IRC log of ws-policy on 2007-06-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:03:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-policy
16:03:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc
16:03:59 [toufic]
yes
16:04:05 [toufic]
just invited rrsagent
16:04:10 [toufic]
setting up the call
16:04:21 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
16:04:21 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
16:04:37 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
16:05:00 [toufic]
zakim, this will be ws_policy
16:05:00 [Zakim]
ok, toufic, I see WS_Policy()12:00PM already started
16:05:13 [toufic]
scribe: toufic
16:05:20 [PaulC]
PaulC has joined #ws-policy
16:05:42 [toufic]
Meeting: WS-Policy Teleconference
16:05:50 [toufic]
zakim, mute me
16:05:53 [Zakim]
toufic should now be muted
16:06:01 [toufic]
that's why i was muted before :)
16:06:10 [PaulC]
ok
16:06:15 [toufic]
don't know the command Paul
16:06:18 [toufic]
let me look it up
16:06:18 [prasad]
zakim, who is here?
16:06:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Fabian, ??P16, Yakov_Sverdlov, Sergey_Beryozkin, m2, Mark_Little, toufic (muted), Abbie_Barbir, asir, Prasad_Yendluri, Frederick_Hirsch, Tom_Rutt, Maryann_Hondo,
16:06:21 [Zakim]
... Ashok_Malhotra
16:06:22 [Zakim]
asir has paul
16:06:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see PaulC, RRSAgent, TRutt__, prasad, monica, abbie, Yakov, SergeyB, Zakim, asir, Fabian, Ashok, toufic, dmoberg, maryann_, trackbot
16:06:24 [toufic]
ok sorry, thanks prasad
16:06:29 [asir]
ScribeNick: toufic
16:06:29 [asir]
Meeting: WS-Policy WG Conference Call
16:06:29 [asir]
Chair: Paul Cotton
16:06:32 [dmoberg]
probably dmoberg
16:06:43 [dmoberg]
over voip phone from brussels
16:06:47 [toufic]
Chair: Paul Cotton
16:06:49 [Zakim]
-Mark_Little
16:06:52 [Fabian]
8% noise? Must be static on the line, my phone is muted here
16:07:04 [Fabian]
zakim, mute me
16:07:04 [Zakim]
Fabian should now be muted
16:07:05 [mlittle]
mlittle has joined #ws-policy
16:07:16 [PaulC]
Frederick (Nokia) is also present.
16:07:42 [mlittle]
Did the line just die for everyone, or just me?
16:07:52 [toufic]
i'm here
16:07:53 [Fabian]
just nobody speaking :-)
16:07:58 [toufic]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0037.html
16:08:11 [mlittle]
I'll dial back in ;-)
16:08:23 [PaulC]
Jun 6 minutes approved.
16:08:25 [toufic]
June 6 minutes approved unanimously
16:08:47 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:08:58 [danroth]
danroth has joined #ws-policy
16:09:01 [Zakim]
+Mark_Little
16:09:20 [toufic]
paul: objective is to close CR issues
16:09:43 [toufic]
paul: june 27 WG will make decision on advancing framework and attachment to PR
16:10:19 [toufic]
paul: July 2 co-chairs scheduled to talk to directors
16:10:40 [toufic]
TOPIC: Editors team report
16:10:53 [toufic]
asir reporting for editors
16:10:53 [asir]
1. Editorial team plans to deliver the candidate PR drafts next week (June 19th) and to deliver the updated Primer and Guidelines drafts in time (July 10th) for the Dublin F2F:
16:10:54 [asir]
a) June 15th Complete all check-ins that are related to the Framework and Attachment drafts
16:10:54 [asir]
b) June 18th Candidate PR drafts are ready for delivery
16:10:54 [asir]
c) June 19th Deliver candidate PR drafts (Dave O will do the honors
16:10:54 [asir]
d) July 5th Complete all check-ins that are related to the Primer and Guidelines drafts
16:10:55 [asir]
e) July 9th Primer and Guidelines drafts are ready for delivery
16:10:57 [asir]
f) July 10th Deliver updated Primer and Guidelines drafts (just in time for the Dublin F2F
16:10:59 [asir]
2. We delivered the updated scenarios, release 3. This version includes all the scenario related editorial actions assigned at the Ottawa F2F.
