IRC log of wai-wcag on 2007-06-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:49:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:49:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-wai-wcag-irc
19:49:57 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:50:00 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
19:50:24 [MichaelC]
chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:50:50 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2007AprJun/0164.html
19:51:00 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:51:09 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Getting comments on May 17 Working Draft cleared
19:51:17 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for June 7, 2007
19:51:25 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Alternate Versions Editorial Note
19:53:50 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:12 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:57:19 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
19:58:00 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:37 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
19:58:38 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
19:58:40 [Zakim]
+Cooper
19:58:42 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:13 [Zakim]
+??P5
19:59:21 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
19:59:23 [Ben]
zakim, ??P5 is Ben_Caldwell
19:59:23 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:00:18 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:19 [Zakim]
+Andrew_LaHart
20:00:22 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:00:27 [Zakim]
+Alex_Li
20:00:36 [bengt]
zakim, [IPcaller is Bengt_Farre
20:00:36 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:00:41 [Sofia]
zakim, +??P8 is Sofia_Celic
20:00:41 [Zakim]
sorry, Sofia, I do not recognize a party named '+??P8'
20:01:16 [Sofia]
zakim, ??P8 is Sofia_Celic
20:01:16 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic; got it
20:01:39 [Zakim]
+??P11
20:01:48 [rellero_]
zakim, ??P11 is Roberto_Ellero
20:01:48 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:02:23 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:02:35 [shawn-LON]
shawn-LON has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:07 [Gregg]
Gregg has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:09 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:12 [shawn-LON]
shawn-LON has left #wai-wcag
20:03:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, Ben has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:03:19 [Zakim]
'Ben' is ambiguous, MichaelC
20:03:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, Ben_Caldwell has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:03:25 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:03:47 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:15 [Zakim]
+ +7.971.aaaa
20:04:21 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:04:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, +7 is Sean_Hayes
20:04:25 [Zakim]
+Sean_Hayes; got it
20:04:36 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:04:36 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:05:04 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:30 [MichaelC]
scribe: Gregg
20:06:06 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 1
20:06:06 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:12:51 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:14:33 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:14:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos-Shea, Cooper, Ben_Caldwell, Bruce_Bailey, Bengt_Farre, Andrew_LaHart, Sofia_Celic, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe,
20:14:36 [Zakim]
... Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly
20:14:37 [Zakim]
Ben_Caldwell has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:15:41 [MichaelC]
http://wcagsamurai.org/
20:16:34 [MichaelC]
http://reviewsamurai.wordpress.com/
20:16:38 [MichaelC]
http://samuraireview.wordpress.com/
20:21:52 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:22:15 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:22:31 [Gregg]
zakim, next item
20:22:31 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Getting comments on May 17 Working Draft cleared" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:23:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.416.391.aabb
20:23:59 [Gregg]
Q+
20:24:11 [Loretta]
ack g
20:24:30 [Loretta]
q+ cynthia
20:25:44 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:19 [Loretta]
ack sy
20:26:22 [Loretta]
ack c
20:26:27 [Loretta]
ack c
20:26:46 [Loretta]
q+
20:27:17 [Loretta]
ack a
20:27:21 [Gregg]
q+
20:28:52 [Loretta]
ack l
20:29:25 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:30:03 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:30:47 [Loretta]
q+
20:30:50 [Loretta]
ack g
20:32:34 [Loretta]
ack l
20:33:44 [Loretta]
ack k
20:34:20 [Loretta]
q+
20:35:28 [Loretta]
ack l
20:38:03 [Gregg]
Agreed Procedure: Address comments as they come in seeking clarification and discussing as necessary. Try to keep up with comments as they come. Intense work first weeks of July to handle comments that come in at the end and to avoid other meetings later in July.
20:39:48 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
20:39:48 [Zakim]
sorry, David_MacDonald, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
20:45:37 [Gregg]
Current plan is to use new Bugzilla to track comments with improved front end to facilitate tracking as with last time but with feature depth of Bugzilla for expert processing.
20:47:32 [Gregg]
Using Wiki for short term to make assignments to people or teams.
20:48:39 [Gregg]
ACTION: Loretta to assign comments to people or teams as she thinks most effective
21:07:01 [Ben]
Undrafted Sufficient Techniques - http://tinyurl.com/2y9mrl
21:07:27 [Ben]
Undrafted Advisory Techniques - http://tinyurl.com/ytsfh8
21:09:45 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:10:50 [Makoto]
Makoto has joined #wai-wcag
21:11:12 [Gregg]
MEETINGS: Scheduled conf calls July 2,3 and 4
21:11:12 [Gregg]
at 1 PM EASTERN time to 5 PM EASTERN time
21:12:32 [Zakim]
+??P0
21:12:51 [Makoto]
zakim, ??P0 is Makoto_Ueki
21:12:51 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:13:00 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
21:13:17 [Gregg]
REGULAR CALL: Long WCAG Call July 5th from 4 PM Eastern to 7 PM EASTERN (and we try to get done early)
21:13:59 [Zakim]
+??P1
21:14:11 [bengt]
zakim, ??P1 is Bengt_Farre
21:14:11 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:14:31 [Gregg]
MEETING FRIDAY July 6th from 2PM EASTERN to 6PM EASTERN
21:15:04 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:16:06 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:17:22 [Gregg]
MEETINGS WEEK OF JULY 9th (SAME schedule as week before) M, T & W 1 PM to 5 PM EASTERN, Long meeting thursday and Friday Meeting 2 PM to 6PM EASTERN
21:19:06 [Gregg]
ACTION: EVERYONE to send Loretta the times of any of the above working sessions that you cannot attend.
