IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-06-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:57:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
14:57:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-irc
14:57:05 [Zakim]
agendum 13 added
14:57:07 [Zakim]
agenda+ Standard Transformation Library
14:57:08 [Zakim]
agendum 14 added
14:57:09 [Zakim]
agenda+ #issue-dbooth-3(ambiguity)
14:57:10 [Zakim]
agendum 15 added
14:57:11 [Zakim]
agenda+ #issue-base-param
14:57:13 [Zakim]
agendum 16 added
14:57:15 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL vocabulary and misc spec edits
14:57:16 [Zakim]
agendum 17 added
14:57:18 [Zakim]
agenda+ Implementation Report, toward PR request
14:57:20 [Zakim]
agendum 18 added
14:57:22 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, HarryH
14:57:24 [Zakim]
+??P0
14:57:26 [Zakim]
-??P0
14:57:28 [Zakim]
+??P0
14:57:56 [briansuda]
Zakim, ??P0 is briansuda
14:57:56 [Zakim]
+briansuda; got it
14:58:40 [john-l]
john-l has joined #grddl-wg
14:59:53 [Zakim]
+john-l
15:00:09 [DanC]
agenda -18
15:00:11 [DanC]
agenda -17
15:00:13 [DanC]
agenda -16
15:00:16 [DanC]
agenda -15
15:00:18 [DanC]
agenda -14
15:00:19 [DanC]
agenda -13
15:00:21 [DanC]
agenda -12
15:00:22 [DanC]
agenda -11
15:00:24 [DanC]
agenda -10
15:00:29 [DanC]
agenda -9
15:00:36 [DanC]
oops
15:00:51 [DanC]
agenda 9 = Implementation Report, toward PR request
15:01:05 [Zakim]
+DanC
15:01:25 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
15:01:26 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-06-20T11:00-0400" taken up
15:01:32 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:01:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC
15:01:41 [Zakim]
+??P20
15:01:53 [DanC]
Zakim, ??P20 is rreck
15:01:53 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
15:02:19 [DanC]
Scribe: briansuda
15:02:31 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/att-0113/13-grddl-wg-minutes.html minutes 13 Jun
15:02:34 [rreck]
rreck has joined #grddl-wg
15:03:18 [iand]
iand has joined #grddl-wg
15:03:21 [DanC]
dbooth: note 6 Jun record doesn't say who chaired
15:03:26 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:03:39 [iand]
I am only available via IRC today I'm afraid
15:03:40 [DanC]
(I see a chair in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/att-0046/SV_MEETING_TITLE_--_6_Jun_2007.htm )
15:04:00 [danja_]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is danja_
15:04:01 [Zakim]
+danja_; got it
15:04:25 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:04:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, danja_
15:04:34 [jjc]
jjc has joined #grddl-wg
15:04:35 [DanC]
iand, 13 jun minutes good enough for you?
15:04:40 [iand]
yes
15:04:49 [HarryH]
HarryH has joined #grddl-wg
15:04:55 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to approve minutes 13 Jun
15:05:16 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 27 June 11:00-0400. scribe volunteer?
15:05:33 [DanC]
HarryH, you're still OK for next week, right?
15:05:49 [Zakim]
+Harry_Halpin
15:05:51 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to meet again Wed, 27 June 11:00-0400, danja_ to scribe
15:06:37 [Zakim]
+Murray_Maloney
15:06:53 [rreck]
can someone please provide a link to the agenda?
15:06:58 [briansuda]
harry, discuss 1 or 2 or dbooths proposals
15:07:07 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:07:13 [Zakim]
+??P30
15:07:14 [DanC]
but for archival purposes...
15:07:17 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:07:17 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Done without comment" taken up
15:07:24 [danja]
danja has joined #grddl-wg
15:07:27 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:07:27 [Zakim]
agendum 2 was just opened, HarryH
15:07:32 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 3
15:07:32 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Primer" taken up
15:07:35 [DanC]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0177.html
15:08:08 [briansuda]
harry, for primer - addressed comments, queries working (some), ...
15:08:43 [briansuda]
danny, referencing profile documents, giving bad results?
15:09:09 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to publish http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/primer.html v 1.81 2007/06/20 14:05:38 plus SPARQL query fixes, plus editorial changes that Harry runs by at least one WG member
15:09:15 [HarryH]
Embedded RDF?