16:12:37 [toufic]
TOPIC: Review action items
16:12:40 [PaulC]
Open action items:
16:12:41 [PaulC]
ACTION-300 Paul Cotton to make sure that the additional suggestions are not lost for the non-normative docs related to issue 4554
16:12:55 [PaulC]
ACTION-304 Chris Ferris to look at sections 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 and suggest additional text
16:13:13 [PaulC]
ACTION-306 Chris Ferris to review BP 23 and associated text, Section 5.7.
16:13:30 [PaulC]
ACTION-312 Toufic to propose a different wording for Good Practice G2 [Bug 4566]
16:14:22 [PaulC]
Paul will update the list of actions with the info in the V2 agenda.
16:14:24 [toufic]
paul to update the list of actions with the info in the agenda
16:14:26 [toufic]
oops! :)
16:14:52 [toufic]
TOPIC: WS-Policy Call for Implementations
16:15:44 [toufic]
paul: dashboard summary indicates we have passed our CR criteria
16:15:46 [toufic]
applaus
16:15:53 [toufic]
s/aus/ause/
16:16:31 [toufic]
ACTION: asir to clean up dashboard summary, esp the cells indicating zero of zero
16:16:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-314 - Clean up dashboard summary, esp the cells indicating zero of zero [on Asir Vedamuthu - due 2007-06-20].
16:16:54 [toufic]
paul: ones not to be touched are UDDI cells
16:17:07 [prasad]
Paul: Leave HP ones for UDDI 0/0 as they supplied the server (only)
16:17:07 [toufic]
TOPIC: Bugzilla list for CR interop
16:17:56 [PaulC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0025.html
16:18:07 [toufic]
paul: IBM has indicated that they can supply results for lax intersection
16:18:14 [toufic]
np prasad
16:18:21 [toufic]
any additional input helps
16:19:19 [toufic]
ACTION: maryann to follow up on lax intersection testing comments
16:19:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-315 - Follow up on lax intersection testing comments [on Maryann Hondo - due 2007-06-20].
16:19:53 [toufic]
paul: want to make sure WG agrees additional tests do not interfere
16:20:13 [toufic]
paul: need two companies to indicate that they have successfully used them
16:20:23 [toufic]
paul: any objections to least resistance path?
16:20:44 [toufic]
should i take AI paul?
16:20:53 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
16:20:53 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
16:21:09 [toufic]
zakim, mute me
16:21:09 [Zakim]
toufic should now be muted
16:21:25 [asir]
zakim, [mi is dan
16:21:25 [Zakim]
+dan; got it
16:22:10 [toufic]
TOPIC: Liaison issues
16:22:14 [Zakim]
-Mark_Little
16:22:26 [toufic]
paul and chris continue to work with Bob on wsa issues
16:23:05 [toufic]
TOPIC: CR issues list
16:23:07 [PaulC]
http://tinyurl.com/yp9wp6
16:23:45 [toufic]
TOPIC: Item 4598
16:23:50 [PaulC]
ACTION-311 Chris to follow with David Hull re issue 4598 is moot.
16:23:57 [toufic]
thanks paul :)
16:24:01 [toufic]
that's perfectly fine
16:24:10 [PaulC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0030.html
16:24:27 [Zakim]
+Dave_Orchard
16:25:00 [PaulC]
David O is present.
16:26:40 [toufic]
unanimous consent to resolve issue 4598
16:27:02 [toufic]
sorry, trying to
16:27:25 [prasad]
rrsagent, where am I?
16:27:25 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T16-27-25
16:27:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.402.aaaa
16:28:08 [toufic]
toufic has joined #ws-policy
16:28:15 [PaulC]
RESOLUTION: The WG adopted the two part change in 2007Jun/0030.html to resolve issue 4598.
16:28:22 [toufic]
sorry, back
16:28:25 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
16:28:25 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
16:28:40 [toufic]
zakim, mute me
16:28:40 [Zakim]
toufic should now be muted
16:28:51 [PaulC]
[Bug 4561] clarification of domain-specific processing, Chris
16:29:06 [PaulC]
ACTION 308: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0024.html
16:29:16 [toufic]
oops
16:29:26 [SymonC]
SymonC has joined #ws-policy
16:29:42 [toufic]
rrsagent, please drop action 3
16:30:30 [toufic]
asir: two changes - section 4.5 to framework
16:31:09 [maryann_]
q+
16:31:10 [Zakim]
-m2
16:31:16 [monica]
i think there was a comment to the list
16:31:36 [maryann_]
Mechanisms for determining assertion parameter compatibility are not part of this domain-independent policy intersection algorithm.
