IRC log of xproc on 2007-05-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:41:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:41:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:42:58 [MoZ]
MoZ has changed the topic to:
14:51:17 [rlopes]
rlopes has joined #xproc
14:53:48 [MoZ]
Zakim, what is the code ?
14:53:48 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), MoZ
14:55:54 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has joined #xproc
15:00:10 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
15:00:33 [richard]
richard has joined #xproc
15:00:48 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:55 [Zakim]
15:00:59 [Zakim]
15:01:00 [richard]
zakim, ? is me
15:01:00 [Zakim]
+richard; got it
15:01:12 [Zakim]
15:01:28 [Zakim]
15:01:58 [Andrew]
Andrew has joined #xproc
15:02:13 [Zakim]
15:02:20 [rlopes]
Zakim, ? is me
15:02:20 [Zakim]
+rlopes; got it
15:02:33 [Zakim]
15:02:39 [Andrew]
zakim, ? is Andrew
15:02:39 [Zakim]
+Andrew; got it
15:04:38 [MoZ]
ScribeNick: richard
15:04:44 [MoZ]
Scribe: Richard
15:04:58 [MoZ]
Present: Alex, Richard, Paul, Mohamed, Rui, Andrew
15:06:00 [MoZ]
Regrets: Norm, Henri, Alessandro
15:06:17 [richard]
agenda and minutes accepted
15:06:17 [PGrosso]
Agenda accepted.
15:06:18 [MoZ]
Topic: Accept the agenda
15:06:22 [MoZ]
15:06:31 [MoZ]
Topic: Accept the minutes
15:06:33 [MoZ]
15:06:50 [richard]
Alex's serialization proposal
15:06:54 [MoZ]
Topic: Meeting 24 May of 2007
15:06:58 [MoZ]
No regrets
15:07:08 [richard]
Alex: waiting for Henry's wording
15:07:18 [richard]
Step library review
15:07:29 [MoZ]
Topic: Step library review
15:08:21 [richard]
http-request discussion deferred
15:09:02 [richard]
Topic: load options
15:09:21 [richard]
DTD validation, namespace support
15:10:05 [richard]
Richard: should not allow turning off namespaces
15:14:28 [richard]
Consensus: shouldn't have option to allow namespace-ill-formed docs
15:19:12 [richard]
DTD validation: get a dynamic error is processor doesn't support it
15:19:42 [PGrosso]
15:20:42 [richard]
If validated, dynamic error if not valid
15:21:05 [richard]
Consensus: have this validate option on load
15:21:54 [alexmilowski]
15:23:26 [MoZ]
15:23:54 [richard]
Topic: Escaped markup
15:27:20 [MoZ]
and match="//*" ?
15:28:59 [MoZ]
15:31:09 [richard]
Discussion: do we need a match argument to specify what to escape, or should we jsut use a viewport?
15:32:41 [richard]
Consensus: no match option, use a viewport
15:33:21 [richard]
Topic: Boolean options
15:33:50 [richard]
yes/no? true/false?
15:36:02 [richard]
Alex favours status quo (yes/no)
15:36:15 [richard]
Moz favours status quo for now at least
15:36:33 [richard]
Consensus: don't change it
15:37:28 [richard]
Topic: Content-type for unescape-markup
15:38:08 [richard]
Also question of what to do if you get text/html etc (it may be wf xml)
15:40:24 [richard]
Alex: add HTML parsing to next week's agenda
15:40:57 [richard]
(we don't have all the people this week)
15:41:08 [richard]
Topic: wrapping a sequence
15:41:48 [richard]
Should we have a component to take a sequence and wrap it into a single document?
15:41:55 [richard]
Moz: there's no other way to do it
15:42:07 [richard]
Alex: could allow "wrap" to do it
15:42:44 [richard]
Moz: would be bad for wrap to be quite different for sequence and single doc
15:43:01 [richard]
Consensus: have a separate component
15:43:17 [richard]
How to specify the wrap element name?
15:44:20 [richard]
(can't use "name", because it's taken)
15:44:55 [MoZ]
Zakim, who is on the phone ?
15:44:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Alex_Milowski, richard, PGrosso, MoZ, rlopes, Andrew
15:47:03 [rlopes]
Zakim, who is making noise?
15:47:14 [Zakim]
rlopes, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:47:47 [richard]
No strong preference, call it "wrapper" for now
15:48:09 [richard]
Topic: rename XSLT
15:48:37 [richard]
(xslt->xslt1, we already have xslt2)
15:49:57 [richard]
Moz: Norm's argument for xslt is good, are we going to put version numbers on all the other components?
15:50:20 [alexmilowski]
15:53:28 [richard]
Consensus: stick the the status quo
15:54:00 [richard]
Topic: Aggregate
15:54:14 [richard]
Alex: is this the same as wrap-sequence?
15:54:46 [richard]
Moz: no, it's more powerful. Wouldn't need wrap-sequence if we had aggregate
15:55:50 [richard]
Moz: or could having matching-document on wrap-sequence
15:57:28 [richard]
Moz: if we had recursive steps we could handle it that way, but we don't
15:59:44 [richard]
Moz: discussion of wrapping sequences of chapters etc
16:01:05 [richard]
Paul to send IRC log to construct minutes from
16:01:07 [Zakim]
16:01:10 [Zakim]
16:01:10 [Zakim]
16:01:12 [Zakim]
16:01:12 [Zakim]
16:01:16 [Zakim]
16:01:18 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
16:01:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were Alex_Milowski, richard, PGrosso, MoZ, rlopes, Andrew
16:02:19 [MoZ]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:02:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate MoZ
16:02:49 [MoZ]
RRSAgent, make logs world-visible
16:02:59 [MoZ]
alexmilowski, richard
16:03:08 [MoZ]
you can just edit
16:03:25 [alexmilowski]
16:03:34 [alexmilowski]
Someone has a clue about zakim
16:03:35 [MoZ]
oups seems to not work
16:03:55 [MoZ]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:03:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate MoZ
16:04:18 [MoZ]
Chair: Alex
16:04:22 [MoZ]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:04:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate MoZ
16:04:46 [MoZ]
16:04:49 [MoZ]
just look here
16:09:42 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc