IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-07-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:45:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:45:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/07/12-wai-wcag-irc
19:45:40 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:45:45 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
19:46:18 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007JulSep/0026.html
19:46:43 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:47:00 [MichaelC]
agenda+ July 4 Proposals for 05 July 2007 (Results: http://tinyurl.com/3dcrle)
19:47:14 [MichaelC]
agenda+ July 4 Proposals - SET #2 for 05 July 2007 (Results: http://tinyurl.com/2qnkjx)
19:47:30 [MichaelC]
agenda+ July 6 Proposals for 12 July 2007 (Results: http://tinyurl.com/275ysf)
19:47:43 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 9 July Proposals for 12 July 2007 (Results: http://tinyurl.com/22vf62)
19:48:05 [MichaelC]
agenda+ 10 July Proposals for 12 July 2007 (Results: http://tinyurl.com/3cs9dp)
19:48:34 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:48:45 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -useZakimTopics
19:53:47 [Ben_]
Ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:00 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:59:07 [Zakim]
+Bruce
19:59:10 [Zakim]
+??P2
19:59:15 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:32 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, call cooper-ottawa
19:59:49 [Zakim]
ok, MichaelC; the call is being made
19:59:51 [Zakim]
+Cooper
19:59:51 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:09 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P2 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:00:09 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:00:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:00:19 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:00:20 [Zakim]
-Bruce
20:00:24 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:40 [rscano]
zakim, [IPcaller is Roberto Scano
20:00:40 [Zakim]
I don't understand '[IPcaller is Roberto Scano', rscano
20:00:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, IP is Robert_Scano
20:00:49 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named 'IP'
20:00:49 [rscano]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Roberto_Scano
20:00:50 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:00:58 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:00:58 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:01:32 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:01:54 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:54 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:02:04 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:07 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:11 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:02:23 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:02:23 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:02:44 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:47 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:02:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden, Cooper, Roberto_Scano (muted), Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:02:48 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
20:02:54 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:03:07 [bengt]
zakim, [Ipcaller is Bengt_Farre
20:03:07 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:03:47 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:04:03 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:09 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:04:22 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:04:48 [Zakim]
+Bruce
20:05:05 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
20:05:12 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:05:12 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:05:44 [Zakim]
+??P16
20:05:57 [rellero_]
zakim, ??P16 is Roberto_Ellero
20:05:57 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:06:05 [rellero_]
zakim, mute me
20:06:05 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero_, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
20:06:06 [Andi]
Status: 358 total non-editorial issues, 168 open, 102 in survey, 88 resolved
20:06:15 [rellero_]
zakim, mute roberto_ellero
20:06:15 [Zakim]
Roberto_Ellero should now be muted
20:06:36 [Andi]
Status: 430 total issues, 214 open, 110 in survey, 106 resolved
20:07:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.797.1.aaaa
20:07:45 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:34 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:08:39 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.797 is Sean_Hayes
20:08:39 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:08:47 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:08:47 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:09:53 [Zakim]
-Bruce
20:10:18 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
20:10:18 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "July 4 Proposals for 05 July 2007 (Results: http://tinyurl.com/3dcrle)" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:13:02 [Zakim]
+Bruce
20:13:14 [Loretta]
q+
20:16:26 [Gregg]
ack l
20:18:41 [Andi]
topic: issue 2007
20:24:24 [Gregg]
ack b
20:31:34 [Andi]
reopen the issue, develop a technique on scenarios where the page title can provide context for the link purpose
20:33:31 [Andi]
topic: issue 2126
20:34:32 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:37:07 [Sofia]
q+
20:38:25 [Sofia]
q-
20:45:40 [Loretta]
ack c
20:48:19 [Andi]
reopen issue, Gregg will work on it with Sean and David
20:48:24 [Andi]
topic: 2016
20:48:32 [Andi]
dependent on resolution of 2126
20:48:52 [Andi]
action: Gregg, David, and Sean to work on 2016 and 2126
20:50:40 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -trustRRSAgent
20:50:43 [Andi]
action 1 = Gregg, David, and Sean to work on 2016, 2126, and 2205
20:50:57 [Andi]
topic: 2205
20:51:04 [Andi]
also dependent on 2016 and 2126
20:51:23 [Andi]
topic: 2255
20:53:11 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2255 as amended with David's notes
20:56:14 [Andi]
topic: 2084
