IRC log of xmlsec on 2007-05-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:56:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
10:56:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-irc
10:56:47 [jcc]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
10:56:47 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, jcc
11:11:19 [tlr]
tlr has joined #xmlsec
11:11:56 [tlr]
zakim, this will be xmlsec
11:11:56 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, tlr
11:47:43 [tlr]
zakim, this will be xmlsec
11:47:43 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, tlr
12:05:02 [tlr]
zakim, this will be xmlsec
12:05:02 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 55 minutes
12:13:51 [jcc]
jcc has joined #xmlsec
12:14:23 [jcc]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
12:14:23 [Zakim]
ok, jcc; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 46 minutes
12:14:34 [tlr]
hi Juan Carlos
12:15:04 [jcc]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
12:15:19 [jcc]
Scribe: Juan Carlos Cruellas
12:19:30 [PeterL]
PeterL has joined #xmlsec
12:19:42 [jcc]
RRSAgent, make log public
12:20:13 [PeterL]
hi jcc, practising ;)
12:26:51 [tlr]
hallo Peter
12:32:45 [jcc]
jcc has joined #xmlsec
12:34:06 [PeterL]
hallo thomas
12:36:26 [tlr]
Peter, ich habe gerade Deine Mail re Workshop-Hosting beantwortet
12:37:38 [PeterL]
habs gesehen. JCC hat ja auch was angeboten.
12:38:00 [jcc]
I certainly must learn German ;-)
12:38:06 [tlr]
sorry
12:38:18 [tlr]
Peter had asked about specific requirements for the workshop, and I said I had just sent him e-mail.
12:38:26 [tlr]
He then said you had also offered hosting.
12:38:26 [jcc]
No problem... it is the natural way of comunicating among yourselves
12:38:26 [PeterL]
sure juan carlos, then I'd learn more espagnol
12:39:02 [PeterL]
;-)
12:39:33 [jcc]
One question Thomas, is there any command to record that an action has been closed?
12:39:54 [tlr]
not at this point.
12:40:07 [tlr]
Just record ACTION-NNN closed, and Frederick or I need to do it through the Web interface.
12:40:46 [jcc]
I see... just wondering if there was some command for doing it automatically...thanks
12:42:40 [jcc]
Thomas, do you know if Frederick has uploaded the agenda of this meeting to the W3C server?
12:42:53 [jcc]
if so I would record the URL for the minutes...
12:43:11 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0025.html
12:43:20 [tlr]
it's just in the public mailing list archive
12:44:02 [jcc]
Ah! I see, when the scribe's instructions mention a URL to the agenda, in fact they mean to the email where the agenda was distributed... thanks
12:45:03 [jcc]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0025.html
12:45:22 [jcc]
Meeting: XMLSEC
12:45:37 [jcc]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
12:45:48 [jcc]
Scribe: Juan Carlos Cruellas
12:46:01 [jcc]
RRSAgent, make log public
12:48:01 [jh]
jh has joined #xmlsec
12:48:43 [jh]
zakim, who is here?
12:48:43 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has not yet started, jh
12:48:44 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jh, jcc, PeterL, tlr, RRSAgent, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot-ng
12:51:10 [jh]
zakim, this will be xmlsecc
12:51:10 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, jh
12:51:15 [jh]
zakim, this will be xmlsec
12:51:15 [Zakim]
ok, jh; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes
12:51:30 [jh]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG Conference Call
12:51:40 [jh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
12:51:48 [jcc]
Scribe: Juan Carlos Cruellas
12:52:30 [jcc]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0025.html
12:52:51 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
12:52:58 [Zakim]
+Frederick_Hirsch
12:53:14 [jh]
zakim, who is here+
12:53:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is here+', jh
12:53:19 [jh]
zakim, who is here?
12:53:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch
12:53:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jh, jcc, PeterL, tlr, RRSAgent, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot-ng
12:54:37 [jh]
Regrets: Donald Eastlake, Gregory Berezowsky
12:54:48 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:54:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch
12:55:30 [jcc]
thomas, the command /me zakim, ??p9 is [handle] does not seem to work... I guess that I must substitute ?? by something?
