IRC log of grddl-wg on 2007-06-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:01:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #grddl-wg
15:01:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-grddl-wg-irc
15:01:14 [DanC]
DanC has changed the topic to: GRDDL WG 6 Jun http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:01:58 [DanC]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:02:11 [Zakim]
working on it, DanC
15:02:13 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-06-06T11:00-0400
15:02:15 [Zakim]
agendum 9 added
15:02:17 [Zakim]
agenda+ #issue-base-param
15:02:19 [Zakim]
agendum 10 added
15:02:21 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL in XML-pipeline
15:02:23 [Zakim]
agendum 11 added
15:02:25 [Zakim]
agenda+ pending GRDDL spec edits
15:02:27 [Zakim]
agendum 12 added
15:02:27 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be grddl
15:02:29 [Zakim]
agenda+ Implementation Report, toward PR request
15:02:31 [Zakim]
agendum 13 added
15:02:33 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer
15:02:37 [Zakim]
agendum 14 added
15:02:39 [Zakim]
agenda+ Advocating/Logo
15:02:41 [Zakim]
agendum 15 added
15:02:43 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, DanC
15:02:45 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has now started
15:02:47 [Zakim]
+FabienG
15:02:51 [Zakim]
ok, DanC, I see SW_GRDDL()11:00AM already started
15:02:55 [Zakim]
+Ian_Davis
15:02:55 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
15:02:59 [Zakim]
-FabienG
15:03:03 [Zakim]
+FabienG
15:03:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-05-30T11:00-0400" taken up [from jjc]
15:03:19 [jjc]
jjc has joined #grddl-wg
15:03:23 [Zakim]
+??P38
15:03:26 [DanC]
Zakim, clear agenda
15:03:29 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
15:03:30 [DanC]
Zakim, read agenda from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/weekly-agenda
15:03:33 [Zakim]
working on it, DanC
15:03:35 [Zakim]
agenda+ Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-06-06T11:00-0400
15:03:37 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
15:03:41 [Zakim]
agenda+ #issue-base-param
15:03:43 [jjc]
Zakim, ??P38 is me
15:03:45 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
15:03:47 [Zakim]
agenda+ GRDDL in XML-pipeline
15:03:51 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
15:03:53 [Zakim]
agenda+ pending GRDDL spec edits
15:03:56 [jjc]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:03:59 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
15:04:01 [Zakim]
agenda+ Implementation Report, toward PR request
15:04:05 [Zakim]
agendum 5 added
15:04:09 [Zakim]
agenda+ Primer
15:04:13 [Zakim]
agendum 6 added
15:04:15 [Zakim]
agenda+ Advocating/Logo
15:04:17 [Zakim]
agendum 7 added
15:04:19 [Zakim]
done reading agenda, DanC
15:04:23 [Zakim]
+DanC
15:04:25 [Zakim]
+jjc; got it
15:04:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see FabienG, Ian_Davis, jjc, DanC
15:04:27 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
15:04:31 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene GRDDL WG meeting of 2007-06-06T11:00-0400" taken up
15:05:04 [Zakim]
+Chimezie_Ogbuji
15:05:40 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007May/att-0104/2007-05-30-grddl-wg-minutes.html minutes 30 May
15:05:45 [iand]
iand has joined #grddl-wg
15:06:10 [DanC]
RESOLVED: to approve minutes 30 May
15:06:11 [jjc]
minutes proposed and approved
15:06:27 [DanC]
regrets: Harry, Simone, Danny
15:06:36 [jjc]
regrets Harry, Simone, Danny John
15:06:45 [DanC]
regrets: Harry, Simone, Danny, John
15:07:07 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to meet again Wed, 13 June 11:00-0400. scribe volunteer?
