IRC log of xmlsec on 2007-05-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:22:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
12:22:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/05/29-xmlsec-irc
12:22:13 [tlr]
zakim, this will be xmlsec
12:22:13 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 38 minutes
12:22:22 [tlr]
Meeting: XML Sec Spec Maint WG Weekly
12:22:24 [tlr]
Date: 2007-05-09
12:22:27 [tlr]
Date: 2007-05-29
12:22:30 [tlr]
s/09/29/
12:24:41 [tlr]
chair: Thomas
12:25:24 [tlr]
scribe: GilesHogben
12:25:41 [tlr]
Regrets: PhillipHallamBaker, FrederickHirsch
12:26:22 [tlr]
Regrets+ HalLockhart
12:29:56 [tlr]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0045.html
12:39:24 [klanz2]
klanz2 has joined #xmlsec
12:40:11 [tlr]
hi konrad
12:55:10 [grw]
grw has joined #xmlsec
12:55:18 [GilesHogben]
GilesHogben has joined #xmlsec
12:56:11 [tlr]
ScribeNick: GilesHogben
12:57:05 [sean]
sean has joined #xmlsec
12:58:20 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
12:58:27 [jcc]
jcc has joined #xmlsec
12:58:28 [Zakim]
+ +30281039aaaa
12:58:32 [Zakim]
+??P0
12:58:45 [klanz2]
zakim, ? klanz2
12:58:45 [Zakim]
I don't understand '? klanz2', klanz2
12:58:49 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
12:59:02 [klanz2]
zakim, ? is klanz2
12:59:02 [Zakim]
+klanz2; got it
12:59:29 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
12:59:29 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
12:59:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.613.726.aabb
12:59:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.380.aacc
13:00:03 [klanz2]
Hi
13:00:13 [klanz2]
zakim who is here
13:00:23 [klanz2]
zakim, who is here
13:00:23 [Zakim]
klanz2, you need to end that query with '?'
13:00:25 [grw]
zakim, aacc is grw
13:00:25 [Zakim]
+grw; got it
13:00:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.442.aadd
13:00:32 [klanz2]
zakim, ?
13:00:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, klanz2.
13:00:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.695.aaee
13:00:56 [klanz2]
zakim, who is here ?
13:00:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +30281039aaaa, klanz2 (muted), +1.613.726.aabb, grw, +1.781.442.aadd, +1.443.695.aaee
13:00:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see EdS, jcc, sean, GilesHogben, grw, klanz2, RRSAgent, Zakim, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:01:31 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
13:01:31 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
13:01:33 [Zakim]
+Thomas
13:01:38 [tlr]
zakim, drop thomas-781
13:01:38 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not see a party named 'thomas-781'
13:01:42 [Zakim]
- +1.443.695.aaee
13:01:43 [tlr]
zakim, drop thomas
13:01:43 [Zakim]
Thomas is being disconnected
13:01:43 [Zakim]
-Thomas
13:01:45 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
13:01:45 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
13:01:47 [Zakim]
+Thomas
13:01:53 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:01:53 [Zakim]
klanz2 should no longer be muted
13:01:57 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:01:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +30281039aaaa, klanz2, +1.613.726.aabb, grw, +1.781.442.aadd, Thomas
13:02:21 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.695.aaff
13:02:22 [tlr]
zakim, aaaa is giles
13:02:22 [Zakim]
+giles; got it
13:02:24 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:02:24 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:02:30 [tlr]
zakim, aaff is RobMiller
13:02:30 [Zakim]
+RobMiller; got it
13:02:44 [tlr]
zakim, aabb is EdSimon
13:02:44 [Zakim]
+EdSimon; got it
13:02:58 [tlr]
zakim, 442 is SeanMullen
13:02:58 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not recognize a party named '442'
13:03:04 [tlr]
zakim, aadd is SeanMullen
13:03:04 [Zakim]
+SeanMullen; got it
13:03:26 [Zakim]
+??P8
13:03:28 [tlr]
Topic: Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting
13:03:35 [tlr]
zakim, ??P8 is JuanCarlosCruellas
13:03:35 [Zakim]
+JuanCarlosCruellas; got it
13:04:07 [GilesHogben]
Please identify yourselves :)
13:04:24 [klanz2]
yse
13:04:26 [klanz2]
yes
13:04:42 [tlr]
Next meeting: 5 June, Frederick to chair, Konrad to scribe
13:04:46 [GilesHogben]
Konrad will scribe next meeting
13:04:49 [klanz2]
welcome
13:04:53 [tlr]
Topic: Review and approval of last meeting's minutes
13:04:57 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-xmlsec-minutes
13:05:15 [GilesHogben]
No objections to minutes
13:05:16 [Zakim]
+R_Salz
13:05:17 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: minutes accepted
13:05:30 [tlr]
Topic: Action item review
13:06:00 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:06:00 [Zakim]
klanz2 should no longer be muted
13:06:03 [gberezow]
gberezow has joined #xmlsec
13:06:09 [GilesHogben]
Done - share transform that does not depend on input
13:06:14 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:06:14 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:06:15 [GilesHogben]
by Konrad
13:06:17 [tlr]
ACTION-6 done; discuss at future meeting
13:06:23 [tlr]
ACTION-26 continued
13:06:25 [GilesHogben]
action 6 done - discuss at future mission
13:06:33 [tlr]
Topic: agenda bashing
13:07:16 [GilesHogben]
add a brief excursion into C14N draft?