12:55:31 [rdm]
rdm has joined #xmlsec
12:55:59 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:55:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch
12:56:06 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
12:56:07 [tlr]
juan carlos, there is no unidentified party on the phone...
12:57:00 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
12:57:00 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
12:57:01 [Zakim]
+Thomas
12:57:28 [sean]
sean has joined #xmlsec
12:58:15 [PHB]
PHB has joined #xmlsec
12:58:17 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
12:58:31 [tlr]
zakim, IPcaller is JuanCarlosCruellas
12:58:31 [Zakim]
+JuanCarlosCruellas; got it
12:58:38 [tlr]
zakim, nick jcc is JuanCarlosCruellas
12:58:38 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate jcc with JuanCarlosCruellas
12:58:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.442.aaaa
12:59:07 [tlr]
zakim, nick fjh is FrederickHirsch
12:59:07 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate fjh with Frederick_Hirsch
12:59:21 [tlr]
zakim, aaaa is SeanMullen
12:59:21 [Zakim]
+SeanMullen; got it
12:59:25 [tlr]
zakim, nick sean is SeanMullen
12:59:25 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate sean with SeanMullen
12:59:55 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:59:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, SeanMullen
13:00:04 [hal]
hal has joined #xmlsec
13:00:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.380.aabb
13:00:20 [klanz2]
I'm having trouble with my machine, I'll dial in ASAP
13:00:23 [Zakim]
+EdSimon
13:00:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.695.aacc
13:00:42 [tlr]
zakim, aabb is GregWhitehead
13:00:42 [Zakim]
+GregWhitehead; got it
13:00:56 [tlr]
zakim, aacc is RobMiller
13:00:56 [Zakim]
+RobMiller; got it
13:00:59 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:00:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, SeanMullen, GregWhitehead, EdSimon, RobMiller
13:01:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hal, PHB, sean, EdS, rdm, fjh, jcc, PeterL, tlr, RRSAgent, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot-ng
13:01:01 [tlr]
zakim, nick rdm is RobMiller
13:01:01 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate rdm with RobMiller
13:01:09 [Zakim]
+Hal_Lockhart
13:01:17 [tlr]
zakim, nick EdS is EdSimon
13:01:17 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate EdS with EdSimon
13:01:22 [tlr]
zakim, nick hal is Hal_Lockhart
13:01:22 [grw]
grw has joined #xmlsec
13:01:26 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate hal with Hal_Lockhart
13:01:26 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:01:28 [Zakim]
+ +30281039aadd
13:01:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, SeanMullen, GregWhitehead, EdSimon, RobMiller, Hal_Lockhart, +30281039aadd
13:01:39 [PHB]
zakim, what is the dial in
13:01:44 [tlr]
zakim, nick grw is GregWhitehead
13:01:46 [tlr]
zakim, code?
13:01:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'what is the dial in', PHB
13:01:53 [tlr]
zakim, aadd is GilesHogben
13:01:57 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate grw with GregWhitehead
13:01:59 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), tlr
13:02:05 [Zakim]
+GilesHogben; got it
13:02:11 [rdm2]
rdm2 has joined #xmlsec
13:02:21 [tlr]
zakim, nick rdm2 is RobMiller
13:02:22 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate rdm2 with RobMiller
13:02:34 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:02:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, SeanMullen, GregWhitehead, EdSimon, RobMiller, Hal_Lockhart, GilesHogben
13:02:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rdm2, grw, hal, PHB, sean, EdS, rdm, fjh, jcc, PeterL, tlr, RRSAgent, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot-ng
13:02:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.306.aaee
13:02:43 [ghogben3]
ghogben3 has joined #xmlsec
13:02:49 [Zakim]
- +1.781.306.aaee
13:03:10 [jcc]
OPIC: 1) Administrative: Scribe confirmation, Attendance, Agenda review (9:00 am Eastern)
13:03:17 [Zakim]
+PHB
13:03:17 [tlr]
zakim, nick ghogben3 is GilesHogben
13:03:18 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate ghogben3 with GilesHogben
13:03:32 [tlr]
Topic: Administrative
13:03:36 [tlr]
Scribe for next week: PHB
13:03:51 [jcc]
fjh: confirming next week scribe Phillp Hallman for the week after, not next week
13:03:52 [tlr]
Scribe for 29 May: Giles Hogben
13:03:58 [tlr]
s/Hallam/Hallam-Baker/
13:04:12 [jcc]
fjh: asks Giles Hogben to do it for the week after
13:04:20 [jcc]
TOPIC: 1a) Regrets: Donald Eastlake, Gregory Berezowsky
13:04:23 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0025.html
13:04:43 [tlr]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0025.html
13:04:49 [jcc]
TOPIC: 2) Review and Approval of WG minutes
13:05:04 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0012.html
13:05:08 [tlr]
(minutes from last week)
13:05:23 [jcc]
are posted changes to the canonicalizations. They were not in the minutes.
