IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-06-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:50:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:50:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/06/21-wai-wcag-irc
19:50:36 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
19:50:44 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:50:51 [Ben_]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:50:51 [Zakim]
ok, Ben_; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 50 minutes ago
19:50:56 [Ben_]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:51:07 [Ben_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007AprJun/0194.html
19:51:14 [Ben_]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:51:21 [Ben_]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:51:57 [Ben_]
Regrets: Cynthia_Shelly
19:52:23 [Ben_]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:52:31 [Ben_]
agenda+ New issue tracking system
19:52:38 [Ben_]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for June 21, 2007
19:52:45 [Ben_]
agenda+ Alternate Versions Editorial Note
19:57:08 [bengt_]
bengt_ has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:38 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:58:45 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
19:59:10 [Zakim]
+??P2
19:59:14 [Zakim]
+Cooper
19:59:20 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P2 is Ben_Caldwell
19:59:20 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
19:59:28 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:00 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:00:05 [rscano]
zakim, ??P6 is Roberto_Scano
20:00:05 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:00:27 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:00:27 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:00:42 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:50 [Zakim]
+Andrew_LaHart
20:00:57 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
20:01:15 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:01:30 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:01:43 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P9 is Ben_Caldwell
20:01:43 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:01:51 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aaaa
20:01:56 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:01:59 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:02:14 [Ben_]
zakim, Ben_Caldwell has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:02:14 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:02:16 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:16 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:17 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.7.971 is Sean_Hayes
20:02:17 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named '+1.7.971'
20:02:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, +7.971 is Sean_Hayes
20:02:25 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:03:00 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:03:45 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:03:45 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:04:45 [rellero_]
rellero_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:29 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:05:38 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:05:49 [rellero_]
Zakim, [IPcaller is Roberto_Ellero
20:05:49 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:05:54 [Zakim]
+??P24
20:06:04 [bengt]
zakim, ??P24 is Bengt_Farre
20:06:04 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:07:17 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:29 [Andi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:07:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Cooper, Roberto_Scano, Andrew_LaHart, Sofia_Celic, Ben_Caldwell, Sean_Hayes, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Katie_Haritos-Shea (muted),
20:07:32 [Zakim]
... Andi_Snow-Weaver, Roberto_Ellero, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bengt_Farre
20:07:33 [Zakim]
Ben_Caldwell has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:10:29 [Ben_]
http://trace.wisc.edu/bugzilla_wcag/
20:10:38 [Ben_]
http://trace.wisc.edu/bugzilla_wcag/issuereports/
20:12:03 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:12:17 [Loretta]
ack b
20:12:27 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:17:11 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:17:11 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Ben_]
20:17:14 [MichaelC]
scribe: Christophe
20:17:51 [Christophe]
If any questions or problems with the new issue tracking system: send mail to Gregg and Ben.
20:18:37 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
20:18:37 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "New issue tracking system" taken up [from Ben_]
20:18:42 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
20:18:42 [Zakim]
agendum 2 was just opened, Christophe
20:18:59 [Gregg]
q+
20:19:04 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
20:19:04 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Miscellaneous Proposals for June 21, 2007" taken up [from Ben_]
20:19:54 [Loretta]
ack g
20:19:54 [Christophe]
Survey results at http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070621misc/results
20:20:09 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1958: Is not "naming" a form control a failure?
20:20:54 [Loretta]
ack s
20:21:03 [Christophe]
q+
20:21:55 [Loretta]
ack c
20:22:11 [Christophe]
UA and AT support notes of H44: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20070521/Overview.html#H44
20:23:07 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:23:11 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:23:40 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:24:10 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:29 [Andi]
q+
20:26:35 [Loretta]
ack b
20:28:22 [Andi]
ack a
20:28:35 [Gregg]
Q+
20:28:40 [Gregg]
ACK B
20:28:56 [Loretta]
ack g
20:33:40 [Christophe]
Action: DMD record @@ action about "name" linking in spec ("name" attribute vs other meaning) in the issue
20:34:17 [Christophe]
Issue sent back.
20:34:23 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1977: use of null alt
20:38:26 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:38:56 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:40:03 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:46:06 [Christophe]
Action: David and Sofia to discuss addition to response re null alt
20:46:19 [Christophe]
Resolution: accepted as amended with Michael's comment
20:46:50 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1993: F42: state that items are not tab-navigable
20:53:01 [Christophe]
Resolution: accepted as amended ("Failure of SC 1.3.1 and 2.4.1 due to using scripting events to emulate links")
20:53:20 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1443: F42: Suggestions for making website easier to understand
20:54:40 [Christophe]
Sent back.