15:09:15 [DanC]
^that's what I heard harry propose
15:09:17 [briansuda]
danny, resulting RDF was not complete, or maybe the guitar example
15:09:23 [FabienG]
FabienG has joined #grddl-wg
15:09:41 [DanC]
(brian, use danny: to attribute something to danny)
15:10:02 [jjc]
The use of a namespace on the root element represents a declaration that the document conforms to the authoritative definition of that namespace as defined by the namespace owner, which may include a transformation from that XML dialect into RDF using GRDDL.
15:10:03 [HarryH]
* ACTION: danja to review primer [CONTINUES]
15:10:43 [briansuda]
harry: one last grammar check
15:10:48 [briansuda]
on the primer
15:11:37 [briansuda]
danny: just light editorary thing, and the one error in RDF
15:12:04 [HarryH]
Danja, also it would also be useful for you to run queries over sample data.
15:12:14 [briansuda]
Dan: keep as much out of the critical path, just Harry and Danny
15:12:14 [Zakim]
+FabienG
15:12:39 [briansuda]
Danny: david's usecase had the error
15:12:56 [briansuda]
that error was fixed yesterday
15:13:04 [jjc]
(jeremy + ian)
15:13:15 [briansuda]
Harry: looking for consense on proposal
15:13:24 [HarryH]
PROPOSED: to publish http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/primer.html v 1.81 2007/06/20 14:05:38 plus SPARQL query fixes, plus editorial changes that Harry runs by at least one WG member.
15:13:32 [briansuda]
danny: seconds
15:13:35 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:13:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, danja_, Harry_Halpin, Murray_Maloney, jjc, FabienG
15:13:47 [briansuda]
david: yes,
15:13:54 [briansuda]
john: yes
15:13:57 [rreck]
yes
15:14:00 [FabienG]
fabien : concur
15:14:01 [briansuda]
dan: yes
15:14:01 [HarryH]
rreck?
15:14:11 [briansuda]
Murry: yes
15:14:21 [iand]
yes
15:14:21 [briansuda]
brian: yes
15:14:44 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: to publish http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/primer.html v 1.81 2007/06/20 14:05:38 plus SPARQL query fixes, plus editorial changes that Harry runs by at least one WG member.
15:14:47 [rreck]
version 1.81?
15:15:13 [briansuda]
Dan: put the pictures back into the primer
15:15:14 [john-l]
That's to publish that to http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-primer/ as a working draft?
15:15:25 [rreck]
yes, i concur
15:15:43 [briansuda]
Dan: all the actions are closed on that item
15:16:08 [briansuda]
Dan: working draft or note?
15:16:13 [briansuda]
Harry: note
15:16:17 [HarryH]
Primer as a Note.
15:16:38 [DanC]
WG Note fine by me
15:17:00 [HarryH]
RESOLVED: to publish http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/primer.html v 1.81 2007/06/20 14:05:38 as a WG Note plus SPARQL query fixes, plus editorial changes that Harry runs by at least one WG member.
15:17:31 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
15:17:31 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Done without comment" taken up
15:17:36 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 4
15:17:37 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "GRDDL Test Cases" taken up
15:17:41 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 2
15:17:41 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Done without comment, closed
15:17:42 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:17:43 [Zakim]
4. GRDDL Test Cases
15:18:11 [briansuda]
name change from embeded-RDF to inline-RDF
15:18:13 [HarryH]
ACTION: john-l to ping Dave Beckett about embeddedRDF [DONE]
15:18:35 [briansuda]
Harry: do we have earl results from Dave Beckett? - not yet
15:18:45 [jjc]
On test cases http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0199
15:18:51 [briansuda]
John: contacted Dave about this
15:18:52 [Zakim]
-jjc
15:18:56 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0135.html
15:19:06 [DanC]
(is "ACTION: chimezie to update test manifest to include statements about features exercised by each test" done?)
15:19:35 [john-l]
DanC, good question; I believe the answer is yes.
15:19:37 [Zakim]
+??P24
15:19:38 [briansuda]
Harry: any of chimezie open questions need to be answered
15:20:17 [briansuda]
john: not sure if this is not finished
15:20:46 [briansuda]
still @@'s on XProc stuff
15:22:35 [briansuda]
Harry: get the test editor's draft up to speed to publish next week...
