IRC log of er on 2007-05-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:50:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
13:50:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-irc
13:50:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
13:50:59 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ERT
13:50:59 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
13:51:04 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
13:51:09 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
13:51:46 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0028.html
13:52:40 [shadi]
agenda+ New resources for review
13:52:52 [shadi]
agenda+ EARL 1.0 Schema comments
13:53:05 [shadi]
agenda+ HTTP Vocabulary in RDF comments
13:57:01 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:59:51 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has now started
13:59:54 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:01:16 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
14:01:34 [CarlosI]
CarlosI has joined #er
14:01:48 [JohannesK]
zakim, klaus is really Johannes
14:01:48 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
14:02:25 [Reinhard]
Reinhard has joined #er
14:03:30 [Zakim]
+abel
14:03:41 [shadi]
zakim, abel is really CarlosI
14:03:54 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
14:04:32 [Zakim]
+ +43.70.aaaa
14:04:56 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is really Reinhard
14:05:06 [Zakim]
+Reinhard; got it
14:05:30 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
14:05:44 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV
14:05:58 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
14:05:59 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "New resources for review" taken up [from shadi]
14:06:16 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0023
14:06:24 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0025
14:06:33 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0026^
14:07:06 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0020
14:08:04 [CarlosI]
SAZ: several staff moving around we should look at
14:09:29 [CarlosI]
SAZ: mobileOK, mainly two thinks to review: potential accessibility issues and compatibility with EARL
14:10:41 [CarlosI]
JK: 2.3.3 could be a test itself
14:13:15 [CarlosI]
ACTION: everybody to review by next week and send possible ERT WG relevant issues to the list
14:14:26 [CarlosI]
SAZ: POWDER use cases and requirementes directly published as a note
14:14:44 [CarlosI]
SAZ: overlap with our work
14:16:05 [CarlosI]
ACTION: everybody to review the POWDER note and comment any thought with the rest of the group
14:17:17 [CarlosI]
RR: any background on POWDER
14:17:24 [CarlosI]
?
14:18:41 [CarlosI]
SAZ: basically metadata to label resources from different perspectives: offensive content, mobile friendly, accesible, etc.
14:20:36 [CarlosI]
SAZ: several groups would like to use FOAF
14:20:48 [CarlosI]
SAZ: doubts about persistence
14:21:28 [CarlosI]
SAZ: it looks like FOAF guys are now moving in the direction we need
14:22:05 [CarlosI]
SAZ: need to be sure about FOAF before CR
14:23:21 [CarlosI]
ACTION: everybody to look at FOAF and see in what direction are they moving
14:25:07 [CarlosI]
ACTION: start to look at the EARL guide and help synchronize with the schema
14:26:24 [CarlosI]
SAZ: contributions to any section are welcome
14:26:43 [CarlosI]
RR: could write drafts of some of them
14:27:04 [CarlosI]
SAZ: be sure to coordinate with CV
14:28:16 [CarlosI]
SAZ: also a new WCAG2 WD online we should review at some point
14:28:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
14:28:19 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "EARL 1.0 Schema comments" taken up [from shadi]
14:28:42 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues
14:29:25 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0027
14:33:27 [CarlosI]
SAZ: proposal to allow extensibility of outcome values
14:37:26 [CarlosI]
CI: several concerns about allowing "free" extensibility
14:38:08 [CarlosI]
[discussion]
14:38:34 [CarlosI]
SAZ: better to continue the discussion on the list
14:38:55 [CarlosI]
RR: agree with CI
14:39:32 [CarlosI]
JK: need to talk about it
14:40:10 [CarlosI]
SAZ: move to #12
14:41:14 [CarlosI]
SAZ: proposal to accept the comment
14:41:43 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: proposal accepted
14:42:21 [CarlosI]
SAZ: move to #13
14:42:47 [CarlosI]
SAZ: proposal to accept the issue and revise all the terms
14:43:09 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: proposal accepted
14:43:36 [CarlosI]
SAZ: now #14
14:43:57 [CarlosI]
SAZ: also editorial, proposal to accept it
14:44:10 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: proposal accepted
14:44:20 [CarlosI]
SAZ: #21
14:45:01 [CarlosI]
SAZ: outside of the scope
14:45:21 [CarlosI]
SAZ: maybe later in the WG
14:46:00 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: reject the proposal
14:46:27 [CarlosI]
SAZ: is something that will probably be done anyway but outside of EARL scope
14:46:40 [CarlosI]
SAZ: #22
14:47:26 [CarlosI]
SAZ: again out of scope, more related with test descriptions and "evidences"
14:47:34 [CarlosI]
SAZ: proposal to reject
14:48:06 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: reject the proposal
14:48:56 [CarlosI]
SAZ: #29
14:49:20 [CarlosI]
SAZ: several efforts before but need to clarify more
14:49:42 [CarlosI]
SAZ: proposal to accept the suggestion
14:49:53 [CarlosI]
RESOLUTION: proposal accepted
14:50:13 [CarlosI]
SAZ: #9
14:50:28 [shadi]
s/#9/#7
14:51:15 [CarlosI]
SAZ: an interesting one, something to look at in next telecons
14:51:45 [CarlosI]
SAZ: JK's turn
14:51:46 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 3
14:51:46 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF comments" taken up [from shadi]
14:52:08 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0019.html
14:52:21 [CarlosI]
JK: topic: timestamps in request and response
14:54:03 [CarlosI]
JK: discussed before about the proper properties, about it's something that should be at HTTP in RDF and about what time to choose (client, server, any proxy...)
14:56:39 [CarlosI]
CI: timestamps are nowhere in the HTTP specification
14:57:12 [CarlosI]
CI: even if they are useful, they are not part of HTTP
14:57:47 [CarlosI]
SAZ: we are already recording things outside the HTTP specification, e.g. Connection class
14:58:12 [CarlosI]
SAZ: the question is if it's important enough
14:59:26 [CarlosI]
SAZ: the simpler approach is a dc:date when the request is initiated
15:00:13 [CarlosI]
SAZ: use case, the crawler and the evaluation are sepparated process
15:00:42 [CarlosI]
SAZ: several WCAG 2 test are "time-dependant"
15:01:34 [CarlosI]
JK: maybe have a look at what properties could be feasible and make a recommendation
15:01:54 [CarlosI]
RR: dc:date is the most obvious one
15:05:59 [CarlosI]
ACTION: JK to make an specific proposal on timestamping
15:06:27 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2007May/0024.html
15:06:41 [CarlosI]
SAZ: have a look at the open threads on the list
15:07:59 [CarlosI]
RR: background?
15:08:05 [CarlosI]
JK: we got some comments on the last drafts about complexity of the structure
15:08:18 [Zakim]
-Johannes
15:08:19 [Zakim]
-Reinhard
15:08:20 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:08:32 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
15:08:33 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()10:00AM has ended
15:08:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas, Johannes, CarlosI, +43.70.aaaa, Reinhard
15:49:09 [shadi]
zakim, bye
15:49:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
15:49:18 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:49:22 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:49:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-minutes.html shadi
15:49:25 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
15:49:29 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-actions.rdf :
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everybody to review by next week and send possible ERT WG relevant issues to the list [1]
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-irc#T14-13-15
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everybody to review the POWDER note and comment any thought with the rest of the group [2]
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-irc#T14-16-05
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everybody to look at FOAF and see in what direction are they moving [3]
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-irc#T14-23-21
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: start to look at the EARL guide and help synchronize with the schema [4]
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-irc#T14-25-07
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JK to make an specific proposal on timestamping [5]
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/30-er-irc#T15-05-59