20:54:52 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1978: clarify differences between text, images of text and visually rendered text
20:55:46 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:55:53 [Loretta]
ack a
20:57:52 [Loretta]
q+
20:59:09 [Loretta]
ack l
21:03:59 [Christophe]
Resolution: accepted as amended with Gregg's and Michael's suggestions (and remove parentheses from SC 1.4.3 and SC 1.4.5)
21:04:21 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 1971: add our titling requirement as a technique for creating accessible titles
21:11:43 [Christophe]
Resolution: accepted as amended.
21:11:50 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:12:33 [Gregg]
q+
21:12:33 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendume
21:12:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'next agendume', Christophe
21:12:37 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
21:12:37 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, Christophe
21:12:47 [Loretta]
ack b
21:12:57 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
21:12:57 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, Christophe
21:13:05 [Loretta]
ack g
21:13:10 [Christophe]
zakim, next agendum
21:13:10 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "New issue tracking system" taken up [from Ben_]
21:13:30 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 4
21:13:30 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Alternate Versions Editorial Note" taken up [from Ben_]
21:14:21 [Christophe]
Conformance Requirements: http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#conformance-reqs
21:14:45 [Christophe]
Alternate Versions Conformance Requirement: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/05/alternate-versions.html
21:17:02 [Loretta]
ack s
21:18:16 [Andi]
q+
21:18:23 [Loretta]
ack a
21:18:43 [David]
q+
21:19:21 [Loretta]
q+
21:20:48 [Loretta]
ack d
21:21:17 [Gregg]
q+
21:21:57 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:22:53 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:23:15 [Andi]
q+
21:24:10 [Loretta]
ack l
21:24:12 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:25:06 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:25:14 [Loretta]
ack g
21:27:42 [Loretta]
ack a
21:28:18 [Gregg]
q+
21:28:45 [Loretta]
ack g
21:30:50 [Loretta]
q+
21:34:39 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:36:34 [Loretta]
ack l
21:37:10 [Zakim]
-Andrew_LaHart
21:37:39 [Andi]
q+
21:39:55 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
21:44:40 [Loretta]
ack a
21:45:12 [Loretta]
q+
21:47:20 [David]
q+
21:47:56 [Loretta]
ack b
21:48:30 [Andi]
q+
21:50:10 [Loretta]
ack l
21:50:17 [Gregg]
q+
21:50:35 [Loretta]
ack d
21:51:04 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:51:20 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:52:36 [Loretta]
ack a
21:52:51 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:53:15 [Loretta]
ack g
21:53:51 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
21:53:51 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Miscellaneous Proposals for June 21, 2007" taken up [from Ben_]
21:55:18 [Christophe]
Resolution: accept 666 and 1975 as proposed
21:56:01 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 1132: Provide a progressive complexity for both site and page content...: accepted as proposed.
21:57:20 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 2000: Adding "at least" to second sentances of 1.4.3 & 1.4.5 :accepted as amended (add "at least", drop "can")
21:58:21 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 1999: Definition of Levels with respect to impact on people with disabilities: accepted as amended (remove quotation mark at beginning of sentence)
21:59:31 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:00:17 [Christophe]
Resolution: Issue 1990: LC-1437 follow up - font scaling: accepted as amended.
22:00:39 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:00:44 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:00:49 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:00:49 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:01:00 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
22:01:01 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:01:02 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
22:01:02 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:01:03 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:01:14 [Christophe]
Issue 1992: Trying to help readability: next week.
22:01:29 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:02:13 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:02:21 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:02:22 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:02:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Cooper, Roberto_Scano, Andrew_LaHart, Sofia_Celic, +7.971.aaaa, Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Sean_Hayes,
22:02:26 [Zakim]
... Andi_Snow-Weaver, [IPcaller], Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Roberto_Ellero, Bengt_Farre, Tim_Boland, David_MacDonald
22:23:06 [Ben_]
zakim, bye
22:23:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:23:13 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, pointer?
22:23:13 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/06/21-wai-wcag-irc#T22-23-13
22:23:21 [Ben_]
RRSAgent, bye
22:23:21 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/21-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:23:21 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DMD record @@ action about "name" linking in spec ("name" attribute vs other meaning) in the issue [1]
22:23:21 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/21-wai-wcag-irc#T20-33-40
22:23:21 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David and Sofia to discuss addition to response re null alt [2]
22:23:21 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/21-wai-wcag-irc#T20-46-06