IRC log of tsdtf on 2007-06-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:08:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:08:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-tsdtf-irc
12:08:20 [Christophe]
zakim, list conferences
12:08:20 [Zakim]
I see ARCH_Team()8:00AM, Team_(t-and-s)12:01Z active and no others scheduled to start in the next 15 minutes
12:08:30 [Christophe]
zakim, this will be TSDTF
12:08:30 [Zakim]
ok, Christophe; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 22 minutes
12:09:15 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Review process document <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2006/tests/process>
12:09:36 [Christophe]
Agenda+ New tests from BenToWeb team ready for review: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007May/0012.html>
12:09:44 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Feedback to submitters of test samples
12:09:52 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Test Case Management System
12:10:21 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Web form interface for submitting test samples: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007May/0008.html>
12:10:46 [Christophe]
Meeting: TSD TF
12:11:00 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Jun/0000.html
12:11:27 [Christophe]
Chair: CarlosV, Christophe
12:27:09 [Vangelis]
Vangelis has joined #tsdtf
12:31:29 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:31:32 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:32:12 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:33:21 [Zakim]
+Vangelis_Karkaletsis
12:33:34 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:34:09 [Zakim]
+ +43.702.468.aaaa
12:34:28 [Zakim]
+Cooper
12:34:31 [Christophe]
zakim, +43 is Reinhard_Ruemer
12:34:31 [Zakim]
+Reinhard_Ruemer; got it
12:34:39 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:36:11 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
12:39:41 [Christophe]
Scribe: CarlosI
12:40:18 [Christophe]
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0023.html
12:41:23 [CarlosI]
CS: process flow chart proposed by SAZ accepted
12:42:24 [CarlosI]
ACTION: SAZ to update the review process document accordingly
12:42:44 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL#samplefiles
12:42:55 [shadi]
agenda?
12:43:13 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:43:13 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review process document <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2006/tests/process>" taken up [from Christophe]
12:43:15 [CarlosI]
CS: using TCDL document also updated
12:43:17 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:43:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, shadi
12:43:26 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:43:26 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "New tests from BenToWeb team ready for review: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007May/0012.html>" taken up [from Christophe]
12:44:41 [CarlosI]
CS: any comments on the section about test sample content files?
12:46:30 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: new section acepted
12:46:54 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:46:54 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "New tests from BenToWeb team ready for review: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007May/0012.html>" taken up [from Christophe]
12:47:04 [Christophe]
New test samples: http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/TestSampleStatusList
12:48:18 [CarlosI]
CS: a generic mail for Bentoweb people has been created
12:48:31 [CarlosI]
CS: new test samples uploaded
12:49:00 [CarlosI]
CS: new WCAG2 draft meanwhile
12:49:19 [CarlosI]
CS: need to think how to manage with WCAG2 updates
12:50:16 [CarlosI]
CS: we have 60 test samples now
12:50:36 [CarlosI]
CS: all related to the previous WD
12:52:50 [CarlosI]
CI: synchronization is something that need to be done sooner or later
12:53:20 [CarlosI]
CI: spend time reviewing test samples that may have been superseed doesn't make sense
12:53:42 [CarlosI]
SAZ: some of them may be obsolete know, these are the easy ones
12:55:32 [CarlosI]
ACTION: CS to check changes with the new WCAG2 WD
12:56:33 [CarlosI]
SAZ: is possible to have a list of success criteria are the most stable?
12:56:56 [CarlosI]
MC: we think all of them are pretty stable know
12:57:17 [CarlosI]
MC: don't expect many changes
12:59:03 [CarlosI]
CS: because of the new draft may be not useful to submit new test samples now
13:00:18 [CarlosI]
CS: need to remap the test samples, convert to TCDL2 and upload them
13:00:44 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
13:00:44 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Feedback to submitters of test samples" taken up [from Christophe]
13:01:11 [CarlosI]
CS: at the moment we have only test samples from BTW
13:02:04 [CarlosI]
CS: we may have to move to a Test case management system, it seem more practical
13:02:40 [CarlosI]
SAZ: internal discussion about the test case management system
13:03:13 [CarlosI]
SAZ: what's the purpose?