21:20:58 [Gregg]
Zakim, next item
21:20:59 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Miscellaneous Proposals for June 7, 2007" taken up [from MichaelC]
21:24:19 [Gregg]
q+
21:26:08 [Gregg]
RESOLUTION: Change 1.1.1 CAPTCHA to "If the purpose of non-text content is to confirm that content is being accessed by a person rather than a computer, then text alternatives that identify and describe the purpose of the non-text content are provided, and alternative forms of CAPTCHA using output modes for different types of sensory perception are provided to accommodate different disabilities."
21:26:59 [Gregg]
TOPIC: Comment from Liddy Nevile
21:27:32 [Loretta]
q+
21:27:39 [Loretta]
ack g
21:27:44 [Loretta]
ack l
21:28:42 [Loretta]
q+
21:28:46 [Loretta]
ack k
21:28:48 [Gregg]
q+
21:29:15 [Loretta]
ack l
21:31:14 [Loretta]
ack g
21:32:15 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:33:34 [Loretta]
ack a
21:34:20 [Loretta]
ack c
21:34:27 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
21:34:35 [Loretta]
ack k
21:35:40 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:35:48 [Makoto]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Makoto_Ueki
21:35:48 [Zakim]
+Makoto_Ueki; got it
21:35:57 [Gregg]
q+
21:36:36 [Loretta]
ack g
21:37:07 [Loretta]
q+
21:37:41 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
21:37:46 [Ben]
q+
21:38:10 [Loretta]
ack l
21:38:27 [Loretta]
ack b
21:38:47 [Loretta]
q+
21:39:55 [Gregg]
q
21:40:00 [Gregg]
=q+
21:40:07 [Gregg]
q+
21:41:01 [Loretta]
ack l
21:41:08 [Zakim]
-Andrew_LaHart
21:41:20 [Loretta]
ack a
21:41:30 [Christophe]
q+ to say that when it becomes mature, the metadata may be used to point to alternate versions
21:42:38 [Loretta]
ack k
21:42:45 [Loretta]
ack g
21:44:04 [Loretta]
ack c
21:44:04 [Zakim]
Christophe, you wanted to say that when it becomes mature, the metadata may be used to point to alternate versions
21:47:17 [Gregg]
ACTION: Katie to develop proposal for adding language to WCAG related to encouraging use of metadata (but not requiring)
21:47:47 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:47:51 [Gregg]
RESOLUTION: Keep item open for now
21:48:17 [Gregg]
TOPIC: Comment from Tim Anderson
21:49:26 [Gregg]
RESOLUTION: Adopted with new first sentence: "We agree that providing alternate versions at a lower reading level is cannot reasonably be done on all web pages. That's why this provision is at Level AAA."
21:50:23 [Gregg]
TOPIC: Comments from Jason White - mechanisms
21:53:06 [Gregg]
RESOLUTION: Accept with GV and ASW edits
21:53:24 [Gregg]
TOPIC: Comments from Jessica Enders
21:57:23 [Gregg]
RESOLUTION: Adopt the commenters suggested edit.
21:57:50 [Gregg]
TOPIC: Comment from Jason White - audio-only and video-only content
21:59:40 [Ben]
q+ to suggest that we add advisory techniques to 1.1.1 around this
21:59:57 [Gregg]
q+
22:00:04 [Loretta]
ack b
22:00:04 [Zakim]
Ben, you wanted to suggest that we add advisory techniques to 1.1.1 around this
22:00:41 [Loretta]
q+
22:00:44 [Loretta]
ack g
22:01:18 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
22:01:59 [Gregg]
q+
22:02:05 [Loretta]
ack l
22:02:06 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:02:42 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
22:03:00 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
22:07:42 [Sean]
Sean has joined #wai-wcag
22:07:52 [Gregg]
RESOLUTION: Not provide text alternative for live video-only since not clear how that would be done. Discussion continuing on issue of text alternative for live audio-only content.
22:08:35 [Gregg]
ACTION: Lorretta to capture comments in issue tracking - and assign further work on this.
22:08:54 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
22:09:00 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:10:14 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:10:16 [Zakim]
-Sean_Hayes
22:10:17 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:10:18 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:10:20 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:10:21 [Zakim]
-Makoto_Ueki
22:10:22 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:10:24 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
22:10:26 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:10:28 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:10:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were Katie_Haritos-Shea, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Andrew_LaHart, Alex_Li, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
22:10:31 [Zakim]
... Gregg_Vanderheiden, +7.971.aaaa, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly, +1.416.391.aabb, Tim_Boland, David_MacDonald, Makoto_Ueki
22:10:52 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
22:11:47 [MichaelC]
present: Katie_Haritos-Shea, Michael_Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Andrew_LaHart, Alex_Li, Bengt_Farre, Sofia_Celic, Roberto_Ellero, Christophe_Strobbe, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Sean_Hayes, Cynthia_Shelly, Tim_Boland, David_MacDonald, Makoto_Ueki
22:11:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
22:11:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:11:55 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to assign comments to people or teams as she thinks most effective [1]
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-wai-wcag-irc#T20-48-39
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: EVERYONE to send Loretta the times of any of the above working sessions that you cannot attend. [2]
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-wai-wcag-irc#T21-19-06
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Katie to develop proposal for adding language to WCAG related to encouraging use of metadata (but not requiring) [3]
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-wai-wcag-irc#T21-47-17
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Lorretta to capture comments in issue tracking - and assign further work on this. [4]
22:11:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/07-wai-wcag-irc#T22-08-35