13:07:59 [tlr]
Topic: Workshop planning
13:08:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.416.646.aagg
13:08:07 [tlr]
zakim, aagg is gberezow
13:08:07 [Zakim]
+gberezow; got it
13:08:15 [tlr]
ACTION-28 moot
13:08:44 [tlr]
ACTION-29 closed
13:08:44 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry... I don't know how to close ACTION yet
13:08:52 [tlr]
ACTION-30 closed
13:08:52 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry... I don't know how to close ACTION yet
13:08:57 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/cfp.html
13:09:41 [GilesHogben]
Call to be issued June 6 deadline for papers 14 Aug
13:09:57 [GilesHogben]
IETF has meeting in last week of july - so good for propoganda
13:10:16 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:10:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see giles, klanz2 (muted), EdSimon, grw, SeanMullen, Thomas, RobMiller, JuanCarlosCruellas, R_Salz, gberezow
13:10:17 [GilesHogben]
Review 2nd week of August
13:10:35 [tlr]
q+ giles, klanz2, EdSimon, grw, SeanMullen, RobMiller, JuanCarlosCruellas, gberezow
13:10:39 [tlr]
ack giles
13:11:01 [GilesHogben]
Giles OK for PC work - 2nd HALF of Aug
13:11:12 [tlr]
ack edsimon
13:11:16 [tlr]
ack klanz2
13:11:20 [GilesHogben]
Ed - shoudl be OK but can't guarantee
13:11:33 [GilesHogben]
Konrad - has time - position papers are from where?
13:12:17 [GilesHogben]
TLR - should be within the group - there is some flexibility - you can write the posn paper early
13:12:38 [GilesHogben]
2nd half of Aug to review the pp's we already got and to negotiate the agenda
13:12:44 [tlr]
ack grw
13:12:52 [GilesHogben]
Greg Whitehead - Yes
13:12:56 [tlr]
ack sean
13:12:58 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:12:59 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:13:01 [tlr]
ack rob
13:13:07 [gberezow]
gberezow is ok with 2nd half august
13:13:10 [GilesHogben]
Sean - OK
13:13:17 [tlr]
ack juanCarlos
13:13:26 [GilesHogben]
Rob OK
13:13:35 [GilesHogben]
JuanCarlos - Nope (Holidays)
13:13:41 [tlr]
q?
13:13:46 [GilesHogben]
can work before
13:13:48 [tlr]
ack gberezow
13:14:11 [GilesHogben]
TLR - critical mass for 2nd half Aug
13:14:29 [GilesHogben]
pending availlability of Frederick we should go for this schedule
13:14:54 [GilesHogben]
accepted
13:14:58 [tlr]
timeline seems ok, approved pending availability of Frederick
13:15:15 [tlr]
ACTION-30 done
13:15:15 [GilesHogben]
Action 30 closed
13:15:26 [tlr]
Topic: Current status of drafts: c14n issue with xml:base
13:16:08 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0044.html
13:16:11 [GilesHogben]
Konrad has sent a message to both wg's about xml-base
13:17:02 [klanz2]
q+
13:17:08 [tlr]
ack klanz2
13:17:18 [GilesHogben]
Who can review this issue for a discussion in next call
13:17:22 [klanz2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/att-0044/Apendix.html
13:17:25 [GilesHogben]
Konrad - note appendix at bottom of message
13:17:39 [GilesHogben]
to see Delta - appended some test-cases
13:17:49 [GilesHogben]
above that is the correct version of the appendix
13:17:59 [GilesHogben]
would like someone who is going to implement to see if he/she agrees
13:18:17 [GilesHogben]
TLR - is that appendix actually normative in C14N 1.1?