20:56:31 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2084 as proposed with Andi's edit to the response
20:57:24 [Zakim]
-Bruce
20:57:56 [Andi]
topic: 2243
20:59:53 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2243 as amended
21:00:47 [Zakim]
+Bruce
21:01:00 [Andi]
topic: 1950
21:02:07 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:03:03 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:03:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
21:03:35 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
21:06:47 [Loretta]
q+
21:06:54 [Loretta]
ack M
21:06:58 [Loretta]
ack [M
21:07:16 [Loretta]
q-
21:11:14 [Loretta]
q+
21:11:23 [Loretta]
ack b
21:11:46 [Gregg]
ack l
21:12:46 [Loretta]
ack c
21:13:01 [Loretta]
q+
21:13:31 [Loretta]
q-
21:14:17 [Loretta]
q+
21:14:59 [Gregg]
ack l
21:15:04 [Loretta]
q+
21:15:33 [Gregg]
ack l
21:21:10 [Andi]
action: Michael to create temporary user agent push list on wiki and talk to UA group about coordinating and advancing
21:23:59 [Andi]
resolution: accept issue 1950 as amended
21:25:05 [Andi]
topic: issue 1994
21:28:35 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:32:45 [Andi]
action: Sean to work on definition of "block of content"
21:33:33 [Andi]
topic: 1972
21:34:11 [Andi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
21:34:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden, Cooper, Roberto_Scano (muted), Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Bengt_Farre, Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
21:34:14 [Zakim]
... Sean_Hayes, Bruce, Cynthia_Shelly
21:34:16 [Zakim]
Gregg_Vanderheiden has Ben_Caldwell
21:35:30 [Zakim]
-Bruce
21:35:45 [Zakim]
+Bruce
21:36:07 [Andi]
resolution: accept 1972 as proposed
21:41:12 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:44:33 [Andi]
topic: 2250
21:44:42 [Andi]
reopen 2250
21:45:19 [Andi]
topic: 2028
21:51:46 [Loretta]
doable"
21:59:19 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2028 as amended
22:01:25 [Andi]
topic: 2251
22:01:31 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2251 as amended
22:01:38 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:01:51 [Andi]
topic: 2185
22:02:08 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:03:55 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
22:04:04 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
22:08:10 [Andi]
reopen issue 2185, refer to Loretta
22:14:09 [Andi]
topic: 2070
22:18:05 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2070 as amended
22:18:33 [Andi]
topic: 2204
22:18:43 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2204 as proposed
22:21:32 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2204 as amended
22:21:52 [Andi]
topic: 2318
22:22:31 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2318 as amended
22:22:59 [MichaelC]
s/resolution: accept 2204 as amended//
22:25:03 [Andi]
topic: contrast provision at level A
22:25:06 [Andi]
continue study
22:25:47 [Andi]
topic: 2311
22:28:45 [Andi]
reopen 2311 - assign to Gregg and Sean
22:29:19 [Andi]
resolution: close 2311
22:29:42 [Andi]
action: Gregg and Sean - check out use of db in the guidelines
22:32:26 [Sofia]
q+
22:32:34 [Andi]
topic: 2128
22:39:05 [Loretta]
ack s
22:45:03 [Loretta]
q+
22:45:09 [Andi]
reopen 2128 and refer to Sean and Michael
22:45:14 [Gregg]
ack
22:50:09 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:50:34 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2147, 2019, 2087, 2125, 2133, 2151, 2114, 2164, 2207, 2213, 2229, 2317 by unanimous consent
22:50:36 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:51:44 [Andi]
topic: change "success criteria" to "checkpoint"
22:52:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
22:52:10 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, MichaelC
22:52:15 [MichaelC]
q?
22:52:17 [MichaelC]
ack l
22:52:21 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
22:52:21 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "July 4 Proposals - SET #2 for 05 July 2007 (Results: http://tinyurl.com/2qnkjx)" taken up [from MichaelC]
22:53:50 [Andi]
s/change "success criteria" to "checkpoint"/issue 2096
22:54:04 [Andi]
s/change "success criteria" to "checkpoint"/issue 2096/
22:54:13 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2096 as amended
22:55:45 [Andi]
topic: 2199
22:58:46 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
23:00:31 [Andi]
resolution: accept 2199 as amended
23:04:46 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
23:04:47 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
23:04:49 [Zakim]
-Cooper
23:04:50 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
23:04:51 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
23:04:52 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
23:07:05 [Ben_]
zakim, bye
23:07:05 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Bruce, Cooper, Ben_Caldwell, Roberto_Scano, Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic, Christophe_Strobbe, Andi_Snow-Weaver, [IPcaller], Bengt_Farre,
23:07:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:07:08 [Zakim]
... Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Don_Evans, Roberto_Ellero, +1.797.1.aaaa, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly
23:07:08 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
23:07:08 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/07/12-wai-wcag-irc#T23-07-08-1
23:07:15 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, bye
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/12-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg, David, and Sean to work on 2016, 2126, and 2205 [1]
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/12-wai-wcag-irc#T20-48-52
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to create temporary user agent push list on wiki and talk to UA group about coordinating and advancing [2]
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-21-10
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean to work on definition of "block of content" [3]
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-32-45
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg and Sean - check out use of db in the guidelines [4]
23:07:15 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/12-wai-wcag-irc#T22-29-42