15:07:23 [jjc]
scribe for next week: Chime
15:07:34 [jjc]
scibe: jjc
15:07:42 [DanC]
* ACTION: chimezie update test spec to indicate approval for #embedded-rdf4 [DONE]
15:07:42 [DanC]
* ACTION: chime to update test editors draft with #error1 [DONE]
15:07:47 [DanC]
ACTION: chimezie update test spec to indicate approval for #embedded-rdf4
15:07:50 [DanC]
ACTION: chime to update test editors draft with #error1
15:07:59 [DanC]
agenda + #issue-faithful-infoset
15:08:23 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:08:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "#issue-base-param" taken up
15:08:25 [FabienG]
q+ to propose to invite David Booth to our telecon as external expert.
15:08:42 [DanC]
ACTION: jjc to e-mail Dave Beckett with not a bug in the spec, but maybe in some stylesheets [DONE]
15:08:53 [DanC]
ack FabienG
15:08:53 [Zakim]
FabienG, you wanted to propose to invite David Booth to our telecon as external expert.
15:11:09 [jjc]
discussion of Fabien's suggestion
15:11:47 [jjc]
Fabien reports that Murray spoke with David, but it seems to have been unproductive
15:12:31 [DanC]
inconclusive, rather
15:12:39 [jjc]
the chair is inclined not to invite David this week, open for next week
15:13:15 [DanC]
ACTION: DanC to remove base param from online GRDDL service and home2rss.xsl [CONTINUES]
15:13:17 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:13:38 [DanC]
Zakim, ??P0 is rreck
15:13:38 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
15:13:39 [jjc]
Zakim, ??P0 is Ron
15:13:40 [Zakim]
I already had ??P0 as rreck, jjc
15:14:10 [DanC]
ACTION: Chime to respond to David on issue-dbooth-9a: GRDDL should be usable in a messaging pipeline [WITHDRAWN]
15:14:39 [DanC]
. ACTION: jjc to write text about base-uri, which may become normative.
15:15:24 [Zakim]
-rreck
15:16:42 [DanC]
ACTION: jjc to write text about base-uri, which may become normative. [CONTINUES]
15:17:27 [jjc]
ACTION: jjc to respond to DBooth with text in agenda and with reference to base-uri document
15:17:48 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item infoset
15:17:48 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "#issue-faithful-infoset" taken up [from DanC]
15:17:54 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:18:31 [jjc]
Zakim, ??P0 is rreck
15:18:31 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
15:19:22 [jjc]
Chime: asks what does a postponed issue mean?
15:19:46 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:19:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see FabienG, Ian_Davis, jjc, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, rreck
15:20:18 [jjc]
DanC: it means we haven't solved it, but we can meet our requirements without solving it
15:20:48 [jjc]
Dan asks for advice to the chair about reopening the issue faithful infoset?
15:21:53 [jjc]
reopen/reopen+postpone/reopen+postpone/reopen+postpone/concur+postpone/postpone
15:21:54 [Zakim]
-rreck
15:22:08 [jjc]
DanC reopens the issue #faithful-infoset
15:22:44 [jjc]
David has just e-mailed list
15:23:06 [jjc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/0037
15:23:18 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#issue-faithful-infoset
15:23:36 [chimezie]
I'd like to go on record as saying that I *don't* think it is an issue, but the risk on our schedule is substantial if we don't raise/postpone
15:23:58 [jjc]
chime that can be expressed as a concur in the formal vote
15:25:12 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Dec/0004.html Re: First draft of agenda for f2f (xmlFunctions-34 , RDFinXHTML-35, GRDDL, and XInclude)
15:26:27 [rreck]
rreck has joined #grddl-wg
15:27:16 [DanC]
PROPOSED: whereas TAG issue xmlFunctions-34 is still open and the XProc WG is still working on its "default processing" task, noting @@relevant tests and MM's health-warning, to postpone issue #faithful-infoset
15:29:09 [DanC]
PROPOSED: whereas TAG issue xmlFunctions-34 is still open and the XProc WG is still working on its "default processing" task, noting @@relevant tests and the health-warning about default attributes, XInclude etc. in section 6 GRDDL Transformations, to postpone issue #faithful-infoset
15:29:24 [chimezie]
ACTION: chime, to advise XProc WG on how (specifically) XInclude can be properly deferred to XProc by passing on the XML document (not the infoset or XPath DM) to the transformation
15:29:53 [jjc]
tests: #xinclude and #noxinclude
15:30:14 [DanC]
PROPOSED: whereas TAG issue xmlFunctions-34 is still open and the XProc WG is still working on its "default processing" task, noting tests #xinclude and #noxinclude and the health-warning about default attributes, XInclude etc. in section 6 GRDDL Transformations, to postpone issue #faithful-infoset
15:30:36 [jjc]
jeremy seconds
15:31:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.861.aaaa
15:31:26 [jjc]
discussion about xmlFunctions-34
15:31:40 [iand]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#xmlFunctions-34
15:31:57 [chimezie]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/12/11-minutes#item07
15:32:05 [DanC]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#xmlFunctions-34
15:34:40 [jjc]
Dan anyone want to discuss xmlFunctions-34?