13:05:47 [tlr]
s/are posted/hal: there were/
13:05:47 [jcc]
fjh: minutes approved
13:06:16 [jcc]
action: fjh to post the changes to canonicalization process
13:06:16 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - fjh
13:06:19 [Zakim]
+??P20
13:06:58 [fjh]
ACTION: Frederick to post red-line link for C14N11
13:06:58 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-25 - Post red-line link for C14N11 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2007-05-22].
13:07:15 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:07:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, SeanMullen, GregWhitehead, EdSimon, RobMiller, Hal_Lockhart, GilesHogben, PHB, ??P20
13:07:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ghogben3, rdm2, grw, hal, PHB, sean, EdS, rdm, fjh, jcc, PeterL, tlr, RRSAgent, Zakim, klanz2, trackbot-ng
13:07:45 [klanz2]
My audio device has problems
13:07:52 [klanz2]
yes
13:07:56 [tlr]
zakim, ??P20 is klanz2
13:07:56 [Zakim]
+klanz2; got it
13:08:08 [klanz2]
and the IRC runs via vpn on aother machine
13:08:31 [jcc]
resolution: minutes of May 2nd and 3rd face to face meeting were approved
13:09:25 [fjh]
zakim, where am i?
13:09:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, fjh.
13:09:30 [tlr]
zakim, bookmark?
13:09:30 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, tlr.
13:09:33 [tlr]
rrsagent, bookmark?
13:09:33 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-irc#T13-09-33
13:09:34 [fjh]
rrsagent, where am i?
13:09:34 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-irc#T13-09-34
13:09:46 [jcc]
TOPIC: 3) Future WG Meetings
13:09:59 [jcc]
fjh: will be out, Thomas will chair the two next meetings
13:10:19 [jcc]
ACTION-3: closed
13:10:28 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:10:28 [Zakim]
klanz2 was not muted, klanz2
13:11:03 [jcc]
ACTION-4: closed; fjh updated the homepage.
13:11:32 [jcc]
ACTION-5: open for finishing.
13:12:09 [jcc]
ACTION-6: open. Konrad will complete in the next week
13:12:23 [jcc]
ACTION-8: closed as part of the editorial update
13:12:28 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:12:28 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:13:07 [jcc]
ACTION-9: closed. Sent email to the list
13:13:46 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0022.html
13:13:52 [jcc]
tlr: asks Sean to pass the link of the message
13:14:23 [jcc]
ACTION-12: open. fjh has been working on it...almost done
13:14:32 [jcc]
ACTION-13: closed
13:15:47 [jcc]
ACTION-15: closed; done it 2007-05-14 call.
13:15:56 [tlr]
q+
13:16:23 [jcc]
the coordination group will take care of security issues
13:17:25 [jcc]
... fjh: when a charter is created it should include security considerations and how this will be done...
13:17:35 [tlr]
s/the coord/fjh: the coord/
13:17:42 [tlr]
s/... fjh: when/... when/
13:17:45 [jcc]
fjh: ... and the coordination group would take care of this.
13:17:53 [tlr]
s/fjh: .../... /
13:17:58 [tlr]
q?
13:18:22 [fjh]
ed: should have permanent security group to review materials
13:18:27 [tlr]
hal: +1 to ed
13:18:50 [tlr]
... also errata handling ...
13:18:50 [jcc]
hal: seconds the idea, and also to be in the position of receiving errata of security specifications
13:19:19 [jcc]
ed: the group should be the place where the policies and processes are reviewed
13:19:56 [jcc]
tlr: this is a useful proposal and this could be part of the outcome to be produced by the group
13:20:21 [jcc]
tlr: question to Frederick, what documentation?