15:22:55 [briansuda]
Dan: there have been answers to the @@'s that need to be put into the document
15:23:31 [HarryH]
ACTION: john-l to ask chime to fix @@s in test-case document
15:23:48 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0140.html Re: Updates to test cases editor's draft. from Dan C
15:24:54 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0199.html and from jjc re test editor's draft
15:25:23 [HarryH]
Zakim open item 5
15:25:28 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 5
15:25:29 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Standard Transformation Library" taken up
15:25:32 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 4
15:25:32 [Zakim]
agendum 4, GRDDL Test Cases, closed
15:25:33 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:25:34 [Zakim]
5. Standard Transformation Library
15:25:54 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/pendinglist
15:26:04 [briansuda]
Jeremy: should not suggest more tests, they won't get into the draft - they test the LIB not the implementations
15:26:21 [briansuda]
no need to formally approve them
15:26:34 [briansuda]
Dan: interested in getting them on the test suite
15:26:40 [john-l]
ACTION: john-l to exercise GRDDL.py on http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/pendinglist
15:26:52 [jjc]
#trix2 does not work yet
15:27:56 [briansuda]
Jeremy: will chat with John and seek approval next week
15:28:28 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc to fix glean-profile to work with redirects [DONE]
15:28:41 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 6
15:28:42 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "#issue-dbooth-3(ambiguity)" taken up
15:28:46 [dbooth]
slides http://dbooth.org/2007/grddl/ambiguity.ppt
15:28:54 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0142.html
15:29:26 [briansuda]
david: slide 2, given an XML document, what RDF was intended
15:30:22 [briansuda]
slide 3: not disirable abiguity, not forcing author to be unabigious, ...
15:30:29 [DanC]
Zakim, mute jjc
15:30:29 [Zakim]
jjc should now be muted
15:30:48 [briansuda]
slide 4, two kinds of ambiguity
15:30:58 [briansuda]
1. Wrong results. Results contain different triples than intended.
15:31:04 [briansuda]
2. Subsetting. User unknowingly gets a proper subset of the intended results, while believing that he/she got all of them.
15:31:59 [briansuda]
leave the door open to future working groups to determine terms
15:32:05 [briansuda]
Proposal 1b part 1: Partial solution
15:32:12 [briansuda]
Proposal: Change input of GRDDL transformation from XPath node tree to representation
15:32:38 [dbooth]
http://dbooth.org/2007/grddl/ambiguity.ppt
15:32:43 [danja]
danja has joined #grddl-wg
15:32:47 [dbooth]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0201.html
15:33:39 [briansuda]
Permits transformation author to reduce variability in the "transformation application" step
15:33:51 [briansuda]
Simple normative change
15:33:54 [briansuda]
No changes to test cases
15:34:01 [briansuda]
Proposal 2b part 1: Better solution
15:34:06 [Zakim]
-danja_
15:34:15 [dbooth]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0209.html
15:34:16 [briansuda]
Proposal:
15:34:16 [briansuda]
Change input of GRDDL transformation from XPath node tree to representation; and
15:34:16 [briansuda]
Specify that parsing is minimal, non-validating/me wn/
15:34:43 [jjc]
[[
15:34:43 [jjc]
change: "XML document" to "XML document D"
15:34:44 [jjc]
and: "TP applied to R" to "TP applied to D"
15:34:44 [jjc]
]]
15:34:53 [jjc]
is the part imported from earlier messages
15:35:00 [briansuda]
Observations:
15:35:01 [briansuda]
Reduces unwanted ambiguity problem
15:35:01 [briansuda]
Permits transformation author to reduce variability in the "transformation application" step
15:35:01 [briansuda]
Simple normative change
15:35:01 [briansuda]
No changes to test cases
15:35:26 [DanC]
(require non-validating parsing? that conflicts with recent real-world experience, i.e. XTech )
15:36:11 [DanC]
(at this point in the process, post-CR, any substantive changes really should come with test cases.)