15:34:51 [Zakim]
+Murray_Maloney
15:38:01 [DanC]
RESOLVED: whereas TAG issue xmlFunctions-34 is still open and the XProc WG is still working on its "default processing" task, noting tests #xinclude and #noxinclude and the health-warning about default attributes, XInclude etc. in section 6 GRDDL Transformations, to postpone issue #faithful-infoset
15:38:03 [jjc]
Chime: concurs
15:38:10 [jjc]
Fabien: concurs
15:38:27 [chimezie]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:38:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see FabienG, Ian_Davis, jjc, DanC, Chimezie_Ogbuji, +1.703.861.aaaa, Murray_Maloney
15:39:36 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007AprJun/0078.html issue-dbooth-3: Ambiguity in an XML document's intended GRDDL results
15:40:24 [rreck]
rreck has joined #grddl-wg
15:41:16 [jjc]
we could decide to respond without further discussion, or to try and frame our response in terms of his words
15:41:54 [jjc]
Murray indicates that there were framing difficulties
15:45:51 [chimezie]
During the conversation with D.Booth, he seemed amenable to a solution (which would not be GRDDL) where the transformation is passed the representation (Pre-infoset/XPath DM) to the transformation instead of the XPath DM
15:47:13 [chimezie]
this is the only way the XProc solution would even be relevant
15:48:10 [DanC]
it's noted that the comment is outstanding
15:48:15 [DanC]
Zakim, close this agendum
15:48:15 [Zakim]
agendum 8 closed
15:48:16 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:48:17 [Zakim]
2. #issue-base-param
15:48:21 [DanC]
Zakim, close item 2
15:48:21 [Zakim]
agendum 2, #issue-base-param, closed
15:48:22 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:48:23 [Zakim]
3. GRDDL in XML-pipeline
15:48:27 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:48:27 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "GRDDL in XML-pipeline" taken up
15:48:45 [Zakim]
-Murray_Maloney
15:50:45 [jjc]
To use a GRDDL aware agent in a processing pipeline, as well as the XPath node N, it is also necessary to specify a corresponding IRI I. This is used as the base IRI when the other mechanisms do not apply. This corresponds to section 5.1.4 of RFC 3986. It is even possible for the default IRI used to bear no relationship with the XPath node N, but in such a case, we read:
15:50:45 [jjc]
As this definition is necessarily application-dependent, failing to define a base URI by using one of the other methods may result in the same content being interpreted differently by different types of applications.
15:50:45 [jjc]
A sender of a representation containing relative references is responsible for ensuring that a base URI for those references can be established.
15:50:57 [jjc]
[that's text from the current version of the base doc]
15:51:06 [DanC]
]]
15:52:45 [chimezie]
that addresses the pipeline scenario, as far as I'm concerned
15:53:22 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:53:22 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "pending GRDDL spec edits" taken up
15:56:48 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007May/0054 review of namespace doc
15:57:19 [jjc]
consideration of I as per booth's comment - it looks like a correct comment
15:57:31 [jjc]
the base-URI of the node N is used, but I itself is not
15:58:02 [DanC]
"The namespace document includes RDF data about the terms in the GRDDL Vocabulary, but these RDF data do not include any triples whose predicate is grddl:profileTransformation."