16:31:46 [TRutt__]
q+
16:32:24 [toufic]
maryann: changing "the" to "this"
16:32:34 [toufic]
asir: sounds ok
16:32:44 [PaulC]
ack ma
16:32:56 [PaulC]
ack tr
16:32:58 [toufic]
tom: no default algorithms?
16:33:00 [toufic]
asir: no
16:33:13 [monica]
have a comment but having trouble reconnecting to call
16:33:51 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
16:33:52 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
16:34:31 [toufic]
zakim, mute me
16:34:31 [Zakim]
toufic should now be muted
16:34:42 [toufic]
monica, if you have a comment, could you please type it in?
16:34:54 [Fabian]
zakim, unmute me
16:34:54 [Zakim]
Fabian should no longer be muted
16:34:54 [monica]
need an example
16:35:05 [Zakim]
+m2
16:36:13 [Fabian]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:36:23 [Zakim]
Fabian, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Fabian (39%), asir (98%), Maryann_Hondo (38%)
16:36:35 [monica]
yes
16:36:38 [Fabian]
zakim, mute me
16:36:38 [Zakim]
Fabian should now be muted
16:37:07 [toufic]
RESOLUTION: issue 4561 resolved by adoption of changes proposed in 2007Jun/0024 with minor editorial change by maryann
16:37:23 [toufic]
rrsagent, where am i?
16:37:23 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T16-37-23
16:37:39 [toufic]
already done, paul
16:37:57 [dorchard]
dorchard has joined #ws-policy
16:38:35 [toufic]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0032.html
16:38:38 [toufic]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0034.html
16:39:21 [toufic]
ashok: between 0032 and 0034, changes are agreed to
16:40:10 [Zakim]
-Frederick_Hirsch
16:41:44 [toufic]
RESOLUTION: issue 4583 resolved by adopting combined proposals of 2007Jun/0032 and 2007Jun/0034
16:41:52 [toufic]
rrsagent, where am i?
16:41:52 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T16-41-52
16:41:53 [toufic]
:)
16:42:54 [toufic]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4374
16:44:14 [toufic]
paul: wondering if this needs to be open, since no editorial actions
16:44:31 [toufic]
paul: one option is to leave it open until june 27
16:44:43 [toufic]
paul: and deal with it possibly as a PR item
16:45:03 [Zakim]
-Fabian
16:45:10 [toufic]
paul: other way around is to close now, and make subsequent changes as PR editing, which is not unheard of
16:45:12 [dorchard]
q+
16:45:16 [Fabian]
zakim, ??P16 is Fabian
16:45:16 [Zakim]
+Fabian; got it
16:45:21 [dmoberg]
dmoberg has left #ws-policy
16:46:04 [toufic]
daveo: might be better to keep it open because may be an item we have to do something about
16:46:11 [toufic]
daveO: but can live with it being closed
16:46:16 [prasad]
We can create a Tickler Editors Action
16:46:33 [toufic]
paul: prefer to close it and keep issues list clean
16:46:42 [toufic]
paul: chair recommends we mark this fixed
16:47:01 [toufic]
RESOLUTION: issue 4374 closed
16:47:06 [toufic]
rrsagent, where am i
16:47:06 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'where am i', toufic. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:47:12 [monica]
Paul, what is action to keep a tab on this?
16:47:13 [toufic]
rrsagent, where am i?
16:47:13 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T16-47-13
16:49:13 [PaulC]
CR issues: http://tinyurl.com/22xybz
16:49:23 [asir]
<toufic> RESOLUTION: issue 4583 resolved by adopting combined proposals of 2007Jun/0032 and 2007Jun/0034
16:49:23 [asir]
<toufic> rrsagent, where am i?
16:49:23 [asir]
<RRSAgent> See http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T16-41-52
16:49:28 [PaulC]
reports: Zarro Boogs found.