15:36:14 [jjc]
(I discovered that I am using a validating parser - I need to find out how to switch it off)
15:36:28 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:36:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, Harry_Halpin, Murray_Maloney, FabienG, jjc (muted)
15:36:49 [briansuda]
abstain
15:37:12 [briansuda]
john: yes, interested
15:37:42 [briansuda]
Dan: change from nodeset-document needs some test-cases, no support without test cases
15:37:56 [briansuda]
Dan: based on the proposal, no
15:38:00 [HarryH]
DanC - no (without test-cases)
15:38:03 [rreck]
yes i am interested. but i think test cases are useful
15:38:10 [HarryH]
abstrain
15:38:24 [HarryH]
murray - no
15:38:32 [HarryH]
and would require re-opening faithful infoset.
15:38:34 [jjc]
Zakim, unmute me
15:38:34 [Zakim]
jjc should no longer be muted
15:38:35 [FabienG]
concur
15:38:39 [HarryH]
jjc?
15:38:40 [iand]
i abstain
15:39:04 [briansuda]
jeremy: opposed, ...
15:39:15 [jjc]
(personally speaking)
15:39:19 [jjc]
Zakim, mute me
15:39:19 [Zakim]
jjc should now be muted
15:39:28 [HarryH]
3 yes and 3 nos.
15:39:33 [dbooth]
dbooth is yes :)
15:39:57 [HarryH]
What if jeremy's test case was added:
15:39:58 [briansuda]
david: if the test case were added, would there be support?
15:40:00 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:40:09 [Zakim]
-Harry_Halpin
15:40:18 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0149.html
15:40:35 [jjc]
Zakim, unmute me
15:40:35 [Zakim]
jjc should no longer be muted
15:40:42 [briansuda]
david: implimentor issues, would/could they make the changes
15:41:00 [Zakim]
+Harry_Halpin
15:42:44 [briansuda]
Murry?: we don't have tests that take a document in, look for transformation, then decide to execute or not?
15:42:48 [jjc]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/pendinglist#db-3a
15:42:51 [jjc]
and onwards
15:43:04 [briansuda]
all the current apps we use are pipelines
15:43:11 [dbooth]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0209.html
15:43:28 [briansuda]
david: 2b part 1 straw poll, same as 1b part 1, with extras
15:43:45 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:43:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, Murray_Maloney, FabienG, jjc, [IPcaller] (muted), Harry_Halpin
15:43:57 [jjc]
Zakim, mute me
15:43:57 [Zakim]
jjc should now be muted
15:44:00 [briansuda]
abstain
15:44:06 [HarryH]
john-l: yes
15:44:08 [briansuda]
John: yes
15:44:26 [jjc]
Zakim, unmute me
15:44:26 [Zakim]
jjc should no longer be muted
15:44:37 [briansuda]
Dan: against, but needs thought
15:44:41 [rreck]
yes
15:44:51 [HarryH]
murray: no
15:44:52 [briansuda]
Murry: no
15:44:52 [FabienG]
concur
15:44:57 [jjc]
no
15:45:03 [HarryH]
danja?
15:45:13 [iand]
i abstain
15:45:16 [HarryH]
abstain
15:45:30 [DanC]
(Harry, if there's no open issue, the WG doesn't have to make a decision; a proposal that doesn't get consensus can just go by the wayside)
15:45:43 [danja]
muted ipcaller
15:46:20 [briansuda]
david: withdraw proposals at this point
15:46:35 [briansuda]
Harry: any portion or changes that the WG could improve and push forward?
15:46:41 [danja]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is danja
15:46:41 [Zakim]
+danja; got it
15:46:53 [danja]
Zakim, unmute me
15:46:53 [Zakim]
danja should no longer be muted
15:46:59 [jjc]
Zakim, unmute me
15:46:59 [Zakim]
jjc should no longer be muted
15:47:10 [DanC]
(I think the "complete GRDDL result" idea is interesting, but I'm not sure how to fit it into the WG schedule. I guess I encourage an HP submission or something.)
15:47:24 [briansuda]
David: anyone on the fence, what changes would be simple tweaks that would change your thoughts?
15:47:34 [briansuda]
danny: hasn't had a chance to review full, many good points...
15:49:19 [briansuda]
danny: how many of these are known-problems?
15:49:48 [briansuda]
Harry: xinclude example, to resolve or not resolve it
15:50:06 [briansuda]
Danny: different triples, is different than sub-set - wrong results are problems
15:50:06 [jjc]
Zakim, unmute me
15:50:06 [Zakim]
jjc should no longer be muted
15:50:30 [briansuda]
Murry: if you don't deal with infoset, then you are missing info.