13:20:53 [jcc]
what documentation should be managed? only minutes or others?
13:21:24 [jcc]
fjh: we should draft a note...
13:21:41 [jcc]
tlr: we could capture text from minutes and generate the note.
13:21:43 [Zakim]
+??P27
13:21:58 [PeterL]
zakim, ??P27 is peter_Lipp
13:21:58 [Zakim]
+peter_Lipp; got it
13:22:34 [jcc]
fjh: the group should start indicating what the issues are and then we will receive indications of what to do.
13:23:01 [tlr]
ACTION: thomas to draft CG note draft for submission to XML CG - due 2007-06-20
13:23:01 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-26 - draft CG note draft for submission to XML CG [on Thomas Roessler - due 2007-06-20].
13:23:02 [PeterL]
zakim, nick PeterL is peter_Lipp
13:23:02 [Zakim]
ok, PeterL, I now associate you with peter_Lipp
13:23:48 [jcc]
ACTION-16: closed
13:23:58 [jcc]
ACTION-17: open
13:24:13 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:24:13 [Zakim]
klanz2 should no longer be muted
13:24:15 [jcc]
ACTION-18: open
13:24:22 [jcc]
ACTION-19: open
13:24:25 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
13:24:25 [Zakim]
sorry, tlr, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:24:27 [klanz2]
ongoing
13:24:30 [jcc]
ACTION-20: done
13:24:30 [tlr]
zakim, mute thomas
13:24:30 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
13:24:46 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:24:46 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:25:01 [jcc]
fjh: we will indicate when we can meet.
13:25:06 [tlr]
zakim, unmuteme
13:25:06 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmuteme', tlr
13:25:13 [tlr]
zakim, unmute thomas
13:25:13 [Zakim]
Thomas should no longer be muted
13:25:49 [jcc]
fjh: when we will know when we will meet in November plenary
13:26:03 [jcc]
tlr: in the next few months...+
13:26:11 [jcc]
ACTION-21: closed
13:26:20 [jcc]
ACTION-22: open
13:27:02 [jcc]
ACTION-23: proposal for qnames. Frederick was not sure of the action on that issue
13:27:15 [jcc]
fjh: it is a timing issue ....
13:27:19 [tlr]
q+
13:27:53 [PHB]
qnames should not be used as data
13:28:23 [jcc]
qnames are prefixed or unprefixed, this introduces some ambiguity
13:28:26 [PHB]
The prefix namespaces do not work within the data space
13:28:30 [hal]
q+
13:28:39 [PHB]
There is an AB finding on the topic
13:28:55 [fjh]
s/AB/TAG/
13:29:41 [jcc]
qnames may be prefixed or unprefixed, and the issue is on prefixed qnames
13:29:43 [tlr]
EdSimon: Said qnames are prefixed or unprefixed; didn't talk about ambiguity. The concern is about prefixed qnames in data space. It's an issue I thought about during the last week WRT c14n
13:29:44 [PHB]
The point here was that there should be a note in the C18N section to the effect that prefixes will break, and protocols should avoid them per the TAG
13:29:58 [tlr]
hal: Don't agree that only prefixed names are a problem
13:30:08 [tlr]
s/C18N/C14N/
13:30:28 [jcc]
fjh: does not think this affects canonicalization
13:30:41 [fjh]
s/does not think/asks whether/
13:30:49 [tlr]
q+ to ask whether this is considered critical path for C14N 1.1
13:31:09 [fjh]
greg: treat as best practice
13:31:10 [jcc]
Greg: provide a best practice document
13:31:32 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:31:32 [Zakim]
klanz2 should no longer be muted
13:31:35 [klanz2]
q+
13:31:49 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:31:49 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:32:02 [tlr]
ack tlr
13:32:02 [Zakim]
tlr, you wanted to ask whether this is considered critical path for C14N 1.1
13:32:11 [hal]
q -
13:32:37 [hal]
q-
13:33:10 [fjh]
q+
13:33:12 [jcc]
tlr: we should advice core group as soon as we can on the issues we identify
13:33:14 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:33:14 [Zakim]
klanz2 should no longer be muted
13:33:27 [EdS]
q+
13:33:37 [tlr]
nah... we can always ask politely.