16:49:39 [toufic]
:)
16:49:45 [toufic]
paul: congrats to WG
16:50:20 [toufic]
paul: ball in editors court
16:50:41 [toufic]
paul: expect to see on agenda next week a candidate PR draft for review
16:50:59 [toufic]
paul: that will give a week to prepare for vote on June 27
16:52:16 [toufic]
paul: want to check what people think status of primer is
16:52:59 [maryann_]
+1 to monica
16:53:03 [toufic]
paul: WG invited to review primer
16:53:12 [maryann_]
there might be allignment issues between primer and guidelines
16:53:23 [toufic]
monica: there might be issues we're discussing that might cause changes to primer
16:54:31 [toufic]
ok won't take that in the minutes then
16:55:27 [maryann_]
q+
16:55:56 [toufic]
paul: July 10 is release date for editors
16:56:05 [PaulC]
[Bug 3988]: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
16:56:07 [toufic]
paul: wait for dublin F2F
16:56:14 [toufic]
:)
16:56:29 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
16:56:29 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
16:56:33 [PaulC]
[Bug 4566]: Guideline G2 to be reconsidered, Toufic
16:56:42 [PaulC]
ACTION-312 Toufic to propose a different wording for Good Practice G2 [Bug 4566]
16:56:46 [PaulC]
to be done later this week.
16:56:53 [toufic]
zakim, umute me
16:56:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'umute me', toufic
16:56:56 [toufic]
zakim, mute me
16:56:56 [Zakim]
toufic should now be muted
16:57:31 [PaulC]
[Bug 3978]: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
16:57:55 [PaulC]
AI-313 Maryann to review latest Primer and Guidelines with regards to her four points related to [Bug 3978]
16:58:05 [toufic]
maryann: i can walk through the proposal in the document
16:58:08 [prasad]
q+
16:58:10 [PaulC]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html
16:58:25 [dorchard]
q-
16:58:26 [PaulC]
ack do
16:58:39 [monica]
q+
16:58:59 [toufic]
paul: asks maryann to step us through
16:59:46 [toufic]
maruann steps through 2007Jun/0033
16:59:53 [toufic]
s/maru/mary/
17:01:58 [Zakim]
- +1.415.402.aaaa
17:03:05 [dorchard]
q+
17:05:06 [toufic]
still here
17:05:14 [toufic]
sorry
17:07:44 [PaulC]
ack maryann
17:12:13 [PaulC]
ack prasad
17:14:13 [toufic]
prasad, sorry i couldn't catch everything you said, could you please type your comments in irc?
17:14:23 [PaulC]
ack monica
17:14:53 [asir]
q+
17:14:58 [toufic]
monica: made some changes related to nested policy expressions in 5.4.2
17:15:36 [PaulC]
ack do
17:15:48 [toufic]
daveO: supports the changes
17:16:55 [PaulC]
ack asir
17:16:55 [toufic]
daveO: should be more general - e.g. instead of "using XML", should say "human readable and machine processable"
17:17:29 [toufic]
asir: after snapshot, editorial team made about a dozen changes
17:17:35 [toufic]
asir: sees collisions
17:17:54 [toufic]
asir: notice that sub-categories are being created for best practices
17:18:01 [toufic]
asir: made for xslt
17:18:16 [toufic]
asir: e.g. in document sent over by maryann
17:19:12 [toufic]
maryann: best practices are just listed as random, not categorized
17:19:59 [toufic]
maryann: questioning whether that was the right decision
17:20:05 [prasad]
(1) The Guidelines Doc that was base for Maryann's change was Version dated May 24. The current one is dated 06/01 and has more than 10 AIs from F2F incorporated. We need to map the changes proposed by Maryann to the latest doc. (2) The Bumper Sticker Numbering in the Summary list of best practices needs to come from Felix's automation. (3) AI 303 was specifically for BP 8 but ratifying all BP bumperstcikers is good. Again it does not match the latest Gu
17:20:11 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
17:20:11 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
17:20:20 [toufic]
zakim, mute me
17:20:20 [Zakim]
toufic should now be muted
17:22:35 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
17:22:35 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
17:23:48 [toufic]
zakim, mute me
17:23:48 [Zakim]
toufic should now be muted
17:23:54 [toufic]
scribe: prasad
17:25:06 [monica]
please put comments to the list
17:25:09 [prasad]
Monica: I can go back and map the proposed changes to latest doc
17:25:24 [prasad]
s/Monica/Maryann/
17:25:28 [monica]
thanks
17:26:17 [prasad]
Paul: If people can send their questions to Maryann then she can address them specifically
17:26:30 [monica]
can we put these to the list please
17:27:50 [prasad]
Paul: How do you want handle Guidelines in terms of schedule?