13:03:23 [CarlosI]
CS: help to organize feedback
13:03:57 [CarlosI]
SAZ: right now we have the "advantage" of having just internal submmiters
13:04:10 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we may be able to manage with email
13:04:25 [CarlosI]
SAZ: not sure how much time consuming could be
13:05:29 [CarlosI]
CS: we can postpone decision at the moment
13:06:12 [CarlosI]
ACTION: SAZ to continue discussion internally
13:06:29 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 5
13:06:29 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Web form interface for submitting test samples: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007May/0008.html>" taken up [from Christophe]
13:07:02 [shadi]
s/continue discussion/continue W3C-wide Test Case Management System discussion
13:07:11 [Vangelis]
http://www.syros.aegean.gr/users/evlach/eval/eval.html
13:07:35 [CarlosI]
CS: we can jump over agenda #4 then
13:08:06 [CarlosI]
EV: need to work more on this and come back with a conclusion
13:09:37 [CarlosI]
EV: do we have a decision about a simply submission form vs. an test samples "editor"
13:09:47 [CarlosI]
?
13:10:40 [CarlosI]
SAZ: there's quite a lot of metadata to submit and may be useful as much assistance as possible
13:11:21 [CarlosI]
SAZ: MC, do we need consistency with Techniques submission form?
13:12:08 [Christophe]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/TECHS-SUBMIT/
13:12:49 [CarlosI]
MC: looking for a good techniques submission form
13:13:26 [CarlosI]
SAZ: EV, would you like to continue exploring the accessibility of the AJAX approach?
13:14:10 [CarlosI]
EV: an alternative path could be the use of cocoon, which is totally server side, but we may need support from W3C servers
13:14:17 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:14:52 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
13:15:05 [Vangelis]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/basics/index.html
13:15:59 [CarlosI]
SAZ: need to think also in maintainability
13:16:20 [CarlosI]
EV: there's also the possibility to convert cocoon forms to XForms
13:18:21 [CarlosI]
SAZ: if is something just to test and see may be difficult to setup another Java server
13:19:08 [CarlosI]
SAZ: EV, are you going to spend time really developing this in the BTW context? have you checked with CV?
13:19:56 [CarlosI]
EV: have not discussed with CV about it
13:20:26 [CarlosI]
SAZ: need to think about future of the project, contributions and maintainability
13:20:56 [CarlosI]
EV: not sure at this moment
13:21:16 [CarlosI]
SAZ: hesitant to open up something just for playing around
13:21:27 [CarlosI]
SAZ: continue offline
13:22:38 [CarlosI]
SAZ: if we have something in PHP or Python the setup is already done
13:23:12 [CarlosI]
SAZ: a new Java setup will complicate things, so need to be sure
13:24:24 [CarlosI]
SAZ: BTW works more with Java, so we should also avoid to rewrite everything if possible
13:25:13 [CarlosI]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/
13:28:44 [CarlosI]
CI: some test samples could look not complete from the Web content developer perspective
13:29:34 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we can use the wiki for such ideas for future improvements
13:29:47 [CarlosI]
SAZ: I think it's a communication problem
13:30:27 [CarlosI]
SAZ: need to check in the future but would like to capture the ideas
13:31:17 [CarlosI]
ACTION: CI to create a new wiki section for ideas for future improvements
13:32:14 [Zakim]
-Vangelis_Karkaletsis
13:32:15 [Zakim]
-Reinhard_Ruemer
13:32:17 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:32:17 [Zakim]
-Cooper
13:32:19 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:32:22 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:32:23 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:32:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Vangelis_Karkaletsis, +43.702.468.aaaa, Cooper, Reinhard_Ruemer, CarlosI, Tim_Boland
13:33:35 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:33:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:33:41 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:33:45 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:33:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:33:47 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:33:51 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to update the review process document accordingly [1]
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-tsdtf-irc#T12-42-24
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS to check changes with the new WCAG2 WD [2]
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-tsdtf-irc#T12-55-32
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to continue discussion internally [3]
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-tsdtf-irc#T13-06-12
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CI to create a new wiki section for ideas for future improvements [4]
13:33:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-tsdtf-irc#T13-31-17