13:33:51 [fjh]
konrad suggests only formal objection possible now
13:34:04 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:34:04 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:34:25 [tlr]
fjh, speaking as self: don't think we need to do more, rather do best practice approach
13:34:30 [jcc]
fjh: as Frederick, would prefer the best practice approahc
13:34:48 [fjh]
q?
13:34:51 [tlr]
EdSimon: proposed changes to c14n would need to be broader; rather thinking of C14N 2.0
13:34:51 [fjh]
ack klanz
13:34:52 [jcc]
ed: canonicalization is so broad that he is thinking in canonicalization 2.0
13:34:57 [tlr]
... don't expect resolution near-term ...
13:34:58 [fjh]
ack Frederick_Hirsch
13:35:02 [fjh]
ack EdSimon
13:35:04 [fjh]
q?
13:35:04 [klanz2]
zakim, mute e
13:35:05 [Zakim]
EdSimon should now be muted
13:35:10 [tlr]
q+ to note that this sounds like a proposal for further work
13:35:14 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:35:14 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:35:27 [jcc]
fjh: can we agree on that?
13:35:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.514.861.aaff
13:35:43 [tlr]
zakim, aaff is DonEastlake
13:35:43 [Zakim]
+DonEastlake; got it
13:36:10 [jcc]
fjh: can we agree on the best practice issue?
13:36:14 [tlr]
q=
13:36:15 [tlr]
q?
13:36:26 [tlr]
q-
13:36:39 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: We are not going to bring qnames in content to XML Core, but rather feed that into best practices.
13:36:45 [jcc]
RESOLUTION: we are not going to bring the qname issue to the core group but be part of the best practices
13:36:59 [tlr]
s/RESOLUTION: We are not going to bring qnames in content to XML Core, but rather feed that into best practices.//
13:37:11 [jcc]
this is something that we must notice this issue...
13:37:24 [klanz2]
phil
13:37:33 [deastlak]
deastlak has joined #xmlsec
13:37:34 [EdS]
Ed: I strongly agree with Phill.
13:37:46 [jcc]
phil: sligthly more than best practices: something that has to be noted as property of the algorithm
13:37:53 [EdS]
q+
13:37:57 [klanz2]
q+
13:37:58 [jcc]
phil: it is a consequence of the XML...
13:38:09 [jcc]
phil: we should provide more information .....
13:38:18 [tlr]
q+
13:38:26 [jcc]
fjh: is it possible to provide more text for CN14.1
13:38:28 [EdS]
q-
13:39:39 [jcc]
tlr: we need to coordinate with core as they have been waiting for us
13:39:59 [jcc]
greg: i would think that the note would be rather simple....
13:40:30 [jcc]
greg: using qnames values in data then you must use the implicit namespace or the prefixes may not be captured
13:40:49 [jcc]
greg: just pointing what is not obviuos for all the people
13:41:11 [EdS]
+1 to greg
13:41:13 [jcc]
phil: best practices suggest that you have options
13:41:28 [klanz2]
q+
13:41:51 [jcc]
hal: there are aspects to basic XML semantics, security considerations...
13:42:09 [jcc]
hal: do we want to discuss this now? is a lengthy discussion
13:42:37 [jcc]
fjh: this is an important topic and we have to discuss....maybe in the next call
13:42:50 [EdS]
q+
13:42:52 [fjh]
ack klanz
13:42:54 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:42:54 [Zakim]
klanz2 was not muted, klanz2
13:42:57 [tlr]
ack tlr
13:43:01 [fjh]
ack tlr
13:43:35 [klanz2]
q-
13:43:39 [jcc]
konrad: no syntactical means for distinguighing
13:43:57 [jcc]
...prefixed from unprefixed qnames...
13:44:05 [klanz2]
+1 to fjh
13:44:45 [jcc]
ed: maybe we ....
13:44:45 [klanz2]
to distinguish from other data that may also look like prefixed names
13:44:58 [klanz2]
eg: urn:somename
13:45:06 [jcc]
ed: should get broader attention to this as this may not be an issue only on one type of canonicalization algorithm
13:45:11 [tlr]
q+ to note that c14N 1.1 is actually explicit
13:45:51 [hal]
q+
13:46:01 [jcc]
phil: when applying transforms, and you use prefixed qnames, then you have to take into account how to deal with them..