15:50:48 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to respond to issue-dbooth-3 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007AprJun/0078.html by noting that the WG sees some room for further study, but has postponed a nearby issue, issue-faithful-infoset , and encourages the community to experiment in this area
15:50:56 [DanC]
q+
15:50:59 [briansuda]
murry: DTD and other things add parts to a true XML document
15:51:16 [jjc]
q+ to represent someone else in HP
15:51:32 [briansuda]
david: permit the author to use things like XProc to control the flow
15:51:51 [HarryH]
ack jjc
15:51:51 [danja]
Zakim, mute me
15:51:52 [Zakim]
jjc, you wanted to represent someone else in HP
15:51:55 [Zakim]
danja should now be muted
15:52:11 [briansuda]
Murry: the proposal doesn't change how Xproc handles anything
15:53:17 [briansuda]
Jeremy: many specs are moving tword ???
15:53:17 [DanC]
(re jjc's point, noah M. (in the TAG) often brings up "synthetic infosets" )
15:53:21 [HarryH]
ack DanC
15:54:09 [briansuda]
Harry: if we postpone this, then it delays the GRDDL spec
15:54:28 [jjc]
q+ to modify DanC's proposal, if the chair wishes us to consider it
15:54:53 [jjc]
DanC: proposed to respond to comment noting that we have postponed #faithful-infoset
15:55:09 [briansuda]
Harry: anything between normative and tests?
15:57:30 [briansuda]
Harry: the spec talks about passing the node-tree to transformation language
15:57:53 [HarryH]
ack jjc
15:57:53 [Zakim]
jjc, you wanted to modify DanC's proposal, if the chair wishes us to consider it
15:58:28 [briansuda]
David: wants to hold till next week
15:58:33 [briansuda]
Dan: wants to decide now
15:58:46 [briansuda]
Jeremy: amendment to Dan's proposal
15:59:31 [briansuda]
postponing faithful-info set was an important part of and referenced in our documents
15:59:44 [DanC]
q+ to suggest that links to open tag issues fit better in the status section
16:00:01 [HarryH]
ack DanC
16:00:01 [Zakim]
DanC, you wanted to suggest that links to open tag issues fit better in the status section
16:00:18 [briansuda]
Dan: tag issues in the status section already, could add a link there
16:00:57 [briansuda]
add a link to the status section about XML
16:01:28 [briansuda]
David: jeremy's wordsmithing, be away to address teh comment
16:01:41 [jjc]
[[
16:01:41 [jjc]
this specification anticipates that the
16:01:42 [jjc]
resolution of TAG issue
16:01:42 [jjc]
<a href="http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#xmlFunctions-34">
16:01:42 [jjc]
xmlFunctions-34
16:01:42 [jjc]
</a>
16:01:44 [jjc]
will provide further
16:01:46 [jjc]
clarification and guidance.
16:01:48 [jjc]
]]
16:01:58 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0199.html #faithful-infoset wordsmithing JJC 19 Jun
16:02:17 [briansuda]
change that text to something else
16:02:29 [jjc]
GRDDL is intended to contribute to addressing Web Architecture issues such as RDFinXHTML-35 and namespaceDocument-8 as well as issues postponed by the RDF Core working group such as rdfms-validating-embedded-rdf and faq-html-compliance.
