IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-06-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:54:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:54:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-irc
19:54:44 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:54:51 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
19:55:02 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007AprJun/0182.html
19:56:24 [MichaelC]
regrets: Roberto_Ellero
19:57:04 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:57:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.240.855.aaaa
19:57:52 [Zakim]
+??P1
19:57:59 [rscano]
zakim, ??P1 is Roberto_Scano
19:57:59 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
19:58:14 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
19:58:14 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
19:58:36 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:58 [Zakim]
+Cooper
19:59:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.240 is Bruce_Bailey
19:59:25 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
19:59:48 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:00:03 [Zakim]
+Andrew_LaHart
20:00:06 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:00:15 [Ben]
zakim, ??P7 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:00:15 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:01:13 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:29 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
20:01:29 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
20:01:50 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:01:57 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:12 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:12 [Zakim]
-Andrew_LaHart
20:02:14 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:32 [rscano]
zakim, who is here?
20:02:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Roberto_Scano, Cooper, David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, Makoto_Ueki
20:02:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see David, Gregg, Drew, Christophe, Makoto, RRSAgent, Zakim, Ben, rscano, MichaelC
20:02:43 [Zakim]
+Don_Evans
20:02:58 [Zakim]
+Andrew_LaHart
20:03:10 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:03:20 [rscano]
zakim, who is making noise?
20:03:22 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:03:31 [Zakim]
rscano, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Bruce_Bailey (8%), David_MacDonald (32%), Don_Evans (0%), Gregg_and_Ben (41%), Makoto_Ueki (3%), Alex_Li (12%)
20:03:47 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:03:49 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:03:56 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:06 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:04:06 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:05:21 [MichaelC]
scribe: Drew
20:05:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up first item
20:05:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up first item', MichaelC
20:05:32 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:05:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:05:38 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:06:41 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:06:59 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller is Bengt_Farre
20:06:59 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:07:40 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aabb
20:10:55 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
20:10:55 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous proposals for 14 June 2007 <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20070614-misc/results>" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:11:26 [Drew]
topic: CAPTCHA
20:12:27 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:13:11 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic
20:14:07 [MichaelC]
q+
20:15:24 [MichaelC]
ack me
20:16:02 [David]
q+
20:16:18 [Gregg]
ack c
20:17:40 [MichaelC]
q?
20:17:52 [Gregg]
ack d
20:26:17 [Drew]
Action: Michael and Cynthia to rework CAPTCHA (Issue 0142)
20:26:52 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:26:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Bruce_Bailey, Roberto_Scano, Cooper, David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, Makoto_Ueki, Don_Evans, Andrew_LaHart, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly,
20:26:56 [Zakim]
... Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre, Sean_Hayes, Sofia_Celic
20:26:59 [Drew]
topic: Programmatically Determined Link Context
20:32:11 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept proposal minus last sentence with or changed to of.
20:33:32 [Drew]
topic: SC 3.3.3, SC 3.3.6: Error Prevention shouldn't be limited to forms
20:35:56 [Gregg]
ack a
20:37:38 [Gregg]
ack c
20:38:55 [Gregg]
ack a
20:45:56 [Gregg]
ack a
20:48:31 [Drew]
Action: Alex discuss forms in understanding sc 3.3.3 and 3.3.6
20:49:50 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept commentor comment 0151 and 0152
20:50:10 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
20:50:36 [Drew]
s/0152/0152 which would change forms to web pages
20:52:14 [Drew]
topic: Web site too complicated
20:53:56 [Gregg]
ack a
20:55:02 [Drew]
Action: David to send an inquiry as to page in question and suggestions for improvement, as well as Quick reference link
20:55:38 [Drew]
topic: CSS Suggestions for QuickRef
20:57:51 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept response as revised by Gregg
20:59:30 [Drew]
topic: Require publicly documented semantics of language
21:00:05 [bengt]
zakim, who is making noise ?