17:28:19 [prasad]
Maryann: We can handle Primer and Guidelines separately for July Timeframe
17:29:04 [prasad]
Paul: Like to handle this at Dublin F2F
17:29:48 [PaulC]
Maryann's strawman is attached to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html
17:30:19 [prasad]
ACTION: on Asir [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann on proposal in June msg 33
17:30:19 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - on
17:30:26 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
17:30:40 [prasad]
ACTION: Asir [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann on proposal in June msg 33
17:30:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-316 - [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann on proposal in June msg 33 [on Asir Vedamuthu - due 2007-06-20].
17:31:40 [prasad]
ACTION: Maryann open new guidelines issues (for) based on on content in June Msg 33
17:31:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-317 - Open new guidelines issues (for) based on on content in June Msg 33 [on Maryann Hondo - due 2007-06-20].
17:31:53 [toufic]
back
17:32:44 [toufic]
prasad, are you taking that AI?
17:32:54 [toufic]
ok
17:33:09 [prasad]
ACTION: Prasad (editors) work with Maryann to figure which of the issues resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F
17:33:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-318 - (editors) work with Maryann to figure which of the issues resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F [on Prasad Yendluri - due 2007-06-20].
17:33:53 [prasad]
scribe: toufic
17:35:00 [PaulC]
Issue 4375: [Guidelines] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata elements in examples
17:35:09 [PaulC]
Open for future consideration.
17:35:12 [toufic]
thanks
17:35:50 [Zakim]
-Yakov_Sverdlov
17:36:11 [toufic]
paul: we're at the point where we need to see guidelines document
17:36:23 [toufic]
paul: most work on framework and attachment is done
17:36:36 [toufic]
zakim, who is there?
17:36:36 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, toufic.
17:36:38 [Zakim]
-Dave_Orchard
17:36:56 [toufic]
daveO and some others have left
17:37:11 [PaulC]
In addition Frederick was present.
17:37:16 [prasad]
rrsagent, please drop action 4
17:37:17 [Zakim]
-Abbie_Barbir
17:37:18 [toufic]
paul: adjourned
17:37:29 [Zakim]
-m2
17:37:30 [Zakim]
-asir
17:37:30 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
17:37:32 [prasad]
rrsagent, please drop action 4
17:37:33 [Zakim]
-Maryann_Hondo
17:37:35 [Zakim]
-dan
17:37:36 [toufic]
zakim, unmute me
17:37:36 [Zakim]
toufic should no longer be muted
17:37:42 [TRutt__]
TRutt__ has left #ws-policy
17:37:43 [Zakim]
-Prasad_Yendluri
17:37:52 [Zakim]
-toufic
17:38:14 [toufic]
rrsagent, draft minutes
17:38:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-minutes.html toufic
17:38:36 [toufic]
zakim, bye
17:38:36 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Yakov_Sverdlov, Maryann_Hondo, Sergey_Beryozkin, m2, Mark_Little, Abbie_Barbir, Fabian, [Microsoft], toufic, paul, Prasad_Yendluri,
17:38:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-policy
17:38:39 [Zakim]
... Frederick_Hirsch, Tom_Rutt, Ashok_Malhotra, dan, Dave_Orchard, +1.415.402.aaaa
17:38:43 [toufic]
rrsagent, bye
17:40:34 [toufic]
prasad, should i publish the minutes?
17:40:56 [toufic]
rrsagent, bye
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-actions.rdf :
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: asir to clean up dashboard summary, esp the cells indicating zero of zero [1]
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T16-16-31
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: maryann to follow up on lax intersection testing comments [2]
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T16-19-19
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Asir [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann on proposal in June msg 33 [5]
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T17-30-40
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Maryann open new guidelines issues (for) based on on content in June Msg 33 [6]
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T17-31-40
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Prasad (editors) work with Maryann to figure which of the issues resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F [7]
17:40:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-irc#T17-33-09