13:46:12 [EdS]
Ed: qname discussion not likely to be resolved in short order; will likely lead to significant discussion. I suggest capping c14n 1.1, and getting to work on c14n 2.0 ASAP.
13:46:33 [hal]
+1
13:46:46 [tlr]
ack tlr
13:46:46 [Zakim]
tlr, you wanted to note that c14N 1.1 is actually explicit
13:47:17 [jcc]
tlr: supports moving on, and support not asking for an explicit remark to be added...
13:47:22 [EdS]
q-
13:47:25 [fjh]
ack EdSimon
13:47:40 [klanz2]
+1 to tlr
13:48:02 [fjh]
tlr: table qname issues for now, leave C14N11 as now, future work item
13:48:06 [jcc]
tlr: if this is relevant, then we should include it for future work... leave C14n1 as it is
13:48:21 [tlr]
q?
13:48:36 [jcc]
hal: agrees moving on.
13:48:37 [tlr]
ack hal_lockhart
13:48:47 [tlr]
fjh: phill, can you live with this?
13:48:50 [tlr]
phill: yeah *sigh*
13:49:16 [jcc]
fjh: consider whether to do anything with sig or...
13:49:31 [jcc]
RESOLUTION: not to feed C14n1
13:49:40 [jcc]
RESOLUTION: not to feed C14n1 on the qnames issue
13:49:51 [klanz2]
shall we distill some thing for the future work now from this discussion
13:49:52 [grw]
grw has joined #xmlsec
13:50:19 [jcc]
ACTION-23: closed
13:50:24 [hal]
q+
13:50:56 [hal]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids.html
13:50:59 [jcc]
hal: mentions some text on qnames...
13:51:07 [jcc]
ACTION-24: closed
13:51:17 [jcc]
fjh: asks to complete the questionnaire on interop.
13:51:34 [jcc]
TOPIC: 5) Editorial Status
13:51:51 [jcc]
fjh: asks to review the editorial material circulated. Not possible to discuss it now
13:52:01 [jcc]
TOPIC: 5a) Review status of XML Signature draft
13:52:01 [jcc]
TOPIC: 5b) Review status Decryption Transform draft
13:52:01 [EdS]
I share Phill's sigh. From my review of c14n 1.1, uddi c14n (http://www.uddi.org/pubs/SchemaCentricCanonicalization-20020710.htm), and the qname issue, my strong initial impression is that it will be best to move from c14n 1.1 to c14n 2.0 ASAP.
13:52:26 [jcc]
TOPIC: 7. Workshop Planning
13:52:38 [jcc]
fjh: two or three proposals for workshops?
13:52:48 [jcc]
fjh: Austria, Spain, California...
13:52:54 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:52:54 [Zakim]
klanz2 was not muted, klanz2
13:53:07 [tlr]
peterlipp: would be willing to host in Graz
13:53:09 [jcc]
PeterL: offers Austria (Graz)
13:53:22 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:53:22 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:53:24 [jcc]
fjh: how many days? assumed 2 or 3
13:53:41 [jcc]
tlr mentioned typically 2
13:53:47 [jcc]
what about preparation day?
13:53:56 [tlr]
fjh: do we need face-to-face processing time?
13:54:03 [tlr]
... any difference to the folks who would host?
13:54:07 [tlr]
hal: no difference to us
13:54:10 [tlr]
peter: no problem
13:54:14 [jcc]
PeterLipp: does not care on the days.
13:54:17 [tlr]
juanCC: can do 3
13:54:42 [jcc]
tlr: three months in advance it announces the workshop
13:55:04 [jcc]
tlr: not earlier than September.
13:55:24 [jcc]
fjh: people think on time.
13:55:34 [jcc]
fjh: avoid first week of September
13:55:40 [klanz2]
zakim, unmute me
13:55:40 [Zakim]
klanz2 should no longer be muted
13:55:53 [klanz2]
zakim, mute me
13:55:53 [Zakim]
klanz2 should now be muted
13:55:56 [jcc]
fjh: Konrad constraints existent
13:56:08 [jcc]
PeterLipp: only the first week of september is difficult
13:56:11 [jcc]
q+
13:56:33 [jcc]
fjh: might be an advantage having in Europe for attracting European people...