13:18:37 [GilesHogben]
Konrad - not sure but would guess it is if implementations are required to use the same cannonical output
13:18:50 [GilesHogben]
There is still some potential to elaborate on details.
13:19:03 [GilesHogben]
TLR - Review before going into details
13:19:04 [tlr]
q+ r_salz, jcc, sean
13:19:07 [tlr]
ack klanz
13:19:09 [tlr]
ack r_salz
13:19:29 [tlr]
ACTION: salz to review Konrad's message re xml:base by next call
13:19:29 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-35 - Review Konrad\'s message re xml:base by next call [on Rich Salz - due 2007-06-05].
13:19:29 [sean]
ack sean
13:19:33 [tlr]
ack jcc
13:19:48 [tlr]
ACTION: juan carlos to review KonraD's message re xml:base by next call
13:19:48 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - juan
13:19:50 [EdS]
I'm taking a quick look at c14n 1.1 CR and do not see any indication Appendix A is not normative.
13:20:15 [tlr]
ACTION: cruellas to review KonraD's message re xml:base by next call
13:20:15 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-36 - Review KonraD\'s message re xml:base by next call [on Juan Carlos Cruellas - due 2007-06-05].
13:20:35 [tlr]
ACTION: sean to review Konrad's message re xml:base by next call
13:20:35 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-37 - Review Konrad\'s message re xml:base by next call [on Sean Mullan - due 2007-06-05].
13:20:50 [tlr]
action: ed to review Konrad's message re xml:base by next call
13:20:50 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-38 - Review Konrad\'s message re xml:base by next call [on Ed Simon - due 2007-06-05].
13:20:57 [tlr]
substantive discussion deferred to next call
13:21:17 [tlr]
Topic: Current status of drafts: DSig Core
13:21:38 [tlr]
ACTION-33 closed
13:21:38 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry... I don't know how to close ACTION yet
13:21:40 [GilesHogben]
4 proposed changes
13:22:07 [tlr]
ACTION-31, ACTION-32 closed
13:22:12 [GilesHogben]
Action 31 on Juan C to propose a reference processing modelling summary
13:22:24 [GilesHogben]
Sean to propose a different langauge for validator and generator part
13:22:28 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0042.html
13:22:37 [GilesHogben]
mostly done on ML. End of that thread see url above
13:22:50 [GilesHogben]
proposed slightly different text for the note
13:23:04 [GilesHogben]
is there any need for further discussioon of this text
13:23:08 [klanz2]
q+
13:23:12 [tlr]
ack klanz
13:23:15 [GilesHogben]
or do we adopt the editor's draft accordingly
13:23:25 [GilesHogben]
Konrad - do we get a new version of the redline doc?
13:23:54 [EdS]
A search on the word "normative" in c14n 1.1 CR reveals only 1 instance -- that saying only the English version is normative. So it would appear the whole c14n 1.1 CR document, including the appendix, is normative.
13:23:55 [GilesHogben]
TLR: Will send around the editor's draft
13:24:02 [GilesHogben]
have people looked at the text?
13:24:25 [GilesHogben]
would people prefer to see the editor's draft
13:25:13 [GilesHogben]
JC - agree with changes
13:25:19 [tlr]
juan carlos: fine
13:25:23 [tlr]
sean: looks fine
13:25:31 [EdS]
I looked at the text changes and they look fine to me.
13:25:34 [tlr]
ACTION: thomas to update editor's draft according to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0042.html
13:25:34 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-39 - Update editor\'s draft according to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0042.html [on Thomas Roessler - due 2007-06-05].
13:25:55 [tlr]
ACTION-19 closed
13:25:55 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry... I don't know how to close ACTION yet
13:26:00 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0041.html
13:26:08 [klanz2]
q+
13:26:12 [tlr]
ack klanz
13:26:50 [GilesHogben]
Konrad: had a look at Gregor's message and proposed new text for bullets in section 2.
13:27:14 [GilesHogben]
please copy to chat
13:27:18 [sean]
please copy to chat
13:27:23 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0041.html
13:27:46 [GilesHogben]
I just try to be precise where DNames appear or not
13:27:56 [klanz2]
2.