16:02:59 [briansuda]
Jeremy: add something near there, similar to my wordsmithing
16:03:19 [briansuda]
David: jeremy's wording would certainly be an improvement
16:03:52 [briansuda]
Jeremy: Would like Dan to add something in that section about XML
16:05:04 [briansuda]
David: WG hold so folks can read, or move forward
16:05:37 [briansuda]
Jeremy: has suggest words, but Dan is the editor, so he is over text - up to the editor
16:05:57 [briansuda]
trusts dan to edit as he sees fit
16:06:49 [dbooth]
specifically words to the effect that the "xmlFunctions-34
16:06:50 [dbooth]
</a>
16:06:50 [dbooth]
will provide further
16:06:50 [dbooth]
clarification and guidance"
16:06:51 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: work xmlFunctions-34 ref, incl "guidance..." into status section
16:07:07 [jjc]
Note: Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 00:33:18 -0400 was when the comemnt was made
16:07:15 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:07:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, Murray_Maloney, FabienG, jjc, danja (muted), Harry_Halpin
16:07:21 [danja]
Zakim, unmute me
16:07:21 [Zakim]
danja should no longer be muted
16:07:25 [rreck]
yes
16:07:42 [briansuda]
john: yes
16:07:44 [briansuda]
Dan: no
16:07:54 [briansuda]
ronald: yes
16:07:56 [briansuda]
murry: no
16:07:59 [FabienG]
concur
16:08:04 [HarryH]
murray: no
16:08:08 [briansuda]
jeremy; no
16:08:14 [iand]
concur
16:08:14 [briansuda]
danny: concur
16:09:27 [briansuda]
Harry: can't extend this more than next week
16:09:48 [briansuda]
if we cannot reach formal consensus by next week, that is it
16:10:14 [briansuda]
david: if one more week is given, then the WG has atiquatly addressed the comment
16:11:05 [briansuda]
harry: one normative and test case, there is no actual text. these need to be thought through and flush out by next week
16:11:15 [DanC]
(it's always best when specific stuff is available as of when the agenda goes out)
16:12:00 [DanC]
(http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec 1.271 has an attempt at the xmlFunctions stuff in the status section )
16:12:05 [briansuda]
Harry: without chairs hat, this is just a possible design pattern for GRDDL agents for langs that are not XSLT1
16:12:19 [danja]
(that makes sense)
16:12:27 [briansuda]
David: to use XProc instead of XSLT
16:12:43 [briansuda]
Murry: XProc doesn't actually do what david intends
16:12:47 [dbooth]
I only know what i have read in the XProc spec
16:13:22 [briansuda]
Harry: informative text to the spec or a note, lang not XSLT1 have potential issues
16:13:33 [jjc]
(to DanC)
16:14:27 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:14:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, Murray_Maloney, FabienG, jjc, danja, Harry_Halpin
16:14:31 [briansuda]
abstain
16:15:04 [briansuda]
david: part 2, subsetting problem
16:15:11 [DanC]
Zakim, mute jjc temporarily
16:15:11 [Zakim]
jjc should now be muted
16:15:26 [Zakim]
jjc should now be unmuted again
16:15:38 [briansuda]
gets GRDDL results, partical results return, but there is no way to know if they got ALL the results intended
16:15:55 [briansuda]
leave the door open to a WG note, ...
16:16:01 [dbooth]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0199.html
16:16:14 [dbooth]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0201.html
16:16:28 [briansuda]
ignore the first URL
16:16:31 [danja]
(not sure I see the subsetting problem as a problem)
16:16:51 [danja]
Zakim, mute me
16:16:51 [Zakim]
danja should now be muted
16:17:07 [briansuda]
david: involves adding a sentance and add mention about the WG note
16:17:15 [rreck]
abstain
16:17:17 [briansuda]
abstain
16:17:20 [HarryH]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:17:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, Murray_Maloney, FabienG, jjc, danja (muted), Harry_Halpin
16:17:26 [briansuda]
john: yes
16:17:32 [iand]
what is the proposal?
16:17:57 [danja]
Zakim, unmute me
16:17:59 [Zakim]
danja should no longer be muted
16:18:00 [jjc]
discussion about WG Note about complete GRDDL result?
16:18:08 [briansuda]
dan: interesting, but as team contact no cycles to do admin work
16:19:30 [DanC]
(a) mentioning the WG in the body of the spec isn't something I like to do as editor
16:19:36 [briansuda]
jeremy: is this actually on the agenda.
16:19:55 [DanC]
(b) the suggestion under faithful infoset is a testable assertion
16:20:17 [HarryH]
HP submission
16:20:28 [briansuda]
Harry: this could be an HP submission rather than a Note
16:20:34 [Zakim]
-Murray_Maloney
16:20:58 [DanC]
(b) the suggestion under faithful infoset is a testable assertion; to add that at this (post-CR) stage suggests adding test cases.
16:20:58 [briansuda]
David: is happy to do this as a submission rather than a WG note
16:22:17 [briansuda]
Jermey: happy with it to be a note, but does not like the content, against the sentance
16:22:48 [HarryH]
ACTION dbooth Send "just that sentence to be added to faithful infoset" over the listserv
16:23:01 [HarryH]
Zakim, next item
16:23:01 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Standard Transformation Library" taken up
16:23:09 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 7
16:23:09 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "#issue-base-param" taken up
16:23:26 [briansuda]
Dan: no movement on that action
16:23:34 [dbooth]
ACTION: dbooth to Send "just that sentence to be added to faithful infoset" over the listserv
16:23:51 [briansuda]
Dan: will get around to it eventually
16:23:58 [HarryH]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0171.html
16:24:51 [jjc]
Note this was informative not substantive - it is a fair bit of text ...
