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/17-tsdtf-irc#T13-30-18