IRC log of er on 2007-07-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:44:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:44:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-irc
13:44:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:44:43 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
13:44:43 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
13:44:49 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
13:44:53 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
13:45:18 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Jul/0003.html
13:45:30 [shadi]
agenda+ Review the plan for publishing EARL 1.0 Guide
13:45:44 [shadi]
agenda+ Review the plan for publishing Pointer Methods in RDF
13:45:57 [shadi]
agenda+ Check-in on vacation plans and summer availability
13:46:07 [shadi]
agenda+ POWDER Use Cases and Requirements
13:46:16 [shadi]
agenda+ EARL 1.0 Schema: Test Mode
13:58:42 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:59:04 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
13:59:11 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
13:59:27 [JohannesK]
Zakim, CarlosV is really JohannesK
13:59:27 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
14:01:55 [drooks]
drooks has joined #er
14:02:55 [Zakim]
+drooks
14:03:10 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #er
14:04:17 [Zakim]
+JohannesK.a
14:04:35 [JohannesK]
Zakim, JohannesK.a is really CarlosV
14:04:35 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
14:06:43 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:07:00 [CarlosV]
zakim, mute CarlosV
14:07:00 [Zakim]
CarlosV should now be muted
14:07:25 [shadi]
regrets: Reinhard, CarlosI
14:07:53 [shadi]
scribe: David
14:07:58 [shadi]
scribenick: drooks
14:08:04 [shadi]
agenda?
14:08:30 [CarlosV]
zakim, unmute CarlosV
14:08:30 [Zakim]
CarlosV should no longer be muted
14:09:27 [drooks]
shadi: does anyone have further comments for WCAG?
14:09:47 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:09:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review the plan for publishing EARL 1.0 Guide" taken up [from shadi]
14:11:35 [drooks]
carlosV: still waiting for review/comments
14:12:08 [drooks]
carlosV: new draft will be ready by next tuesday
14:13:30 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues
14:14:47 [drooks]
shadi: i see a lot of the issues are in the RDF/XML itself. looks like we need to simplify a bit
14:16:49 [drooks]
action: CarlosV to reissue next draft version of EARL 1.0 guide
14:17:39 [drooks]
action: CarlosV to send comment on content section of EARL 1.0 guide
14:18:18 [shadi]
s/section of EARL 1.0 guide/section of EARL 1.0 Schema
14:18:23 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum next
14:18:23 [Zakim]
'next' does not match any agenda item, shadi
14:18:30 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
14:18:30 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Review the plan for publishing Pointer Methods in RDF" taken up [from shadi]
14:19:04 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Jul/0004.html
14:21:23 [drooks]
Action: Shadi to check with CarlosI on preparing proposal for next week
14:21:45 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
14:21:45 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Check-in on vacation plans and summer availability" taken up [from shadi]
14:22:21 [drooks]
drooks: im away for last week of July (21st - 29th)
14:25:29 [drooks]
shadi: no meeting for last week of july
14:25:45 [drooks]
shadi: otherwise, regular meetings throughout summer
14:26:37 [drooks]
shadi: hoping to get EARL schema and HTTP RDF out soon
14:26:49 [drooks]
shadi: may need another last call draft for earl schema
14:27:37 [drooks]
shadi: lets aim for big publication towards end of august
14:27:47 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
14:27:47 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "POWDER Use Cases and Requirements" taken up [from shadi]
14:28:36 [drooks]
shadi: we need to send comments by end of this week
14:29:30 [drooks]
johannesK: i have nothing much to comment about
14:29:53 [drooks]
shadi: we've had lots of discussion between POWDER and ERT to align the groups
14:30:31 [drooks]
action: JohannesK to send any comments he has to POWDER WG by end of week
14:32:45 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
14:32:45 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "EARL 1.0 Schema: Test Mode" taken up [from shadi]
14:33:03 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues#testmode
14:34:00 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Jul/0000
14:34:19 [drooks]
shadi: we've reviewd ATAG 2.0 WD and sent comments regarding test mode (semi automated testing)
14:35:05 [drooks]
shadi:we agreed semi automated testing is when the decision is mainly done by the tool with minimal human interaction
14:35:27 [drooks]
shadi: got in contact with ATAG group about aligning our view with ATAG's
14:36:01 [drooks]
shadi: EARL:huristic appears to be misleading name or it should be property of result
14:39:57 [shadi]
earl:semiAutomatic
14:39:57 [shadi]
Where a software tool WAS ABLE TO IDENTIFY POTENTIAL PROBLEM INSTANCES,
14:39:57 [shadi]
BUT WHERE HUMAN judgment WAS STILL REQUIRED TO DECIDE OR HELP TO DECIDE
14:39:57 [shadi]
WHETHER AN ACTUAL PROBLEM EXISTS. This should be additionally noted
14:39:57 [shadi]
through the earl:compoundAssertor class of the Assertor.
14:41:00 [drooks]
johannesK: in semi-automated the tool should primarily be responsible for making the decision
14:43:24 [drooks]
shadi: non-automated = manual
14:43:39 [drooks]
shadi: manual the more acceptable term
14:44:53 [drooks]
shadi: we need to invite ATAG to next weeks call
14:45:25 [shadi]
earl:heuristic
14:45:25 [shadi]
This property was designed to cover assertions which are made by
14:45:25 [shadi]
inference, for example based on several existing test results.
14:46:12 [drooks]
shadi: this term is throwing off a lot of people
14:46:45 [drooks]
shadi: propose we rename it to inferred or drop it entirely
14:47:13 [drooks]
EARL:inferred makes more sense
14:50:33 [drooks]
johannesK: EARL:inferred a much better name than heuristic
14:52:33 [drooks]
proposal: rename EARL:heuristic to EARL:inferred and think about putting it elsewhere
14:54:14 [drooks]
RESOLUTION: rename EARL:heuristic to EARL:inferred and think about putting it elsewhere
14:56:15 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007Apr/0008.html
14:56:43 [drooks]
shadi: do we all think notavailable is not a very good name?
14:57:46 [drooks]
i think notavailable is pretty concise
14:59:15 [drooks]
shadi: how do we define it when the test mode is not known
14:59:29 [drooks]
carlosV: how about unknown
14:59:36 [drooks]
how about notProvided
14:59:56 [drooks]
or notSupplied
15:01:01 [drooks]
action: Shadi to collect ideas for renaming EARL:notAvailable
15:01:44 [drooks]
action: Shadi to invite Jan Richards to next teleconf
15:03:30 [Zakim]
-drooks
15:03:32 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
15:06:10 [drooks]
drooks has left #er
15:06:30 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:06:35 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:06:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-minutes.html shadi
15:06:36 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:06:42 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-actions.rdf :
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CarlosV to reissue next draft version of EARL 1.0 guide [1]
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-irc#T14-16-49
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CarlosV to send comment on content section of EARL 1.0 guide [2]
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-irc#T14-17-39
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to check with CarlosI on preparing proposal for next week [3]
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-irc#T14-21-23
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JohannesK to send any comments he has to POWDER WG by end of week [4]
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-irc#T14-30-31
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to collect ideas for renaming EARL:notAvailable [5]
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-irc#T15-01-01
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to invite Jan Richards to next teleconf [6]
15:06:42 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/07/04-er-irc#T15-01-44