21:00:18 [Zakim]
bengt, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: Gregg_and_Ben (63%), Makoto_Ueki (62%), Alex_Li (29%)
21:00:59 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept Response as amended
21:01:25 [Drew]
topic: LC-469: Resizing with no horizontal scrolling
21:01:54 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
21:02:12 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
21:03:47 [Sofia]
q+
21:03:54 [Gregg]
ack s
21:05:08 [Makoto]
zakim, mute me
21:05:08 [Zakim]
Makoto_Ueki should now be muted
21:06:57 [Drew]
Resolution: Accepted as amended
21:07:26 [Drew]
topic: LC-535, LC-536: Audio descriptions and full text alternatives
21:10:04 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept response as amended
21:10:19 [Drew]
topic: [UND WCAG2] i18n comment: Content in two languages (LC-1376)
21:10:33 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept as proposed
21:10:42 [Drew]
topic: minimum text size
21:19:06 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept response as amended
21:19:29 [Drew]
s/amended/amended 0138
21:20:10 [Drew]
topic: 3-tiered priority levels
21:20:10 [Drew]
Refer to comment May0167
21:20:59 [Drew]
s/Refer to comment May0167/Accept response to 0167
21:21:32 [Drew]
topic: Link text conformance level
21:21:53 [Drew]
resolution: Accept response to 0063 as proposed
21:22:04 [Drew]
topic: Require W3C technologies
21:22:16 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept response to 0067 as proposed
21:22:29 [Drew]
topic: Comments related to accessibility supported (LC-1302 and LC-1307)
21:22:46 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:29:15 [Gregg]
ack c
21:29:35 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
21:33:45 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept proposed response to 0084 and 0085 as amended
21:33:58 [Drew]
topic: Responses to LC-537 and LC-538
21:35:32 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept reponse to lc-537 and lc-538 as proposed
21:36:23 [Drew]
topic: The WCAG2 guidelines appear to be complex and the quick reference document follows in the same vein
21:37:15 [Drew]
Action: Gregg to combine 0169 with 0173
21:37:31 [Drew]
s/Gregg/Sofia and Gregg
21:37:48 [Drew]
topic: Contrast and Color
21:45:59 [David]
q+
21:47:00 [Gregg]
ack c
21:47:02 [Gregg]
ack dd
21:47:05 [Gregg]
ack d
21:49:37 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:50:29 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
21:58:42 [Drew]
Action: Everyone - think about 5 to 1 contrast at Level A
22:01:54 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:01:56 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:01:58 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:02:00 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:02:02 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:02:03 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:02:05 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
22:02:09 [Zakim]
-Gregg_and_Ben
22:02:30 [Makoto]
Makoto has left #wai-wcag
22:02:32 [Zakim]
-Andrew_LaHart
22:03:13 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
22:03:13 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +1.240.855.aaaa, Roberto_Scano, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Andrew_LaHart, Gregg_and_Ben, Makoto_Ueki, Don_Evans, Alex_Li,
22:03:13 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:03:16 [Zakim]
... Tim_Boland, Christophe_Strobbe, Cynthia_Shelly, [IPcaller], Bengt_Farre, +7.971.aabb, Sean_Hayes, Sofia_Celic
22:04:09 [Ben]
Present: Bruce_Bailey, Roberto_Scano, Cooper, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Makoto_Ueki, Don_Evans, Andrew_LaHart, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Cynthia_Shelly, Christophe_Strobbe, Bengt_Farre, Sean_Hayes, Sofia_Celic
22:04:15 [Ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
22:04:15 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-irc#T22-04-15
22:04:38 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael and Cynthia to rework CAPTCHA (Issue 0142) [1]
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-irc#T20-26-17
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alex discuss forms in understanding sc 3.3.3 and 3.3.6 [2]
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-irc#T20-48-31
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to send an inquiry as to page in question and suggestions for improvement, as well as Quick reference link [3]
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-irc#T20-55-02
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to combine 0169 with 0173 [4]
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-irc#T21-37-15
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Everyone - think about 5 to 1 contrast at Level A [5]
22:04:38 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/14-wai-wcag-irc#T21-58-42