13:56:38 [ghogben3]
q+
13:56:49 [tlr]
q?
13:56:50 [fjh]
q?
13:56:55 [jcc]
fjh: would producing a questionnaire for getting information be a good idea?
13:57:13 [fjh]
ack Hal_Lockhart
13:58:33 [jcc]
tlr: if we konw that a big part of XML security community is on West Coast, that would be a good reason...
13:59:06 [jcc]
... for having it there, on the other side if having it in Europe would attract European people in a relevant enough number....
13:59:14 [jcc]
that would be a reason for Europe.
13:59:27 [fjh]
ack JuanCarlosCruellas
13:59:28 [jcc]
fjh: agree not to do in the first week of September?
13:59:36 [hal]
q+
13:59:57 [fjh]
generally agreed not to have 1st week of september
14:00:22 [fjh]
Juan Carlos: Has to make bookings in advance, has made bookings. Needs to know in advance, October possible
14:00:56 [tlr]
q+ to ask for clarification
14:01:24 [fjh]
ack GilesHogben
14:01:38 [jcc]
tlr: make a poll on the email
14:01:45 [jcc]
... for the location
14:02:20 [ghogben3]
add October?
14:02:35 [fjh]
ack Hal_Lockhart
14:02:37 [jcc]
tlr: first week of October also possible.
14:02:39 [fjh]
ack tlr
14:02:39 [Zakim]
tlr, you wanted to ask for clarification
14:02:57 [jcc]
Hal: relevant input coming from people that have implementation?
14:03:08 [jcc]
tlr: good qu3estion, discuss it through email
14:03:15 [tlr]
ACTION: thomas to put up WBS for known constraints in SeptembeR/October
14:03:15 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-27 - Put up WBS for known constraints in SeptembeR/October [on Thomas Roessler - due 2007-05-22].
14:03:36 [jcc]
fjh: review the links in the agenda and take a look to the material linked.
14:03:44 [jcc]
fjh: ajourns the meeting.
14:03:50 [Zakim]
-Hal_Lockhart
14:03:52 [Zakim]
-SeanMullen
14:03:52 [klanz2]
thanks bye
14:03:53 [Zakim]
-GregWhitehead
14:03:55 [Zakim]
-RobMiller
14:03:57 [Zakim]
-peter_Lipp
14:03:58 [Zakim]
-GilesHogben
14:03:59 [Zakim]
-klanz2
14:04:02 [Zakim]
-PHB
14:04:08 [Zakim]
-EdSimon
14:04:19 [tlr]
zakim, list participants?
14:04:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, tlr.
14:04:24 [tlr]
zakim, list participants
14:04:24 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, +1.781.442.aaaa, SeanMullen, +1.650.380.aabb, EdSimon, +1.443.695.aacc, GregWhitehead,
14:04:27 [Zakim]
... RobMiller, Hal_Lockhart, +30281039aadd, GilesHogben, +1.781.306.aaee, PHB, klanz2, peter_Lipp, +1.514.861.aaff, DonEastlake
14:04:32 [tlr]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
14:04:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
14:05:19 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:05:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, DonEastlake
14:06:23 [tlr]
zakim, excuse us
14:06:23 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, JuanCarlosCruellas, +1.781.442.aaaa, SeanMullen, +1.650.380.aabb, EdSimon, +1.443.695.aacc, GregWhitehead,
14:06:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec
14:06:26 [Zakim]
... RobMiller, Hal_Lockhart, +30281039aadd, GilesHogben, +1.781.306.aaee, PHB, klanz2, peter_Lipp, +1.514.861.aaff, DonEastlake
14:06:28 [tlr]
rrsagent, bye
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-actions.rdf :
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to post the changes to canonicalization process [1]
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-irc#T13-06-16
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Frederick to post red-line link for C14N11 [2]
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-irc#T13-06-58
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: thomas to draft CG note draft for submission to XML CG - due 2007-06-20 [3]
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-irc#T13-23-01
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: thomas to put up WBS for known constraints in SeptembeR/October [4]
14:06:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-xmlsec-irc#T14-03-15
14:06:30 [tlr]
781.426.3109