13:27:57 [klanz2]
* The |X509IssuerSerial| element, which contains an X.509
13:27:57 [klanz2]
issuer distinguished name/serial number pair. The X.509
13:27:57 [klanz2]
issuer distinguished name SHOULD be compliant with the DNAME
13:27:57 [klanz2]
encoding rules at the end of this section and the serial
13:27:57 [klanz2]
number is represented as a decimal integer,
13:27:59 [klanz2]
* The |X509SubjectName| element, which contains an X.509
13:28:01 [klanz2]
subject distinguished name that SHOULD be compliant with the
13:28:03 [klanz2]
DNAME encoding rules at the end of this section,
13:28:46 [GilesHogben]
Konrad - concerned about & and opening tag bracket but as discussed with Thomas, this can be handled by saying it is text to be added
13:28:52 [Zakim]
-klanz2
13:28:57 [GilesHogben]
Should it be done in CDATA section or by escaping?
13:29:04 [klanz2]
sorry lost the call
13:29:12 [tlr]
we're waiting for you, please dial in again
13:29:17 [tlr]
zakim, code?
13:29:17 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), tlr
13:29:18 [klanz2]
one sec
13:29:55 [tlr]
konrad, what's going on?
13:30:11 [klanz2]
problem with voip client, using phone
13:30:11 [tlr]
should I skype you into the cal?
13:30:16 [tlr]
ok
13:30:18 [klanz2]
yes please
13:30:35 [tlr]
shoot, doesn't work
13:30:36 [tlr]
sorry
13:30:40 [tlr]
please try trad phone
13:31:02 [klanz2]
works now
13:31:10 [tlr]
no, doesn't work on my side
13:31:39 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0041.html
13:32:45 [tlr]
Topic: Decryption Transform
13:32:50 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-decrypt.html
13:33:04 [GilesHogben]
Frederick has done some basic edits
13:33:08 [tlr]
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-decrypt.html#sec-xml-processing
13:33:14 [GilesHogben]
first set of edits in processing rules section
13:33:48 [GilesHogben]
there is a definition of decrypt XML and second subpoint of second step deals with inheritance
13:33:48 [Zakim]
+??P0
13:33:50 [klanz2]
zakim, ? is klanz2
13:33:50 [Zakim]
+klanz2; got it
13:34:00 [klanz2]
go ahead
13:34:05 [klanz2]
sure
13:34:06 [GilesHogben]
please paste into IRC (proposed change)
13:34:17 [tlr]
If a node-set is replacing an element from N whose parent element is not in N, then its apex elements MUST inherit xml:lang and xml:space attributes associated with the XML namespace from the parent element, such as [XML-C14N11]. The xml:base, xml:lang and xml:space attribute from the XML namespace MUST be processed as specified in Canonical XML 1.
13:36:38 [GilesHogben]
Decrypt algorithm in sec 3.1 - main proposed change to replace explicit mention of certain specific attributes according to C14N 1.1
13:37:32 [tlr]
"As a result, D for N is a node-set consisting ..."
13:37:46 [GilesHogben]
In 3.3, below examples is an editorial change to fix erratum 1.
13:38:04 [tlr]
zakim, who is making noise?
13:38:18 [Zakim]
tlr, listening for 12 seconds I could not identify any sounds
13:38:54 [GilesHogben]
In 3.4.2, inheriting attributes - ref to C14N - any comments?
13:39:23 [klanz2]
q+
13:39:30 [tlr]
ack klanz2
13:39:33 [GilesHogben]
TLR - propose that at next meeting we propose this draft become last call
13:39:38 [klanz2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2005Mar/0000.html
13:40:01 [klanz2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/2005Mar/0001.html
13:40:04 [GilesHogben]
Konrad: is this the guy who actually found the problem (see URL) - could we get back to him with some feedback
13:40:12 [GilesHogben]
on how we fixed it
13:40:54 [GilesHogben]
TLR : yes good idea
13:41:01 [tlr]
ACTION: klanz2 to contact CAO Yongsheng confirming treatment of E1 in Decryption Transform
13:41:01 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-40 - Contact CAO Yongsheng confirming treatment of E1 in Decryption Transform [on Konrad Lanz - due 2007-06-05].
13:41:15 [tlr]
zakim, mute jcc
13:41:15 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not know which phone connection belongs to jcc
13:41:19 [tlr]
zakim, mute juancarlos
13:41:19 [Zakim]
JuanCarlosCruellas should now be muted
13:41:52 [GilesHogben]
TLR - no comments and no objections to Frederick's changes on Decrypt transform
13:42:17 [GilesHogben]
propose we issue this version with updated namespace URI's
13:42:27 [tlr]
as LC WD at next meeting
13:42:46 [GilesHogben]
if anyone wants to raise review comments, do so next week
13:42:49 [tlr]
topic: signature encore
13:42:56 [klanz2]
q+
13:43:00 [tlr]
ack klanz2
13:43:03 [tlr]
ack klanz
13:43:13 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0041.html
13:43:52 [GilesHogben]
1st bullet step 2 - is basically done
13:44:01 [GilesHogben]
inside the X509 issuer there is a serial
13:44:11 [GilesHogben]
there are 2 values inside - one the DName, the other the SNumber
13:44:20 [GilesHogben]
the previous text was not very concise about this
13:44:31 [sean]
q+
13:44:36 [GilesHogben]
but only the DName is affected - just clarified what was affected
13:44:51 [GilesHogben]
next message was the test case - a challenging DName
13:44:53 [tlr]
ack sean
13:45:19 [GilesHogben]
Sean - 1st bullet of second - second sentence is a runon - would just say "
13:45:31 [tlr]
"section and the" -> "section. The"
13:45:43 [GilesHogben]
OK
13:46:04 [tlr]
"The X.509 issuer distinguished name SHOULD be compliant with the DNAME encoding rules at the end of this section. The serial number is represented as a decimal integer."
13:46:18 [tlr]
ack klanz
13:46:46 [GilesHogben]
konrad: The test case - tried to get all escapeable chars in and RFC 2253 compliant
13:46:58 [GilesHogben]
paste into XML problem with &
13:47:13 [GilesHogben]
maybe we need to make explicity need to escape &
13:47:25 [GilesHogben]
give guidance on whether to escape or put into CDATA
13:47:47 [GilesHogben]
as long as people don't touch it until verification it won't affect a lot
13:48:00 [GilesHogben]
in many cases the keyinfo is not signed but in some cases it is
13:48:08 [GilesHogben]
not sure if it's really a problem
13:48:11 [sean]
q+
13:48:46 [GilesHogben]
Konrad - you can identify the key either by supplying it as a cert
13:49:05 [jcc]
q+
13:49:16 [GilesHogben]
just needs to be identified , and can also be signed to ensure non-substitution
13:49:52 [GilesHogben]
when you're identifying it you have to do it in CDATA - otherwise you break the XML
13:50:01 [tlr]
ack sean
13:50:14 [GilesHogben]
Sean: I'll take an action to look at what our implementation does
13:50:22 [tlr]
ACTION: sean to check his implementation wrt DNAME erratum
13:50:22 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-41 - Check his implementation wrt DNAME erratum [on Sean Mullan - due 2007-06-05].
13:50:57 [GilesHogben]
TLR - worth having a look at testcase
13:50:58 [tlr]
ack jcc
13:51:03 [tlr]
zakim, unmute juancarlos
13:51:03 [Zakim]
JuanCarlosCruellas should no longer be muted
13:51:37 [GilesHogben]
JC: Looks like there was a common view that the text of the Dname should be put in a CDATA section
13:51:54 [GilesHogben]
but reading the text, it clearly speaks about escaping & and "-"
13:52:00 [klanz2]
q+
13:52:19 [GilesHogben]
i.e. the text is saying to escape it in the XML - not in CDATA
13:52:57 [GilesHogben]
values may be used for comparing values of DName by other apps - like Xades [?]