15:58:24 [rreck]
rreck has joined #grddl-wg
16:02:41 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: incorporate 0054 comments into namespace doc. (consider notifying Dave Beckett)
16:02:51 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
16:02:51 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Implementation Report, toward PR request" taken up
16:03:38 [DanC]
jclark4 1.14 Tue May 29 13:48:32 2007 UTC
16:06:17 [Zakim]
- +1.703.861.aaaa
16:06:22 [rreck]
i have to go tech problems
16:10:00 [jjc]
discussion of table:
16:10:25 [jjc]
jeremy suggests grouping the related tests together so that the n/a's are clearly explicable
16:10:41 [DanC]
ACTION: HH to ask Dom to check his XSLT against current GRDDL tests [CONTINUES]
16:10:45 [DanC]
HH made some progress
16:12:32 [chimezie]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests
16:12:42 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/grddl-tests#xinclude
16:12:46 [chimezie]
labels: xml,merge
16:17:08 [DanC]
ACTION DanC: review test coverage results via tabulator
16:17:27 [jjc]
ACTION: jjc review appendix A of test editors draft
16:17:31 [DanC]
ACTION: chimezie to start an index of tests by normative assertion (proxy for feature). [DONE]
16:17:42 [DanC]
ACTION: jjc to clarify to discussion participants on RDFa that it is not formal comments [DONE]
16:18:19 [DanC]
ACTION: HarryH to start an index of tests by issue [WITHDRAWN]
16:19:04 [DanC]
ACTION: john to produce new EARL output including #error1 [CONTINUES]
16:19:11 [DanC]
ACTION: jjc to produce new EARL output including #error1 [CONTINUES]
16:19:22 [DanC]
ACTION: john to update result page [CONTINUES]
16:19:46 [DanC]
ACTION: jeremy to email back to the XSL/XQuery working group re error handling [DONE]
16:23:14 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item primer
16:23:14 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Primer" taken up
16:24:31 [jjc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007AprJun/0014
16:25:35 [jjc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007AprJun/0075.html
16:25:54 [jjc]
both these messages promise new primer text.
16:29:07 [jjc]
discussion that Harry should be co-editor of primer (DanC, jjc)
16:29:27 [jjc]
ACTION: jjc to clarify who expects what in primer from comments list
16:29:30 [DanC]
ACTION: jjc to review primer [CONTINUES]
16:29:40 [Zakim]
-Chimezie_Ogbuji
16:29:59 [DanC]
ACTION: danja to review primer [CONTINUES]
16:30:31 [DanC]
ACTION: john-l to draft an Excel spreadsheet primer section [CONTINUES]
16:36:16 [DanC]
some sentiment for making a WG decicion to go to PR in 3 weeks
16:36:43 [Zakim]
-FabienG
16:36:45 [Zakim]
-DanC
16:36:46 [Zakim]
-jjc
16:36:48 [Zakim]
-Ian_Davis
16:36:53 [Zakim]
SW_GRDDL()11:00AM has ended
16:36:54 [FabienG]
FabienG has left #grddl-wg
16:36:57 [Zakim]
Attendees were FabienG, Ian_Davis, DanC, jjc, Chimezie_Ogbuji, rreck, +1.703.861.aaaa, Murray_Maloney
16:37:05 [jjc]
RRSAgent, help
16:38:11 [jjc]
rrsagent, create minutes
16:38:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/06-grddl-wg-minutes.html jjc
16:38:27 [jjc]
rrsagent, make logs world readable
16:38:27 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make logs world readable', jjc. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:38:47 [jjc]
rrsagent, make logs world-visible
16:42:24 [jjc2]
jjc2 has joined #grddl-wg
18:23:37 [jjc2]
jjc2 has left #grddl-wg