16:25:03 [briansuda]
John: confident that changes are in, would like a review if possible
16:25:26 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 8
16:25:26 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "GRDDL vocabulary and misc spec edits" taken up
16:25:34 [briansuda]
Jeremy: Dave Beckett has mentioned it.
16:26:06 [HarryH]
ACTION: DanC to incorporate 0054 comments into namespace doc.(consider notifying Dave Beckett)
16:26:12 [briansuda]
Harry: comments from Dave Booth...
16:26:23 [HarryH]
s/Booth/Beckett
16:26:39 [briansuda]
Dan: has made changes, found and issue
16:26:44 [jjc]
ACTION: jjc to ask DaveBeckett to look at Base appendix, in response to appropriate comment
16:27:08 [HarryH]
ACTION: DanC to incorporate 0054 comments into namespace doc.(consider notifying Dave Beckett) [CONTINUES]
16:27:15 [HarryH]
Zakim, open item 9
16:27:15 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Implementation Report, toward PR request" taken up
16:27:45 [DanC]
as to how I'm not done on namespace doc: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0174.html
16:27:51 [briansuda]
Harry: getting close
16:28:05 [HarryH]
ACTION: DanC to incorporate 0054 comments into namespace doc.(consider notifying Dave Beckett)
16:28:21 [HarryH]
Do we want to include raptor in our PR request?
16:28:29 [briansuda]
Dan: yes
16:29:04 [briansuda]
Jeremy: we have more tests to approve next week, so abit of a moving target
16:29:35 [briansuda]
Dan: w3c online service and ??? are two implementations
16:29:49 [john-l]
Jeremy, are you planning on pushing out some new EARL results soon?
16:29:52 [briansuda]
Harry: W3C should be kept correct, even if they use other people's code
16:30:03 [jjc]
should do before I go on holiday - EARL
16:30:13 [john-l]
Excellent.
16:30:17 [briansuda]
dan: kingsly and co. open link vertuoso? is second implementation
16:30:32 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to ping Dom to encourage him to move code.
16:30:50 [HarryH]
ACTION: Danja to contact Kingsley and try to get GRDDL EARL results
16:30:52 [john-l]
ACTION: john-l to update http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/test_results based on new EARL results as they come in.
16:30:56 [DanC]
danja, if you could wish into your blog about an openlink column in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/test_results , that might do it
16:31:27 [briansuda]
Harry: don't want to keep contacting people for EARL for tests we keep adding
16:31:33 [danja]
'k, nice leverage :-)
16:31:36 [john-l]
ACTION: john-l to generate new EARL for GRDDL.py.
16:32:13 [briansuda]
Jeremy: wants to keep contacting Dave about back and forth about test lib updates
16:32:13 [DanC]
(DanC is happy to add tests as they mature)
16:32:46 [briansuda]
Dan: approve them today, contigent on John or wait
16:33:06 [briansuda]
Harry: can we ask EARL on un-approved tests
16:33:13 [DanC]
q+
16:33:22 [HarryH]
ack DanC
16:33:35 [briansuda]
Dan: edit the master list of tests, when you thiink it is resonable
16:34:08 [briansuda]
Harry: this will get us EARL results
16:34:45 [HarryH]
ACTION: john-l and chime to update test document to reflect new tests (but not one in response dbooth) asap in order for those results to be in EARL.
16:35:01 [briansuda]
Harry: PR request needs EARL inorder...
16:35:09 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/lc-spec
16:36:52 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH and DanC to write XML Activity Lead and Chair of XSL/XQuery cc SemWeb CG re quotes
16:37:40 [briansuda]
jeremy: need to close the loop on these comments... are you satisfied, yes/no ...
16:37:50 [DanC]
on beckett in particular
16:38:03 [jjc]
ACTION: jjc close loop with DaveB on 0102
16:38:10 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc review appendix A of test editors draft [DO
16:38:23 [DanC]
i.e. [DONE]
16:38:25 [HarryH]
ACTION: jjc review appendix A of test editors draft [DONE]
16:38:39 [HarryH]
ACTION: DanC to review test coverage results via tabulator [WITHDRAWN]
16:38:43 [briansuda]
HArry: results from Tablulator?
16:38:59 [briansuda]
Harry: do people feel we are ready for PR?
16:39:19 [HarryH]
WBS Survey?
16:39:36 [HarryH]
ACTION: HarryH to write draft PR request
16:39:54 [briansuda]
David: other editoray things he has run across - not major issues
16:40:21 [DanC]
(thanks, briansuda , for staying late to scribe.)
16:40:26 [HarryH]
Meeting adjourned.
16:40:29 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:40:37 [Zakim]
-dbooth
16:40:39 [Zakim]
-danja
16:40:41 [briansuda]
AJOURNED
16:40:48 [briansuda]
ADJOURNED
16:41:20 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:41:34 [briansuda]
rrsagent draft minutes
16:42:11 [briansuda]
RRSAgent draft minutes
16:42:25 [briansuda]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:42:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
16:42:59 [briansuda]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
16:43:11 [HarryH]
\http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/medicalquery.rq
16:43:24 [briansuda]
rrsagent, make logs world-visible
16:43:28 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/hl7-sample.rdf
16:43:33 [HarryH]
produced from
16:43:38 [HarryH]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/hl7-sample.xml
16:43:45 [briansuda]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:43:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
16:44:19 [briansuda]
Chair: HarryH
16:44:30 [john-l]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/hl7-sample-grddl.xml
16:44:32 [HarryH]
produced from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc29/hl7-sample-grddl.xml
16:44:32 [briansuda]
did we have any regrets today?
16:44:36 [HarryH]
Simone
16:44:39 [john-l]
Chime
16:44:46 [briansuda]
Regrets: Simone,Chime
16:44:57 [briansuda]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:44:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
16:45:08 [jjc]
<rdfs:Description rdf:about="">
16:46:04 [briansuda]
rrsagent, make logs world-visible
16:46:10 [briansuda]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:46:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
16:46:26 [jjc]
<rdfs:Description rdf:about=''>
16:46:27 [john-l]
Harry, you're still going to press onward with testing the spreadsheet example, right?
16:46:28 [briansuda]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
16:46:40 [jjc]
line 67 of the version of transform in doc29
16:46:47 [HarryH]
Yep, will double-check spreadsheet example.
16:46:59 [john-l]
Cool; do you need anything else from me?
16:47:05 [HarryH]
Nope
16:47:16 [Zakim]
-john-l
16:47:39 [jjc]
grddl:transformation="../td/hl7-rim-to-pomr.xslt"
16:48:18 [briansuda]
Zakim, what confernce?
16:48:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, briansuda.
16:48:25 [jjc]
grddl:transformation="hl7-rim-to-pomr.xslt"
16:48:58 [Zakim]
-FabienG
16:49:28 [FabienG]
FabienG has left #grddl-wg
16:49:55 [Zakim]
-briansuda
16:50:01 [Zakim]
-Harry_Halpin
16:50:08 [HarryH]
jjc - sorry gotta catch an airplane!
16:50:16 [briansuda]
Zakim, list attendees
16:50:16 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, danja_, Harry_Halpin, Murray_Maloney, jjc, FabienG, danja
16:50:34 [HarryH]
But if there's a mismatch between primer and test directory we should straighten it out and they should both produce the correct RDF, i.e. no rdfs:Description.
16:50:53 [briansuda]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:50:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
16:51:14 [briansuda]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
16:51:18 [briansuda]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:51:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
16:51:20 [HarryH]
Tell me if you grok what's going on. I'll be busy for the next 3 days but will give everything a good lookover this weekend.
16:51:22 [HarryH]
Thanks!
16:51:32 [briansuda]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
16:51:35 [briansuda]
rrsagent, make logs world-visible
16:51:39 [briansuda]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:51:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-grddl-wg-minutes.html briansuda
16:55:02 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, jjc, in SW_GRDDL()11:00AM
16:55:03 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
16:55:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were dbooth, briansuda, john-l, DanC, rreck, danja_, Harry_Halpin, Murray_Maloney, jjc, FabienG, danja
17:02:01 [jjc]
jjc has joined #grddl-wg