13:53:17 [GilesHogben]
In order to check if the cert used for generating the sig is the one referenced
13:53:29 [GilesHogben]
you have to check the one used with the DName string
13:53:38 [GilesHogben]
so it may break an app
13:54:06 [tlr]
Also, strings in DNames (X509IssuerSerial,X509SubjectName, and KeyName if approriate) should be encoded as follows:
13:54:40 [GilesHogben]
TLR: this is not an ecoding which deals with making it XML Safe - it's to do with backslash character
13:54:44 [klanz2]
q+
13:54:59 [GilesHogben]
so can't see in rec text that there is entity encoding explicitlyl
13:55:02 [tlr]
ack klanz2
13:55:07 [tlr]
ack klanz
13:55:15 [GilesHogben]
Konrad: also has same perception as JC
13:55:29 [GilesHogben]
a lot of people seem to interpret it that way
13:55:45 [GilesHogben]
in a lot of cases where encoding of entities is needed, it's done rather than being put into CDATA section
13:55:59 [GilesHogben]
the spec is silent about what should happen
13:56:11 [GilesHogben]
TLR: isn't that silence the right thing
13:56:17 [GilesHogben]
q
13:56:20 [GilesHogben]
q+
13:56:53 [GilesHogben]
Ed: Silence is not the right thing
13:56:56 [klanz2]
q+
13:57:47 [EdS]
Suggest we continue the discussion on /2007May/0041.html next week so we can think about this more over the week.
13:57:47 [tlr]
ack giles
13:57:54 [tlr]
ack klanz
13:57:55 [tlr]
+1 to ed
13:58:10 [GilesHogben]
Konrad - silence would be good if it would canonicalize
13:58:17 [EdS]
btw, I (Ed) was not the one saying "Silence is not the right thing"
13:58:28 [GilesHogben]
but don't see how strings in XML are to be canonicalised if signed
13:58:42 [GilesHogben]
rather have it robust than lose canonicalisation
13:58:55 [tlr]
s/Ed: Silen/Sean: Silen/
13:59:27 [GilesHogben]
TLR: There is a canicalisation step before things are signed and hashed
14:00:02 [GilesHogben]
Action is on JC and Konrad to come up with an example where the current silence can break an app
14:00:17 [tlr]
ACTION: cruellas to produce example for breakage due to current E01 language
14:00:17 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-42 - Produce example for breakage due to current E01 language [on Juan Carlos Cruellas - due 2007-06-05].
14:00:18 [GilesHogben]
JC: agrees
14:00:33 [tlr]
ACTION: klanz to produce example for breakage due to current E01 language
14:00:33 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - klanz
14:00:38 [GilesHogben]
Konrad: agres
14:00:40 [GilesHogben]
agrees
14:01:21 [klanz2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n11/ (section 1.1 says CDATA sections are replaced with their character content)
14:01:30 [Zakim]
-grw
14:01:34 [Zakim]
-gberezow
14:01:36 [Zakim]
-SeanMullen
14:01:36 [Zakim]
-R_Salz
14:01:38 [Zakim]
-RobMiller
14:01:40 [Zakim]
-JuanCarlosCruellas
14:01:40 [tlr]
zakim, list participant
14:01:41 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'list participant', tlr
14:01:44 [Zakim]
-EdSimon
14:01:45 [tlr]
zakim, list participants
14:01:46 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +30281039aaaa, klanz2, +1.613.726.aabb, +1.650.380.aacc, grw, +1.781.442.aadd, +1.443.695.aaee, Thomas, +1.443.695.aaff, giles, RobMiller,
14:01:49 [Zakim]
... EdSimon, SeanMullen, JuanCarlosCruellas, R_Salz, +1.416.646.aagg, gberezow
14:01:52 [tlr]
rrsagent, make this record public
14:01:57 [tlr]
rragent, please draft minutes
14:02:15 [klanz2]
can I listen in
14:02:27 [tlr]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:02:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/29-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:02:28 [klanz2]
as I'll scribe next time
14:04:06 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
14:04:06 [Zakim]
klanz2 was not muted, klanz2
14:04:47 [Zakim]
-giles
14:04:57 [jcc]
jcc has left #xmlsec
14:12:53 [klanz2]
exit
14:12:59 [Zakim]
-Thomas
14:13:03 [Zakim]
-klanz2
14:13:04 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
14:13:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were +30281039aaaa, klanz2, +1.613.726.aabb, +1.650.380.aacc, grw, +1.781.442.aadd, +1.443.695.aaee, Thomas, +1.443.695.aaff, giles, RobMiller, EdSimon, SeanMullen,
14:13:08 [Zakim]
... JuanCarlosCruellas, R_Salz, +1.416.646.aagg, gberezow
14:13:31 [klanz2]
zakim, who is on the phone
14:13:31 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', klanz2
14:13:39 [klanz2]
zakim, who is on the phone ?
14:13:39 [Zakim]
apparently T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended, klanz2
14:13:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see GilesHogben, klanz2, RRSAgent, Zakim, tlr, trackbot-ng
16:29:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec